Red Roof Inns, Inc.

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employer Reviews

productive very fun very friendly enviorment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches, birthday celebrations
Cons: there were no cons to me
a typical day at work... I would come in at my schedule time. greet guest. check in guest check out guest. answer the phone take messages. book reservations. I learned about people from different companies and cultures. Management and co-workers were very nice extremely important and extremely incredible. I worked with incredible people. loving and – more... caring people. the hardest part of the job, there is no hard part in having a job. you deal with different people everyday and you take it one day at a time and learn to love what you do. the most enjoyable part, the people, picking up the phone calls taking messages basically everything. I love front desk or any job for that matter because I love what I do. I love to work hard and want to be successful and want to be something in life. – less
Enjoyed working there
Housekeeper/laundry attendant (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TNAugust 30, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling, staff is like family
Cons: never enough clean linens, not enough hours to maintain insurance.
I worked for this company for a total of 8 years as housekeeper and laundry attendant. It was one of the most fun jobs I ever had and I got to meet lots of interesting people. What I did not like was the fact that the manager shopped all day, pretty much every day, and did not do her job like she was suppose to. She would freak when inspection time – more... rolled around and would have me and another housekeeper go around and do room inspections instead of doing it herself. Housekeeping is a hard job but is rewarding if you take pride in your work.

In order to obtain health insurance you must work a minimum of 32 hours per week and most weeks you fall short of that. Some days can be very long and grueling if short-staffed.

Loved the flexible schedule and having one weekend off per month. – less
busy
Guest Service Rep (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee and wifi
Cons: management not so good.
Its a good location. Brings a big diverse group of people. great team and very friendly people .
Wonderful Company
GSR (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2013
This is a wonderful company to work for. The guests that you encounter always put a smile on your face. Management does not babysit you, instead they work with you.
ok
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 4, 2013
• Handled front desk area by collecting payments and registering guests in and out.
• Worked all shifts; catering to the needs of each guest(s) during their stay.
• Maintained computer system, receipts and other documents.
• Housekeeping, maintance
Wished I Could Have Stayed Longer
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Essington, PAJuly 30, 2013
Was laid off due to not enough work. Workers with seniority remained safe
Loved my job as a Guest Service Representative
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2013
Friendly environment, friendly co workers and guest. Always an enjoyable place to be. Learned how to work well with others and be there for customers when they needed me, regardless if it was my job or not, if it needed to be done, I done it.
good for entry level
House Keeper (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good job all around
Cons: n/a
I believe this job is good for a first timer. to me it was really simple, it was like cleaning your own house except when you were done you could go home. you'd mop, make beds, fold sheets and etc
Easy, Quick, Simple
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Robert, MOJune 14, 2013
I worked mainly by myself to clean the rooms assigned to me. My managers were always around bringing clean sheets to all the housekeepers.
Really miss working independantly.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 31, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: breaks seem to go by to fast
What I learned is that I take pride in what I do, the challenges give me a rush to meet the room quotas.
co-workers were great
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CaMay 21, 2013
co-workers were great. very helpful. hardest part of the job was hearing complaints from guest.
fun easygoing people
housekeeper/ laundry attendant (Former Employee), Montgomery, INApril 30, 2013
loved the atmosphere of the job, the co-employees were fun and easygoing, the routine stayed pretty much the same and I liked that
Typical night at Red Roof Inn
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Marana, AzApril 25, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: working late nights
While working the night audit shift at the hotel, It thought it may get boring but little did I know when I started. After about a week on the job, I was in love with my job. I loved doing my paperwork and I loved the customers. My customers were usually truckers, construction workers or families here for vacation. The best part was listening to their – more... stories. Ive heard stories about couples meeting and getting married, Ive heard about how a man is traveling to support his family and Ive heard stories about how a man comes back to this hotel because thats where his late wife and he would come just for a weekend. The stories gave me hope and taught me that no matter what, one day I will have stories like this to tell. – less
Great Team!
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: everyone who works a shift after you is really late, and they always leave the work area a mess.
Working here, I worked with some of the best in guest service. Upper management could use some work on how valued associates are treated.

The audit shift is more of a security position at this property. The audit total only takes about 15 minutes to complete on a nightly basis, leaving plenty of time for cleaning and security work.
stay to yourself kind of job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 22, 2013
Pros: alot of free time
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work just cleaning all rooms sometimes its relaxing
Great staff to work with.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 18, 2013
Great staff to work with. Excellent balance of work and life.
OK, alot of work for low pay.
Head Maintenance Man (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
No chance for advancement, stuck in same position. very low pay for skills held.
Great learning and experience
Night Auditor (Part-time) (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 5, 2013
Pros: great way to make extra money
Cons: none.
Typical routine was to report for the graveyard shift, note the wake-up calls, handle stragglers checking in late. After things settle you begin balancing the the transaction from the day before. after 3 AM wake up calls begin.
Very productive and busy workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Troy, ILApril 3, 2013
Pros: discounted rooms
Cons: 24hr business
I have learned great customer interaction, self protection, and management skills. I enjoy taking charge being the only staff in the evening allows me to take on some manager decisions.
Timed assignment but manageable
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAApril 2, 2013
The room assignment varied due to many rooms were rented usually 16- 25 a day. I cleaned the room excellently for give the guest a very clean room. I always worked in the laundry department and did the linen for the motel. The manager was fair and well liked by employers and my co worker were good people to work besides.

About Red Roof Inns, Inc.

This business believes a night's lodging shouldn't put you in the red. Red Roof Inn is a leading budget motel chain with nearly – Read more

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Photos