Redbox Employee Reviews

Great support and benifits
Lead Field Tech and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Merchandise kiosk throughout the territory, and insure field representatives complete work with a 98.9% accuracy rate.
Monitors daily kiosk performance reports
Responds to dispatch calls during scheduled shift between the hours of 8am and 8pm as needed
Provides quality customer service through regular interaction and communication with coworkers, external customers, external contractors, store owners, and managers and employees
Loads and unloads product from automobile, residence and warehouse
Supports Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) with administrative responsibilities
Traveled extensively within territory to support team and ensure fulfillment of company objectives.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
No advancement
Good benefits
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2016
As an FSR II, Your days will not be consistent. The pay is decent but the benefits are among the best of any company I have been associated with. Training is weak, weak, weak. Expect to train yourself. Management will expect you to know your job right away. I was with the company for 13 months and led my market in performance the last ten months consecutively. Recognition for a job well done should not be expected.
Some days may be 12 to 14 hours long depending on your market. Overtime is discouraged. Meaning you may have some days that you have to cut short due to some days running long. This varies day to and week by week. Not very family friendly. Not much room to advance. Pay raises are practically non existent. I never heard of or saw any raises.
If you are accustomed to being an overachiever, look elsewhere.
There were multiple Executive position changes with Outerwall/Redbox during my employment. Who is in charge this month?
Pros
The Insurance benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great company
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2015
Excellent benefits
I work from home
Management is left to be desired. Changing hands to much
Great employees who I have hired
I spend most of my time managing people and inventory
The demanding schedules are the hardest part of the job
Working my employees is the most enjoyable part of my job
Relaxing and professional.
Machine Support QA Specialist - Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILDecember 9, 2015
Great company that values work and home balance. Acquired many skills that I can apply to my career. Some skills include:

-Data Analysis/Mining
-Content Management
-Information Tech
-Project Managment
-Team based work

I really enjoyed being able to learn skills in data analysis as well as IT, this allows me insight of the business and technical side of what makes a company sustainable.
Great Place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 25, 2015
Working for redbox I was able to learn great skills. I now have nine years experience in tech support and traveling a large territory.
Machine Support
Level 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at redbox. The atmosphere was pleasant and enjoyable. The job was detail oriented and you had to have an eye for detail.
Pros
Employee Related Perks
Cons
No real Cons to report
Redbox
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIAugust 7, 2015
Redbox is a great place to work. It gives me a chance to work on my own, get my job done on my own time. My Co-workers are great to work with, we help each other other when needed. I have supportive management.
Pros
Get to work on my own time
Cons
The driving 600miles a week.
Productive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
I learned to build up my productivity. To help out my coworkers in need as a team player or a lending hand or ears to listen. Hardest part is maintaining a full table of cases when the coworker does his or her part on the machines.
loved this job untill managemnt change
Regional Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
upper management change this job into a night mare... no work life balance.....no advancement.... no job security.... it use to be a a great place to work now its, will i have my job tomorrow? working towo to three positions at once is horrible... .. we use to have good paying bonuses now its pennies.
Work at your own pace and responsible for your own stuff
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
It can quite hectic but when I worked there I like the freedom and personal schedule. It allowed me to live on the schedule I liked and as long as the work got done by the end of the week, then my bosses were happy.
Pros
kept busy, met a bunch of customers, free movies
Cons
had to get work done no matter what. (ala Holidays and bad weather)
Nice Laidback Setting
Machine Support Supervisor Level I (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 14, 2015
The company overall is nice and the people are also nice...most of the Senior Leaders will hang out and visit and the middle management is also very cool.
Pros
Free DVDs, Good People, Laidback Attire
Cons
Schedules Could be Better
Great management, benefits, ability to grow, great schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 8, 2015
Working fast paced, gaining new skills, upper management is amazing. Received benefits, bonus, and great scheduling.
Pros
early start time, early finish time, weekends and holidays off, flexible schedule when needed.
Cons
no real cons
Fun company
Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, vaApril 10, 2015
9 years working with Redbox was fun, it is nice to have a job and career that you enjoy. Working in the retail entertainment business was very rewarding.
Very productive and fun working environment
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2014
Always on the go type of job. Meet lots of people. Learned to use my time wisely. Co- works are smart and fun to work with. Hardest part about the job is working outdoors in the elements. Best part about the job is the flexibility to do other things.
Pros
flexibility, fun to do.
Cons
limited to only part time work
Fun while it lasted...
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook TerraceNovember 17, 2014
A plateauing product with little strategy for ongoing success in new digital space. Poor leadership and even worse communication prohibit the company from continuing to grow.
Flexible career with great benefits
Field Service Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  New Jersey MarketOctober 17, 2014
A day as a Redbox FSR2 required a lot of organization and route optimization to get you to the sites that require fixing. There were everything from frozen PC reboots - smashed touchscreen. Changing lightbulbs and general maintenance was apart of the job. What i liked most about Redbox was having the freedom not to be micromanaged every day. We all emailed each other our daily priorities and would go about our work from there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tightening budget, cutbacks, slow when they need to rehire
Great opportunity to learn how to run a business
Video Games Software - Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Redbox is a growing company that provides many opportunities for individuals to provide immediate impact. I was able to learn and develop many skills necessary to become successful within my career progression.
Fast paced environment that I enjoyed working at. Great people to work with and for as well.
Clerical, Contracted Position (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 7, 2014
I worked for a contracted Lead Electrician. Learned a lot from him
Highly independent and flexible company
FSR1 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2014
All of your tools/materials and expectations are given to you up front with a mountain of trust. You are give the freedom to execute the job on your schedule with respect to the expectations. Everyone under the RedBox umbrella enjoy their roles and each other, as a group of hardworking adults working toward a common goal.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, pay, positive environment
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 2, 2014
Co-workers and management was great, we went on a company trip to Las Vegas.
Pros
atmosphere