Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of responsibility but always interesting and fun
Guest Service Representative, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved checking guests in and out, making reservations, giving directions, offering suggestions for food and shopping, and cleaning of the front office space. There was a lot of computer work and you definitely have to be good with people. Some people will talk all day if you let them, some people will yell and scream, and others will try to get away with anything that they can. As a front desk person, there are times when you are the only staff person on site and are responsible for everything. If a guest has a clogged toilet, it's on you to fix it! If there is an emergency requiring police, fire, or ems, you are the one to call. You are responsible for the safe and its contents as well as the cash register. You are responsible for a lot, but overall it is a good place to work.
Favorable Entry Level Employment Opportunity
Night Auditor/ Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 17, 2015
A favorable and enjoyable entry level equal opportunity employer which allows those the chances to increase their customer service and computer science skill sets.
typical day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 13, 2015
it was an ok job had better co workers could of been friendlier and more cleanness. other than that it was an okay enviorment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
come co workers were rude
OKAY company forproduction
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 6, 2015
Claxton is a typical production company. The more you put in the more you get out.The enviorment is alright. Most of the people are nice.
Front desk
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  MORROWMay 3, 2015
nice place to work with people. The management Was nice also co-workers. It was nice to see everyday new people. I Learn about hospitality business
a day of work for a front desk attendant
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 23, 2015
◾Tend to deal with corporate clientele on business trips.
◾See a steady flow of new guests, usually staying for a short duration. Even with repeat customers, you probably won't see them more than a few times a year.
◾Spend a lot of your time on check in and check out of single guests as well as groups and tours.
◾Arrange reservations, prepare for business meetings, offer referrals for services,take care of day-to-day problems as part of the hotel team.
Answered incoming calls to make reservations.
Red Roof Inn (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 2, 2015
I would take incoming calls. I made reservations, and assisted guest with questions. Such as directions, phones number's and questions about the hotels.
I like to work with people
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 11, 2015
It was nice place to work with people.The management Was nice also co-workers.It was nice to see everyday new people.I Learn about hospitality business
busy work
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Lake City FLMarch 10, 2015
get check out list clean check outs restock and be off the clock by 2pm. I learned time management
the hardest part of the job was having the things needed to finish the job
Pros
come to work at 9am
Cons
no room for lunch break when they won't off the clock by 2pm
Communicating with guest daily on reservations/travel/social/info
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 9, 2015
Answering phones, making reservation, accommodating the guest for their needs in the hotel. Assisting and recovering all complaints to make the guest happy. I enjoy to social with conversation to guest and make them feel welcome for their stay so they can come back. I feel being alone at Front Desk is my responsibility to keep in charge of all situations that occur on my shift. We manage our own shifts without supervision. The hardest is really just satisfying the guest with needs of blankets, sheets, pillows ect. to their rooms and being the security.
Pros
employee rates for family and friends
Cons
no raises or benefits for all the years of work
sdfsfd
sdfsfsdf (Former Employee) –  sdfsfsfMarch 9, 2015
• Pool and Spa testing and cleaning
• Respond to all guest's requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Transport hotel guests to and from the property, Ontario airport, and within 10 miles.
• Providing light maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices
• Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuum using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
It's a good little job
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 6, 2015
I actually really liked the job, it was busy all the time so you always had work. steady hours, 11-5 every day of the week. The managers are always fair.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing really
A Hotel
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Red Roof Inns is a hotel with minimal responsibility in management and maximum responsibility in serving your guests.
different
Waitress/House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAFebruary 22, 2015
was good waitressing but when restaurant closed it all became different u=in housekeeping. i was new to it but i caight on. it was ok foir a while then u start seeing lots of changes and poeple u woirked with start talking abiut u behind your back. letting other worker do whatever they wanted and when u did the work the oyjher got the credit. i always came ti wirk on my days off cause no one else would show uo for work and when i asked for one day off cause i was moving they got mad and sent me a bad text message so no i will never return there.
Pros
different work
Cons
no advancment/ no trust/specail treatment
I loved the hours
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Tulsa okFebruary 4, 2015
I loved working there and my boss was really great and flexible. I had to quit for personal reasons but I would go back in a heart beat!
Pros
hours are great
Cons
no medical ins
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJanuary 31, 2015
a typical day at work is to set up my cart with towels and linens making sure I have all my cleaning materials I learn to be a team leader which means if one needs help and is behind I am willing to help the hardest part of my job is seeing my job is done the right way and satisfactory the most enjoyable is helping the guests and to see that they are happy
Pros
the healthcare i had good healthcare
Cons
there was no cons
I liked working at Woodbury Hampton Inn.
Front Desk Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 13, 2015
My typical day at Woodbury Inn was good, change bedding, dusted vacuumed, made sure guest rooms were clean. I learned how to put on a duvet. Management was good. Co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was putting on the duvets when I first started, but mastered it at the end. The most enjoyable of the job was welcoming the guests and keeping their room clean.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lunch break was only 20 min
Good job to start off for an assistant or office job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  monroe,miJanuary 11, 2015
You learn a lot about businesses starting off with this job. Answering phone calls in timely manner, faxing and receiving faxes. You always love the copy machine and know how to read and explain documentation. Hardest part about the job is dealing with uneasy guests but over time the employee or trainee will know exact how to handle every situation.
Pros
get to meet alot of people traveling
Cons
no breaks
Friendly, and fun workplace with laid back environment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westport, MOJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty much routine, nothing really out of the ordinary happens. It's always only one employee on a shift so it is very independent. For the most part it is a very simple job. The only hard part is getting a rush of customers at a time due to there not being anyone to assist you. The most enjoyable part is talking with the out of town guests who share details about the cities that they are from I love that!
Pros
free, unlimited water
Cons
no breaks
Franchise
Head Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2015
I started with Red Roof Inn as corporately owned and it is franchised. Management is different, but if it is run like a corporate owned motel, it would be cleaner, more organized, fair, even be profitable. The hardest part of the job is knowing how it should be managed and it not being done well. I haven't received a raise in 2 years due to new ownership. The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving for the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Reviews by Location