Redhorse Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work, Low Pay
Jr. Project Manager for SERDP and ESTCP (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the assignment I had through Redhorse; however, I felt slighted by the pay (I came with tons of experience, yet I was paid $3K less per year than I was making 5 years ago). Also, the assignment was so far from home and there was no free parking, so I ended up having to pay more to work there than I earned. While I enjoyed the work environment and the duties assigned, the commute and pay did not make it worth it.
Pros
Constant learning environment, challenging assignments, room to grow
Cons
Parking permits take months, sometimes years; long commute plus heavy traffic; low pay
Great company
Technical Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2017
I really like redhorse. My management is amazing, and I couldn’t have asked for a better PM. My co workers are fantastic and the culture is unique to each office you work in but none have been bad.
Pros
Management, communication, work life balance
Cons
Expensive healthcare but it covers a lot
If not for relocation, I would have never left REDHORSE!
Strategic Communication Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2017
A very balanced company with a family corporate culture. Top down one of my most enjoyable positions. Provided for professional association fees and very supportive of continuing education and training. Only left due to relocation.
Good place to gain entry level skills
Biologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2017
Gained many new skills while working with Redhorse. The best part of the job was all the new friends made during the short project time. Over time was optional but not very often and off on weekends.
Pros
Flexible when needed time off
Cons
No benefits
Not Recommended For Seasonal Temporary Work
Seasonal Biological Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMay 19, 2017
I would not work for Red Horse again. They do not provide many incentives to seasonal temporary biotech's to return. They have a high turn over rate of temporary employees due to the undesirable
geographic location and will not provide any form of compensation for housing and per diems which can be available from other environmental assessment companies.
Pros
You will learn some new skills on the job
Cons
Supervisor and Lead Bios have poor people management skills.
Do not work for this company!! RUN!!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 29, 2017
This is a low pay, high cost of benefits contract. The management is horrendous with things that go on that should never happen in a professional atmosphere. Corporate just cares about the work not the people.
Debra and Management of GSA don't know anything
Billing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 19, 2016
They don't know what they are doing especially Debra. NON professional talk to someone like they are kids they one they suppose to train you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management sucks
A company that cares
Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Redhorse is a fun company. In the contracting environment it is a struggle to find a company that cares about their employees and values them as more than a number.
Pros
Experience, Fun environment, flexability
Cons
health insurance cost
It was all ways fun working with this company
Mailroom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 18, 2015
If I have a chance working with them I would be glad to be apart of this company. Very good company to work for treat there employee with respect.
Small business government contractor
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAOctober 5, 2015
Very fluid management team leads to misrepresentation of contracts. Job duties/work-life balance not as described in interviews. I wouldn't recommend working here until more established contracts are secured.
Don't work here
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
You can be dropped at any time, they will remove your tasks and then fire you without any heads up. Getting unemployment wasn't easy either, no one got back to me quick enough to get the paper work processed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redhorse Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.