Redbox Employee Reviews

Productive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
I learned to build up my productivity. To help out my coworkers in need as a team player or a lending hand or ears to listen. Hardest part is maintaining a full table of cases when the coworker does his or her part on the machines.
loved this job untill managemnt change
Regional Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
upper management change this job into a night mare... no work life balance.....no advancement.... no job security.... it use to be a a great place to work now its, will i have my job tomorrow? working towo to three positions at once is horrible... .. we use to have good paying bonuses now its pennies.
Work at your own pace and responsible for your own stuff
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
It can quite hectic but when I worked there I like the freedom and personal schedule. It allowed me to live on the schedule I liked and as long as the work got done by the end of the week, then my bosses were happy.
Pros
kept busy, met a bunch of customers, free movies
Cons
had to get work done no matter what. (ala Holidays and bad weather)
Nice Laidback Setting
Machine Support Supervisor Level I (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 14, 2015
The company overall is nice and the people are also nice...most of the Senior Leaders will hang out and visit and the middle management is also very cool.
Pros
Free DVDs, Good People, Laidback Attire
Cons
Schedules Could be Better
Great management, benefits, ability to grow, great schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 8, 2015
Working fast paced, gaining new skills, upper management is amazing. Received benefits, bonus, and great scheduling.
Pros
early start time, early finish time, weekends and holidays off, flexible schedule when needed.
Cons
no real cons
Very productive and fun working environment
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2014
Always on the go type of job. Meet lots of people. Learned to use my time wisely. Co- works are smart and fun to work with. Hardest part about the job is working outdoors in the elements. Best part about the job is the flexibility to do other things.
Pros
Flexibility, fun to do.
Cons
Limited to only part time work
Fun while it lasted...
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook TerraceNovember 17, 2014
A plateauing product with little strategy for ongoing success in new digital space. Poor leadership and even worse communication prohibit the company from continuing to grow.
Flexible career with great benefits
Field Service Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  New Jersey MarketOctober 17, 2014
A day as a Redbox FSR2 required a lot of organization and route optimization to get you to the sites that require fixing. There were everything from frozen PC reboots - smashed touchscreen. Changing lightbulbs and general maintenance was apart of the job. What i liked most about Redbox was having the freedom not to be micromanaged every day. We all emailed each other our daily priorities and would go about our work from there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tightening budget, cutbacks, slow when they need to rehire
Great opportunity to learn how to run a business
Video Games Software - Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Redbox is a growing company that provides many opportunities for individuals to provide immediate impact. I was able to learn and develop many skills necessary to become successful within my career progression.
Fast paced environment that I enjoyed working at. Great people to work with and for as well.
Clerical, Contracted Position (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 7, 2014
I worked for a contracted Lead Electrician. Learned a lot from him
Highly independent and flexible company
FSR1 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2014
All of your tools/materials and expectations are given to you up front with a mountain of trust. You are give the freedom to execute the job on your schedule with respect to the expectations. Everyone under the RedBox umbrella enjoy their roles and each other, as a group of hardworking adults working toward a common goal.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Pay, Positive environment
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 2, 2014
Co-workers and management was great, we went on a company trip to Las Vegas.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Great company, employees are taken care of and well compensated.
Field Support Representative I (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MOJune 20, 2014
A typical day would include driving to an average of 10-15 locations and merchandising individual kiosks. The hardest part of this job is having to work outside in the extremes of the weather, however, this isn't a big issue as there are only a couple of months of the year where it is unpleasant. (extremely hot or cold). I think the best part of this job is being able to work on my own schedule.
Pros
free movie rentals, flexible schedulings
Cons
use of personal vehicle
Don't bother
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  USMarch 18, 2014
When I first started at Redbox, everything seemed great. The pay wasn't much, but it was the only complaint at the time. Then all the people at the top of the company started to leave. The people who I knew had been in my shoes and had done my job. They started bringing in top dogs from other companies and it was all down hill from there.
I made under $12/hour + $60 a week in gas compensation (due to my low miles and city route), to merchandise 70 machines a week. A car is not made to be started and stopped that many times, and the end result was a totaled car. But when you complain about your compensation (hourly or gas), you are met with "but your benefits are so good" shoved down your throat. They are right. The benefits are good. However, they do not pay my bills. So as long as you leave me straddling the line of poverty, at least my doctor is only one $20 copay away.
I can go on and on about problems with this company. Just be ready to work in freezing weather, snow, rain, heat waves, etc. for little compensation and great benefits. Be ready to be managed from the top from a person you might have met once. Know that you will get $0.64 raise after being there for two years. And don't you dare complain. You better like it because you have great benefits.
Pros
Free movies, flexible days, good benefits
Cons
Horrible pay, damage of personal vehicle, bad corporate management, no promotions, laughable raises.
work
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, flMarch 10, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Not what you expect
Field Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2014
This job sounded like my dream job- I mean, how hard could it be to drive around and put movies in a Redbox? It's A LOT more than that. It's supposedly 10 hrs. a day 4 days a week but on Mondays you have to sort through unorganized boxes to find your whole weeks' route and your meeting isn't untill 10am, so you will not get home till well into the evening hours. I was basically told by a co-worker that I had to half-you-know-what the job to get it done in time. But- if they find out you aren't sticking to their micro-managed Matrix that is impossible to do, you get in trouble. Their company computer system is horrible- they expect you to take online classes but half the time you can't access them. Good luck!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You work long hours you don't get paid for and lug around product in and out of your house.
Great Benefits
Field Service Rep. 2 (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Redbox has great benefits. There is little room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Lately there have been work force reductions.
Pros
Corporate car at certain levels.
Cons
No advancement
Excellent Leadership, Very Supportive
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2014
Although I was laid off due to my market merging with another market that was managed by a ROS with 5 years more tenure, I have nothing but positive comments regarding my experience. I was given great support from start to finish from our corporate office and my immediate management. I took a market that had issues with poor culture(in-fighting, insubordination, cliques, etc) and turned it around completely. Not only did I lead the team together, but we began working together in community and volunteer events as well as 5Ks in support of our Wellness Program. Our production increased and our metrics in 2013 finished at the Exceptional level. My Regional Manager was very supportive in my efforts and helped me make the right decisions. He was thankful and praised me for doing the extra work.
I'm very thankful for the opportunity that was given to me and I'm glad I was allowed to work hard without being held back. I was able to put my stamp on my market and lead it to success.
Pros
Freedom to be successful.
Cons
Rapid growth was mismanaged.
Could be a great place to work...but needs to make some changes.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 23, 2014
The company itself was actually a great place. My boss was awesome and my co-workers were great too. Very friendly people with great attitudes. That said, there are a lot of demands put on a field employee with very little compensation in return. You are required to store thousands of DVD's and Games at your house and in your personal vehicle. As a merchandiser I easily put 800 - 900 miles per week on my personal vehicle. The fuel costs alone are staggering. The company did have a mileage reimbursement program, but it barely covered the cost of fuel. Then you still have to keep up with your vehicle maintenance - oil changes, tires, tune ups, etc. I would end up spending most of my paycheck trying to keep fuel in my vehicle so I could get another check in 2 weeks. Very difficult to pay your bills when you have to spend your check on company related expenses. The company would give you holidays off, but you had to make up for it by working the following weekend. So you really didn't get a paid day off, you just shifted days off. The work itself is easy and actually kind of fun. The biggest downfall to working here is having to use your own vehicle, the staggering costs associated with doing so, and very little compensation. It would be hard for a young person out of high school to make enough money to live on, much less someone who has a family to support. If the company would pay better, and offer a company vehicle, it would be a much better place (for field personnel) to work.
Pros
Free movies, Holidays off
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Too much driving - wear & tear on personal vehicle
Fun work environment, start-up
Director -Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 19, 2014
Great opportunity to learn from brilliant business minds with extensive start-up experience. Everyone had an entreprenurial spirit and it was the first time I worked on an IPO.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Very small and lacked infrastructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

62%