Redcats USA Employee Reviews in United States

Brylane great! Redcats USA not so great
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2015
Fun / good place to work with supportive management. My initial four years the company was owned and operated by Brylane Home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. In my final year Brylane was purchased by Redcats USA. Within months of the acquisition Redcats began to downsize the Indianapolis location. They eliminated the Call Center as well as portions of Finance, Scheduling, Operations and HR. I was 1 of 70 employees laid off in July 2005.
Pros
Great people, benefits & working experience
Cons
Transition from Brylane to Redcats USA
Close to home
Catalog Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJune 19, 2015
Answering incoming calls for new and existing catalog orders. Assisted customers with order and account information inquiries. Processed credit card applications. Management was supportive but did not give praise on a job well done. Since we were on the phones all day, there was very little time to socialize among co-workers. The hardest part was working for $81.8 per hour. The most enjoyable part was going home for the day.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Paid $8.18 per hour
Best place to work
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 8, 2016
This has been the best call center I've ever worked at they start you off at a good base salary, plus you can earn commission and its very easy to move up. They are very flexible with their schedules and will grant you any shift you would like as long as you put in a request, however you are required to work at least one day of the weekend either sat or sun, but besides I really enjoyed working here and they offer good benefits and retirement plans.
Pros
Fun enviroment oppurtunites to move up
Cons
Working at least one weekend is required
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXFebruary 20, 2016
There was always an opportunity to move up within the company. Family like environment. Friendly management. Unfortunately this place closed for business.
Humans need not apply only hamsters willing to stay on their wheel!
Customer Service Lite Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2012
This place gives you lots of incentives such as cheap items for you hard work. You will not be able to even get away from your computer to use the restroom because they will time you and 5 minutes is just too long to use the toilet. They want you to stay on the phone and hold your bladder. If you have to go they will even require you to have a doctor's note telling them that you need to use the restroom on occasion. They are a joke and yes they tend to throw out some benefits that make you want to stay there, but at the cost of your health and sanity.
Pros
free things, early outs
Cons
treatment of employees by administration, short (i mean very short) bathroom breaks
great pay and benefits
Inbound sales/customer service (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXDecember 18, 2013
Redcats was a very pay competitive place to work. The benefits were hands done the best every. Management was very ridged with no flexibility.
Pros
long lunches great pay and benefits
Cons
no flexibility
Great atmosphere
Telemarketer/Sales (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 18, 2013
has great benefits of socializing with different callers and helping customers with their needs and what they are looking for. This job offers advancement and provides good outreach for it's employees.
A great place to work
Sales Associate and Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 28, 2012
Redcats USA offers people from all walks of life an enjoyable work experience. What is great is that you don't have to be bilingual!
benefits
Cons
little upward mobility
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2015
Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advice customers on merchandise selection. Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems. Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
Pros
off with pay every holiday
Cons
listening to irate customers cuss in your ear/being rude
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJune 30, 2012
Highly unorganized company. Benefits weren't great and eventually the company closed.
Easy scheduling, STRESSFUL position.
Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2011
This job is perfect for anyone taking on maybe a second job or working with a school schedule as I had both during my 4+ years employed here. However, management expects high standards that without meeting causes the job to be highly stressful on its own without the stresses of unruly customers. On an average 8 hour shift you with take an easy 100+ calls, mostly having to deal with customer service issues, as the company has yet to fix its 'shipping flaws', is addition to billing/credit issues. I worked at the El Paso call center, and it was just fully renovated with new carpeting, painting, computers, etc. so this made the center have a more comfortable work atmosphere. However, after a few months at this position, it gets very repetitive and requires A LOT of patience.
Pros
scheduling, time-off
Cons
rude customers
Good place to start!
Customer Service/Assist desk associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 30, 2012
Your typical call center/sales environment. Very fast pace at times and can become a little hectic yet exciting. Working there really helped me with communicating with people in different ways. I was actually featured in the recruiting commercial last year. Made some awesome friends who I keep in contact with this very day. The management really took time to not only point out your weaknesses but gave advice and training to help you improve in those areas. The hardest part was dealing with the difficult customers, I was an CSR and escalation desk associate. The most enjoyable for me was meeting the different people over the phone and helping them find the styles they sought after. Also being the solution to their issue was most rewarding.
Pros
weekly pay, flexable schedule, time off
Cons
high strung, overly regimented and micromanaged
A very good place of work. They offered overtime a lot. There were a lot of friendly co-workers and the management were always made sure you do good.
Telemarketer Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 14, 2012
-Took multiple calls,

-Customers order from our numerous catalogs and placed orders,

-I learned to double multi-task with catalogs and handling the phones,

-Management makes sure we did our best in selling many third parties,

-The co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with,

-The hardest part was trying to find the specific catalogs,

-The cabinets that we kept all the catalogs in were mixed up,

-The most enjoyable part was helping the customers,

-Also, having many friends,

-When there's a lot of down time, they let us early out,
Pros
they let us sign up for overtime and let us early out when there is down time, they also have an excellent breakroom, they also have a third shift which i like.
Cons
the catalogs were not organized so it made it harder to help the customer.
Great work place and good pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2013
Was able to go in and work right away with a free dress code and able to have the tools to work. Was taught sale skills and customer skills. Management was helpful but did seem like they were more about results then how it got done. Great co-workers, made work more funny and great to come to work everyday. Hardest part of the job was the never ending calls, never got to relax between calls. Most enjoyable part of my job was the open dress code and co-workers and the good pay. A overall good place to work.
Pros
dress code, pay, co-workers
Cons
heavy work load, forced overtime
fun fast pasced job
Combonation Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while I fill all my required packages. the hardest part of this job is getting all the packages filled nicely and neatly and correctly in time for the next schedule witch was every 19 minutes.
Pros
if we had madatory over time we got to come in an hour early
Cons
because i wasnt union there where paying for the extra work i did
Workload was very hectic - No time for socializing
Sr Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
A typical day was very hectic with many types of styles - Mainly lots of evening wear & casual dresses
Meet deadline for overseas factories
Manage and organize my workload each day
my co-workers was very co-operative & helpful with meeting deadlines
When the evening dresses fit look beautiful on the model
production fast pace and demanding
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2014
picking items for orders outbound and and packing for shipment.I learn the different departments and equipment need to do the job. management is supportive as well as informative. co-workers team players pleasant and friendly. slow down in production. a successful shift.
Pros
drinks, gifts
Cons
health care
Productive and most promotions were within the company
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 3, 2013
Everyday consisted of placing catalog order via telephone. Resolving customer concerns about pricing and/or products. Maintaining customer files. 10-key data entry. There was training on new products on a constant basis. Management always kept us up to date on policy changes. I enjoyed helping customers on a daily basis.
not professional
Call Management (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 2, 2012
Employees are treated like they are not valued. There are some employees that have positions that requires much more work than managers on the floor. If that work is not done the site would not run. Yet, no one values those people. The managers are the ones that get the glory. I am aware of people that have had worked there with way more experience than the managers and the same thing, no value. This leaves us with low morale and high turnover thus high cost.
Pros
health care
Cons
lack of organizational development, no training for upwards movement
Company no longer exists
Inbound Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2015
*Issued add on sales along with customer purchases.
*Assisted customers with credit card payments and provided
assistance in understanding the shipment of their merchandise.
*Answered questions concerning their accts and merchandise.