Redbox Employee Reviews

Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 10, 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.
Regional Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 25, 2017
Redbox overall is the best place to work. Lots of traveling involved but great to meet new people. Bonuses and benefits are great but in the area I lived we didn't get 401K. But that was not the companies fault just there provider.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No 401K Plan
Welcome to Prison
Field Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2017
This used to be awesome company to work for, now they have become money hungry greedy corporation that cannot get any talent to save them. The bonus structure is a JOKE and almost not worth putting on the post, On call with no pay and losing benefits as fast as they are losing customers.
Terrible
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2017
At first the job was great the lead manager was very well seasoned on the job and the team moral was great ... Made it not so bad to do the unpleasant parts, Then they changed management to a person that was ego powered. NOT for the better. NOT worth the money paid to do the massive amount of work in one day easily a 12 hr day with little to no break. NO days off , no teamwork,
I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
job culture is relaxing
Machine Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I work in machine support and my coworker are very fun to work with. My supervisor has a great personality and she lets you be you.
We are a self starter company and that's with I like.
Pros
free snacks, some good people to work with.
Cons
no bonuses
Nice place to work
It Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Friendly co-workers and understanding management. Work is monotonous, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Constantly changing metrics means having to adjust how you work regularly.
Great company to work for
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I had a great time working here. The drivers policy is a bit odd and theres little room for mistakes. The coworkers are a little stuck up but are always looking for overtime.
Pros
always fun great and easy work
Cons
driving all day
Call Center Closed Down
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 5, 2016
Call center closed down and we all lost our jobs. Bought out by Coinstar who already had a call center in Canada. There still a support team in the US.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 9, 2016
this was by far the worst job i have ever had in my life. I worked here right out of college. They over work you and under pay you. You basically get paid to lie to customers about their rentals and being over charged and if the company has a glitch and the customer gets charged its your responsibility to figure out how to get the customer off the phone with out offering them any money back just codes for free movies and you couldnt give them more than 10
Terrible company
Field Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 7, 2016
This company does not value it's employees and only cares about the bottom line numbers. You no longer have a name, you are given a number just like a prisoner.
Fun/learning workplace
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 3, 2016
Fun place to work for, You come in and start fixing kiosks. Learned alot about how the inside of the machine really works. Theirs many ways to fix the different issue that i would see. You get to help the technicians that are physically fixing the machine, We would brainstorm everything possible to make sure the kiosk will be up.
Pros
Free snacks, 30 min break times.
Cons
Little room for promotion.
Good company, unsure future.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 30, 2016
Decent company that treats their employees pretty well. Unsure future of the business with the decline in the DVD rental market.
Great place to work, but no advancement
Field Representative Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
It is a great place for flexible hours and good benefits. The limited staff makes advancement almost impossible except if your willing to relocate.
an enjoyable place to work
field support 1 (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 10, 2016
was interesting always busy with different things to do.
all about redbox an how the company works an what it takes to be a field rep.
management would always do all they could to help you in any way that they could.
co-worker were always will to help an take over your route when needed with out complaint,
toting all those boxes from place to place
always on the go an traveling place to place an meeting new people.
Pros
the christmas parties and the extrathe company would do for you
Cons
having to use your own vechile
i worked with alot of good people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 9, 2016
my review of redbox would be that they need to stop trying to go outside of the company to aquire other companies and just work with what they have and build on that
Best place I've ever worked
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 26, 2016
I worked with Redbox for several years, in two different markets for two different supervisors. The job is very team-oriented. You travel to your market warehouse once a week to pick up your movies, prep any other needed materials and meet with your team. Travel from kiosk to kiosk on your own to merchandise. Very little direct supervision - must be self-motivated.
Pros
Set your own hours, good mileage reimbursement, great benefits package, fun job
Cons
Working outdoors in the elements on bad weather days, working holiday weeks, recent changes make it difficult to make up after a sick day
Great support and benifits
Lead Field Tech and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Merchandise kiosk throughout the territory, and insure field representatives complete work with a 98.9% accuracy rate.
Monitors daily kiosk performance reports
Responds to dispatch calls during scheduled shift between the hours of 8am and 8pm as needed
Provides quality customer service through regular interaction and communication with coworkers, external customers, external contractors, store owners, and managers and employees
Loads and unloads product from automobile, residence and warehouse
Supports Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) with administrative responsibilities
Traveled extensively within territory to support team and ensure fulfillment of company objectives.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
No advancement
Good benefits
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2016
As an FSR II, Your days will not be consistent. The pay is decent but the benefits are among the best of any company I have been associated with. Training is weak, weak, weak. Expect to train yourself. Management will expect you to know your job right away. I was with the company for 13 months and led my market in performance the last ten months consecutively. Recognition for a job well done should not be expected.
Some days may be 12 to 14 hours long depending on your market. Overtime is discouraged. Meaning you may have some days that you have to cut short due to some days running long. This varies day to and week by week. Not very family friendly. Not much room to advance. Pay raises are practically non existent. I never heard of or saw any raises.
If you are accustomed to being an overachiever, look elsewhere.
There were multiple Executive position changes with Outerwall/Redbox during my employment. Who is in charge this month?
Pros
The Insurance benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.