Redbox Employee Reviews

Grew faster than management could handle
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJuly 11, 2017
During the time-frame of my employment; company was growing at an incredible rate. Most training took place on the fly with management having the attitude of "They will learn as they move along". Poor communication between upper management in Seattle and local management in Oak Brook, IL.
Culture was very laid-back in Oak Brook and very button-down in Seattle.
Company was populated with younger corporate types trying to climb the corporate ladder quickly. No place for someone in their 50's.
Pros
Many perks, such as free soda pop machines
Cons
Lack of direction at the local level.
Loved it
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed goin to work everyday the hours worked well with other things I had going on in my life. Paid training so that was alwayz a plus. Had vending machines and break rooms with computers and couches to relax on. But no phones while on the floor working.
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Gotta be signed in computer not just work
felt betrayed
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
When i got hired by this job i thought it was a chance too work for company to start and build a career but i was sadly mistaken. During my phone interview with my manager at the time i was told the territory i was going to work in was going to be a booming market for the company. Little did i know that during my tenure there which was less than a year that i would be laid off from my position that was supposed to be a promising and expanding market that was told to me by my superiors. I must admit that the company was very generous in the severance package but it still was a unexpected turn of events. I really did enjoy my job and what i did there i wish it would of worked out because i would of stayed with them because i believed in their mission statement.
Pros
freedom to work at your own pace
Cons
had to be reimbursed for gas and tolls which took weeks to transfer
A great company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 12, 2017
Redbox is a great company to work for. The work environment is great and at times can be a fun place to work,especially with the group outings. Great benefits and a friendly co worker atmosphere. Great place to connect for resources as well
Pros
Each month you will receive a free employee appreciation lunch, group outings, and a relaxed work environment
Cons
Work schedule is a bit tough, you are required to work on Saturdays and may have to work the whole weekend as well
decent stepping stone
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 9, 2017
Redbox has great flexibility and freedom. I see my boss once a week and thats it. I currently work a 4 day week and have flexibility to do errands in middle of day or kids activities. Decent job but no room for advancement and pay increases are weak.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great work environment
Electronics/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 9, 2017
I loved working there everyday with the people and workplace. Would have loved to have stayed, but company was bought out and our shop was closed down to move elsewhere.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 16, 2017
Managers and Supervisors work close with other customer Service rep and are always willing to help. Other colleges and are always willing to answer questions and help with task that may come.
Pros
free soda pop, coffee, tea and snacks, and game room to use computer or watch tv
Cons
3/4 of the year call volume always high
Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 10, 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.
Regional Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 25, 2017
Redbox overall is the best place to work. Lots of traveling involved but great to meet new people. Bonuses and benefits are great but in the area I lived we didn't get 401K. But that was not the companies fault just there provider.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No 401K Plan
Enjoyed
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2017
While at Outerwall, I learned more accounting, treasury and human resource skills. Learning to partner and be inclusive was a key factor to the payroll departments success.
Pros
good culture
Cons
favortism
Welcome to Prison
Field Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2017
This used to be awesome company to work for, now they have become money hungry greedy corporation that cannot get any talent to save them. The bonus structure is a JOKE and almost not worth putting on the post, On call with no pay and losing benefits as fast as they are losing customers.
Terrible
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2017
At first the job was great the lead manager was very well seasoned on the job and the team moral was great ... Made it not so bad to do the unpleasant parts, Then they changed management to a person that was ego powered. NOT for the better. NOT worth the money paid to do the massive amount of work in one day easily a 12 hr day with little to no break. NO days off , no teamwork,
Come work in the swamp.
Senior Director, Global Supply Chain, August (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 2, 2017
a typical day is spent working hard on legacy technology.

I learned that most of the executives lack necessary courage to take necessary risks to grow the business.

each department has its own culture. Some are in need of new leaders, while others are wholly competent.

The remaining Coinstar president is a fantastic leader.
Pros
few
Cons
too many to list
I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
Exceptionally laid back environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 4, 2017
I was very pleased to work here. You make your own hours, literally. There is no 9-5 or 7-3. If you feel like you can get the work done in 4 hours today, by all means do so. You can take off whenever you feel you need to do so. I personally encountered a bad manager new-hire (which is I chose to leave). Upper management even reaches out from time to time just to say "wassup!" and chat. All in all, I highly recommend any and everyone to seek employment whenever it's available.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Gets busy in the summer and christmas
job culture is relaxing
Machine Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I work in machine support and my coworker are very fun to work with. My supervisor has a great personality and she lets you be you.
We are a self starter company and that's with I like.
Pros
free snacks, some good people to work with.
Cons
no bonuses
Nice place to work
It Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Friendly co-workers and understanding management. Work is monotonous, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Constantly changing metrics means having to adjust how you work regularly.
was a good place to work
Corp Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 11, 2017
Recent acquisition negatively changed culture and leadership. The Outerwall era (2011 -2014) was an amzing time with a very diverse and inclusive culture with high employee engagement
Overall a good place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 6, 2017
Work life balance was great. Flexible work environment and great people to work with. I had the opportunity to work with several groups across the company and without exception the attitude of the people was great.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8