Red Roof Inns, Inc.

Red Roof Inns, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

LOVED working here
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 1, 2014
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Was a lot of fun working with new people everyday.
fun work place
Front Desk Agent/Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: being to interact with customers face to face
Cons: slow days
helping customers with questions and assign rooms.
it really fun..meet different people specially doing busy seasons
fun working environment
Shuttle Driver/Front Desk (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: driving
Cons: no lunch
3 stars/this company provided no lunch. they do not care about their employees
Family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 15, 2014
I work for this company for many year and the owner were like family to me ...I learned a lot from working their and getting to know how to run a hotel and learned to become a manager along with working with different people as well in different areas of management
fun work work place once you get along witha variety people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: having and giving great customer service
Cons: having very little time for luch break and be unrecognized for my work
A typical day working for Red Roof Inn was some what fun but then again when performing my duties it will get unrecognized even though I would go above and beyond when it came to making sure customers were satisfied. The manager was some what unreasonable but I never once complained because every one you meet in life aren't always going to be so easy to get along with. My co-workers with exception of a few were more then likely for themselves but the few that I mention we got along good and helped each other occasionally when the hotel was overly busy. The hardest part was trying to get recognized for the work that I performed and the joyous part of that job was completing my work knowing that the guests were satisfied at the end.
it was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 10, 2014
I would say the other housekeepers were great to work with, and some of the front desk employees were enjoyable to work with also. I think the hardest part of the job was when we were renovating and had hurricane victims come into the Inn all at the same time but we did it and, tried our best to make everyone as comfortable as possible
A great small hotel chain
Front Desk and Night Auditor (Former Employee), Houston Texas and Colorado Springs ColoradoMarch 24, 2014
A typical day included opening and closing the shift, if I worked a day shift, balancing the shift drawers, if I worked the audit shift. Checking customers in, checking them out, assisting with tourist questions, movie rentals and phone charges. During the day, my teammate and I would do a room check, following OSHA requirements. During the audit shift, I would prepare the deposit, prepare the breakfast area with packaged goods and coffee, clean the lobby area, and address any emergencies that arose regarding guests. To work in this field, flexibility is a must, and great customer service is essential.
Job security
General Manager of West Springfield (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 17, 2014
I was a manager for them for many years. It is great company to work for.
Long days
Front Desk Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, good money
Cons: front desk don't get breaks
Very busy I work 3-11 so its none stop, checking guest in and handling their needs, we just switch mangers, so dont really know her. I love most of my cowaorks, hardest part of the job is some of the people you have to deal with. The most enjoyble part are the long time guest, they become like family.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: bad benifits
On a normal day I spent my time taking care of guest

The best part of my job is meeting new people

The hardest part of my job is finding and fixing all mistakes
ok I guest
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
I't was a really nice place to work but It got me threw. I enjoyed them and they loved me.
Needs to be overhauled in upper management
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2014
Cons: limit upper management.
Was General Manager for 7 years. Upper Management was very crule, and not very understanding when it came to upkeep of the hotel. They did not want to hear what the manager had to say, and would not listen. I had a regional mgr stand for over 30 minutes folding a sheet to get out the wrinkles. Something wrong with that! The General managers have very little input in the operations of the hotel. Bad system, with no where to go.
Management was not fair.
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: too much favoritism
Grounds cleaned,work orders completed,guest taken care of,whatever else need taken careof.

No matter how hard you work some people tent to find fault with you.

Management was unfair to me and was always on me about something especially the last year or two.

for the most part some were ok

dealing with manager and her pets(other employees)
it was ok, nothing to spaek of.
Maintenace (Former Employee), Muskegon Heights, MIFebruary 20, 2014
Typical day was fixing rooms when things got broken. And a little bit of landscaping and thats about it.
Great place to work. Repeat customers became occupational friends.
Night Auditor Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: no cons
Great place to work. Always busy. I was pretty young back then and really enjoyed learning the night audit. Had a great manager Mark Gilliepie just realized I still remember his name. Very good manager.
loved this job. would be better without mangement
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: guests
Cons: environment, mangement, corporate, no breaks, understaffed, underpaid, no advancment
Enjoyed the co-workers even though there was a lot of gossip and drama. Manager was unprofessional and out of control. She has some serious anger issues. Guests were my favorite part of the job and the paper work was delightful for me. Corporate could care less about their hotels. In a really bad area. I was followed from there by two guys who later tried to kidnap me. Needless to say DO NOT WORK THERE!
you can watch tv
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), toledo ohioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: not a lot of physical work
Cons: health benfits
Its a very laid back environment. I work second shift so I usually does not work with co-workers the hardest part of the job is to get an upset costumer happy
Not very productive or consistent in the workforce
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: sometimes we got donuts or ice crem
Cons: sometimes we didn't get breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining it and having the opportunity to prove how valuable I was. A typical day at work was different from day to day because nothing was consistent. I learned how to accommodate people on their stays and meet their needs instead of my own. Management was bias, prejudice, and not professional at all. The hardest part of the job was working there under circumstances that changed from day to day.
redroof inn
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Boardman, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no breaks, hours vary, only one person at night
You meet a lot of different people from all over the world. As well as learn many skills that will help you better life.
Good learning
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJanuary 16, 2014
It was boring at times when it was slow. Other than that it was pretty interesting

About Red Roof Inns, Inc.

This business believes a night's lodging shouldn't put you in the red. Red Roof Inn is a leading budget motel chain with nearly – Read more

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Salaries