Redflex Traffic Systems Employee Reviews

boring and repetitive
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 17, 2017
wish I could find another job quick.. This job is hindering me financially and socially... I am mute all day. the job is boring and repetitive and no one talks to each other
Pros
you have your own space
Cons
to quite and no one talks to each other
Give it a try
Call Center Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 25, 2017
Not every job is for everyone just remember that.

This place is pretty cool. Supervisors and Management is very helpful and beyond understanding. They make sure to celebrate every holiday in a big way. To make this work you have to be willing to learn A LOT, work hard every day and be up for constructive feedback. At the end of the day it is a call center and it gets somewhat repetitive, the bright side however is that the people here really put in the effort to make it fun.
Pros
Bunch of Benefits, Big break room, Option to buy food in break room, A bunch of places nearby to go during lunch
Cons
Repetitive, New info everyday (a lot to learn)
This is the company whose former CEO was sent to Prison for Bribery
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 20, 2017
They put on an excellent show that preaches focus on improving their culture.

The truth is, this is only a show with no substance.
It is a hostile work environment in which favoritism and discrimination run rampant.

They will offer a slightly above market salary for two reasons:

1. They have a hard time finding quality employees due to the company's history.

2. Quality employees don't stick around once they see the culture for what it really is.

They also tell you you will be auto enrolled in their 401K plan at a contribution rate of THEIR choosing, UNLESS you log into the 401K provider's site within 30 days and set our own preferences.

The problem is, your access to that site is not enabled after 60 days of employment, which is when your Benefits kick in. Don't bother trying to submit your wishes in writing to HR or try to change the enrollment after the fact as they will not let you do it.
Pros
They'll offer you a fair salary
Cons
You'll regret accepting their offer within one month.
Good experience and move on to better opportunities
CSR, Processing - Bilingual Spanish (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 18, 2017
I liked the job and company at first, thought was good employment to retirement but, watch out ......... company is very racial. Employees working there stay clear from them ...... stay to yourself ....... a lot of back stabbing in this company..... one bad look and they will fire you
Cons
30 minute lunches, 15 min break, health benefits not worth it... to high to pay
High turn-over employment
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2017
Constantly fill positions and keep adds running (over 30 days). When you question this practice, they say they are collecting resumes. Seems that the people who interview you do not make the hiring decisions.
Pros
Cons
Conflict with how management describes employment at the company
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
I loved working here. Great benefits, culture and opportunity to learn new things and advance within the company.They were wonderful to me when I moved my sister to AZ after she was diagnosed with ALS.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Stuff is friendly and willing to help.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 25, 2017
I've been hired for three months and I like working here. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Also the benefits are good. I enjoy coming to work and this place is way better than my previous job.The break room is awesome Free coffee & snacks options to buy. I recommend working here too!
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, frendly coworkers
Positive Changes
Verification Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 9, 2017
This company has gone through major changes in my department for the better. New leadership is making a positive change and jumps in, previous leadership was lazy and played favorites. New leadership is fair and works with us without playing favorites. We have steady OT which is great but not for all. Lots of opportunity and great benifits including monthly activities.
Pros
Ot, fair, management cares, good benefits, room to grow
Cons
More pay, but it is very basic work
A great place to work, doing work that matters
Employee (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 18, 2017
I have been with Redflex since 2009. It is a good place to work, they offer great benefits, the culture is casual but professional. A new CEO was brought in two years ago and has done a lot to improve the culture and morale. We do important work, which ultimately saves lives, so it's nice to be involved with a company whose work really matters.
Easy going job
Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 6, 2017
It was awesome working for Redflex. The hours were perfect. The other employees were nice and the environment was nice as well. I enjoyed my employment.
Awesome place to work
Field Service Engineer/Installation Lead (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 10, 2017
Team meetings with management to setup weekly agenda. Installed and maintained red light cameras. Outdoor job new sites weekly. Management involved in resolving issues. Compensated for skill and bonus for good work performance. Company dinners and meetings.
Pros
Field service, outdoor enviroment, Cameras
Cons
too much travel
productive environment
Print Room Associate/Verification Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2017
Very comfortable, pleasant work environment with room and opportunities for growth within . Secure and safe office. Overtime consistently available and mandated more often than not.
Poor Leadership and low moral
Client Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, ArizonaMarch 23, 2017
Lots of overtime. Must be ready to sacrifice your morals since they are about making money. Questionable legal practices and poor management. No organization or empathy for people. Google their history with lawsuits and you will understand why the turnover. Legal department will tell you to lie to people when they call about tickets.
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are good.
Cons
Management, leadership and accountability for bad decisions.
Supervisors and Management are absolutely horrible. Well below morale environment.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
The job is quite simple and redundant but the HR team along with management and supervisors make it very uncomfortable at all costs. Constant emails are sent out to demoralize and demean employees so that we are meant to feel like children. I wouldnt even consider wasting my time at an establishment such as this company. It might have been a good company to work for in the past but not so much anymore.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch breaks, poor management, inexperienced and immature supervisors, low morale, stressful environment, rampant favoritism, etc
Fair
Senior Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Redflex had many very good things going for it and one very bad one. The CEO plead guilty to bribery charges. The problem is that the company spent 2 years trying to cover-up the illegalities and not nearly enough time developing customers or business.
Pros
Benefits were pretty good
Cons
It was like working at a secret society. Too many illegal activities.
Greatest Job I ever had...
Telecom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
Left to work for family business...Miss Redflex coworkers are very hard workers. Executives Rock...Learned to CoordinateTelecoms and other Utilities.
Pros
Pot Luck Lunch fun...
Cons
can think of any...
Constructive learning atmosphere
Lead Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas Metro AreaJune 25, 2015
This company introduces a number of interdependent technologies, and keeps the learning curve in place as newer technology develops.
This keeps the service technicians constantly learning and applying this new technology appropriately.
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
Insufficient top down communication
Keep looking!
none (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
The reason I say keep looking is the culture has fallen and was not the same since RTS lost Chicago contract. If you want a dead end job than apply. There's no advancement for with the company, I just stopped trying.
Great people to work with
Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 11, 2014
I really love what I do because I have so many different responsibilities. A typical day would be troubleshooting any issues with IT, creating templates and business documents, I serve as a liaison between customers and our developers and there's just so much more
Cons
Not customer facing.
mobile operator
Mobile Traffic Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2014
sit in a vehicle and control cameras
management was lacking and unpredictable
good pay for the amount of work we did.
I would sit in a vehicle for 12-18 hours doing nothing but checking the cameras.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very boring work, and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redflex Traffic Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6