Refresh Dental is one of the nation’s leading dental service organizations, providing affordable services from basic comprehensive care, to orthodontics and oral surgery, all under one roof and at a location close to you. We accept most dental insurance plans, and have flexible financing and payment options. Our goal is to make going to the dentist convenient with offices across Ohio and Pennsylvania. We have great dentists, the most amazing team, and state-of-the-art dental technology; making Refresh Dental the best option for healthier teeth and a happier you!
We currently have an opportunity at our Sylvania, OH location. In this position, you will focus on assisting the dentists, support team with patient care and treatment during their scheduled appointments.
The primary focus of this position will be to:
- Assist the dentist at the chair while they are engaged in any treatment of patients.
- Must anticipate dentist's needs and be prepared for next steps.
- Ensure all OSHA, Dental Board, and WDS policies and procedures are properly followed.
- Maintain proper patient treatment records.
- Ability to take Blood Pressure.
- Give pre- and post- operative instructions - within the limits designated by the dentist
- Provide oral hygiene instructions to the patient
- Turn on all units, switches, and water before patient sits down.
- Stocks supplies in operatories, restrooms, lab, etc. as needed.
- Informs Floor Supervisor when supplies need to be re-ordered.
- Informs Floor Supervisor of broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs all duties of a Sterilizer when deemed necessary.
- Ability to build good rapport with patients and staff.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or Six months on-the-job experience
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- CPR certification
- X-Ray Certification
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy
Refresh Dental offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment.