RediClinic Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
I worked at RediClinic as an intern.The company is a phenomenal place to work at. Everyone that works for RediClinic is super friendly and works extremely hard. If you need help with anything they all try their best to help you. The culture of the company is great across the board. I would rate this company a 100 if I could. It was one of the best experiences I ever had!
Pros
Friendly work environment, Great Company Culture
Cons
N/a
Great company and Great Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 16, 2017
RediClinic is a great company that really cares about it's employees and patients. I work with a nice group of people who are hard working, respect one another for their skillset and what they bring to the table. They are professional and it is great to be part of a company that believes in helping people live healthy lives. The culture is hard working, yet friendly. My manager is approachable and lets me do what I need to do and is available for me if I need it. My benefits are very good and the pay is competitive. The hardest part of the job is time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships I have built and also knowing that I am doing my part for society by making a positive impact in the community.
Pros
Schedule, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Distance from home
great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
good company i'm glad to be given a chance by them. def. recommend working for them. Good management and great co workers. Totally good management. :)
Able to help a diversity of people
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 10, 2017
Greeted patient, register new patients, obtain ABN for medicare purposes, collected co-pays, set up rapid tests if needed, injected vaccines, drew lab work.
Pros
Some weekdays off
Cons
Had to work weekends and nights
Overwhelming
Clinician I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
I'm a current employee and I agree with both responses! The management is nice and kind. However, they are always available to answer questions, but that's it! Nothing gets accomplished! They are definitely out of touch with proper patient care! They worry about numbers! Getting a patient in and out in 15 minutes is not realistic! The testing patients require can take take 8-10 minutes for results! The phones ring non stop, in which we have to answer and it's only two of us in the clinic running back and forth like ping pong balls

Also, theCA that work with me is definitely under paid! She is phenomenal! She works harder than I do by opening and closing the clinic, performing the billing, vitals, testing, ordering, cleaning, appointments etc.... I'm ashamed to have her do so much at such low pay! I realize I have the higher level of education, but Rediclinic really need to take care of those who are really the back bone of keeping the clinics run as well!
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Hardly get a bathroom break in a 12 hour shift! No where to have a peaceful lunch!
Disappointing
Clinic Assistant/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
Management only cares about the money. You can't rely on anyone being honest with you. Bonus mention aren't even enough for gas. Always changing rules for their benefit. Forget about even enjoying a 30 minute lunch cause thats all you get if your lucky. Patients will always be right and you will ALWAYS be wrong. That is why this company will always lose good employees and will always be hiring.
Pros
This should not even be an option for this company
Cons
Etc.
Very unhealthy work environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2017
This is aa company that seems to go out of its way to show employ
ees that it doesn't care about them. They keep taking benefits and support away from us and telling us how important we are??

The management team is out of touch, especially Director of Operations. They treat us like we are machines, just keep producing.
If you want to be treated with respect, don't work here.
Pros
please, none.
Cons
management out of touch.
Stay away at all costs
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
This company does not care about employees. Its a terrible place to work. U never see your manager unless you are in trouble.
Pros
Cons
poor management, low pay, bad benfits, and lots of lies.
medical asistant
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 9, 2016
This is the worst place to work. The office has no care for you or your family. You work hard for them in any area they need you, but when you need something from them, you get their BUTTS to kiss!! It is so sad the turn around here, if you have sense, an opinion, or a life, this job is NOT for you!!
Not that great.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
Get ready to market and get treated with zero respect by these crazy patients. All this company cares about is the amount of patients you saw and the amount of instant tests you did not perform. Your goal is to Try and sell a bogus weight loss program to each patient that walks through the door. Each year they make it harder for us to get a bonus. Long hours, short 30 min break.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, marketing, high turnover, rude patients and no one backs you up, you just deal with it.
Urgent Care
Clinician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Great place to work and provided great customer service, enjoyed the three days on and two days off work week. Co-workers were helpful
Cons
3 days on, two days off
n/a
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PASeptember 12, 2016
The hours make it incredibly hard to go back to school. The setting is pretty decent along with the job security. Lab work should be an option.The hours are okay for provider who do not have families
Horrible place to work at
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washinton stateAugust 23, 2016
1)A typical day on the job here is sitting on your butt for 12 hrs PRAYING some one gets sick and comes to the clinic. We have our "fast times" with flu season and sport physicals but that's about it.
2)I have learned absolutely nothing from this job except where I want to work more.
3)Management is a joke here. They do not talk to each other at all so each one tells you a different thing. I feel like this place is ran by the wrong people.
4)Your only real co-worker is the NP that you work with and some are good and some are bad. I have been lucky enough to have a great NP.
5)The hardest part of this job Is siting for 12 hrs watching the seconds go by...slowly.
6)The most enjoyable part of this job is leaving at the end of the day.
This place is good for newly grads who want to start out SLOW but that's about it.
Pros
OK benefits, get three day weekends twice a month
Cons
Everything, Low pay, NO advansment, overworked
Could be a great job
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
Unfortunately, in the case of Rediclinic, your job experience is only as good as your manager. In the Austin market, clinicians are treated with little respect, they only follow their practice model of a clinic assistant with a clinician when it suits them, and staff turnover is horrendous. I think working for RediClinic in general could be a very positive thing, but the current environment in Austin is not positive, and many people have left and many who haven't are looking. If upper management takes a real interest, the Austin market could be turned around and more positive. Marketing is a big part of this job, and many nurse practitioners/PA's really didn't go to grad school to greet customers in the grocery store and accost them with a flyer.
Pros
Competitive pay, should be low stress
Cons
Long work days, management, no consistency, expectations constantly raised.
Able to work at several venues
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 4, 2016
This was an "on-call" only position and it lasted about 5 hours for the day that I was working. There was no one else working with me. I had to set-up and tear-down the site where I was working. The hardest part was sitting at the table waiting for someone to come and want their BP (blood pressure), cholesterol, and BMI (body mass index) checked. The most enjoyable part was meeting the different people.
Pros
the pay
Cons
not a permanent job
I oversaw 15-20 PT physicians who provided direction to many MLP's
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2016
I was overall medical director for six Austin clinics and oversaw all protecols and care of patients seen and follow up .
Turnover Very High due to Management
Clinician (Former Employee) –  TXMay 16, 2016
One day someone will take a step back and evaluate the high turnover rate. A look at management is needed. Would not recommend to a new grad even though they do hire them. The training is not enough for someone new out of school two weeks then you will be alone. You can call someone with a question but being in an environment where you have someone present to bounce ideas on is best as a new grad. It's all about ticket price and marketing. If you are not with a patient you are expected to market. This includes stopping customers of HEB to give them flyers they do not want, passing out carts, AND bagging groceries. They advertise you have a Clinician Assistant but if your clinic is slower than others you will work alone a lot. NO OT Allowed for the assistants. When they are short handed due to staff quitting they allow OT for Clinicians only.
Pros
Work 3.5 days a week
Cons
Low Raises, no assistant many shifts, short lunch, marketing, Poor management
Back-stabbing prevalent & apparently supported (instigated?) by clinical administration
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 11, 2016
Gossip & back-stabbing abound within the Washington system of RediClinics. I have no knowledge of the other states.
Clinical Director sneaks around asking staff to report on one another, never verifying whether the reporter was accurate, and certainly never seems to encourage staff to address any issues face-to-face & work out any miscommunication amongst themselves.

Management encourages co-workers to report one another's personal conversations, taking words & phrases out of context and then putting them in the employee's file without ever addressing or clarifying in person. Obviously this creates an environment of anger & distrust between all levels of staff.

In one month I heard so many unkind words about others! It was awkward to be so frequently put in a position of 'putting in a good word' for the absent staff who was verbally denigrated & dis'd.

Clinic Assistants [CAs] (some are MAs; some are not) are allowed to disobey instructions of the NP with impunity.
NP bears all the liability without any sense of administrative support.
HIPAA violation issues exist, but CAs are not required to change their behaviors when NP shows how the paperwork or computer screens are not secure. The administration addresses HIPAA in general but does not seem to have a solid grasp on the reality of what/why it was created and how we are all responsible to the patient.

The NP can perform well clinically, yet be disciplined or fired if the favored CAs report him/her as having offended them -- and apparently no verbal or written warning is necessary prior to termination & loss
  more... of livelihood.

EMR is cumbersome but do-able.
Market is very "retail medicine" oriented, which is to be expected of this type of convenient care. Costs are $89/visit + labs and although this seems too high for basic colds & 'flu, it is less than most clinics within our area charge (although they accept MedicAid/AppleCare and we do not).
Pros
Salary & set schedule (not counting mandatory mtgs on scheduled days off!), Availability of vaccines in providing above-average preventive Travel Medicine, Costs to patient are less than most other clinics in our area
Cons
Absolutely NO job security, mgmt terminates on their whim, Mgmt creates co-worker distrust issues & terrible work-climate, Admin&Recruiter say items are reimbursable yet allowable expenses are difficult to recoup, Clinic sites are completely without windows, No break lounge or space allotted for lockers or personal items, staff eat in their cars outside, 'brown bag' is fairly essential when break is only 30min per 9-12hr shift
Productive and fun work place.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sammamish, WADecember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my of my job is providing for my patients and working along side my Nurse Practitioner.
I learned so many new skills that I have applied to this work setting and other to come, all while looking for advancement in my career field.
Great company
Credentialing Specialist- Provider Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2015
This was a contract position, so no little about company.

Nice people and laid back company.

Salary needs improvement considering all the work is involved

non micro managed company
Pros
convenient location
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RediClinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7