REEDSBURG AREA MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIMay 30, 2015
Everyone at RAMC is so friendly, I currently work in the kitchen and it's like a second family. The co-workers and management are so welcoming, thoughtful, and caring. Communication is on point, can't work without it!! If it's not in-person communication someone either calls or leaves a note.
I am trained on just about every job in the kitchen. I love the hours. You're never out past 8pm on the night shift. You can pull a double and still come home and spend a little time with your family. Pay scale is great as well!!
The hardest part of working in the kitchen is how fast paced it is. I love it thought. I love the challenge. If you're behind, there is most always someone there to lend a helping hand, if you can't find a co-worker to help, management will come out. That's the best thing. I've never worked somewhere where the management is so hands on!!!
As long as you do your job correctly and know how to follow HIPPA and OSHA and you know how to keep your work area clean and organized (as this is a kitchen!!), APPLY! Working for the hospital is amazing!!
Pros
Benifits!!!, Pay, friendliness, compassion, 30 minute lunch with 8 hour shift, discounts!! Free GYM
Cons
shorter night shift, but the pay is higher.
Friendly environment with co-workers who care about other co-workers and guests
Dietary Department (Current Employee) –  ReedsburgJune 1, 2015
I have worked at the Reedsburg Area Medical Center in the dietary department for almost a year now and I love working for this organization. I work at the Senior Life Center and at the hospital so I am able to see both sides of the organization. One of the favorite parts of my job is having such a variety of duties so I never get bored. I love spending time with the residents at the Senior Life Center and providing delicious meals to our hospital patients. I was a little nervous starting my new job but luckily was provided with adequate training so I feel comfortable doing my job. If I have any questions, management and the other dietary aides in our department are always willing to answer questions. The hardest part of my job was learning how to prioritize tasks when we get busy but it seems to be getting easier with more experience. I love the benefits and even though I have worked here for less than a year, I still have enough benefit hours to be able to take off a few days to enjoy the summer. The organization values time away from work so much that every employee is required to take 5 consecutive days off in a row one time a year! Talk about a company the values work-home balance!
Pros
Benefit hours, Friendly co-workers
Very small hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WISeptember 10, 2015
It was a 25 bed hospital in a very sleepy little town in central Wisconsin and i was working third shift weekends (Baylor). The job was also 90 miles from home. It was mostly a miserable experience.
I learned a lot in the Cath Lab and Ambulatory care. Outstanding staff.
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIJuly 12, 2012
Loved working at Reedsburg Area Medical Center. I would loved to have stayed on but due to spouse re-location we moved on.
Great management and employees are appreciated.
Excellent place to work.
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Dewey St, Reedsburg, WI 53959August 27, 2013
Everyone is so nice to work with.
The hardest part of the job is that my last job was so fast paced,
that I have a hard time with slower pace. Time goes slower.
Management is excellent to work with as are the co-workers.
Pros
nice environment