Reed Employment

Reed Employment Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 24, 2015
When I began working for Reed in 2000, I was working at a remote location, until offices start closing, the company relocated at their expense. By working in the remote location, there was experience in learning different departments because two people were doing what a full staffed department was doing. This made escalating to the next position possible.
Okay place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Eagle Point, ORJanuary 15, 2015
If you like working really, really hard and being yelled at all the time, okay place to work. Co-workers work real hard. Putting up with the boss is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day. I learned how to have very thick skin.
75-100 out going calls each day
Inside Business to Business Sales Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The money is good at this company for sales people but you have to work very hard for the money they entice you with upfront. This is a typical cold calling generate your own leads company. Quotas are reasonable and if you can get a Decision maker on the phone and they will listen to you, than you have a good chance at closing the sale because the products and services Reed offers work. It is selling a monthly service that provides construction data leads to anyone involved in the construction industry.
Well rounded job, supporting companies outside of Colorado
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: nice office
Cons: closed colorado office
Worked for 7am - 4pm each day. Was a team lead for trouble shooting problems in all areas. Also a senior research analyst.
Good co-workers enjoyed going to work and would always stay no longer than 4pm to make sure everything was completed.
not a fit
Data Entry (Former Employee), Horsham, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: nice building, multi cultural
Cons: not much room for growth
Not much room for growth. The actual work that was done was not your basic 'data entry' it was very complicated Chemistry. The metrics that needed to be met were also impossible. The training was not long enough. Many of the people there were not helpful. The diversity was nice and the building was a nice clean building.
QA - Not a good place to work
Implementation analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers, standard benefits.
Cons: favoritism, politics
I worked as an Implementation analyst at RG. I have experienced in QA. so, I applied to QA internally when they posted an opening. I was told that I am not fit for that job. Really?....
Later QA management hired one of their friends without interview.
I heard it from other teams that they promote people based on friendship.
It should be based on Experience, Talent, education and knowledge.
Great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Northglenn, CODecember 15, 2014
My typical day was answering phones and data entry. I learned that it was a team job. The management team was not the greatest and to some people that played favoritism. My coworkers were great and people that I am still in contact with. The hardest part on the job was making sure that you were given all the right tools to make sure you were getting the correct information. I enjoyed the hours and that benefits that were given.
Don't Work in Call Centers, Even this one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: above average pay for a call center
Cons: be prepared to be treated like a production machine
Upon recruitment this company definitely pushes the above average pay and benefits, but little do they tell you that most of the ways you exceed expectations don't matter. In essence answer calls and attempt to avoid questions the company does not have answers to. If you are planning on having a baby, you best find another job as they expect you to request your time off the year beforeeven though you only have an estimated due date and have earned your PTO. Also if you want to use your PTO you request it and they co.tinually deny it despite the reason. Then you miss and they take your PTO and give you an occurrence. Just keep looking. Above average benefits are not worth being treated like a production machine with no support from your manager.
Reed Construction Data
Office/Production Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits and pay
Cons: i had to relocate. then office in redondo beach closed in 2004
I would show up at work and print the calendar for productivity. We would have a quick morning meeting and decide our plan for deadlines. I would answer phones, work in production and when estimating fell behind I would complete multi-trade take-offs. My co-workers were great. Management was small and I loved being part of the team.
Not a good place for growth.
Helpdesk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, life flexible, free lunches and snacks
Cons: no career developement, bad management, social anarchy
Very flexible about personal life.Benefits were great. Not a place to advance in a career. Management was mainly about work "social" culture VS developing career skills, not supportive of their teams, or being people of their word. If you are under the right management, you may stand a chance.
Great Workplace/Competitve Salary
Research/Reporter (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: no longer located in co
I reall enjoyed working for Reed while I advanced my education in a completely different field. However, their CO office is no longer open.
Good Company, great benefits.
Source Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: parking
A great company to gain beneficial knowledge of the construction industry and bid projects, where tax dollars projects are posted.
Fun and less pressure workplace.
Software developer (Former Employee), MiamisBurg, OhOctober 24, 2014
Go to office at 9am and leave at 5pm. One group meeting a week and a one-on-one meeting with your team manager once every other week. Hangging out for meal within teams sometimes happends.
Overall good place to work
Leave Specialist (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 1, 2014
I really like working for Reed Group. It's not like other call centers. The benefits are really good, with over 3 weeks of paid time off to start. They pay really well, even for entry level positions.
Great work environment
Header DEO (Former Employee), Horsham, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: you get sick of the radio
Start at 8am, enter orders into the computer system, take lunch then proof read for the rest of the day.
A fun environment and well positioned organization
Vice President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Reed is a great company- a true leader in the business information & events industry. While many competitors were shrinking and consolidating Reed expanded and reinvented their business.
Mediocrity with benefits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Upside:
- Benefits are better than average.
- Job has a solid work/life balance.

Downside:
- The company is a physical publishing company at heart. This leads to short sighted technical requirements and inadequate infrastructure support.
- Constantly changing org structure. Significant realignment of personnel and objectives every other year.
- Undefined career progression. Every developer is a Senior Engineer. There are no Junior Engineers and a handful of Principle Engineers but the work is all the same.
- Good projects go to Philly. STL gets stuck with fringe/maintenance work.
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no real breaks
outbound calling a must,80+, I learned how to visually sell a product in an online demo presentation, my manger was so cool but he made you focus on your goal daily, working around dedicated sales rep was a plus
great company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 2, 2014
love the work environment. been there for quite a few years. some areas a large growth opportunities while others have none. President of the company cares about each and ever employee. Benefits are pretty good.
great company to work for
Data Processor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJuly 27, 2014
Would have stayed if the department wasnt outsourced to India

1 2 3 4 5