Reddy Ice Employee Reviews

Very Productive, Fast paced
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2017
The management team is great. The people that work in the warehouse are friendly and up beat. The only down side to this job is the cold temperatures in the freezer.
Pros
Free ice
Cons
Coperate
Company for sale
Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJune 14, 2017
For hourly people its nice for managers its bad
Could be a great place to work but they are worried about the sale not the people that will be there after its sold
Pros
People
Cons
Company for sale
Good job place but needs new supervivors
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
Nice place to work but needs new supervisors
Good employees , brakes but not enough hours
Its pretty relaxing , safe and efficient working proccess
Stressfull situations but no micro-managment
Field Equipment Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2017
I have and still would recommend a friend to work for reddy ice. My issue is there is no room for advancement or professional training, more on-the-job learning. Its such a big corporation that you begin to become just another worker and dispensable. I enjoy the freedom of being able to work on my own and at my pace. There is very low micro-managing. I learned to diagnose and repair ice equipment, but mainly on my own and through friends that are in the field. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication of parts and ability to stock my truck, I have to crawl in a camper to get any equipment I need. i enjoy the traveling.
Pros
on your own self pace, non-micromanagment
Cons
huge corp. and become just another worker. self-learn to diagnose
Horrible Place to work
Production Lead/ Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WA 98275June 6, 2017
I was almost immediately promoted from fork lift driver to production lead because their production lead was a meth head. This company ever consumes my life. No days off, no respect, 14 - 16 hour days, no back up or support. Its the worst place I have worked in many years.
Pros
Pays okay
Cons
Everything else
Ex Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
I worked out of the Houston Tx area. Hourly pay was $13 an hour or average $800 bi-weekly when business is slow(winter), $900-$1100 bi-weekly when business picks up(summer). You also work more in the summer(6-7 days) as ice sales increase while 4 day work weeks in the winter. Management and co-workers were great and like family. The reason why I left was because of the transition to drive your personal vehicle. 14 cents mile and no monthly car allowance began to take a toll on me financially.
Pros
You can start at almost any time you want, and the freedom is unbelievable, great management.
Cons
Not enough pay for what's required from your personal vehicle
Good company
Truck Driver/ Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. There was great opportunity to grow within the company. I would go back if I could make more money there. It was like working with family.
extra cash. seemed intriguing
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2017
Was interested in part time. Went there to fill out an app and got disrespected. One thing i dont like. I didnt do anything to them yet someone already peed in thier cheerios. Boo! Took away my fun. Just wanted to work a shift lol oh well. Dont waste your time. U need ppl but u just blow them off?
Pros
guys in texas were decent.
Cons
the ppl at searles location
In truck a lot
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 22, 2017
More steady work flow. Good place to work at , they pay alright ( by day). Start work early and finish whenever you get your ice off the truck, so it's not set hours.
Ice production
Stationary engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
Lots of rebuilding of equipment, welding in three new ammonia booster pumps for ice cream storage. Added on 2 condenser heat exchangers. Worked on conveyor systems and knack units defrosting. 24 hour coverage...had 3 Chevy gas drive unit...pm'd units every 3 months...used for added horsepower when running the brine tank to make 300 lb ice block for farmers to use on there produce. Run dock sales when our dock help was short in the summer time. Welded in cube maker that was shipped up from Phoenix...one of ours had a hole in the tube bundle.
Pros
Added skills with ammonia refrigeration
Cons
Hot and cold extremes

Want to know more about Reddy Ice?

Ask a question
I would not recommend Reddy Ice to anyone other than entry level candidates.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAMay 19, 2017
The people are great and the environment is pleasant. The work schedule is insane in the summer months . The demands on the hourly employees are above and beyond reasonable. Reddy Ice has a management problem throughout the company on all levels. No training, high expectations and rapid employee turn over make this company constantly unstable. I would not recommend Reddy Ice to anyone other than entry level candidates.
No longer there
Ice stacker/ Lead man (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 18, 2017
International Paper was a good company to work when it was there. I worked there for three years until they closed their doors. They bought another company and not sure how well they're doing.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hot working conditions
Horrible working conditions
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 18, 2017
The work and commitment expectations from the management are not worth the pay one bit! No days off 9+ hours a week to break your back all day! The work is very fast paced, none of the workers can speak fluent English!
Pros
Work in cold warehouse
Cons
Horrible pay, dangerous, slave labor
Overall great company
Customer Relationship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
I love Reddy Ice! One of the best places to work hands down. If you are looking for a company with job security this is the place for you! Reddy Ice is a very relaxed environment. Definitely a place to make some easy money.
Long routes with pointless stops when others who need service weren't routed. No social life.
Class B Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMMay 12, 2017
Worked for almost 3 years. My manager was great but his uppers sucked. Changed the routing then everyday was a 14 he day then without any notice will sell your location to a distributor and lay you off.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks, long days, winter hours suck.
Challenging turnaround company that has partaken in a change management and continual improvement culture.
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2017
Overall, I have enjoyed working for Reddy Ice. I have met some of the most dedicated, hardworking team members during my time thus far. The advancements in our IT platforms and operational visibility have been more than impressive.
Pros
People
Just a company driver
Truck driver CDL A (Local delivery) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Communication is lacking seems that denver location has issues with management no one knows who is in charge.show up every morning not knowing what route ill be on... routing is not a route it takes you past stops to deliver later or going from evergreen to greely on a route.
Driver has no say on any of the route has to follow the rules of reddy ice
Pros
Frendly family environment ok benifits
Cons
Fast paced, no communication, routing
very fast pace job at times
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 10, 2017
Stocking position is what I did, it can be very fast pace at time. Great job to work I must say I really enjoyed working for this ice company. You can meet a whole lot of different people at different events party's, football, baseball, basketball games etc.
Very fun, diverse, get to travel on road every day.
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 4, 2017
- A very fun work experience because most of the day your riding along side the driver in a different city near the beach.
- Also very diverse because your riding with a different driver, doing a different route, on a different truck, in a different city.
- I learned as a helper your job is to be a extra set of eyes (watching traffic while driver is driving, also making sure driver doesn't fall asleep behind wheel after driving long hours and distances), and hands (helping driver load, unload, and count large amounts of ice).
- The hardest part was operating pallet jack with large pallet of ice on lift gate. One small mistake can be life threatning.
Pros
free lunch, get to see beautiful ladies at the beach every day
Reddy Ice
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2017
Good place to work and stay warm in the phoenix Arizona heat. Forklift operating is a skill. I happen to be good at what I do so the warehouse always looked good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reddy Ice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9