Redbox Employee Reviews

Grew faster than management could handle
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJuly 11, 2017
During the time-frame of my employment; company was growing at an incredible rate. Most training took place on the fly with management having the attitude of "They will learn as they move along". Poor communication between upper management in Seattle and local management in Oak Brook, IL.
Culture was very laid-back in Oak Brook and very button-down in Seattle.
Company was populated with younger corporate types trying to climb the corporate ladder quickly. No place for someone in their 50's.
Pros
Many perks, such as free soda pop machines
Cons
Lack of direction at the local level.
Loved it
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed goin to work everyday the hours worked well with other things I had going on in my life. Paid training so that was alwayz a plus. Had vending machines and break rooms with computers and couches to relax on. But no phones while on the floor working.
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Gotta be signed in computer not just work
A great company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 12, 2017
Redbox is a great company to work for. The work environment is great and at times can be a fun place to work,especially with the group outings. Great benefits and a friendly co worker atmosphere. Great place to connect for resources as well
Pros
Each month you will receive a free employee appreciation lunch, group outings, and a relaxed work environment
Cons
Work schedule is a bit tough, you are required to work on Saturdays and may have to work the whole weekend as well
decent stepping stone
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 9, 2017
Redbox has great flexibility and freedom. I see my boss once a week and thats it. I currently work a 4 day week and have flexibility to do errands in middle of day or kids activities. Decent job but no room for advancement and pay increases are weak.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 10, 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.
Regional Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 25, 2017
Redbox overall is the best place to work. Lots of traveling involved but great to meet new people. Bonuses and benefits are great but in the area I lived we didn't get 401K. But that was not the companies fault just there provider.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No 401K Plan
Welcome to Prison
Field Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2017
This used to be awesome company to work for, now they have become money hungry greedy corporation that cannot get any talent to save them. The bonus structure is a JOKE and almost not worth putting on the post, On call with no pay and losing benefits as fast as they are losing customers.
Terrible
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2017
At first the job was great the lead manager was very well seasoned on the job and the team moral was great ... Made it not so bad to do the unpleasant parts, Then they changed management to a person that was ego powered. NOT for the better. NOT worth the money paid to do the massive amount of work in one day easily a 12 hr day with little to no break. NO days off , no teamwork,
I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
job culture is relaxing
Machine Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I work in machine support and my coworker are very fun to work with. My supervisor has a great personality and she lets you be you.
We are a self starter company and that's with I like.
Pros
free snacks, some good people to work with.
Cons
no bonuses
Nice place to work
It Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Friendly co-workers and understanding management. Work is monotonous, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Constantly changing metrics means having to adjust how you work regularly.
Great company to work for
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I had a great time working here. The drivers policy is a bit odd and theres little room for mistakes. The coworkers are a little stuck up but are always looking for overtime.
Pros
always fun great and easy work
Cons
driving all day
Call Center Closed Down
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 5, 2016
Call center closed down and we all lost our jobs. Bought out by Coinstar who already had a call center in Canada. There still a support team in the US.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 9, 2016
this was by far the worst job i have ever had in my life. I worked here right out of college. They over work you and under pay you. You basically get paid to lie to customers about their rentals and being over charged and if the company has a glitch and the customer gets charged its your responsibility to figure out how to get the customer off the phone with out offering them any money back just codes for free movies and you couldnt give them more than 10
Terrible company
Field Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 7, 2016
This company does not value it's employees and only cares about the bottom line numbers. You no longer have a name, you are given a number just like a prisoner.
Fun/learning workplace
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 3, 2016
Fun place to work for, You come in and start fixing kiosks. Learned alot about how the inside of the machine really works. Theirs many ways to fix the different issue that i would see. You get to help the technicians that are physically fixing the machine, We would brainstorm everything possible to make sure the kiosk will be up.
Pros
Free snacks, 30 min break times.
Cons
Little room for promotion.
Good company, unsure future.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 30, 2016
Decent company that treats their employees pretty well. Unsure future of the business with the decline in the DVD rental market.
Great place to work, but no advancement
Field Representative Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
It is a great place for flexible hours and good benefits. The limited staff makes advancement almost impossible except if your willing to relocate.
an enjoyable place to work
field support 1 (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 10, 2016
was interesting always busy with different things to do.
all about redbox an how the company works an what it takes to be a field rep.
management would always do all they could to help you in any way that they could.
co-worker were always will to help an take over your route when needed with out complaint,
toting all those boxes from place to place
always on the go an traveling place to place an meeting new people.
Pros
the christmas parties and the extrathe company would do for you
Cons
having to use your own vechile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval