Redbox Employee Reviews

Great work place
Field Support Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 14, 2017
Good
Professional
Good Management
Steady Work
Work Place Culture
Respect
Integrity
Honor
Good
Professional
training
benefits
on going training
vacations
Very fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 11, 2017
I loved my job at Redbox and so sad to leave. My supervisor and fellow employees were amazing to work with. I was able to make my schedule fit into my schedule at home.
Fun place with lots of dvds to watch
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
This was a slow paced balanced job with lil or no stress, the pay was not that great, i enjoyed managing the kiosk and i had 48 locations stretching across northe Louisiana and further.....
great company
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 24, 2017
my job is to troubleshoot kiosk issues that are generated via Remedy (ticketing system) and via phone call from both the field team and customers or client calls. the role is a great laid back role, most of the job is remote troubleshooting. its a typical 8 hour shift but theres reoccurring PTO and some ( not a lot) paid holidays to make up. free snacks and company paid lunch (once a month) and lots of event including company paid movie screenings and outings. friendly environment, training as needed. there are opportunities to move up i have witness some well deserved coworkers move into new roles, and management has been nothing short of great. casual work place and most of the employees are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
free snacks, lots of events and room to grow, and good benefits
Cons
Pay can be a little more competitive, but they kind of make up for it with the benefit package and activities, the job can be repetitive and boring after so long.
Grew faster than management could handle
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJuly 11, 2017
During the time-frame of my employment; company was growing at an incredible rate. Most training took place on the fly with management having the attitude of "They will learn as they move along". Poor communication between upper management in Seattle and local management in Oak Brook, IL.
Culture was very laid-back in Oak Brook and very button-down in Seattle.
Company was populated with younger corporate types trying to climb the corporate ladder quickly. No place for someone in their 50's.
Pros
Many perks, such as free soda pop machines
Cons
Lack of direction at the local level.
Loved it
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed goin to work everyday the hours worked well with other things I had going on in my life. Paid training so that was alwayz a plus. Had vending machines and break rooms with computers and couches to relax on. But no phones while on the floor working.
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Gotta be signed in computer not just work
felt betrayed
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
When i got hired by this job i thought it was a chance too work for company to start and build a career but i was sadly mistaken. During my phone interview with my manager at the time i was told the territory i was going to work in was going to be a booming market for the company. Little did i know that during my tenure there which was less than a year that i would be laid off from my position that was supposed to be a promising and expanding market that was told to me by my superiors. I must admit that the company was very generous in the severance package but it still was a unexpected turn of events. I really did enjoy my job and what i did there i wish it would of worked out because i would of stayed with them because i believed in their mission statement.
Pros
freedom to work at your own pace
Cons
had to be reimbursed for gas and tolls which took weeks to transfer
A great company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 12, 2017
Redbox is a great company to work for. The work environment is great and at times can be a fun place to work,especially with the group outings. Great benefits and a friendly co worker atmosphere. Great place to connect for resources as well
Pros
Each month you will receive a free employee appreciation lunch, group outings, and a relaxed work environment
Cons
Work schedule is a bit tough, you are required to work on Saturdays and may have to work the whole weekend as well
decent stepping stone
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 9, 2017
Redbox has great flexibility and freedom. I see my boss once a week and thats it. I currently work a 4 day week and have flexibility to do errands in middle of day or kids activities. Decent job but no room for advancement and pay increases are weak.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great work environment
Electronics/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 9, 2017
I loved working there everyday with the people and workplace. Would have loved to have stayed, but company was bought out and our shop was closed down to move elsewhere.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 16, 2017
Managers and Supervisors work close with other customer Service rep and are always willing to help. Other colleges and are always willing to answer questions and help with task that may come.
Pros
free soda pop, coffee, tea and snacks, and game room to use computer or watch tv
Cons
3/4 of the year call volume always high
Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 10, 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.
Regional Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 25, 2017
Redbox overall is the best place to work. Lots of traveling involved but great to meet new people. Bonuses and benefits are great but in the area I lived we didn't get 401K. But that was not the companies fault just there provider.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No 401K Plan
Enjoyed
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2017
While at Outerwall, I learned more accounting, treasury and human resource skills. Learning to partner and be inclusive was a key factor to the payroll departments success.
Pros
good culture
Cons
favortism
Welcome to Prison
Field Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2017
This used to be awesome company to work for, now they have become money hungry greedy corporation that cannot get any talent to save them. The bonus structure is a JOKE and almost not worth putting on the post, On call with no pay and losing benefits as fast as they are losing customers.
Terrible
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2017
At first the job was great the lead manager was very well seasoned on the job and the team moral was great ... Made it not so bad to do the unpleasant parts, Then they changed management to a person that was ego powered. NOT for the better. NOT worth the money paid to do the massive amount of work in one day easily a 12 hr day with little to no break. NO days off , no teamwork,
Come work in the swamp.
Senior Director, Global Supply Chain, August (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 2, 2017
a typical day is spent working hard on legacy technology.

I learned that most of the executives lack necessary courage to take necessary risks to grow the business.

each department has its own culture. Some are in need of new leaders, while others are wholly competent.

The remaining Coinstar president is a fantastic leader.
Pros
few
Cons
too many to list
I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
Exceptionally laid back environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 4, 2017
I was very pleased to work here. You make your own hours, literally. There is no 9-5 or 7-3. If you feel like you can get the work done in 4 hours today, by all means do so. You can take off whenever you feel you need to do so. I personally encountered a bad manager new-hire (which is I chose to leave). Upper management even reaches out from time to time just to say "wassup!" and chat. All in all, I highly recommend any and everyone to seek employment whenever it's available.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Gets busy in the summer and christmas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8