Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2017
I really don't have a review for this company. I was only there for a short period of time. The location that I was working at was brought as a franchise.
It was a good job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 24, 2017
It was a good job I loved it I just didn't think I was being paid enough for everything I did. The manager had his favorites as it was very clear he didn't hide it. All the people that worked there just tried to start drama and stuff so I took myself out of the equation.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks, rude guests, sometimes long hours.
productive and fun place to work
Front Desk GSR/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 23, 2017
this was a very educational experience for me working her i learned so much about the hospitality industry hands on training was the best just knowing how to deal with the day to day issues of this industry prepared me for the GM job i later squired with Motel6
Opportunity to work with Great People
Asst. General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
Working with all my fellow workers, Staff to Executive Management has been a wonderful experience at all levels. Everyone is dedicated to working together to achieve company goals and personal growth.
Pros
Upper management very responsive to needs
Cons
Current Time, limited GM positions in Atlanta
great place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 20, 2017
They were great people to work for. The job was easy but had a lot of special duties to do. I did a lot of garden work and also helped to clean rooms. I did powerwashing and made sure the grounds were clean.
Great place to work with a family atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 19, 2017
Red Roof Contact Center is a good place to work. The job can be stressful during our busy season but the management realize this and have numerous cookouts and events to help with morale. Management believe in an open door policy and will make themselves available to any agent for their concerns.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Numerous different shifts
Very nice for morning people and if you dont want to work that much
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 17, 2017
So I have been working there for about a month now and I have got to say that I really don't like anything about the job except the fact I get to have the rest of the day off to do whatever. They don't have set schedules and the pay is not that great either but would be perfect for someone who just wants to work a few days a week for some extra cash not for someone who wants a permanent job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No set schedule, pay bad, and not many hours
annoying hotel owner and manager
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 16, 2017
typically the weekends were busy especially in the summer. the management was an awesome woman who I really liked I just did not like her style of management
Temporary not permanent
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 16, 2017
If you want to work in house keeping, do it as something either extra or temporary. It's a lot of work and if the company doesn't want to pay you for it then it's not worth it.
Pros
You work alone
Cons
Pay isnt good for all the work required
Bad Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 14, 2017
As long as you can speak Spanish its ok to work there. Management blames everyone else for the problems they have. They are always looking for a new maintenance guy because they get treated so poorly for poor pay. there are no benefits for working here and you will only make minimum wage.
complicated
Customer Service at front desk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 13, 2017
small company.... very small... company holiday party's were fun.... somewhat flexible on the working scheduled.... guest had a lot to say checking out...
Houskeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 9, 2017
I stay very busy and the pay is really good. We get discounts for any rooms we book. I get alot of hours and the people are really nice. I really enjoy the working enviornment.
Pros
Very busy
Cons
No elevator
boring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
the workplace was horrible.. the hotel was infested and the managers team was disrespctful and they cut hours unexpected. it is on great street downtown.. but should not have been there
Relaxed atmosphere, great people
Customer Service/Maintenamce (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Red Roof Inns is a great place to work. Especially for someone that doesn't have a lot obligations. Its a good stepping stone for people looking for experience in the hospitality industry
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Benefits
Never know what might happen
Front Desk Clerk/ Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 6, 2017
typical day at work is answering phones make resevations, direct customers to rooms and local food places. I learned diversity and to know your stuff basically and you would be a good worker. Management was forgiving but also encouraged you that work is important as well. the hardest part is "those customers " that thought they were entitled to everything and wanted dicounts for whatever they could find. Most enjoyable part is that it was flexible and laid-back.
Pros
laid back, co-workers
Cons
pay rate
I love it here
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 5, 2017
I love working at this Red Roof Inn. A lot has been remodeled, and the management and staff are great. This has got to be one of my favorite jobs.....
Very Dangerous
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2017
The owners act like Mafioso. A large percentage of the clientele are hard core criminals. They shorted my hours on almost every check that's why I left.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Lack of security/safety.
Easy job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2017
The job was easy. What Mae the job amazing was all the housekeepers. They will help you with anything that they can. They even bought someone shoes when they didn't have the money
Very Unprofessional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 26, 2017
I wish they would have handled things better and treated the employees better than they did but I did enjoy working there some days and I probably would recommend his job to someone because maybe the service and management has gotten better
Unprofessional Employees
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 26, 2017
I loved assisiting the guests and the job title but the people i worked with were just really unsatisifing. It was a unfair work enviroment and didnt like the fact i had a son