Reddaway Employee Reviews in United States

Worst job ever
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Santa claraOctober 10, 2015
DO NOT EVER accept a job here. The freight gets treated with more respect than the employees do. The wages suck, there's no advancement, the terminal manager doesn't know wtf he's doing. The worthless teamsters ain't worth a you know what. They say they care about you, but when you have a problem they won't lift a finger to help you. All they do is steal your money, oh I'm sorry they call it union dues. Working here was like walking into a jail cell every day. I wasted 3 years of my life here, & every time I asked for a raise they pretty much told me to go f@"k myself. They wanna work you to the bone, but they don't want to pay you. They pretty much expect you to work for free. I'm so glad that I got another job, & I'm finally out of reddaway state pen.
Pros
Can't think of any. Except great co workers
Cons
Lousy pay, lousy hours, worthless teamsters union
Good environment, pay undesirable
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 18, 2016
The pay was low generally because I was employed thru a temp agency, and benefits were to expensive. But if I were hired on full-time, I'm sure I would have enjoyed staying there.
Easy job with good benefits
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Downey CaJuly 29, 2015
worked here for 2+ years as a full-time employee and for the pay and benefits it's not a bad gig. A lot of turnover here every few months. Workers tend to not get trained well and become lazy. Supervisors put a lot of stress in FT guys but let PT guys get away with poor work. Company stresses proper loading techniques but most trailers received look like a wreck. Rules enforcement are pretty much non existent and laughable on how the threaten with write ups. Hours are there especially during peak season but if you have any pride in your work this place will quickly get on your nerves.
Pros
Benefits and solid Pay increases
Cons
lazy workers, poor management
Dispatch Clerk
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 17, 2015
The work is easy the benefits are great but you will never grow here. The hours are not ideal especially for the pay. Unprofessional environment. Best part of the job are the employees.
Pros
Benefits, Job security
Cons
No Growth, Pay, Management
Daily Activites
Administrative Clerk/OS&D Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 1, 2016
I consider everyone at work family. My Co-workers are amazing, including the drivers. The hardest part about the job is making sure that all the freight is picked up and delivered on time.
good, nice coworkers
Customer Care Group (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 6, 2016
i did not like that you enjoy the work and then by surprise management tells you while on the phone that your job is no longer available and to hear that company is at low call volume when they are needing more people.
Pros
morning coffee
Cons
a lot of turn around, no enthusiastic management.
This Company is okay to work at if your looking to become a route driver
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2012
Working for this company has its ups and downs , I know when I first started working here I was excited for a new and exciting opportunity. I was the youngest employee and didn't really know what to expect, the employees i worked with on the dock were very welcoming , as for the terminal manager he's just a guy who is never honest with you or ever follows up on work ethics and work performances. Ive been a part time employee for about a year and half with no benefits, the terminal manager never gets back to you with an honest answer when full time positions will be available . He will say there are openings at our terminal and when I say I wanna put my name on one of those full time statuses he turns around and says oh i still haven't herd anything from the hiring manager who he talks to everyday. He's a plain out bad terminal manger who works his employees like slaves and doesn't appreciate them at all. If he knows hes gonna fore you or let you go he makes you work your entire shift first and then informs you when the work day is over without you knowing anything.
Cons
place has no advancement to move up with the company
Comfortable cafeteria
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 23, 2015
My typical day is loading and unloading items complete all equipment on schedule. I have learned how to work better by my Supervisors giving me the right skills to utilize. Work place is fast pace and friendly. The hardest part of my job is overloading items when delivered, people at work make my job fun good atmosphere
My co-workers worked hard and had my profound respect
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 14, 2015
Overall, the company treated me very well during my time with them. Human resources was always a great source of information and the payroll department personnel were top notch.
Great company work culture.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2015
Managers refer to everyone by name and the culture is relaxed but professional. Worked there for many years in various positions and enjoyed every one of them.

Want to know more about Reddaway?

Ask a question
Average workplace. Not customer service oriented.
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  W Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2013
Great benefits, Moral low due to poor customer service. Unable to keep appointment times for delivery as well as picking up customer freight. Company not committed to employee safety. The work is expected to be completed many times with the wrong equipment for the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
managment will not listen to worker ideas and suggestions
Never home
Pickup & Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2015
If you want to be treated like a 3yr old,over worked,bad management,always trying to write you up.You work hard there never happy.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Company with no employee loyalty
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 25, 2014
-everyone is overstressed and overworked
-I work well under pressure and with high amounts of work, I excelled in every task given to me and learned how to manage and work through all hazardous materials and OS&D issues, also learned how to handle and monitor all priority shipments and schedule delivery appointments while keeping the driving schedules of each driver from conflicting with another
-management works well but with little support from corporate
-coworkers are amazing, everyone working together to get things done
-hardest part of the job would be putting all your energy into your tasks and not being rewarded appropriately. Low pay for high amounts of work
-the energy of those around you would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
low pay
Work for a company that is exempt to "Hours of Service" regulations
Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 7, 2013
If you like driving 14-16 hours per day; this is the job for you. Company morale is zero due to the high employee turnover & zero support from management (or lack-of). If you desire to work for a company that has the highest per employee accident/injury ratio nation-wide then you will fit in perfectly. If you walk in the door; 1) you will be hired immediately, 2) get 2 days training from a fellow new-hire, 3) be relentlessly tormented until the day you quit and go to work for a company that respects their employees.
Pros
lunch breaks are strictly forbidden
Cons
you will live @ work monday-friday
ok
Dock Lead Man and P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2014
a fair place to work with good benefit,management fair,get to work hard on your own
Everyone works very well together.
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Anderson, CAJanuary 31, 2014
My title is Clerical however, I have learned to dispatch which I do daily, both line and city. I am the OS& D clerk, and handle the COD's for the company. I love the challenge of city dispatch because the drivers are needed to both deliver on time and pick up before close times. This is a challenge and getting it right on a daily basis is awesome. Learning the Line board has opened my eyes to the need of trucks on the road. I have an understanding and appreciation for those men and women who get in those trucks and safely move the freight from point A to point B. Multi-Tasking is my name having worked for this company for 20 years. Another of my titles is Customer Service which is very challenging. I have learned how to handle different personalities which makes it easier to assist with any person on the phone. The most important thing I have learned is that there is so much more to learn.
Pros
working with great people.
Cons
when i can't make a customer happy.
great atmosphere
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Union Gap, WAFebruary 26, 2015
this is an easy-going and great atmosphere to work in, just need more hours and better pay. that would make this better and worth while.
4k forklift headlights/scales if even works is badly out of date
dock worker (Former Employee) –  everett,waSeptember 28, 2014
12.34 and hour and 8 to ten hours over time and says you will get two dollars more after your first 45 to 90 days which will never happen because they will come up with a reason to and has fired over ten personnel in one year which is about TWO TO THREE FIRED EMPLOYEES EVERY THREE MONTHS very high turnover rate normal when you do that to new hires around three or for days prior to 45 days so they don't have to hire permanently and before you can get into the teamsters union. The workers are great to work with and the supervisor is excellent and I learned a lot of valuable info on unloading cargo from those guys and supervisor I wish them good luck with the company. the problem is the manager is the type to talk crazy to employees saying boldly to their face this is BS right their and saying don't be like so and so while during meeting with the person standing their just disrespectful and ignorant and thinks he is all that and supervisor just continues to try and do his job even dough this manager talks to employees during working hours causing production to slow down. Then the manager expects you to unload trucks with out of date forklift 4K equipment with lights that don't work half the time and broken out of date scales that's also out of date. then manager turns around and say to supervisor and employees your not unloading trucks and production is down and he is getting heat from his boss.
Pros
you will get eight to ten hours overtime
Cons
manager will slow your production then fire you dont talk bail cargo
Bad company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara Ca.October 31, 2013
This company sucks all the Drivers complain about working too many hours 12-14 hours a day a lot of accidents for the drivers . The Manager at the Santa Clara Branch is pretty bad has a hard time telling the truth, Low moral at this company , turn over rate is really high! They have one day training from a guy thats new himself for the new employees.
Pros
getting off work
Cons
no lunch break
A Premier LTL Company
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 12, 2013
Typical day at work is managing a dock crew of 15, an office staff of 5, and 45 drivers. I've learned how to manage a successful operation,. Coworkers are fun to work with, hardest part of the job is hitting unrealistic dispatch times. Most enjoyable time is with the crew in a positive atomosphe.

2.8