Refugee Services of Texas Employee Reviews

Great Place for Working
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Great people at all levels of the agency - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
The CEO and Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be.
I have never come across such agency who has all the great qualities of Culture, Management, Career Advancement …
Pros
Good training opportunity
It was a fun and productive.
An interpreter (Former Employee) –  texas, AmarilloApril 21, 2017
My job was wonderful and exciting because I gained more knowledge. I also get boosted my experience as work with different people, companies and courts.
Pros
many
Cons
zero
Would not recommend
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
You will be very overworked and very underpaid. I was told I would be writing for the company, but instead, I found myself mostly doing other people's jobs for them, and then watching them get credit for it. Some of the people working in the company are incredibly disrespectful and abusive, yet continue to get away with it even when it has been brought to the higher up's attention. The way some things are carried out are very inefficient and outdated, and no one wanted to fix them when I brought it up. I was pretty unhappy and unstimulated, and then I got laid off right before Christmas, after I had purchased all my travel arrangements and presents. :/
I am sure they will be downsizing more due to the political changes going on, so I can't blame them for that, it was just extremely inconvenient.
Pros
Great co-workers, excellent benefits, great to help others
Cons
Low pay, no opportunities for advancement, unstable
Rewarding in helping refugees start a new life in America
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 11, 2016
Working with refugees was very exciting as each family were different. When I started it was about helping refugees but it ended up about more money.
Pros
All staff members were passionate to help refugees
Cons
People hired in Administration that never worked with refugees making policies
Engergetic Place Full of Change
Refugee Medical Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2016
This place was always busy with its clients and worked hard to maintain a professional level of service to everyone that we served. Skills such as case managment and a knowledge of local social services was imperative for the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients themselves and to hear about their inspiring stories of how they came to America.
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 10, 2014
During the work day I see clients, complete intakes and notes. You do have to keep up with changes from the programs which happen regularly. Management is good, could use a little improvement on discipline. My co-workers are good.
Pros
Working with people from all around the world.
Cons
Co-workers are not properly trained.
Productive and Fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2013
I really love working there it was fun and productive . I did case management as an intern and also worked in different areas of the agency. I really enjoyed it . Every friday we had meeting time and I taught that was great.
Pros
volunteers
Cons
Limited resources
Great rewarding job.
MATCH GRANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston, Austin, AmarilloMarch 5, 2013
RST is a non profit resettlement/social service agency. They have a very diverse staff and great community support.