Redbox Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Electronics/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 9, 2017
I loved working there everyday with the people and workplace. Would have loved to have stayed, but company was bought out and our shop was closed down to move elsewhere.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 16, 2017
Managers and Supervisors work close with other customer Service rep and are always willing to help. Other colleges and are always willing to answer questions and help with task that may come.
Pros
free soda pop, coffee, tea and snacks, and game room to use computer or watch tv
Cons
3/4 of the year call volume always high
Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 10, 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.
Regional Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 25, 2017
Redbox overall is the best place to work. Lots of traveling involved but great to meet new people. Bonuses and benefits are great but in the area I lived we didn't get 401K. But that was not the companies fault just there provider.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No 401K Plan
Enjoyed
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2017
While at Outerwall, I learned more accounting, treasury and human resource skills. Learning to partner and be inclusive was a key factor to the payroll departments success.
Pros
good culture
Cons
favortism
Welcome to Prison
Field Service Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2017
This used to be awesome company to work for, now they have become money hungry greedy corporation that cannot get any talent to save them. The bonus structure is a JOKE and almost not worth putting on the post, On call with no pay and losing benefits as fast as they are losing customers.
Terrible
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2017
At first the job was great the lead manager was very well seasoned on the job and the team moral was great ... Made it not so bad to do the unpleasant parts, Then they changed management to a person that was ego powered. NOT for the better. NOT worth the money paid to do the massive amount of work in one day easily a 12 hr day with little to no break. NO days off , no teamwork,
Come work in the swamp.
Senior Director, Global Supply Chain, August (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 2, 2017
a typical day is spent working hard on legacy technology.

I learned that most of the executives lack necessary courage to take necessary risks to grow the business.

each department has its own culture. Some are in need of new leaders, while others are wholly competent.

The remaining Coinstar president is a fantastic leader.
Pros
few
Cons
too many to list
I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
Exceptionally laid back environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 4, 2017
I was very pleased to work here. You make your own hours, literally. There is no 9-5 or 7-3. If you feel like you can get the work done in 4 hours today, by all means do so. You can take off whenever you feel you need to do so. I personally encountered a bad manager new-hire (which is I chose to leave). Upper management even reaches out from time to time just to say "wassup!" and chat. All in all, I highly recommend any and everyone to seek employment whenever it's available.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Gets busy in the summer and christmas
job culture is relaxing
Machine Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I work in machine support and my coworker are very fun to work with. My supervisor has a great personality and she lets you be you.
We are a self starter company and that's with I like.
Pros
free snacks, some good people to work with.
Cons
no bonuses
Nice place to work
It Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Friendly co-workers and understanding management. Work is monotonous, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Constantly changing metrics means having to adjust how you work regularly.
was a good place to work
Corp Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 11, 2017
Recent acquisition negatively changed culture and leadership. The Outerwall era (2011 -2014) was an amzing time with a very diverse and inclusive culture with high employee engagement
Overall a good place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 6, 2017
Work life balance was great. Flexible work environment and great people to work with. I had the opportunity to work with several groups across the company and without exception the attitude of the people was great.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Great company to work for
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I had a great time working here. The drivers policy is a bit odd and theres little room for mistakes. The coworkers are a little stuck up but are always looking for overtime.
Pros
always fun great and easy work
Cons
driving all day
Call Center Closed Down
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 5, 2016
Call center closed down and we all lost our jobs. Bought out by Coinstar who already had a call center in Canada. There still a support team in the US.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 9, 2016
this was by far the worst job i have ever had in my life. I worked here right out of college. They over work you and under pay you. You basically get paid to lie to customers about their rentals and being over charged and if the company has a glitch and the customer gets charged its your responsibility to figure out how to get the customer off the phone with out offering them any money back just codes for free movies and you couldnt give them more than 10
Good Company
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 30, 2016
Many changes... many lay off's.... Good company, good benefits, and nice co- workers. 2 lay office within a year and the company was sold.
Great Culture
Director Loss Prevention, EH&S (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 24, 2016
Loved my time at Outerwall. My job was dynamic and diverse. I built a world-class team who could drive a best-in-class Asset protection function in any organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9