Reed Exhibitions

Reed Exhibitions Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 16, 2016
Reed was the first position in many years that was based in an office instead of working in an assigned sales territory. I learned a great deal about advertising and media sales and enjoyed the culture very much.
Terrible Culture
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 29, 2012
Reed is a company that is bottom line driven, they take care of their sales team but fail to do the same for their marketing support groups. Politics at the company more pronounced and promotions are not based on actual merit. Compensation is substantially lower than companies like Gartner. Turnover is higher due to obvious reasons, with many people actually moving on to the competition. Upper management is out of touch with the actual company, and has downright lied at offsite meetings and in company emails about reductions in workforce.
Pros
some of the people are geniunely great
Cons
politics, bad compensation, poor career track, favoritism, unethical
Nice place to work and learn about trade show Management
Account Manager for Hosted Buyer Program (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
Enjoyed working on different Shows and working with the various team players.
Every show was different. Called and spoke to many clients regarding attending the shows. Most people were thrilled to be invited. Hardest part was if it was a new show and convincing them why it would be to their benefit to attend.

Enjoyed meeting attendees face to face at the shows and how they raved about how excellent and beneficial they were.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
no benefits as a contract person
The people at Reed are great, it's a young, fun company to work for, but don't plan on meeting your career goals here.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 23, 2015
Overall, I loved the people but didn't like my job. The work life balance is what you make of it, they will slam you with work if you allow it. The pay is below average, but it's a good company to work for if you're just out of college.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
I work with great people.
Customer Success Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2014
My typical day at work is coming in and giving it my all. I work hard to make sure I get everything done. One major thing I learned by working at Reed is alot about tradeshows and how they run. I work with great people.
Pros
great to work here for 19 years and get the great benefits such as 4 weeks vacation.
Cons
i no longer would like to travel to the tradeshows to assistant at the events.
Marketing Associate for an event and tradeshow company across B2B and B2C brands
RPD Memorial Foundation (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT; NonprofitMarch 21, 2014
• Designed print and digital marketing campaigns across seven major trade show brands spanning both B2B and B2C
industry markets including ads, invitations, postcards, brochures, newsletters, onsite signage, and flyers
• Contributed to a 34% increase in attendee registration over previous year through analysis and reporting of email
Marketing campaigns and correspondence to over 100,000 attendee clients
• Leveraged competitive intelligence and marketplace trends to provide industry knowledge on how to increase brand
visibility within the social media space
• Handled special event logistics onsite for celebrity guest appearances and collaborated with television network
publicists to ensure the overall experience was managed efficiently and effectively as possible
• Managed the fulfillment of contract deliverables and established strong relationships with over 95 partnerships for
Jewelers Circular Keystone (JCK), New York Comic Con, PGA Expo, and UFC Tradeshows
Pros
marketing experience, fast-paced environments, project execution, marketing discipinary intelligence
Cons
management, training, prioritizing level of work load, company culture, compensation
Pass
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 3, 2014
Very top heavy in management. People are not promoted on merit, but rather which VP you sidle up to. Many people fly under the radar for fear of angering the wrong person. Compensation was not on par for required workload.

I met some great people there, and they have become friends.
Wonderful people to work with, difficult to grow professionally
Jr Project Manager, eBusiness (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 23, 2015
The people in my group and many of the groups I worked with are all hard working, courteous and professional. It makes the day to day much easier. There can be challenges because there are so many stakeholders involved in every idea and project with no process for evaluating or finalizing decisions. There is also little ability to grow professionally. Employees jump from lateral move to lateral move without ever getting promoted.
Interesting product and service, Out of Touch Management
Events (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2015
The service that RX provides small to mid-sized businesses is astounding. They really can move the needle to affect great change in their profitability.

The bad part is that most employees cannot tell you how or why they do their job. Departments don't understand the company as a whole. The sales teams are antiquated with old and very clunky systems, the restructure of the sales group was not well communicated nor received. Staff members are not treated well by high level management or performers and it is sanctioned at the highest levels of the company.
Pros
relaxed, casual environment, friendly co-workers, jeans, POP division, incredible marketing department and event management.
Cons
Silos, lack of senior level communication, personality conflicts at management level impact lower level employees, not a meritocracy, passive agressive SVPs
Interesting, fun, exciting convention atmosphere
New York Comic Con Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I've worked at two New York Comic Con's as a Crew Member, and I absolutely love it. You have the chance to meet so many difference people and really delve into what makes the convention experience work, and hopefully make it a better time for all guests.

Want to know more about Reed Exhibitions?

Ask a question
dynamic work place with exposure to variou disciplines outside job description
DB Ops Manager/Business & Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2014
work day included regularly scheduled tasks, as well as ad hoc reporting and recommendation. My workday was very varied and included challenging task based on immediate needs. I enjoyed the exposure to different disciplines within the company. Having knowledge of different department's challenged enabled me to provide better recommendations. I enjoyed the travel to provide onsite support and help the registration department onsite as well as serve as exhibitor liaison for solve onsite challenges. The biggest lesson I took away was that interaction between all departments is necessary to move the needle of customer satisfaction and thus, increase and retention.
Pros
travel to support on site activities
Cons
none - i truly enjoyed my job
I miss working here
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 29, 2012
I truly enjoyed my years at Reed Exhibitions. I was able to gain knowledge of business and technology as well as develop excellent customer relationships; both internal and external. The environment at Reed was competitive and energetic. The hardest thing for me was to leave a job I truly loved due to a hectic travel schedule after having a child. I would recommend Reed Exhibitions as a great company to work for.
Pros
great opportunity for growth
Cons
travel for weeks at a time
Productive, family work environment, fun, energetic
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
I started my career at RX just after college and was there for 10 years. This is a company that allowed me to showcase my talents, rewarded me for it and made a constant effort to mentor and train me in my discipline while instilling company values and promoting best practice sharing
Innovative, global leader in event management
Event Director (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 9, 2012
Global leader - with career advancement opportunities and variety of industries served.
Productive trade show company.
Database Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2012
Reed Exhibitions provides a great jumpstart to any career.
Great company, was a leader in event planning
Sr Executive Asst to Incoming President (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 30, 2013
I was hired for a short term contract position, but ended up staying longer. Since there was not a lot of work, I often helped the HR and Finance department with their overload.

The people were great to work with.
Good company to work for but
sales (Former Employee) –  NorwalkJuly 21, 2014
Leadership is lacking. Lots of internal training which is not necessarily a good thing. Poor internal structure and antiquated systems...
Productive and great work environment
TAP Coordinator (Assistant Retail Manager) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Reed Exhibitions but due to the terminating of my position I was forced to find a new job.
Productive and Fun work environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 24, 2012
If you enjoy travelling and working being exposed to a variety of differnt industries Reed exhibitions is the best organization to work for.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 13, 2012
It's not common for people to love their job and the people they work with at the same time. At Reed, you don't only like the job but the people also.