Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great people, awesome place to work. Lots of fun
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2016
I would go in at 10 am to open concessions and prepare the food. My managers were great people that taught me a lot and were very pleasant to work with. I learned a variety of customer service skills and how one should speak to a customer. One of the greatest skills I feel I have learned was on how to choose my words carefully and what tone to use . My co workers were also great and friendly. The best part of my job was when we would get very occupied with over 200 customers at the same time. I loved pushing myself and challenging myself to see how efficient and fast I could serve my customers so they can watch their movies.
Excellent place to start working
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, staff was friendly, managers understanding and fun to work with. decent pay, easy job. Great for college or highschool students that need a part time job. Free movie tickets.
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
No benefits
Productive place
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 27, 2016
Management goes above and beyond to help customers. Customers are always happy when there is issue because it gets resolved as soon as possible with a smile.
Busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 25, 2016
I set up concession stand preparing food, together. I learned it is a lot different working with the public verses working in a school. The hardest part of the job is picking up heavy boxes. The best part of the job is meeting new people every day.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no health coverage
Where I learned to manage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeastern, PAJune 25, 2016
I learned how to manage time in a realistic manner with this company. Since you were dealing with product that start and finish times. When you are at a well run movie theater,you'll never know how many people are truly in the building.
When working at the theater you had to be two or steps ahead to make sure you were not caught off guard weather,staffing and attendance were all things that went into a typical day.
The hardest things were the unknowns such as unruly patrons,police,fire emergencies and equipment malfunctions.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Weekend Staffing
Productive , fun enthusiastic environment
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 19, 2016
Typically I would come in they would tell me where they needed me.There was a lot of focus on team work and even though you were assigned one job we all helped out each other with whatever we needed to release some strain. I worked the usher stadium and also concessions mostly. The management truthfully did not have that much respect for the staff but some were nice. I loved my co workers we were like a little family and instantly became friends! The hardest part of the job may have been the rushes of people that would come all at once for the movies but I leaned to operate under that pressure and soon it became second nature. The most enjoyable part of the job was just having one because I really enjoyed my coworkers and I was making money and of course the free movies haha.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
late hours
Regal
Usher (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJune 17, 2016
It was a fun place to work. My first official job, so it was a nice place to actually get comfortable with working in the adult force.
Pros
Team players, nice staff
Productive and fun; comes with arcade and free popcorn
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be handling tickets for customers and serving concession items for customers before, during and even after movie. I learned how to manage money, manage draws, handle food content such as popcorn and nachos, learned how to shut down/start up machinery. Management was efficient, co-workers had a tight bond and were efficient. The hardest part of the job was summer movies for a $1 with the day-cares. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to discuss common popular movies with eager customers.
Pros
Free movies, free popcorn, free beverages, collectable items and posters
Cons
stressful packed days, system malfunctions, short breaks
Great staff, good perks
Cashier/Usher (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJune 16, 2016
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Your jobs here may include tearing tickets and directing people to theaters, working a cash register, or cleaning movie theaters. The job comes with free movies and discounts at the concessions.
Pros
Plenty of jobs to keep busy with, great staff, free movies, flexible hours
Cons
Hectic at times, some bathroom cleaning
Fantastic job environment.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 15, 2016
I loved working at Regal because of the sense of family. When I got hired, I was being hired along side several other new employees, so no one but the managers really had superiority over any one of us. We all grew together and got to know each other very well. It made the job environment not only work better and more efficiently, but we also depended on each other and trusted each other as a team.
Pros
Free movies, discounted concessions, teamwork.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Loved the people I worked with
Usher/Consession/Box¬†Office (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 12, 2016
I am very easy to get along with and that really helps in the work place because when you can enjoy working with people it makes going to work that much better.
Pros
Enjoyed going to work.
Cons
Great staff and comfortable work enviornment
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 11, 2016
-A typical day at work was continuous and busy, but always fun and enjoyable. Great coworkers and managers.
-I learned how to make transactions with money and count a money drawer. Special rules a regulations for Regal Cinemas.
-Management was amazing. Always level headed and productive under pressure.
-Hardest part of the job was the fast pace of everything. Always on the move to please the public and meet company deadlines.
-The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I was working with and the patrons I got to converse with along the day.
Pros
Fun and reliable coworkers
it was ok
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 10, 2016
you were to stay by the register at all times, you did not do any kind customer service, you sent them to a manager no matter what they needed. I learned that I missed doing customer service.
It's definitely a good job for high school kids.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2016
This isn't the kind of job you stay in forever, unless you want this job forever. It's an easy job but it is a very busy job. It's also a cool perk to get free movies.
Fun
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  SpokaneJune 8, 2016
Very fun flexible job some people only work once a week or month. some managers you hate but most are decent. free movies and 50% off concessions.
Pros
Free Movies 50% off concessions
Cons
Short Breaks, one bad manager.
Good Starter Job, Horrible Company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJune 8, 2016
Regal Cinemas is a great company to work for only if you

-Plan on staying only a year
-Need a 1st job
-Love seeing a lot of movies

However, working for Regal long-term is not feasible.

Let's start with the most obvious problem: pay. Regal starts employees out at minimum wage just like similar jobs. However, what's extremely bad here is that the MAXIMUM pay raise for an entry level employee for a FULL YEAR of employment with a good review is a pitiful $0.15. That is ridiculous even for the category of which this company exists. If you get promoted to manager, you receive a decent pay bump of 3 bucks, but still only get a pay raise of $0.25 if you're lucky.

Another problem with this company is that the higher-ups allow very minimal staffing. Their metrics for evaluating business-to-work hours is outdated and short-sided. With such minimal staffing, it can be extremely difficult to cut down backed-up lines. This causes stress on the employees who then blame the managers. Managers, already having stress from the minimal staffing, then have to hear about it from the employees and customers alike. This is all so regal can save a few bucks on paper. This is short-sided on their part because they refuse to acknowledge intangible benefits. Benefits of this nature can be just as important as tangible ones.

I could go on and on about the shenanigans of the corporate office. Whether it be shady business practices or unfair treatment, regal is a horrible company to work for long-term simply because of the corporate mentality it has. Regal can be good and even fun to
  more... work for it you're under 19. However, after that, you are just being underpaid for doing all of the corporate office's dirty work.

4/10
Pros
Free tickets, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, minimal allowed hours for staffing, very poor pay & opportunities for raises, poor management, greedy and shameless corporate office
Great First Job
Usher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
It's a great first job to have, your coworkers will be amazing. Sometimes your managers will be cool to. At times the job can be demanding and stressfull. People call out and you can be understaffed and still expected to do all your duties and more. Free movies but u still had to pay for snacks. The company tries to make employees happy but, you will really be underpaid for all the work you do. Cleaning up bathrooms and huge theatres, dealing with rude and unreasonable customers.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay, No free Snacks
Productive workplace with great managment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2016
As a cast member for my local Regal theatre, I would clean, help customers, handle money, and prepare food. Management was super friendly and helpful whenever you needed advice or help. The hardest part was lifting the heavy inventory bags on occasion. The most enjoyable part of the job, was talking with customers.
hard work, not a lot of hours, entertaining
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 7, 2016
I loved this job but the hours were hard to get, pay was low, benefits non existent unless you were salary. I would do one of three things on any given day, clean theaters, sell concession, or sell tickets. Management was average. They would be present but they would only take care of problems when they got severe. It was hard to get help when night were busy and it was even harder to locate most of them because they were always disappearing when they were needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work in a fast paced environment. Every day was different and it kept you on your toes.
Pros
free movies, mornings off normally since they don't operate until midday and evenings
Cons
little pay, short shifts, always being sent home early to cut hours
Fun group of people, free movies
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 6, 2016
The people are great, you get free movies, it's just not a super FUN job. It closes really late, but you don't have to be available then if you don't want. Sometimes there's crazy rushes.
Pros
Free movies
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.