Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GADecember 1, 2016
I would have stayed longer I lost my means of transportation which lead to me being laid off great place to work he does show gratitude when your work is done properly
Poor Management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 18, 2016
Other than the extreme rudeness and unprofessional attitude of the management this may have been a great place for growth and advancement within the company
Fun
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 15, 2016
This was one of my better jobs. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. We knew how to do our job and do it right. The down side was having a manager that was not involved to come in at random times and mess up the work flow.
Nice, But Could Have Been Better
Housekeeper (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 11, 2016
It was a good place to work, but it wasn't managed in a way that made the job pleasent. The job helped me to pay my bills and support myself, but I did not enjoy going to work.
Pros
The people I met while working.
Cons
See review above.
Don't work for a franchise
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALNovember 7, 2016
The owners of this particular hotel only want to use you. The pay is horrible and unfair. They expect you to work long hours and they don't offer benefits or vacation.
Pros
Employment
Cons
no benefits and awflul pay
The red roof is raising the roof
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VANovember 7, 2016
We love our job here at the Red Roof. Our GM is great with all of our customers and she will go above and beyond her duties to make sure our customers are satisfied. she is wonderful to work for and very family minded. She does her best to raise the roof at this place.
over worked, under paid
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 2, 2016
A lot of favoritism is shown, it seems like the ones who make the most mistakes get the credits and raises. No one appreciate good help anymore... Working here can turn a good employee that's driver and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done sour.
Productive workplace , Pet-friendly, Cheap Rooms
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 2, 2016
Working at the Red roof inn was a great experience. I learned a lot working at this hotel . They have cheap affordable rooms that are pet-friendly . Also the RedRoof inn is located in a quiet environment around many restaurants
Pros
Meeting people from all around the world
Cons
N/a
fun workplace
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 25, 2016
Working regular shifts as well as training, hiring, resovling guest problems, handling group stays, as well as enforcing all cash handling and credit policies. Reviewing daily activity reports and night audit.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 23, 2016
Loved doing housekeeping, Typical day come in clean and leave! I've learned a lot about chemicals.Management there was bad due to having a new manager with no experience.My co-workers I loved them all very friendly and family loving like me.There was no hard part about the job.The most enjoyable part was getting able to sup. new on coming housekeepers!
Pros
friendly people
Cons
super dirty stays
it was a good place too work .
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 20, 2016
, It was dub pnace too work the hours were great and the employees were fun too work with the guests loved us as much as we love them.
Pros
convient lunch places
Cons
nihi
My typical day at Red Roof
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 19, 2016
In a typical day in my current position I fulfill management tasks of opening the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of twelve individuals. Throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provide strong customer service and resolve customer issues.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no health care, no room for advancement, no pay raises
productive and a fun place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 16, 2016
You meet a lot of people Here and I'm a peoples person. The staff was all awesome you learn different things there . I really loved this job one of my most favorite
Pros
benefits and you actually can advance there
fun place to work
Sales Manager and Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work, fun environment, great management. If you are into costumer service and love working with people give it a try . compensation is not very competitive but for someone starting out it is fine .
Great job for young people in school
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2016
The position allowed me to completed my schooling.Company advancement was nearly impossible working under a franchise property. The hotel industry did allow me to meet and connect with serval people from around the world. I wouldn't trade my experience in for the world.
Job is super easy with busy moments
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2016
The typical day is relaxed because I am on over night shifts
I have improved my customer service skills
the management is decent but still has a huge turn over rate
benefits
Cons
works alone
You get to meet a diverse group of people
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 25, 2016
You get to meet people at their best and their worst. If you get lucky your coworkers become family. I've met alot of people I would have never met if not for working here.
Pros
INTERESTING AND KIND PEOPLE
Cons
EXPECTATIONS VERSES YOUR PAY
Loved meeting people from all over the world!
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was a fast place environment. I had these guests that were from Germany, they would teach me words of their language as i cleaned there rooms. It was a truly amazing experience. I was offered my job at Perkins back, I took it where it was more pay.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Bed bugs were common :/
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 7, 2016
While working at Red Roof Inn I have learned to become more familiarize with the computer. I also learned to have more patience with people. My work day consist of checking guest in and out, making keys, cleaning, handling cash and credit transactions. I love the fact that I'm get to work alone and make decisions that's affect myself and the company to my best ability.
Pros
Fast pace, get to interact with different kinds of people around the world
Cons
no breaks and the hours dont allow mr to spend enough time with my family
not a great place to work
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GASeptember 6, 2016
The management staff is very lazy and not organized. The manager doesn't do a great job of being a manager she is quick to fire people instead of Correcting the situation appropriately. They having poor training skills. Not worth your time applying or working there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything is a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8