Reddaway Employee Reviews

Negative work enviroment and dis-jointed management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 7, 2017
If you're considering working here, please turn around now. Overall, I scored this place with two stars. The work life is very stressful and regulated, very little lee-way is offered in consideration that you are a human and not a robot. The health insurance is great, but one has to wonder if that is so, because of the stress put on the employees. The company is resistant to the advancement of employees and will find any reason not to advance workers. Job Security may have been good at one time, but for data entry/customer service this is being out sourced to over seas. Management is never consistent, honest, or clear. It changes frequently. There is never a clear chain of authority, lots of power struggle because of the large over-seeing staff. Overall co-workers are kind and courteous but there is a definite cast-system at play, making the culture undesirable.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
Management, unclear authority structure (too many people "in-charge", very little value of personel
summary
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORNovember 16, 2016
fast paced environment
long hours, lots of overtime
good benefits
breaks are not encouraged
good supervisors
upper management is so so
Do Not Work Here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 21, 2016
The culture is terrible, as well as, the executive team. They could care less about their employees and are discriminatory. The HR team is bought out by the executives and there is no where to go if you have an issue. For those that plan on sticking up for your rights under the employment laws to protect against the abuse of companies like this, plan on being fired!

Would not recommend
Pros
Cons
To many to count
OK place to work Employees good to work with.
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
I was on the extra Board. So I would wait for a phone call in the morning. I they did not have a run for me in the morning I would wait for a call at night. After you know where you are going you go in and find the truck you are taking, do you pre-trip, then wait for your paper work. After getting your paper work you go hook up to your trailers, after you finish your pre-trip on trailers you are on your way to you destination.
Pros
Great benefit.
Cons
Never know where you are going from one day to the next. No assigned trucks for extra board drivers.
great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
Driver/Dispatch/Dock USF Reddaway Salt Lake City UT Apr 2011- Present
Delivered freight to delivery points in and around the greater Salt lake valley. Drove trailer sets of doubles, triples and rocky mountain doubles to over the road meet points for trailer and freight swap. Also performed a wide range of dock duties to include load and unload trailers with freight. Also performed dispatch duties to include. Setting up delivery routes, dispatching city and OTR drivers to there delivery points, and also performed office duties as assigned.
Worst job ever
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Santa claraOctober 10, 2015
DO NOT EVER accept a job here. The freight gets treated with more respect than the employees do. The wages suck, there's no advancement, the terminal manager doesn't know wtf he's doing. The worthless teamsters ain't worth a you know what. They say they care about you, but when you have a problem they won't lift a finger to help you. All they do is steal your money, oh I'm sorry they call it union dues. Working here was like walking into a jail cell every day. I wasted 3 years of my life here, & every time I asked for a raise they pretty much told me to go f@"k myself. They wanna work you to the bone, but they don't want to pay you. They pretty much expect you to work for free. I'm so glad that I got another job, & I'm finally out of reddaway state pen.
Pros
Can't think of any. Except great co workers
Cons
Lousy pay, lousy hours, worthless teamsters union
Good environment, pay undesirable
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 18, 2016
The pay was low generally because I was employed thru a temp agency, and benefits were to expensive. But if I were hired on full-time, I'm sure I would have enjoyed staying there.
Easy job with good benefits
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Downey CaJuly 29, 2015
worked here for 2+ years as a full-time employee and for the pay and benefits it's not a bad gig. A lot of turnover here every few months. Workers tend to not get trained well and become lazy. Supervisors put a lot of stress in FT guys but let PT guys get away with poor work. Company stresses proper loading techniques but most trailers received look like a wreck. Rules enforcement are pretty much non existent and laughable on how the threaten with write ups. Hours are there especially during peak season but if you have any pride in your work this place will quickly get on your nerves.
Pros
Benefits and solid Pay increases
Cons
lazy workers, poor management
This Company is okay to work at if your looking to become a route driver
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2012
Working for this company has its ups and downs , I know when I first started working here I was excited for a new and exciting opportunity. I was the youngest employee and didn't really know what to expect, the employees i worked with on the dock were very welcoming , as for the terminal manager he's just a guy who is never honest with you or ever follows up on work ethics and work performances. Ive been a part time employee for about a year and half with no benefits, the terminal manager never gets back to you with an honest answer when full time positions will be available . He will say there are openings at our terminal and when I say I wanna put my name on one of those full time statuses he turns around and says oh i still haven't herd anything from the hiring manager who he talks to everyday. He's a plain out bad terminal manger who works his employees like slaves and doesn't appreciate them at all. If he knows hes gonna fore you or let you go he makes you work your entire shift first and then informs you when the work day is over without you knowing anything.
Cons
place has no advancement to move up with the company
Dispatch Clerk
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 17, 2015
The work is easy the benefits are great but you will never grow here. The hours are not ideal especially for the pay. Unprofessional environment. Best part of the job are the employees.
Pros
Benefits, Job security
Cons
No Growth, Pay, Management
Average workplace. Not customer service oriented.
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  W Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2013
Great benefits, Moral low due to poor customer service. Unable to keep appointment times for delivery as well as picking up customer freight. Company not committed to employee safety. The work is expected to be completed many times with the wrong equipment for the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
managment will not listen to worker ideas and suggestions
Daily Activites
Administrative Clerk/OS&D Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 1, 2016
I consider everyone at work family. My Co-workers are amazing, including the drivers. The hardest part about the job is making sure that all the freight is picked up and delivered on time.
Thankful for the opportunity to grow my knowledge!
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 8, 2016
Fast paced and enjoy meeting customers and taking care of their business needs. Great people to work with and have built many life long relationships.
Pros
Outside Sales and meeting new people daily.
Cons
Not enough training for new hires.
good, nice coworkers
Customer Care Group (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 6, 2016
i did not like that you enjoy the work and then by surprise management tells you while on the phone that your job is no longer available and to hear that company is at low call volume when they are needing more people.
Pros
morning coffee
Cons
a lot of turn around, no enthusiastic management.
Company with no employee loyalty
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 25, 2014
-everyone is overstressed and overworked
-I work well under pressure and with high amounts of work, I excelled in every task given to me and learned how to manage and work through all hazardous materials and OS&D issues, also learned how to handle and monitor all priority shipments and schedule delivery appointments while keeping the driving schedules of each driver from conflicting with another
-management works well but with little support from corporate
-coworkers are amazing, everyone working together to get things done
-hardest part of the job would be putting all your energy into your tasks and not being rewarded appropriately. Low pay for high amounts of work
-the energy of those around you would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
low pay
Work for a company that is exempt to "Hours of Service" regulations
Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 7, 2013
If you like driving 14-16 hours per day; this is the job for you. Company morale is zero due to the high employee turnover & zero support from management (or lack-of). If you desire to work for a company that has the highest per employee accident/injury ratio nation-wide then you will fit in perfectly. If you walk in the door; 1) you will be hired immediately, 2) get 2 days training from a fellow new-hire, 3) be relentlessly tormented until the day you quit and go to work for a company that respects their employees.
Pros
lunch breaks are strictly forbidden
Cons
you will live @ work monday-friday
Comfortable cafeteria
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 23, 2015
My typical day is loading and unloading items complete all equipment on schedule. I have learned how to work better by my Supervisors giving me the right skills to utilize. Work place is fast pace and friendly. The hardest part of my job is overloading items when delivered, people at work make my job fun good atmosphere
Never home
Pickup & Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2015
If you want to be treated like a 3yr old,over worked,bad management,always trying to write you up.You work hard there never happy.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Great company work culture.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2015
Managers refer to everyone by name and the culture is relaxed but professional. Worked there for many years in various positions and enjoyed every one of them.
ok
Dock Lead Man and P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2014
a fair place to work with good benefit,management fair,get to work hard on your own

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reddaway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7