Reed Employment Employee Reviews

Family oriented work enviornment
Leave Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Worked close with team to process company leaves for the company you were assigned to. Very helpful to employees in all situations.
Pros
showed appreciation for job well done
Cons
downsized
Case Manager
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 27, 2015
Amazing culture and team of individuals to work with. Consistently working to improve internally as well as externally. If you have work ethic and believe in being part of a team, this is the place to be. If you are able to be ready for constant change and willing to rise to the occasion, this is the place for you.
It was ok...
Southeast Region Bid Reporter (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work involved making phone calls, creating emails, sending faxes. I learned a lot about the bidding process, the different project stages, and acquiring documents when it comes to construction. I enjoyed working within a diverse workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job were the company luncheons.
Great people not getting what they are worth
Complex Work Unit Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 4, 2015
A professional company that lacks skills in taking care of its people. Great people are hired, but not treated or compensated to their worth.
Pros
Good co-workers, major hirers, fun games for team-building
Cons
As mentioned, does not trea workers well.
job provided hands on work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Scenery Hill, PAAugust 7, 2015
remodel homes, kitchens, bathroom, build retaining walls, landscaping, dug for sewer lines. operated equipment. the owner is easy to get along with. Multiple times I was in charge of the crew.
A fun workplace
Equations Editor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed my job, however I felt the company was extremely strict, I was in my 30's and felt I was treated like I was in grade school. Overall I liked everyone I worked with.
Pros
cafeteria with hot food in building
Cons
strict bosses
Typical Big Corporation
DISTRICT MANAGER OF CD ROM PUBLICATION (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Reed Elsevier is a very typical large corporation. It is very easy for even the best employees to become lost in the mix. Management from a distant central office is often out-of-touch with day-to-day functions and sometimes do not even understand the tools needed to perform basic tasks.
Pros
Business casual workplace
Cons
Upper management clueless about day-to-day functions.
Opportunity to grow and learn about real estate
OUT BOUND SALES (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Inside sales for major data collection, information system technologies for tradesmen private organizations and manufacturing companies. Providing sales solutions that broaden awareness of construction in the area of interest. Provided plans, projections, starts and stops for major companies. Providing 100 accurate information, management was great.
Pros
great product
Cons
accuracy
Love working from home!!
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 17, 2015
Working from home 4 days of the week is great!! One day of the week is in the office and is also nice because you get to see your Team members. I speak with employees via telephone concerning disability process and status. I enjoy reviewing medical documentation for disability determinations.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Can work many hours per week.
Productive place to learn and advance
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 5, 2015
Wonderful company to learn new things, advancement is easy if you love your job. They care about their employees and treat them as if they are needed and appreciated. Fun work environment and almost everyone likes everyone.
Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 24, 2015
When I began working for Reed in 2000, I was working at a remote location, until offices start closing, the company relocated at their expense. By working in the remote location, there was experience in learning different departments because two people were doing what a full staffed department was doing. This made escalating to the next position possible.
Okay place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Point, ORJanuary 15, 2015
If you like working really, really hard and being yelled at all the time, okay place to work. Co-workers work real hard. Putting up with the boss is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day. I learned how to have very thick skin.
75-100 out going calls each day
Inside Business to Business Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The money is good at this company for sales people but you have to work very hard for the money they entice you with upfront. This is a typical cold calling generate your own leads company. Quotas are reasonable and if you can get a Decision maker on the phone and they will listen to you, than you have a good chance at closing the sale because the products and services Reed offers work. It is selling a monthly service that provides construction data leads to anyone involved in the construction industry.
Well rounded job, supporting companies outside of Colorado
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
Worked for 7am - 4pm each day. Was a team lead for trouble shooting problems in all areas. Also a senior research analyst.
Good co-workers enjoyed going to work and would always stay no longer than 4pm to make sure everything was completed.
Pros
nice office
Cons
closed colorado office
not a fit
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 26, 2014
Not much room for growth. The actual work that was done was not your basic 'data entry' it was very complicated Chemistry. The metrics that needed to be met were also impossible. The training was not long enough. Many of the people there were not helpful. The diversity was nice and the building was a nice clean building.
Pros
nice building, multi cultural
Cons
not much room for growth
QA - Not a good place to work
Implementation analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2014
I worked as an Implementation analyst at RG. I have experienced in QA. so, I applied to QA internally when they posted an opening. I was told that I am not fit for that job. Really?....
Later QA management hired one of their friends without interview.
I heard it from other teams that they promote people based on friendship.
It should be based on Experience, Talent, education and knowledge.
Pros
great co workers, standard benefits.
Cons
favoritism, politics
Great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CODecember 15, 2014
My typical day was answering phones and data entry. I learned that it was a team job. The management team was not the greatest and to some people that played favoritism. My coworkers were great and people that I am still in contact with. The hardest part on the job was making sure that you were given all the right tools to make sure you were getting the correct information. I enjoyed the hours and that benefits that were given.
Don't Work in Call Centers, Even this one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 26, 2014
Upon recruitment this company definitely pushes the above average pay and benefits, but little do they tell you that most of the ways you exceed expectations don't matter. In essence answer calls and attempt to avoid questions the company does not have answers to. If you are planning on having a baby, you best find another job as they expect you to request your time off the year beforeeven though you only have an estimated due date and have earned your PTO. Also if you want to use your PTO you request it and they co.tinually deny it despite the reason. Then you miss and they take your PTO and give you an occurrence. Just keep looking. Above average benefits are not worth being treated like a production machine with no support from your manager.
Pros
above average pay for a call center
Cons
be prepared to be treated like a production machine
Reed Construction Data
Office/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2014
I would show up at work and print the calendar for productivity. We would have a quick morning meeting and decide our plan for deadlines. I would answer phones, work in production and when estimating fell behind I would complete multi-trade take-offs. My co-workers were great. Management was small and I loved being part of the team.
Pros
great co-workers, benefits and pay
Cons
i had to relocate. then office in redondo beach closed in 2004
Not a good place for growth.
Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Very flexible about personal life.Benefits were great. Not a place to advance in a career. Management was mainly about work "social" culture VS developing career skills, not supportive of their teams, or being people of their word. If you are under the right management, you may stand a chance.
Pros
benefits, life flexible, free lunches and snacks
Cons
no career developement, bad management, social anarchy