Redwood Post Acute Network Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Best Nursing home company I have worked for yet!!
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2018
I love working for Redwood Post Acute Network! Everyone is very caring and very interested to ensure all the staff are happy and have the proper equipment needed to complete your tasks efficiently. The management team are very hands on and want to make sure you are the best you can be at what ever various position you might have. I suggest anyone looking for a job should check out Redwood as you will not be disappointed!
Best place ever
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Awesome place! Staff is friendly and does their job! No gossip, drama and the CNAS actually stay off of their cell phones! The food is amazing! It's sparkling clean! The residents are very happy and their call lights get answered immediately. This is a 10 star facility! Staffing is plentiful and there are rarely call ins. His facility should be the example for the state!
Pros
Management is top notch!
Cons
There are none!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  RaymoreJanuary 14, 2018
I have been at redwood of raymore now for 3 months. I a c.n.a. I work hard everyday but it is that ways in every nursing home. Here the administrator and other staff know my name and always asks about me. I really like the residents. I like most of my co-workers. They do a lot of things each week for the staff and say thank you. I read the other reviews and it shows that they no longer work here. If they weren't happy good riddance. I don't like complainers we all got to do our jobs for the residents. I like it here. I can ask anyone even the director of nursing for help and she will help. If you want a job where your hard work is recognized then come work here.
Pros
Appreciation events good pay good benefits great residents
Cons
A few negative people
Terrible Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MODecember 22, 2017
I worked here for 10 years almost. Since Redwood took over I noticed nothing but downfall. No staff to properly take care of these residents which means management has to work extra hours. They have family too. They deserve to be off work. Seems to be they are trying to run off staff that’s been there for 10+ years And replace them with new staff that don’t want to stay because they have no help. Administrator and DON isnt expected to help work the floor but all other managers have to work night shift after working day shift. They don’t want to pay their employees time for being on call. Which is illegal! Overall I would never recommend anyone to work at this place ever! The higher ups do not care about you so don’t think they will. They want to work you to the bone and ask you to pick up shifts but don’t want to allow you time off when you want it.
Run as far away from redwood as you can
CMT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Raymore, MODecember 18, 2017
I worked at facility 19 years. When redwood took over it all went down hill. Seniority meant nothing. Management was a joke. Falsified staffing sheets to show state surveyors. Overworked CNA s with unrealistic staff to patient ratio. Sad to see a place that used to be good go down so bad at the expense of the poor residents.
Pros
Co-workers until they ran us all off
Cons
Places like this should be shut down!
RN (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MODecember 13, 2017
The only good thing I can say about this facility is that there are a lot of great nurses who work there. Why they choose to stay there is a mystery. This place is like something from the twilight zone...it shouldn't exist in the real world! You have to bring your own equipment to check vital signs because the facility does not have anything available that isn't broken. You walk in for a shift and find you are scheduled as the only nurse in the whole building for approximately 130 residents. The doors cannot be locked at night so anyone can walk right in (but you need a code to get out). Supply rooms are full of boxes and you often can't find what you are looking for because you can't get around all the boxes! No official computer training is provided before you are scheduled on your own and you are expected to know everything about the program such as how to do admissions, send someone to the hospital, etc. The facility doesn't seem to have a full time housekeeping service because the place is filthy and trash cans are always full. It's really sad to see the residents exist in this state. You feel your license is threatened every time you walk in the door because you can't perform a miracle! And administration acts as though everything is hunky dory in spite of all this!!!
Pros
Nurses are very good and caring, residents are wonderful.
Cons
No 401 K, no life insurance, no disability...nothing except overpriced health insurance.
Way too much pressure for a fresh face
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 21, 2017
I was terminated within a month of working here. During that time, I was very stressed out and worked very long hrs. I was not appreciated for my efforts. Due to their census being so low from losing contracts with insurances and dissatisfied families, their main focus was the almighty dollar.
If you are new, rather you receive poor training or not, mistakes are not allowed. They expected me to make miracles within weeks of being there, even though I had no experience with verifying benefits, which was made very clear during my interview and it would take much longer to bring their low numbers up to where it should be.
I believe they were aware it was not a good idea to hire me, due to the fragility of the company. They are on the brinks of being shut down, so they probably shouldn't had hired an inexperienced person.
The up side, the Regional Business Developer came off as if she was supportive of me the whole time. She was okay with me using her as a reference. I think she may had felt bad that I was not given an opportunity to show my true potential, when there was too much expectations and pressure out on me in a short period. I would never recommend anyone to work for Redwood. It's too unorganized with a ton of unhappy people working for the company. And new employees are not given an opportunity to learn.
From my knowledge, many people were/are in process of either leaving or planning for in the near future.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
Disorganized, unprofessionalism, negative environment and not appreciative of employees
Never would recommend!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MONovember 1, 2017
Very poor management! All chiefs no Indians! They are not respectful, and a very heartless company! They work their cnas to the bone and show no appreciation (not even a Thank You!).
Love redwood
Nursing Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2017
Being a new company is what makes this company one of the best companies to work for. They treat their employees with respect and really male sure everyone is trained and have all the supported staff that’s needed.
Pros
Employee respect, continuing education
Great employee appreciation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2017
I have worked with Redwood since august and I have never been treated like I mattered before. They ask my opinion and they have an employee appreciation program that they do something for us every other day for 10 weeks and then it starts over. We are spoiled and appreciated for all our hard work we put it. If you want to matter and you are dedicated to your job and want to make some money then work for Redwood!
Pros
Employee appreciation program, flexible schedules
Cons
Benefits- medical expensive.
Quickly Growing Network
Staff Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2017
Pay is comparable to other companies, medical benefits aren't the best but are offered, management and pay is different at each facility. Other reviews I read talk about staffing ratios..... Our state has no required nurse to resident ratio to follow, this company follows the same staffing model that all the other companies follow nation wide, some disorganization due to being a brand new company but upper management is very supportive, good options for position advancement/development, quality of care for the residents is good, if thinking of applying be sure to look at the specific facility that you are applying for cause overall the company is pretty good and led by good people!
Pros
Supportive, Benefits, Good Pay, Good Work Schedules
Cons
Medical Benefit Options, Some Disorganization, Policies
Workload humanly impossible to efficiently provide decent care.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 20, 2017
Worked as full time LPN. Other than a fairly decent wage, and friendly staff there are no other pros. Too many patients to one nurse on "Medicare" unit, very disorganized. On top of all the routine patient care and charting, on any given day could be a few or more admits without any support to complete. Ultimately, it's unfortunate the residents pays the price.
Would not recommend
Middle management (Current Employee) –  MOAugust 13, 2017
New company aquired SNF in KS/Mo . Owners based out of Beverly Hills , Calif. Disorganized . Cares about dollar signs and very high turnover . No follow through and benefits are no good .
Pros
Training ground for anyone who wants a " job"
Cons
High turnover, low morale
Not Functional
Director of Admissions and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 21, 2017
Management needs to be more functional, not a lot of advancement opportunities, benefits are extremely limited, expectations are high with low support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redwood Post Acute Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6