Red Ventures

Red Ventures Employer Reviews

Fun at atmosphere to work at
Sales Agent/Broker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
Answer incoming calls from potential customers looking to buy or switch insurance companies because of premium.
Team Lead/Floor Lead/ Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, high commision payouts, great bonus program and paid vacations to top sellers
Cons: verbatim scripting, no real cafeteria only vending machines
This was a very competitive sales position with top payouts towards commission and bonus. You have the ability to make over $5000 monthly. I honestly made over 60K in my first year working here.
Red Ventures
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
My personal with Red Ventures was a great one.Great atmosphere good pay.
Vrey Productive and fun enviornment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: 5 dollar subsidized lunches, ping pong, nerf guns
Cons: bathroom breaks count against 30 minutes breaks, bathroom break must be requested, no job security
The culture that surrounds RV is great, basketball court, putting green, ping pong tables, nerf gun fights, but management is iffy, one mistake can mean your job. Management tries to work with you but essentially you get one chance to correct a wrong or you are fired.
Enjoyed the work. Company handled division termination poorly..
Quality Assurance Specialist/Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 12, 2014
I learned a ton working with this company. I always appreciated the culture and thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with.

I worked here for two years. I was a good soldier. I always did at least what was expected of me.

At the end of 2013 (late November) the company announced they were closing my division. This meant my position would be terminated. – more... RV handled this very poorly. We were given a few weeks notice (position would be eliminated starting January 1st but the last week and a half in December is a tough time to look for a new job) and that was that.

I wanted to be more bitter (not to imply that I wasn't) but my situation wasn't as extreme as many of my colleagues'.. I had two years with the company but most had at least 3 (if not significantly more).

We were not offered another position but we were told that we could re-apply to the entry level position if we wished. Corporate was very pushy with the re-application process. We were given two weeks and forced to make a decision with no exceptions.

Again, I loved the time I spent with RV. I have many friends and met even more really good people. Just beware of the large group message informing of an important mandatory meeting for "tomorrow"...

Probably should have something to fall back on. – less
Productive fun enviornment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
The oppurtunity to make a lot of money. Fun envoirment. The management was not something i agreed with, along with the job security.
Fun place to work and great incentives
Inbound Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great place to work at
Cons: n/a
I loved working for Red Ventures. If I didn't have to move I'd probably still work for the company. It was a fun and professional atmosphere working with great team leaders. The incentives were great and you were acknowledge for hard work.
Awesome place to work with Better people
Team Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: basketball court, gym, compensation.
Cons: sometimes 30-minute lunches - but that means more sales.
I worked there for over a year as a Sales Agent. The compensation is great, IF you are willing to put in the work for it. You get out what you put in, and that tends to be a lot! Basketball facility and full gym/locker room at the work place give you somewhere to relax if needed. The hardest part of the job are the potential hours - most business are – more... open 8am-midnight and on weekends, but that is part of the job and you can work your way to a better shift.

The people (both management and sales agents) are fantastic. The only bad reviews about this company are going to be from people who were not willing to put in the necessary work and had the wrong attitude. – less
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great place to work. Great co workers great place to work if you want to work for fast pace company..
Not as advertised
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: in house cafe
Cons: advancement opps
Call center, plain and simple. They sell you a nice line, but in the end its just a call center/
Great place to work!
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, lots of fun people
My typical day at Red Ventures includes taking call from customers looking to buy internet. I work 40+ hours a week, and I love working there. I want something that I can do part time to supplement my income at Red Ventures, or something with a comparable pay structure and closer to home. It is a call center, so of course it is a high-stress, fast paced – more... environment. I get excellent benefits working at RV, with everything from health care, to fitness centers, free lunches, etc. Management is friendly and you meet a lot of very cool people. Also, there is the potential to make a lot of money. – less
Great environment, Not a promising future.
Bilingual Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 16, 2014
Cons: short lunches daily due to high call volume
I've been with Red Ventures for a year now and it's treated me well. However, many changes have applied throughout the year declining higher paying opportunities. I've learned more than I possibly could have imagined with this company including: customer service, sales, patience, assumption, being assertive, and professionalism. The environment is great, – more... peers are encouraging and always positive. Many perks with the job but when it comes down to it, the money is on the phones and there's not much opportunity to move up with this company unless you want to take a major pay cut. – less
Pure Sales Environment
Retention Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours and pressure
Sale, Sale, Sale. You can be good one month and let go the next, so the pressure was on constantly.
Fun environment with stressful goals and no room for advancement
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: lax dress code, work contests, good/fast money, cheap lunches
Cons: too stressful, high turnover, short breaks, shady mgmt, unreasonable sales goals, constant schedule changes
They make this job so laid-back (dress code, ping pong table, contests, etc.) to compensate for the stressful environment.

I can't lie, the money was great, but if you're actually looking for a career you love, this may not be it (unless you like call centers).

Most of the reviews you see with 4-5 stars are probably paid for or come from people on – more... the corporate side. 90% of the people from corporate have no idea what it's like to be a sales agent.

The best schedules and time off are given to those with seniority. If you just started, expect your schedule to change a lot. I was there 8-9 months and my schedule changed at LEAST 10-11 times.

There are many businesses within RV and this is coming from someone who worked their internet sector (I was promoted to 2 different internet businesses while there).

Call volume = $$$. If you're on a business with low call volume, don't expect much commission. Depending on call volume, there is hardly any downtime. The "higher ups" can filter what types of calls you can get based on how they think they will convert (but they'll deny it when you talk about it). So one month you can be the top agent and the very next month you can be at the bottom (I had a $3000 commission check one month the very next month it was cut in thirds.)

They will stress you A LOT about numbers. On most businesses, they increase your sales goals then implement so many restrictions on what you can/can't say that it makes it nearly impossible for you to sell anything. If you say the wrong thing (every call is recorded), you fear and losing your job or the sale.

This job made you feel like you were in elementary school. There is a beep to notify you of every call coming to your headset (eventually you'll feel like Pavlov's dog). You're tied to a headset all day and you have to request to go to the bathroom. Once you exhaust your 30 minute breaks, you are penalized with attendance points. Too many attendance points and you're terminated.

MGMT was okay depending which team you were on. All the team leads had their own agendas and some weren't willing to help unless you were sucking up to them or making them the most money. Others were really good at motivating you and keeping you happy. Keep in mind, you have to watch what you say because they may use it against you.

To keep it simple, this whole company is a numbers game. This is a huge sales center designed to teach you how to sell. It's nothing but a bunch of sales agents trying to sell each other. In the end, they wind up selling you on the RV dreams/amenities that you never get to enjoy because you're tied to the phones. – less
job was like a revolving door
Tele marketing (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: shorts breaks
It is a great job to get in get as much money as possible, if your not look for management in the corporate ladder
Great Teammates
Sr. Performance Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2013
It is a wonderful team oriented workplace. Red Ventures values its employee experiences on every level.
Acuired Taste
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: stressful at times
Its a great place to work. But you have to be built to work there. Typical day at work is sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours and sell products on the phone. Some people work inbound. Some work outbound. I learned how to sell a product the right way. Management is good. Sometimes it depends who you know, sometimes it depends on your actual performance – more... and work ethic. Co-workers were nice although talkative. High energy and nerf guns about. Hardest part of the job is exceeding your goals and frequent break denial. Most enjoyable is the money and culture. – less
Laid back atmosphere; basketball court, gym and bistro onsite
Marketing (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCDecember 18, 2013
Red Ventures provides a positive and enjoyable working environment. Progressive in terms of growth and innovation in the marketing industry. Challenging compensation and work/life balance.
Productive, Fun Environment, Fun Workers, Enthusiastic and Energetic Objectives
Sales Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, short breaks, coaching, gift cards, compensations
Cons: pay day
A typical day at work was always consistant, energetic, hectic and fun.
Learned how to develop a great strategy to execute sales, understand client needs and satisfy them while making a fluent yet personal communication with the clients.
Great management among team and company, well organized and great comfort for employers to develop abilities and – more... skills.
Hardest part of work was making sale conversions on slow days but yet they were achieved through coaching and team help.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the team contest to compete for company gifts, also the way the managers communicate with the sales agent to better their strategies. – less
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong tables and arcade games.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 25, 2013
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong tables and arcade games.

1 2 3 4

About Red Ventures

Red Ventures is a technology company that builds high-growth businesses. Through a combination of strategic marketing and sales, – Read more