Reed Exhibitions Employee Reviews

productive fun learning enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 26, 2017
excellent place for growth lots to learn great team work good people great managment team many new things to learn about room for growth they work with you and care
Creating Value
Event Director, INTERPHEX (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 24, 2017
Worked with creative, talented and dedicated employees to organize and manage trade and consumer events that deliver exceptional value for constituent communities.
Solid company
Sales Representative | New Business Development (Former Employee) –  383 Main Ave.June 15, 2017
I enjoyed my nine years at Reed. Some trade events do well and plenty of exhibitors to find and other smaller events could be a challenge. No regrets and have met some very good people along the way. solid company
Cons
Depends on what show you work on can make the difference
CSD lacks management skills!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 28, 2016
Reed isn't a bad company. I believe the current VP's of the company genuinely cares for all employees; sometimes they allow extra days off after certain holidays, massage therapy time, health wellness, picnics, etc. Now honestly I can't speak for all departments in Reed. Reed is a big company and I'm sure there are great leaders within this company. With that being said, the customer service department is a flop! the employees are not really the problem, it's those who manage that department. They are beyond immature! They'll allow their favorites to be off the phones while the very FEW staff they have work till they are burnt out. Instead of making that department a better environment, most of the time they just gossip at their little "island". That department would be so much better if it was under better management. Be aware!
Pros
Benefits, 9 to 5 Mon thru Fri, nice activities
Cons
Customer service management sucks, low pay
Travel Opportunity and Career Growth
Associate Marketing Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2016
Largest trade show and event organizer in the world. Lots of travel opportunities and career growth. Visibility into some of the largest brands in the world as well.
Sadly, there is an overwhelming amount of turn around and it begins to way on you.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
work life balance, salary, lack of professional training and burnout
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2016
Constant changing of management and what is expected of you. Never know what to expect or what management wants from you. Not a secure work evironment.
Great Learning Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 16, 2016
Reed was the first position in many years that was based in an office instead of working in an assigned sales territory. I learned a great deal about advertising and media sales and enjoyed the culture very much.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Reed. However, the management was incompatent and petty. They gave poor direction and I felt uncomfortable asking questions. While all of the temps were working hard the upper management was hardly working. The environment was very cliquey and I felt out of place. I wish the management was more inclusive and gave more direction. The Customer Service department was a dead end position.
Pros
lots of people my own age
Cons
short breaks, little pay
The people at Reed are great, it's a young, fun company to work for, but don't plan on meeting your career goals here.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 23, 2015
Overall, I loved the people but didn't like my job. The work life balance is what you make of it, they will slam you with work if you allow it. The pay is below average, but it's a good company to work for if you're just out of college.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Wonderful people to work with, difficult to grow professionally
Jr Project Manager, eBusiness (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 23, 2015
The people in my group and many of the groups I worked with are all hard working, courteous and professional. It makes the day to day much easier. There can be challenges because there are so many stakeholders involved in every idea and project with no process for evaluating or finalizing decisions. There is also little ability to grow professionally. Employees jump from lateral move to lateral move without ever getting promoted.
Interesting, fun, exciting convention atmosphere
New York Comic Con Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I've worked at two New York Comic Con's as a Crew Member, and I absolutely love it. You have the chance to meet so many difference people and really delve into what makes the convention experience work, and hopefully make it a better time for all guests.
Interesting product and service, Out of Touch Management
Events (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2015
The service that RX provides small to mid-sized businesses is astounding. They really can move the needle to affect great change in their profitability.

The bad part is that most employees cannot tell you how or why they do their job. Departments don't understand the company as a whole. The sales teams are antiquated with old and very clunky systems, the restructure of the sales group was not well communicated nor received. Staff members are not treated well by high level management or performers and it is sanctioned at the highest levels of the company.
Pros
relaxed, casual environment, friendly co-workers, jeans, POP division, incredible marketing department and event management.
Cons
Silos, lack of senior level communication, personality conflicts at management level impact lower level employees, not a meritocracy, passive agressive SVPs
I work with great people.
Customer Success Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2014
My typical day at work is coming in and giving it my all. I work hard to make sure I get everything done. One major thing I learned by working at Reed is alot about tradeshows and how they run. I work with great people.
Pros
Great to work here for 19 years and get the great benefits such as 4 weeks vacation.
Cons
I no longer would like to travel to the tradeshows to assistant at the events.
Productive, family work environment, fun, energetic
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
I started my career at RX just after college and was there for 10 years. This is a company that allowed me to showcase my talents, rewarded me for it and made a constant effort to mentor and train me in my discipline while instilling company values and promoting best practice sharing
Nice place to work and learn about trade show Management
Account Manager for Hosted Buyer Program (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2014
Enjoyed working on different Shows and working with the various team players.
Every show was different. Called and spoke to many clients regarding attending the shows. Most people were thrilled to be invited. Hardest part was if it was a new show and convincing them why it would be to their benefit to attend.

Enjoyed meeting attendees face to face at the shows and how they raved about how excellent and beneficial they were.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
No benefits as a contract person
Good company to work for but
sales (Former Employee) –  NorwalkJuly 21, 2014
Leadership is lacking. Lots of internal training which is not necessarily a good thing. Poor internal structure and antiquated systems...
dynamic work place with exposure to variou disciplines outside job description
DB Ops Manager/Business & Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2014
work day included regularly scheduled tasks, as well as ad hoc reporting and recommendation. My workday was very varied and included challenging task based on immediate needs. I enjoyed the exposure to different disciplines within the company. Having knowledge of different department's challenged enabled me to provide better recommendations. I enjoyed the travel to provide onsite support and help the registration department onsite as well as serve as exhibitor liaison for solve onsite challenges. The biggest lesson I took away was that interaction between all departments is necessary to move the needle of customer satisfaction and thus, increase and retention.
Pros
travel to support on site activities
Cons
none - I truly enjoyed my job
Pass
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 3, 2014
Very top heavy in management. People are not promoted on merit, but rather which VP you sidle up to. Many people fly under the radar for fear of angering the wrong person. Compensation was not on par for required workload.

I met some great people there, and they have become friends.
Marketing Associate for an event and tradeshow company across B2B and B2C brands
RPD Memorial Foundation (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT; NonprofitMarch 21, 2014
• Designed print and digital marketing campaigns across seven major trade show brands spanning both B2B and B2C
industry markets including ads, invitations, postcards, brochures, newsletters, onsite signage, and flyers
• Contributed to a 34% increase in attendee registration over previous year through analysis and reporting of email
Marketing campaigns and correspondence to over 100,000 attendee clients
• Leveraged competitive intelligence and marketplace trends to provide industry knowledge on how to increase brand
visibility within the social media space
• Handled special event logistics onsite for celebrity guest appearances and collaborated with television network
publicists to ensure the overall experience was managed efficiently and effectively as possible
• Managed the fulfillment of contract deliverables and established strong relationships with over 95 partnerships for
Jewelers Circular Keystone (JCK), New York Comic Con, PGA Expo, and UFC Tradeshows
Pros
marketing experience, fast-paced environments, project execution, marketing discipinary intelligence
Cons
management, training, prioritizing level of work load, company culture, compensation
Great company, was a leader in event planning
Sr Executive Asst to Incoming President (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 30, 2013
I was hired for a short term contract position, but ended up staying longer. Since there was not a lot of work, I often helped the HR and Finance department with their overload.

The people were great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed Exhibitions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9