Reed Business Information

Reed Business Information Employee Reviews

Professional with a friendly atmosphere
Accounts Payable Representative, Purchasing (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2014
A fast paced environment, but working with my co-workers was enjoyable and fun. We were a team that worked together to make things happen on a timely basis. We learned each others jobs in order to cover one another during vacations and absences. Our manager was an amazing woman who always had an "open door policy" and made sure that you were trained in all areas of accounting. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in everyday and the hardest part was saying goodbye when there were layoffs.
loved it
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 14, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: sold
business was sold and closed. job was great just disappeared
It was a pleasure to work with the people at Video Business magazine --Reed Business. They treated threir employees with respect and compassion.
First Editor at Large and then Senior Editor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, Calif.July 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
I was hired to write deadline and fast breaking news stories.
Not a people company -
Bid Source Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 18, 2014
Cons: not a good company to work for.
No cohesion - or consistency from management.
Pay is not desirable. Managers are motiviated by numbers for monthly - yearly bonus on a metric scale required by the staff that do not receive monthly bonuses.
Reed was an intracil part of my life and the experince was well worth it.
Mail Clerk - Mail Technician/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: the company went out of business
Learned customer service, time management, shipping & receiving, how to run a forklift and computer skills.
The people were great.
No job security.
Sales (Former Employee), New Providence, NJJanuary 7, 2014
If you dial and smile - you will fit in. All functions managed overseas.
Reed was a good company to work for.
Print Order Tech III (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMay 21, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: business magazines popularity was declining, so reed sold all their u.s. publications
Reed closed their U.S. offices a few years ago. It was a fast-paced work environment with many deadlines and a lot of multitasking.
Great place to work!
Inside Sales Manager-Furniture Today & Kids Today (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 11, 2013
Develop sales strategies to assist Regional Managers in servicing and retaining accounts.
great company, great benefits, advancement great
Assistant Production Mgr, Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: management experience
Cons: handling difficult staff at times
I was in HR Benefits administration and I supervised a team of 4. A typical day at work was to distribute and administer benefits upon qualifying events. I implemented the computerization of the medical, dental and prescription drug plans from claim form submissions to the card system. I administered the new employee orientation programs and retirement programs. It was a very interesting and high pressure environment which I thoroughly enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was supervising the staff.
Great hours, great people to work with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: ok to work for
The time would just fly by very busy work in accounts payable, I meet a lot of people at the company from the UK.
Allowed to leave to box.
National Distribution Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: allows creativity
Cons: difficult management at the end
Good company overall. Bad timing on decisions from the top.
Productive and Supportive
IT Client Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexible working hours.
I had the opportunity to work with some great people who made the environment very educational. They provided training as well as included me in many important meetings. After 6 months of being hired as a contractor, they brought me on board permanently. I had the opportunity to learn a few new management systems. Always will be greatful for the opportunity.
Cooperative atmosphere
E-Newsletter Product Manager (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 1, 2012
Cooperation and delegation characterized my time as an employee at Reed Business Information.