Reed Exhibitions

Reed Exhibitions Employer Reviews

I work with great people.
Customer Success Associate (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great to work here for 19 years and get the great benefits such as 4 weeks vacation.
Cons: i no longer would like to travel to the tradeshows to assistant at the events.
My typical day at work is coming in and giving it my all. I work hard to make sure I get everything done. One major thing I learned by working at Reed is alot about tradeshows and how they run. I work with great people.
Productive, family work environment, fun, energetic
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
I started my career at RX just after college and was there for 10 years. This is a company that allowed me to showcase my talents, rewarded me for it and made a constant effort to mentor and train me in my discipline while instilling company values and promoting best practice sharing
Productive, family work environment, fun, energetic
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
Nice place to work and learn about trade show Management
Account Manager for Hosted Buyer Program (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: no benefits as a contract person
Enjoyed working on different Shows and working with the various team players.
Every show was different. Called and spoke to many clients regarding attending the shows. Most people were thrilled to be invited. Hardest part was if it was a new show and convincing them why it would be to their benefit to attend.

Enjoyed meeting attendees face to face at the shows and how they raved about how excellent and beneficial they were.
No review
Marketing Coordinator/Sales Executive (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 4, 2014
I would prefer not to review this company. This information is confidential and not public.
Good company to work for but
sales (Former Employee), NorwalkJuly 21, 2014
Leadership is lacking. Lots of internal training which is not necessarily a good thing. Poor internal structure and antiquated systems...
dynamic work place with exposure to variou disciplines outside job description
DB Ops Manager/Business & Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2014
Pros: travel to support on site activities
Cons: none - i truly enjoyed my job
work day included regularly scheduled tasks, as well as ad hoc reporting and recommendation. My workday was very varied and included challenging task based on immediate needs. I enjoyed the exposure to different disciplines within the company. Having knowledge of different department's challenged enabled me to provide better recommendations. I enjoyed the travel to provide onsite support and help the registration department onsite as well as serve as exhibitor liaison for solve onsite challenges. The biggest lesson I took away was that interaction between all departments is necessary to move the needle of customer satisfaction and thus, increase and retention.
Pass
rather not say (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 3, 2014
Very top heavy in management. People are not promoted on merit, but rather which VP you sidle up to. Many people fly under the radar for fear of angering the wrong person. Compensation was not on par for required workload.

I met some great people there, and they have become friends.
Marketing Associate for an event and tradeshow company across B2B and B2C brands
RPD Memorial Foundation (Former Employee), Danbury, CT; NonprofitMarch 21, 2014
Pros: marketing experience, fast-paced environments, project execution, marketing discipinary intelligence
Cons: management, training, prioritizing level of work load, company culture, compensation
• Designed print and digital marketing campaigns across seven major trade show brands spanning both B2B and B2C
industry markets including ads, invitations, postcards, brochures, newsletters, onsite signage, and flyers
• Contributed to a 34% increase in attendee registration over previous year through analysis and reporting of email
Marketing campaigns and correspondence to over 100,000 attendee clients
• Leveraged competitive intelligence and marketplace trends to provide industry knowledge on how to increase brand
visibility within the social media space
• Handled special event logistics onsite for celebrity guest appearances and collaborated with television network
publicists to ensure the overall experience was managed efficiently and effectively as possible
• Managed the fulfillment of contract deliverables and established strong relationships with over 95 partnerships for
Jewelers Circular Keystone (JCK), New York Comic Con, PGA Expo, and UFC Tradeshows
Great company, was a leader in event planning
Sr Executive Asst to Incoming President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 30, 2013
I was hired for a short term contract position, but ended up staying longer. Since there was not a lot of work, I often helped the HR and Finance department with their overload.

The people were great to work with.
Productive and great work environment
TAP Coordinator (Assistant Retail Manager) (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Reed Exhibitions but due to the terminating of my position I was forced to find a new job.
I miss working here
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 29, 2012
Pros: great opportunity for growth
Cons: travel for weeks at a time
I truly enjoyed my years at Reed Exhibitions. I was able to gain knowledge of business and technology as well as develop excellent customer relationships; both internal and external. The environment at Reed was competitive and energetic. The hardest thing for me was to leave a job I truly loved due to a hectic travel schedule after having a child. I would recommend Reed Exhibitions as a great company to work for.
Terrible Culture
Undisclosed (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTNovember 29, 2012
Pros: some of the people are geniunely great
Cons: politics, bad compensation, poor career track, favoritism, unethical
Reed is a company that is bottom line driven, they take care of their sales team but fail to do the same for their marketing support groups. Politics at the company more pronounced and promotions are not based on actual merit. Compensation is substantially lower than companies like Gartner. Turnover is higher due to obvious reasons, with many people actually moving on to the competition. Upper management is out of touch with the actual company, and has downright lied at offsite meetings and in company emails about reductions in workforce.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 13, 2012
It's not common for people to love their job and the people they work with at the same time. At Reed, you don't only like the job but the people also.
Productive and Fun work environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 24, 2012
If you enjoy travelling and working being exposed to a variety of differnt industries Reed exhibitions is the best organization to work for.
Innovative, global leader in event management
Event Director (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 9, 2012
Global leader - with career advancement opportunities and variety of industries served.
Productive trade show company.
Database Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2012
Reed Exhibitions provides a great jumpstart to any career.

About Reed Exhibitions

Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers – Read more

Reed Exhibitions Salaries