Reed Employment Employee Reviews

A fun workplace
Equations Editor (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: cafeteria with hot food in building
Cons: strict bosses
I enjoyed my job, however I felt the company was extremely strict, I was in my 30's and felt I was treated like I was in grade school. Overall I liked everyone I worked with.
Typical Big Corporation
DISTRICT MANAGER OF CD ROM PUBLICATION (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Business casual workplace
Cons: Upper management clueless about day-to-day functions.
Reed Elsevier is a very typical large corporation. It is very easy for even the best employees to become lost in the mix. Management from a distant central office is often out-of-touch with day-to-day functions and sometimes do not even understand the tools needed to perform basic tasks.
Opportunity to grow and learn about real estate
OUT BOUND SALES (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: accuracy
Inside sales for major data collection, information system technologies for tradesmen private organizations and manufacturing companies. Providing sales solutions that broaden awareness of construction in the area of interest. Provided plans, projections, starts and stops for major companies. Providing 100 accurate information, management was great.
Love working from home!!
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Broomfield, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: Can work many hours per week.
Working from home 4 days of the week is great!! One day of the week is in the office and is also nice because you get to see your Team members. I speak with employees via telephone concerning disability process and status. I enjoy reviewing medical documentation for disability determinations.
Productive place to learn and advance
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 5, 2015
Wonderful company to learn new things, advancement is easy if you love your job. They care about their employees and treat them as if they are needed and appreciated. Fun work environment and almost everyone likes everyone.
Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 24, 2015
When I began working for Reed in 2000, I was working at a remote location, until offices start closing, the company relocated at their expense. By working in the remote location, there was experience in learning different departments because two people were doing what a full staffed department was doing. This made escalating to the next position possible.
Okay place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Eagle Point, ORJanuary 15, 2015
If you like working really, really hard and being yelled at all the time, okay place to work. Co-workers work real hard. Putting up with the boss is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day. I learned how to have very thick skin.
75-100 out going calls each day
Inside Business to Business Sales Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The money is good at this company for sales people but you have to work very hard for the money they entice you with upfront. This is a typical cold calling generate your own leads company. Quotas are reasonable and if you can get a Decision maker on the phone and they will listen to you, than you have a good chance at closing the sale because the products and services Reed offers work. It is selling a monthly service that provides construction data leads to anyone involved in the construction industry.
Well rounded job, supporting companies outside of Colorado
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: nice office
Cons: closed colorado office
Worked for 7am - 4pm each day. Was a team lead for trouble shooting problems in all areas. Also a senior research analyst.
Good co-workers enjoyed going to work and would always stay no longer than 4pm to make sure everything was completed.
not a fit
Data Entry (Former Employee), Horsham, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: nice building, multi cultural
Cons: not much room for growth
Not much room for growth. The actual work that was done was not your basic 'data entry' it was very complicated Chemistry. The metrics that needed to be met were also impossible. The training was not long enough. Many of the people there were not helpful. The diversity was nice and the building was a nice clean building.
QA - Not a good place to work
Implementation analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers, standard benefits.
Cons: favoritism, politics
I worked as an Implementation analyst at RG. I have experienced in QA. so, I applied to QA internally when they posted an opening. I was told that I am not fit for that job. Really?....
Later QA management hired one of their friends without interview.
I heard it from other teams that they promote people based on friendship.
It should be based on Experience, Talent, education and knowledge.
Great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Northglenn, CODecember 15, 2014
My typical day was answering phones and data entry. I learned that it was a team job. The management team was not the greatest and to some people that played favoritism. My coworkers were great and people that I am still in contact with. The hardest part on the job was making sure that you were given all the right tools to make sure you were getting the correct information. I enjoyed the hours and that benefits that were given.
Don't Work in Call Centers, Even this one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: above average pay for a call center
Cons: be prepared to be treated like a production machine
Upon recruitment this company definitely pushes the above average pay and benefits, but little do they tell you that most of the ways you exceed expectations don't matter. In essence answer calls and attempt to avoid questions the company does not have answers to. If you are planning on having a baby, you best find another job as they expect you to request your time off the year beforeeven though you only have an estimated due date and have earned your PTO. Also if you want to use your PTO you request it and they co.tinually deny it despite the reason. Then you miss and they take your PTO and give you an occurrence. Just keep looking. Above average benefits are not worth being treated like a production machine with no support from your manager.
Reed Construction Data
Office/Production Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits and pay
Cons: i had to relocate. then office in redondo beach closed in 2004
I would show up at work and print the calendar for productivity. We would have a quick morning meeting and decide our plan for deadlines. I would answer phones, work in production and when estimating fell behind I would complete multi-trade take-offs. My co-workers were great. Management was small and I loved being part of the team.
Not a good place for growth.
Helpdesk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, life flexible, free lunches and snacks
Cons: no career developement, bad management, social anarchy
Very flexible about personal life.Benefits were great. Not a place to advance in a career. Management was mainly about work "social" culture VS developing career skills, not supportive of their teams, or being people of their word. If you are under the right management, you may stand a chance.
Great Workplace/Competitve Salary
Research/Reporter (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: no longer located in co
I reall enjoyed working for Reed while I advanced my education in a completely different field. However, their CO office is no longer open.
Good Company, great benefits.
Source Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: parking
A great company to gain beneficial knowledge of the construction industry and bid projects, where tax dollars projects are posted.
Fun and less pressure workplace.
Software developer (Former Employee), MiamisBurg, OhOctober 24, 2014
Go to office at 9am and leave at 5pm. One group meeting a week and a one-on-one meeting with your team manager once every other week. Hangging out for meal within teams sometimes happends.
Overall good place to work
Leave Specialist (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 1, 2014
I really like working for Reed Group. It's not like other call centers. The benefits are really good, with over 3 weeks of paid time off to start. They pay really well, even for entry level positions.
Great work environment
Header DEO (Former Employee), Horsham, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: you get sick of the radio
Start at 8am, enter orders into the computer system, take lunch then proof read for the rest of the day.