Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable people but management has no idea what they are doing. They seem new to business ownership.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 9, 2015
The employees are pretty fun and energetic. Things are always twisted when I show up in the morning and arent fixed until around 12 PM til 3 PM but we manage to get everything done without the managements help. There are many problems wrong with the ways that the place is managed but I do my best with what I have. I havent learned anything that I didnt already know. I mean anyone that cleans their own house knows how to do my job.
Pros
Free breakfast if you show up before 9 AM.
Cons
Poor management.
All Staff is like family.
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Herkimer, NYJune 8, 2015
This is a very friendly atmosphere and everyone is like family. the only downside is there aren't enough hours for the staff.
I suffer from a little OCD so anything associated with cleaning or some sort of fast pace environment is good for me.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 4, 2015
Being a laundry attendant I mostly worked alone, but when I did interact with my co-workers the conversations were always welcoming. The manager was nice and helped me fully understand the job requirements. The hardest part of this job was keeping track of my schedule being that I obtained the job threw a temp agency. I loved the job because to me I was getting paid to do nothing while still getting the job done.
Great place for beginers
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 4, 2015
staff is fun to work with and enjoyed my time being an employee.
should there ever be a concern , asking for assistance was never a problem
Growth opportunities and decent wages.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 2, 2015
The company offered flexible work schedules. Opportunities for cross training and growth within the company. Benefits offered were good and pay was comparable to other similar companies.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 28, 2015
I love working at the Red Roof Inn it was a culturally diverse population. The staff and the customer were very social and polite.
The customers took an personal interest in me business I was very industrious around the property daily. The manager was more than professional but he had sense of humor which kept us feeling like a family.The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain people attitudes, some people didn't respect the staff or the property.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
No breaks, working in some of the worst weathers
Lots of responsibility but always interesting and fun
Guest Service Representative, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved checking guests in and out, making reservations, giving directions, offering suggestions for food and shopping, and cleaning of the front office space. There was a lot of computer work and you definitely have to be good with people. Some people will talk all day if you let them, some people will yell and scream, and others will try to get away with anything that they can. As a front desk person, there are times when you are the only staff person on site and are responsible for everything. If a guest has a clogged toilet, it's on you to fix it! If there is an emergency requiring police, fire, or ems, you are the one to call. You are responsible for the safe and its contents as well as the cash register. You are responsible for a lot, but overall it is a good place to work.
Favorable Entry Level Employment Opportunity
Night Auditor/ Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 17, 2015
A favorable and enjoyable entry level equal opportunity employer which allows those the chances to increase their customer service and computer science skill sets.
typical day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 13, 2015
it was an ok job had better co workers could of been friendlier and more cleanness. other than that it was an okay enviorment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
come co workers were rude
OKAY company forproduction
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 6, 2015
Claxton is a typical production company. The more you put in the more you get out.The enviorment is alright. Most of the people are nice.
Front desk
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  MORROWMay 3, 2015
nice place to work with people. The management Was nice also co-workers. It was nice to see everyday new people. I Learn about hospitality business
a day of work for a front desk attendant
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 23, 2015
◾Tend to deal with corporate clientele on business trips.
◾See a steady flow of new guests, usually staying for a short duration. Even with repeat customers, you probably won't see them more than a few times a year.
◾Spend a lot of your time on check in and check out of single guests as well as groups and tours.
◾Arrange reservations, prepare for business meetings, offer referrals for services,take care of day-to-day problems as part of the hotel team.
Answered incoming calls to make reservations.
Red Roof Inn (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 2, 2015
I would take incoming calls. I made reservations, and assisted guest with questions. Such as directions, phones number's and questions about the hotels.
I like to work with people
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 11, 2015
It was nice place to work with people.The management Was nice also co-workers.It was nice to see everyday new people.I Learn about hospitality business
busy work
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Lake City FLMarch 10, 2015
get check out list clean check outs restock and be off the clock by 2pm. I learned time management
the hardest part of the job was having the things needed to finish the job
Pros
come to work at 9am
Cons
no room for lunch break when they won't off the clock by 2pm
Communicating with guest daily on reservations/travel/social/info
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 9, 2015
Answering phones, making reservation, accommodating the guest for their needs in the hotel. Assisting and recovering all complaints to make the guest happy. I enjoy to social with conversation to guest and make them feel welcome for their stay so they can come back. I feel being alone at Front Desk is my responsibility to keep in charge of all situations that occur on my shift. We manage our own shifts without supervision. The hardest is really just satisfying the guest with needs of blankets, sheets, pillows ect. to their rooms and being the security.
Pros
employee rates for family and friends
Cons
no raises or benefits for all the years of work
sdfsfd
sdfsfsdf (Former Employee) –  sdfsfsfMarch 9, 2015
• Pool and Spa testing and cleaning
• Respond to all guest's requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Transport hotel guests to and from the property, Ontario airport, and within 10 miles.
• Providing light maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices
• Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuum using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
It's a good little job
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 6, 2015
I actually really liked the job, it was busy all the time so you always had work. steady hours, 11-5 every day of the week. The managers are always fair.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing really
A Hotel
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Red Roof Inns is a hotel with minimal responsibility in management and maximum responsibility in serving your guests.
different
Waitress/House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAFebruary 22, 2015
was good waitressing but when restaurant closed it all became different u=in housekeeping. i was new to it but i caight on. it was ok foir a while then u start seeing lots of changes and poeple u woirked with start talking abiut u behind your back. letting other worker do whatever they wanted and when u did the work the oyjher got the credit. i always came ti wirk on my days off cause no one else would show uo for work and when i asked for one day off cause i was moving they got mad and sent me a bad text message so no i will never return there.
Pros
different work
Cons
no advancment/ no trust/specail treatment