Reddaway, one of the fastest growing regional LTL transportation providers, is a team-oriented company looking for a Line Driver to operate various tractor-trailer combinations to pick up and deliver freight to customer locations while working in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Line Drivers will load and/or unload freight at various locations and under varied conditions; therefore excellent customer service must be maintained while representing Reddaway. To those who accept our challenge, we offer:
o Competitive Wages
o 401k Plan*
o Excellent Benefits Program with no benefit premium cost for employee
o More Time At Home
o Respected Company with Longevity
o Team Oriented Work Environment
*Must meet specific eligibility requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
2. Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
3. Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
4. Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
5. Complete daily log and all other necessary paperwork.
6. Drop and hook trailers and change the configuration of equipment as necessary.
7. Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install tire chains, manually crank dolly wheels, and fuel equipment.
8. Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
9. When hauling hazardous material determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
10. Maintain and update driving and safety skills; keep CDL current with endorsements.
11. Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within Reddaway and the industry.
12. Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
13. Drive trucks with a swept trailer, and clean windows and mirrors.
SPECIAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be age 21 or older.
2. Must possess a valid Class A CDL with T&H endorsements.
3. Must have two years of tractor-trailer driving experience.
4. Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
5. Is able to work well in close proximity to other drivers for extended periods of time in a sleeper cab.
6. Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
7. Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, physical performance test, driving test on company equipment, and a TSA Security Threat Assessment.
8. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public. Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
9. Must meet all requirements of Sections 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
1. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
2. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, push/pull 148 lbs.
3. Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, sit for extensive time periods, and crouch for moderate time periods.
4. Ability to climb ladders and frequently enter/exit a tractor cab.
5. Manipulative skills to control an oversized steering wheel, shift gears using a manual transmission, and maneuver a commercial motor vehicle in crowded areas.
*Reddaway is an affirmative action EEO and MFDV employer.
APPLY ONLINE AT: