Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

I loved the hours
Front Office (Former Employee), Tulsa okFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: hours are great
Cons: no medical ins
I loved working there and my boss was really great and flexible. I had to quit for personal reasons but I would go back in a heart beat!
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee), Lansing, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: the healthcare i had good healthcare
Cons: there was no cons
a typical day at work is to set up my cart with towels and linens making sure I have all my cleaning materials I learn to be a team leader which means if one needs help and is behind I am willing to help the hardest part of my job is seeing my job is done the right way and satisfactory the most enjoyable is helping the guests and to see that they are happy
I liked working at Woodbury Hampton Inn.
Front Desk Employee (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lunch break was only 20 min
My typical day at Woodbury Inn was good, change bedding, dusted vacuumed, made sure guest rooms were clean. I learned how to put on a duvet. Management was good. Co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was putting on the duvets when I first started, but mastered it at the end. The most enjoyable of the job was welcoming the guests and keeping their room clean.
Good job to start off for an assistant or office job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), monroe,miJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: get to meet alot of people traveling
Cons: no breaks
You learn a lot about businesses starting off with this job. Answering phone calls in timely manner, faxing and receiving faxes. You always love the copy machine and know how to read and explain documentation. Hardest part about the job is dealing with uneasy guests but over time the employee or trainee will know exact how to handle every situation.
Friendly, and fun workplace with laid back environment
Service Representative (Current Employee), Westport, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free, unlimited water
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work is pretty much routine, nothing really out of the ordinary happens. It's always only one employee on a shift so it is very independent. For the most part it is a very simple job. The only hard part is getting a rush of customers at a time due to there not being anyone to assist you. The most enjoyable part is talking with the out of town guests who share details about the cities that they are from I love that!
Franchise
Head Maintenance (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
I started with Red Roof Inn as corporately owned and it is franchised. Management is different, but if it is run like a corporate owned motel, it would be cleaner, more organized, fair, even be profitable. The hardest part of the job is knowing how it should be managed and it not being done well. I haven't received a raise in 2 years due to new ownership. The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving for the day.
National chain.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Milton, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Nice clean place enjoyed co-workers. The pay was not compatable after 5 years.
Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in and grabbing my room list and then just getting to work. I would go get my cleaning supplies and new bedding and things like that and just go around to my rooms I needed to clean. The hardest part about this job was there wasn't a lot of interaction with guests or with each other. My favorite part of the job was that even though there was not a lot of interaction, we were trusted enough to do our job on our own. that says a lot about our management and our training.
it was an ok work place
Front Desk Clerk. Night Auditor. Lobby attendant (Former Employee), Nashville, TnDecember 29, 2014
Working at this particular red roof was ok for the most part, Ill just say it paid the bills so it was ok.
very good place to work great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 26, 2014
Pros: breaks when needed
Cons: very hectick
mr.greg was my supervisior he was a very caring man he was always there to help no matter what needed to be done he was family oreinted.i meet a lot of different people.saw many different cultures.wonderful place to work.
Wonderful company
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and vacations
Managing at this company was wonderful I had a great staff. I learned how to count inventory, ordering procedures, budgeting, hiring and firing, The hardest part was firing and keeping an old property up to standards. Most enjoyable was when I would go out and help the staff clean and when we had district meetings I would learn a lot from other managers.
always productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
Pros: seeing guest happy
start at 8 am end around 4pm, I cleaned guest rooms and lobby, the guest were great, it was a good job people I worked with were good to my boss was awesome. I miss it some times, the hard part of the job was the rooms that guest would destroy.
love love love
Front Desk Clerk/ admin assistant (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 2, 2014
love this job and the people I worked with. work is awesome. Really laid back and no worries
No Benefits Long-term
Laundry/Room Attendant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2014
One of my first jobs was a housekeeper at one of the Red Roof Inns in Louisville. The benefits are not good, and this is no place to work long-term. This is not because of the nature of the work, but there is no employee appreciation. A member of my family has worked there for over 25 years and in all that time, it's changed ownership more times then I can remember. It was also discovered that there is no retirement benefits that were offered in the past. Must have been one of the better owners.
good job but not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee), brookfield wiNovember 20, 2014
washing dishes entire shift,prep work taking out garbage,cleaning
management was rude but I did my job
co workers easy to get along with
enjoyed the pay rate
nice lunch room
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, OhioNovember 12, 2014
take calls from customers for reservations and cancellations, nice place to work
A wonderful experience
Front desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: i was never bored at work, there was always a question to be answered.
Cons: dealing with hotel issues that neededntobe address to the com[any not the employees.
A typical day t Red Roof Inn began with greeting guest as well as checking them in and out, making reservations over the phone and handling cash sales. During my 2 year time period, I learned to deal with different personalities, which made it easier to handle guest complaints. The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints we had no say over, for ex; plumbing issues.
Nice hotel with great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 22, 2014
I would clean rooms each day .Check in the guest ,The hardest part of the job was walking up the stairs with that cart. I love my co workers we got along just.
Prefer not to participate
Area General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Its a good company to start a career in the hospitality field, where you can learn the basics and there is potential for growth. They do provide a paid 3-5 week training if it's a corporate property.
fast pace work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: auditor arriving late
customer service
management on site
friendly co-workers
the hardest part was none
i enjoy working in hotels