Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place!
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 5, 2016
Red Roof Inn is a great business to gain much experience. Very customer service oriented, need to be independent worker and work well with a team. Learn how to communicate with guest effectively and also learn to diffuse and solve problems with guest related issues. Great and new experience.
overall okay place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2016
It was on okay job for a young mother. A place that gives raises and promotions. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
free room
Cons
management sucks
Loved management.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2016
Good first job. Typical day involved checking guest in and out, I learned how to work the program used from checking guest in and out as well as making reservations. I loved my co-workers and the hardest part was keeping up with tiny things that needed to be told to other staff members when it is busy.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, bad area
Productive work spot
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJuly 15, 2016
Nice and well maintain hotel rooms. The hardest part of this job would be when the rooms need to be clean but the staying resident is still not officially ready to go when their stay was over.
Pros
Good coworkers respectful and good peaceful location
Cons
Little pay and needs a new remodel look but other than that rooms are great condition.
Mediocre place of work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  5425 W Michigan Ave, Oshtemo Township, MIJuly 12, 2016
Co-workers were fun to be around and management at the time needed work, however, I am sure the place has shaped up since my departure.
Great Seasonal Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLJuly 11, 2016
Great place to work during season if you enjoy fast paced jobs, Management is good about being flexible and communicating.
Pros
Management is Flexible
Cons
insufficient hours
Corporate & management great.
Sales Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great manager and assistant manager to work with at time of my employment. Most every day was pleasant. I learned that dependable employee's are valuable when hiring. Not easy covering someone's shift. All staff were pretty good and so were a lot of the guests.
Pros
Good management & benefits
Cons
A few bad guests
Not many hours but pay was decent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAJune 30, 2016
management was good, co-workers were ok besides not doing their share (did not work as a team), hours varied, good guidelines and policies
Fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 29, 2016
I had fun working at this place. I met a lot of people and enjoyed working there. I learned how to check people in and out of the hotel and how to service people
production very good. come to work on time
Night Auditor/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
management ok. a lot of paper work, guest complaining, but it`s all good. She have everything went ok for the day,
Red Roof Inn
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 8, 2016
Red Roof was a great place to work. I love interacting with the customers and doing clerical work as well as booking hotel rooms for the customers.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
30mins
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 17, 2016
Very nice employees good work environment enjoyed the employee day was able to recieve hours and even overtime really great experience
Great place to work but average pay
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604May 16, 2016
Would agree that anyone should have some experience in hospitality at one point or another great character builder, money manager, and starting job.
Pros
Corporate benefits and vacations
Cons
expensive healthcare and average pay
Decent place to work
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 11, 2016
It's a job/ Been here since 2007 though and they don't like to promote. It is one of those jobs where you are just a body to fill a spot. People always call out and they expect you to cover the position no matter what you are doing.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No room for growth
Front Desk Agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 6, 2016
Front line of all guest concern from check-in to check-out.Building relationship so guest would return.The hardest part of the job would be making sure clean ooms for guest.I enjoy meeting new people.My co-worker didn't enjoy making guest happy.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No breaks
It was a peaceful place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 2, 2016
I would go into work and do my job as best I could. I didn't really see many of my co-workers, we worked by ourselves mainly unless someone was behind and one of us was done we would go help that person get finished. I enjoy this kind of work because I do get to work alone, it's also humbling and I don't mind cleaning what so ever.
great job
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (GSR) (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 26, 2016
Job is very fun and laid back. Boss is very easy going as long as the employees get the work done. Have freedom to swap shifts with other co workers.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLApril 19, 2016
Good place to work...no room for advancement. Hours were consistent and the work was not overly difficult. Checked guests in and out, helped manager with general office duties.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
no room for advancement
Fair
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNApril 16, 2016
Management made things a lot tougher than they had to be. My experience with this hotel was an exercise in patience, but I learned a lot and I choose to focus on that.
Productive and fun work environment. Great staff.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2016
I typically worked the afternoon shift from 3 pm to 11 pm which dealt majorly with check ins, late check outs, and making future reservations. I learned how to do all of this within four days, thanks to the help of the employees who were really patient and professional. I love my management, and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with little stuff during times where it was really busy. The most enjoyable part I would have to say was the people since I prefer interpersonal communication.
Pros
Free lunches often.
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9