Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group Employer Reviews

Easy job
Usher (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYDecember 12, 2014
It is an easy job. The hours can be very annoying working till 1am (3am some nights) and it being open 365 days a year means I need to work on Christmas day and other Holidays. The free movies are a nice perk however.
Decent Place to Work When Just Starting Out
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 10, 2014
A lot of nights and weekends, but a great first job. Really teaches you how to deal with a lot of people quickly, while also teaching how to defuse situations.
Corporate payroll guidelines make it difficult to have a sucessful day
Floor Staff - Interim General Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, ncDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free movies, flexible schedule
Cons: nights, weekends, holidays
Strict payroll guidelines made sure that almost every weekend we had to send home scheduled staff before the busiest part of the day.
Great benefits
First Assistant and Associate Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 2, 2014
Amazing benefits. 401k, medical, dental, vision. They know how to treat their management with great incentives. Opportunities available for advancement in the company.
Fun place to work part-time
Cast Member (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: free movies, concessions employee discounts
Cons: not enough hours to give out
Fun place to work part-time as long as you're not relying on the job to pay your rent. It's the easiest job I've ever had. You can work in the box office, the concession stand, or as an usher doing theatre and bathroom checks. There is always someone to ask if you have any issues or questions.
fun at first...
floor staff (Current Employee), UA La CanadaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: awful, rude, grumpy, god complex customers
at the beginning it is a fun job, you get free movies its a flexible work schedule. not many chances for you to move up in the company and pay isn't nearly worth it once you start getting those picky customers .management is pretty good for the most part only annoying thing is that if you will tell a customer no outside drinks a manager will apologize – more... and let them in half the time making you look bad. – less
Amazing benefits and great employee care
Customer Service (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 8, 2014
Pros: free movies and great benefits
Cons: not all employees complete the tasks they are given
The company does as much if not more business in the 2-3 months for the Holiday season as the rest of the year. The holiday season is very hectic and needs an employee, such as myself, who can handle stress. I deal with customers on the phone and through email. The most enjoyable part of this job is the amazing employee care that Regal provides. The – more... hardest part of the job is accomplish all tasks at the busy peak in the year. There are only 4 total employees, including myself to get everything to run smoothly. – less
Once a good job; now a dead end job.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: part-time hours; no insurance benefits.
I have worked for Regal Entertainment Group for 4 years and I just cannot work for them anymore. It's a dead end, no-win situation. Regal refuses to pay for Obamacare; so they do what a lot of companies are doing nowadays....cutting hours and cancelling employees insurance benefits. I started out as a Full-Time employee but now I'm barely getting 30 – more... hours. – less
Depending on management can be either a great place to work, or not so much. Also, your attitude plays a great role as well
Floor staff (Current Employee), San Jacinto, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free movies, half-price concession items, free posters
Cons: messy theaters, rude customers, that gross concoction of trash we call regal juice
Honestly, if you like movies, it's a great job. I've worked at two different theaters and the management has made the biggest difference. Most of the job duties include working the concession stand, cleaning theaters and bathrooms, selling tickets, or standing at the door. Management at my old San Jacinto theater was outstanding and I became friends – more... with them, the Ontario theater however, while being pretty easy-going has one or two managers that take the job a little too seriously. Co-workers (With an exception or two) have been amazing and I've made some very good friends with some of them. Most of them are also very competent at their jobs. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unruly customers at times or just having to sit and work the door. The best part of the job is getting to see parts of movies for free, then you can know if you want to actually see it or not. – less
Not ideal for parents
Lead Associate Manager- LA LIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2014
Awesome job, but working nights, holidays and weekends not ideal for a parent trying to raise a kid. Good benefits and decent pay.
The Fun Doesn't Last
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Estero, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free popcorn & movies, few responsibilities
Cons: low wages, low mgmt turniver, miserable customers
This is a great first part time job, or second job if you are only looking for a few extra hours. Any more than that and you realize why the managers are so miserable. You will be answering the same questions and handling the same complaints daily.
My advice is to move on quickly.
Free Movies
Cashier/Box Office Clerk (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: needs better managment
6 hour Shifts, Free popcorn, Free movie tickets. Best job for a 16 year old.
Great place to work, good management and free movies
Senior Usher (Former Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free movies, management and employees
Cons: pay
Fun place to work with good people. Managers genuinely care and want to help, although the pay was very low. Free movies is a benefit of that, and good at getting requests for time off.
Great place for experience with customers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free movies, 50% off discount at concessions
Cons: can only work 30 hours in 2 weeks
While working here I learned how to deal with customers and my co-workers, the management was great and really taught me how to do my work. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, they were really kind to me and mainly trained me in my job. My first day behind concessions this guy made me get his popcorn and I had no idea what to do. It took me about – more... 3 minutes. Now I am able to complete an order and its transaction in less than 30 seconds. – less
It was great to work at NCG
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: no healthcare
Days at NCG were enjoyable. Quite possibly the best company Ive worked for.
Great summer job that made it through the year
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
typical day - counting cash drawers and preparing the concesions and box office for business
what I learned - inventory, customer handling and management skills
co-worker - summer work force and some first time job holders
hardest part of the job - bouncing between responsibilities
most enjoyable - diversity of the people and tasks
Busy work environment with advancement possibilities
Floor Staff (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free movies
The hardest part of the job would be accommodating unsatisfied customers on a daily basis.
Good place to advance in career
General Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Worked here for 13 years and mostly enjoyed it. Can be long hours sometimes but overall a good place to work. If you work hard and are dependable you can advance if that's what you want.
Regal Entertainment Group
Cashier for concession and box office (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FlSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free movies, work hours
Cons: pay
It was definitely a great experience to get an opportunity to have this job as my first job. It was always fun competing in contest.
Good company for high school and college students
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers become friends
Cons: open 365 days a year, limited benefits, low salary
Good job for high school and college students. Not an ideal career after college. Flexible work hours and friendly co-workers. Over the years, the company became more concerned with the bottom line rather than keeping employees satisfied. High turnover.

1 2 3 4 5

About Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group hopes to create loyal subjects out of fickle movie-goers. The largest theater owner and exhibitor in – Read more

Regal Entertainment Group Photos