We are revolutionizing the food service industry and we need your help! Our app, Ambur, is a powerful yet easy to use point of sale app that is currently being used at hundreds of food service businesses in twenty six countries. Ambur is used by the staff to take orders, charge credit cards, run reports, manage inventory and much more. Ambur has been powering food service businesses since 2010.
Working on Ambur is a unique opportunity for an iOS developer – you get to work on an app that businesses use every day, that pushes the limits of what is possible on iOS in every way. Theming support without using UIAppearance, multithreaded Core Data on iOS 5, moving thousands of objects across a WiFi network, with an iOS device acting as a server, dynamically generated view controllers, method swizzling, maintaining an extensive data model in Core Data (over 20 entities and 200 properties), all on an app that remains rock solid over days of operation.
We've been in operation since 2010, and since then we've transformed from working out of an apartment, to a place in a technology incubator with ten employees on our sales and technology teams. We're based right outside of Buffalo, NY, and we're happy to allow candidates for the job to telecommute.
- working on parts of Ambur that mirror your strengths and interests as an iOS programmer
- writing stable, safe, production-ready code
- experience with Core Data and the Objective-C runtime
- experience with using Git for source control
- developed iOS applications (unreleased on the App Store is fine, but we'd like to see an example of your code)
- We're based in Amherst, NY (right outside Buffalo, NY)