Redbox Employee Reviews

Redbox Review
Field Support Representative Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Flexible schedule to accommodate lifestyle needs is the first thing that stands out at Redbox. You learn hands on which is great for a lot of people. As a level 2 you have a company car which is great. The hardest part of this job is working and driving in all weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is obviously working in great weather and having flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility, nice weather, freedom
Cons
bad weather, lack of advancement
Phone, Chat and Email Support
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 9, 2018
Provided service to customer and store support for multiple lines of business including Coinstar, Redbox and Coinstar exchange.
Team work environment.
Field Work
Field Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 4, 2018
Field work, driving around from kiosk to kiosk servicing the machines, repairing what needs to be repaired, updating software, and handling merchandise.
Poor managment
Tax Coordinator (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 25, 2018
I have not learn anything new from this job and there is not any room for advancement. The hardest part is being notice for your skills and qualifications. The most enjoyable part were the monthly free lunches.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Free beverages
Great Place to Work
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Fantastic Company that is employee orientated. Fast paced environment that is dedicated to providing our customers with the best entertainment experience
Fun work enviornment with a media and games room
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Redbox has very little job advancement. I was brought in by some great executives. When they were displaced it turned into a boring work environment. The current management does not understand the business in strategy or growth. It has potential but will never see it due to the management.
excellent place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 2, 2018
very good culture and a great place to work at. I worked for an excellent boss and very good team. I learned a lot and I got exposure to lot more as the team was small
Pros
free snacks, play area
Cons
remote and complex teams
Great Company to work for. Seeking a position with weekends off.
Field Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 1, 2018
Awesome place to work. Redbox provides it's employees with world class benefits. As a technician, I don't have consecutive days off. With a teenager at home, I am seeking to spend weekends with my family.
Working at Redbox
Director - FP&A Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2017
Review of working at Redbox. High expectations of people but good culture and fair to people. Allows for flexibility in work schedule to achieve work goals and personal requirements
Good job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 7, 2017
Load new movies in kiosks clean inside and out. How to deal with the public. Management is strict but nice they don't bother you with phone calls they just let you do your job. Not a hard job. You get to work alone.
intese work place
Regional Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 6, 2017
Too much work for what was needed underpaid and overworked, it was more of a college salary for a college student. Was happy to leave that environment when the opportunity came available
Pros
Watch free movies
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Great benefits, poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 23, 2017
The company and job in of itself were excellent. Benefits were also very good. The problem in the company lay in its inconsistency of work (hours would vary widely from week to week depending on merchandise) and the fact that the managers practice retaliation on you should you give any manager a low score on "anonymous" reviews. Perhaps not all managers throughout the company were like that, but from my experience, they were bullies to me and ended up forcing me out of the job.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent hours
fun place
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 9, 2017
great place to work fun atmosphere and also great people to work with. Works around your schedule as well as provides great company benefits. Redbox is a great company.
Wonderful people and benefits
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 20, 2017
Very fast paced work. Met a lot of new people when I was out working on the kiosks.
You have to be very efficient and organized to do this type of work
Pros
Work hour flexability
Cons
Too many miles on my car
Good potential depending on your Supervisor
FSR2 (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2017
As an FSR2 my day starts from home with a conference call. We discuss all the "down" kiosks (dispatches) that will need to be repaired for the day.
An FSR2 works independently with a company vehicle to take care of these tasks.
This job will be either a very good job, or a very bad job depending on your supervisor and the "clique" of the team. In my case a co-worker with seniority gets away with the worst violations making it a difficult situation. Going to my supervisor only got me an earfull and a good lesson NOT to go to him to solve interior problems. The culture is different from team to team.
The hardest part of the job is working in ALL weather conditions.
I love the independance of the job. If I can put up with the bad supervisor and his favoritism I will stay here a long time.
Pros
Company car, independance, decent benefits/bonuses
Cons
potentially bad management in some areas.
Great work place
Field Support Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 14, 2017
Good
Professional
Good Management
Steady Work
Work Place Culture
Respect
Integrity
Honor
Good
Professional
training
benefits
on going training
vacations
Very fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 11, 2017
I loved my job at Redbox and so sad to leave. My supervisor and fellow employees were amazing to work with. I was able to make my schedule fit into my schedule at home.
Fun place with lots of dvds to watch
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
This was a slow paced balanced job with lil or no stress, the pay was not that great, i enjoyed managing the kiosk and i had 48 locations stretching across northe Louisiana and further.....
great company
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 24, 2017
my job is to troubleshoot kiosk issues that are generated via Remedy (ticketing system) and via phone call from both the field team and customers or client calls. the role is a great laid back role, most of the job is remote troubleshooting. its a typical 8 hour shift but theres reoccurring PTO and some ( not a lot) paid holidays to make up. free snacks and company paid lunch (once a month) and lots of event including company paid movie screenings and outings. friendly environment, training as needed. there are opportunities to move up i have witness some well deserved coworkers move into new roles, and management has been nothing short of great. casual work place and most of the employees are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
free snacks, lots of events and room to grow, and good benefits
Cons
Pay can be a little more competitive, but they kind of make up for it with the benefit package and activities, the job can be repetitive and boring after so long.
Grew faster than management could handle
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJuly 11, 2017
During the time-frame of my employment; company was growing at an incredible rate. Most training took place on the fly with management having the attitude of "They will learn as they move along". Poor communication between upper management in Seattle and local management in Oak Brook, IL.
Culture was very laid-back in Oak Brook and very button-down in Seattle.
Company was populated with younger corporate types trying to climb the corporate ladder quickly. No place for someone in their 50's.
Pros
Many perks, such as free soda pop machines
Cons
Lack of direction at the local level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.