Red Roof Inns, Inc.

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employer Reviews

Long days
Front Desk Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, good money
Cons: front desk don't get breaks
Very busy I work 3-11 so its none stop, checking guest in and handling their needs, we just switch mangers, so dont really know her. I love most of my cowaorks, hardest part of the job is some of the people you have to deal with. The most enjoyble part are the long time guest, they become like family.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: bad benifits
On a normal day I spent my time taking care of guest

The best part of my job is meeting new people

The hardest part of my job is finding and fixing all mistakes
ok I guest
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
I't was a really nice place to work but It got me threw. I enjoyed them and they loved me.
Needs to be overhauled in upper management
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2014
Cons: limit upper management.
Was General Manager for 7 years. Upper Management was very crule, and not very understanding when it came to upkeep of the hotel. They did not want to hear what the manager had to say, and would not listen. I had a regional mgr stand for over 30 minutes folding a sheet to get out the wrinkles. Something wrong with that! The General managers have very little input in the operations of the hotel. Bad system, with no where to go.
Management was not fair.
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: too much favoritism
Grounds cleaned,work orders completed,guest taken care of,whatever else need taken careof.

No matter how hard you work some people tent to find fault with you.

Management was unfair to me and was always on me about something especially the last year or two.

for the most part some were ok

dealing with manager and her pets(other employees)
it was ok, nothing to spaek of.
Maintenace (Former Employee), Muskegon Heights, MIFebruary 20, 2014
Typical day was fixing rooms when things got broken. And a little bit of landscaping and thats about it.
Great place to work. Repeat customers became occupational friends.
Night Auditor Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: no cons
Great place to work. Always busy. I was pretty young back then and really enjoyed learning the night audit. Had a great manager Mark Gilliepie just realized I still remember his name. Very good manager.
loved this job. would be better without mangement
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: guests
Cons: environment, mangement, corporate, no breaks, understaffed, underpaid, no advancment
Enjoyed the co-workers even though there was a lot of gossip and drama. Manager was unprofessional and out of control. She has some serious anger issues. Guests were my favorite part of the job and the paper work was delightful for me. Corporate could care less about their hotels. In a really bad area. I was followed from there by two guys who later tried to kidnap me. Needless to say DO NOT WORK THERE!
you can watch tv
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), toledo ohioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: not a lot of physical work
Cons: health benfits
Its a very laid back environment. I work second shift so I usually does not work with co-workers the hardest part of the job is to get an upset costumer happy
Not very productive or consistent in the workforce
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: sometimes we got donuts or ice crem
Cons: sometimes we didn't get breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining it and having the opportunity to prove how valuable I was. A typical day at work was different from day to day because nothing was consistent. I learned how to accommodate people on their stays and meet their needs instead of my own. Management was bias, prejudice, and not professional at all. The hardest part of the job was working there under circumstances that changed from day to day.
redroof inn
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Boardman, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no breaks, hours vary, only one person at night
You meet a lot of different people from all over the world. As well as learn many skills that will help you better life.
Good learning
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJanuary 16, 2014
It was boring at times when it was slow. Other than that it was pretty interesting
Fun workplace with the co-workers
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great managemnt
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was making reservations, checking guest in and out, making chart for housekeepers to clean rooms; at night balancing the daily intake. I learned how to be a night auditor and balance out the daily intake. I enjoyed the management and they took the time to keep the front desk clerks up to date on new software and procedures. The co-workers were wonderful to work with and made the shifts go by quickly. The hardest part of the job was balancing out the daily intake. If it did not balance you had to go back through and find the problem. Even though this was hard it was also very rewarding when you found the problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people when they checked in.
Stressful, Hard, and Lacking Support
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: i was able to meet new people and develope relationships.
Cons: salary was not high enough, work was too much, too long, and too stressful.
This job was stressful because I lacked the support needed to help this Inn thrive. The General manager was always out playing golf or taking care of his personal business which placed all of the responsibilities on me. I was too much stuff for one person to do and it wasn't enough time in the day to complete everything that needed to be done.
good Job but not a career
Marketing, Sales (Former Employee), KnoxvilleJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free rooms
I loved working here I loved who I worked for but its a Hotel and no benefits and I worked 2 years at minimum wage with no chance of getting a raise
productive day
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no holiday pay until after a year
I am currently working at a front desk of a hotel and I have learn to have patience with guest that are rude. my normal guest that come in, I usually have there room ready with there paper to check in so they can go right into their room.
hotel work
housekeeping (Former Employee), Township of Cranberry, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: kind of work i like doing and being able to interact with others
Cons: heatlh care people not doing there job properly
my typical day was stressful here the laundry wasn't done when we needed things to have been done for morning time for us to use, my co workers was not to bad, I got along with everyone , but I feel people need to pitch in and do there work and not be occupied on there phones here or other things when we need to get things done in our amount of time we had to do it in. the hardes part of this job was waiting and waiting on the linnens to get done we had to write what rooms needed what missing until they got done. the enjoyable time was it was summer time I got to interact with customers from all over and people coming from outa state that stayed and told us stories when we was working, the management here was not to good.
Low Maintenance
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Columbia, MODecember 18, 2013
Pros: snack and soda machine.
Cons: short breaks
Arrive 10 minutes early, go to the break room before work starts, clock in, get a board sheet with tasks you need to complete stack up cart with items, etc. Start cleaning rooms within 30 minutes for each room. I didn't learn much. Just how to make a bed properly and that's all. Everything else I already knew how to do. They had poor management. My co-workers were nice, but very pushy. The hardest part of the job was rolling around the cart from room to room and having to bend over all the time. I did not enjoy this job.
Good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), London, KYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no benifits
Good place to work the bosses at this job are very nice and understanding.
good job while in college
Guest Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYDecember 4, 2013
Cons: lots of drama, get to see all kinds of people
This was a good job to have if going to college, a lot of down time in the off season.

About Red Roof Inns, Inc.

This business believes a night's lodging shouldn't put you in the red. Red Roof Inn is a leading budget motel chain with nearly – Read more

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Photos