ReDiscover Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  LinwoodNovember 17, 2017
Women and Children’s Unit is toxic, cut throat environment. Management plays favorites and fuels the chaos and drama. They also use bullying, threats and intimidation. They have a supervisor with no degree or relevant experience, she got the position due to favoritism and her tendency to gossip about other staff. Many of the techs curse and disrespect clients. There are open drug sales in the parking lot and the residential house is like a middle school. Nothing about this place is good for employees or clients. Steer clear!
Pros
Toxic, drama filled environment
Cons
Love love love this agency!!
Licensed QMHP (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 10, 2017
There are many opportunities to grow & advance in this agency. There are places that pay a lot better but this agency has a great reputation in the community, amazing doctors & does great things for individuals & families!
Pros
Advancement, co-workers, flexibility
Cons
Na
gained clinical experience
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 6, 2017
Flexibility in the schedule, but pay too low. No two days are alike, and clients have an array of varying problems that they are dealing with on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
receptionist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for rediscover and learning how to run an office setting. it had pretty good benefits and understanding of life still happening outside of work place.
Enjoyable work experience
Licensed Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2017
Stressful client population but the staff and managers are knowledgeable and truly care about patients' well-being.

Not in a great location, but managers have done what is needed to protect staff and patients.
Toxic management, poor training and micromanaging supervisors
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2017
The Women and Children’s Substance Abuse programs was the most toxic work environment I ever experienced. Staff were regularly threatened for not reaching productivity. That was nearly impossible because you had 10-15 hours of useless meetings per week.
The problem supervisor openly held grudges and would set people she didn't like up for failure. She would regularly make us stay overtime for said meetings without compensation. Managers would regularly throw work on top of you without actually lending a hand themselves. If you had the audacity to bring this up then you weren't being a "team player." I could go on, but unless they remove ALL the managers and leadership of this unit, things will stay the same. It's a blessing I'm not there and that I landed in a much healthier, better paying, stable environment with bosses who actually care and try to help you.
Pros
Insurance was ok
Cons
Good place if there was a more caring program director
Counselor Tech (Former Employee) –  101 W ArmourSeptember 16, 2016
This was a good place to work but program director was a bully Made you job harder than it really was The midtown office always wanted staff to snitch on each othet causing conflicts and would write you up for every little thing
Pros
Knowing the clients
Cons
Program Director
Community Mental Health
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 12, 2016
This is a great place to work for entry level individuals in the field of social work and behavioral health. There is an opportunity to learn a great deal, the case management position is flexible and allows for personal issues to be properly addressed.
Pros
Flexible position, opportunity to learn
Cons
Benefits could be better, more comprehensive.
Not a positive experience!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 27, 2016
Enjoyed working with the clients! Felt that there was no opportunity for advancement or career growth. Management unsure of their own leadership potential.
Pros
Provided opportunity to learn.
Cons
No opportunity to advance.
Most Rewarding Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 21, 2016
ReDiscover is like one big family. Everyone takes care of each other. Managers listen, supervisors take advice and listen. They have rules but are also willing to work with you when things come up. Most enjoyable part is seeing how ReDiscover makes a difference in lives. Seeing the clients and getting to know them is the best part. The hardest part is when the clients get upset. As the front lines (the receptionist) we get to see what goes on first. You definitely stay busy and there is always something to do. You must have a heart in helping people and putting forth more effort than other jobs. This is a non-profit organization and you got to have your heart in it. It's one of the most rewarding jobs I have had.
Teamwork: coworkers are willing to help one another for the well being of the client.
Clinical Case Manager/Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the community and providing social services to low economic individuals that suffers from homelessness and health issues.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
limited resources
the best
Counselor Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2015
I love the clients with all my heart I love helping my women with all my heart I learned a lot about my self and learned how to help
Enjoyed the work
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 22, 2015
Enjoyed my time with the company. Enjoyed working with the clients. Hardest part of the job, there were more clients then there was time. Compensation could have been better.
A patient support environment.
Counselor Tech (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2015
A place that help people a growing work environment. Handle dealing with difficult people responsible for counseling. Enjoyable work place.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Handle dealing with difficult people.
Not interested in training college graduates
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MODecember 8, 2014
Good company to work for but only if you've had years of experience.
Good company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Good opportunities for advancement.
Productive and fun to work with substance abuse/chemical dependency clients
Substance Abuse & Chemical Dependency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed working because it was busy. I learned how to deal with clients, council and advise them. I had a good relationship with my supervisors,social worker and nurses. I had a good communication and team work with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was seeing the client was leaving and not come back. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with them in class sessions.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
stability
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  midtownJuly 21, 2013
A typical day was geared toward customer service and billable services. Management changed three times in a year .. Most enjoyable is I like working with people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
mangement
Great co-workers and supervision!
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2013
Flexible job hours with academic goals. Relationships with co-workers and supervisors are superb. The organization expresses great care and compassion toward helping the community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReDiscover. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8