Reddy Ice Employee Reviews in United States

Accounting
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2016
Excellent company, but management stucks. Require a lot of work, not sure from day to day if you will have a job. Great benefits, great people besides management.
Pros
Great co-workers, free lunch
Cons
Require a lot of hours, will work all holidays
Don't waste your time.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2016
They don't care about the employees and don't train you properly and they don't supply you with proper attire for the job. They don't even have human resource manager at the factory so you have to call corporate to file a compliant. Don't allow yourself to be treated like garbage. Take this as a warning.
Pros
Cons
They ask too much out of you
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMay 27, 2016
Great place to work got to meet a lot of new people and made lots of friends doing this job
It was very easy on learn on what to do of a mornings and during the day
Boss always called to check up on us to see how we are doing through out the day
Very easy to get along with everyone that worked there
Hardest part of the job was working long hours and then having to be back at work early the next morning
Meeting new people every day and making friend with some of them
Pros
enjoied seeing my friends at work
Cons
had to work during lunch time
This the worst job i ever had and thats saying alot
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 18, 2016
Beware of this job management expects you to learn everything needed within two weeks and will flip flop your schedule to there liking, so if you have another part time gig this is def not for you. management will leave someone to train you who doesn't really care to train you properly because there is no time to train because everything is face paced. but for an average at best pay if you need a quick buck there are way better options than this.
Pros
dead times sometimes hour lunch
Cons
no proper training
Reddy Ice is a great company.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 26, 2016
Reddy Ice is a good company to work for. great benefits and great work/Life balance. I would recommend anyone to work for Reddy Ice
reddy ice
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2016
load my truck up for my driver. deliver ice to our route locations. i learned alot of store mangers are very unsure about how much there stores need . management was great with us. my co-workers (the drivers) were great with directing and helping with our loads and were great team players. the hardest part was if the ice melts before u can stock it the bags may fall off the platform in which you laod it on. the most enjoyable part was when delivering ice to stores they offered us free food for our hard work.
Pros
free lunch and nice amount of hours to work
Cons
its busy and very hot in the summer
Fast Paced Environment
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
Exciting place to work, different tasks that need to be completed each day...a great opportunity to interact with different people each day
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Accounting System outdated
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work but with the transition of management there have been many long hours put in. If your expecting an easy job better look elsewhere.
Decent pay for the work... thats about it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 4, 2016
My experience with Reddy was a long day, again decent pay... And the OT was nice. Unfortunately they want you to run over hours. They want you to run over loaded. And in the location that I worked they want you to run in 120 degree heat with no AC in an ICE truck. Doesn't make much sense to me. Management was definitely not the greatest, corporate was not much better. Most enjoyable part of the day, as many others have said was going home. Nice customers for the most part unless the office upset them. Co-workers were in the same boat as I was.. for the most part good to work with and did their part, but not happy with management. Didn't really learn anything from this job besides how bad some people can be with their trucks. Sometimes I would drive the same truck, sometimes I wouldn't. Guaranteed that every day there was a problem with the truck I was getting into though.
very hard to work there
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 17, 2016
Bad upper management not willing to listen to there managers to make things better the best part was building a great teams at all the location I was at
Pros
Taking on serval plant to make them better and making money
Cons
Bad upper management
Chaos
ISB tech (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 8, 2016
Company is run by blithering idiots.
Employees are over loaded which makes the customer suffer. Management could care less about what goes on in the field. Professional emailers and conference call junkies. Nothing changes but another form to fill out. Facilities are dreadful.
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
No reward just a job
If you like to be lied to you will like it
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2016
Very long hours your expected to do several peoples job
Upper management does not have a glue what it takes to get the job done in the field
Some good people to work with in the lower ranks
Cons
Long hours two faced management. Often hire unskilled management
The Job life is enjoyable
ISB Merchandisers (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day at work you will get their at 6:00 a.m load your van get started on your route.Typically you will get done around 3-4 p.m. They could improve on the management side of the job they are just unorganized. The hardest part of the job is holidays in the summer.
Excellent People
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2016
Great work place, personnel were some of the best I have had the pleasure of working with through my career. Upper Management is making great efforts to ensure your success. It is true that during the high season (summer months) you are working a lot of hours but they put that out to you up front. I will miss the people I worked with.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Long hours in summer months.. "it is what it is"
Not a bad job...just seasonal though
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COJanuary 7, 2016
Management was a mess. Co-workers were pretty decent. Had high turn over. We were understaffed a lot of the time especially during busy times throughout the summer season. Several people quit over the management and found other jobs.
Pros
fun job with overtime available
Cons
high turn over
It's a job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 9, 2015
It was a good "fill in" position while trying to determine what I really wanted to do next.

The company is very miss managed as a whole and seem to want to change how they do things from day to day.
fun an alright places to work
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXNovember 9, 2015
I would bag ice and stack it of hours and the management was not good they couldn't keep up with anything. the co-workers always got in fights over everything
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2015
Enjoyable work place with fantastic and supportive management. Management helped me personally grow and develop. My co-workers became like my family. Everyone at Reddy Ice is a pleasure to work with.
Upper Management inexperienced!
Manager (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 5, 2015
Upper management has no clue how to run a successful seasonal business. They tend to run the business deeper and deeper into the ground by not investing in the equipment or people. They continue to fill key positions with no ice industry experience. As a salaried employee one would expect to work more than the standard 40 hours a week but they expected more like 80 hours.
Cons
Unable to take any vacations between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Not a good job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 29, 2015
I was told that i was going to make about $150 for working 15hours and us average gas compensation of .53cents a mile and would be driving 58miles a day for 4 to 5 days a week. Well the guy that hired me said no im not paying you for your miles im giving you a .53cent raise to make up for. After a week he shorted me hours and then said that he was only paying for 2.30 hours and i would work about 3 to 3.30 hours a day so they cheat you badly and never have fixed the problem or paid me for what i did work. Been waiting 3weeks now and still nothing. And if he called you up and said hey the machines aren't working go fix them. And you dont even get paid for it.
Pros
Home early
Cons
Management lies to much

2.8