Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Poor Management
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work was really busy and to add to that managers were breathing down our necks most of the time. I did learn a great number of things like time management, diligence, and customer service. Management was poor and needed refinement. Coworkers were great but there was also a great deal of drama due to relations. Hardest part of the job was the heat, and the most enjoyable part was the free movies
Reasons why you'd like it here
Concessionist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 28, 2016
I have been working at Regal for almost 9 months now and I love it. if you want a job and still in high school they will give it to you. My managers are amazing people and work hard.. customers can be so nasty and they come and help. my typical day at work is usually in concession where the food and soda is sold, on a weekend usually three co workers and I are back there and we do our job but we also have fun. a lot of us just graduated or are about to and everyone gets along and its just a great time. I've learn so many people skills and how to handle different types of people. management at my regal is a 10/10 easily.. everyone thinks managers have it easy but they work so hard. my co-workers are amazing, everyone helps everyone. some are lazy but we know who to avoid. the hardest part about the job is dealing with rude ignorant people, that's the only thing hard, nothing else. most enjoyable is making new friends and allowing customers to have a great night out with friends or family or even alone by making their stay comfortable.
Pros
free movies, discounts, meet amazing people.
Cons
just greeting your name to customers
Perfect job for school flexibility.
Lead Box Office/Concession Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2016
Management needs to focus on their employees and care for them. The cast members have more attention than the management.
An excellent first job and an industry leader in film exhibition.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 26, 2016
My favorite thing about REG is the fact that my company stands behind delivering premium customer service. That has become quite rare. I know if I find a solution that will help exceed a guests' expectations, my company will stand with me.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Compensation packages.
Movies are the best part
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 26, 2016
sometimes it was gloomy attitude at the theater and sometimes it was happy, some workers were rude and some nice. typical day at work was so long and people would never want to cooperate
Pros
free movies
Cons
no free food
Lenient Managers, but too much work for too little money.
Atlantic Station ­Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
A typical day at work is exhausting, and mind-draining. I have learned how to bite my tongue for rude customers. The managers and nice. My co-worker are, oftentimes, unprofessional. The hardest part of my day is the rush hours, which is my entire shift. The most enjoyable part, of course, is going home.
Pros
Free Movie Tickets
Cons
Everything Else
Productive, freindly working enviorment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 25, 2016
Amazing business, amazing management, good benefits, holidays off. The customers were very respectful and employees got free movie tickets.
Pros
Free males, amazing management
Cons
Pay didn't meet financial needs.
fun place to work
Concessions Worker (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAAugust 24, 2016
Opening and getting the day started , products and sales and working with the public, management could be better, most co workers are young and have no desire to really work hard, hardest part of job is not getting problems solved or fixed in appropriate manner, the most enjoyable part of my day is when customers come in looking for me
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no healthcare
good company for young teens & managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 23, 2016
Regal Entertainment Group is a clean and well managed movie theatre. I enjoyed all my co workers and management. as it was my first job when I was 16 I learned responsibility and lots of customer service techniques
Pros
free movies
Cons
long shifts until midnight
Fun environment and fast pace work
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 23, 2016
Working at Regal Entertainment is a good job for people to have as their first job. It's a job meant for people between the ages of 16-18. Pay isn't that great but it's a good learning experience.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay
Fun part time work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 22, 2016
Working at Regal is a fun job if you are going to school at the same time. There is no room for improvement after a point. Just had a new Associate management change. They have new Associate managers and they aren't train well enough. There is a lot of free time from work, so you can have a social life. The job culture is pretty neat. There is no benefits if you are part time. The only people that get benefits are the General manager and Assistant manager.
Pros
Free moives
Cons
Lack of management skills
Fun workplace and flexible with school schedule
Usher (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2016
I enjoy working at Regal Entertainment Group. The staff is quite friendly and we all work as a team to meet our goal each shift. Management does a great job in helping the staff during difficult times and make each work day fun but productive. The amount of hours one would get depends on if it will be a busy weekend or not. It can be 15 hours one week to 30 hours the following week, depending on your position there. It is not a steady income to rely on. Despite the cons, the most enjoyable part of this job is the workplace relationships with the other coworkers that make this an exciting place to be at.
Pros
Coworkers and friendly environment
Cons
unreliable amount of hours each week
If you like free movies
Projection Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 21, 2016
Great part time job, especially if you like movies. Doesn't pay well but the free movies are well worth it. Have to work a lot of nights, weekends and holidays.
Very active and productive workplace
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
Everyday is very different, and I was always in for something new. It would either be super busy, or super dead. I sometimes I would work 12 hours sometimes i would only work 2 hours. Very wishy washy.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace with lots of friendly people.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working here! I learned many things working here, Management were great, friendly people. My co-workers was one of the best parts working here, I loved working with every single one of them. One of the hardest parts of the job I would say is sometimes we would be understaffed and have a whole lot of customers come in and try and get everybody through concessions quickly as possible and into their movies. I would say the best part of the job is to get to watch free movies on your off days.
Pros
Free movies, great people, and a long lunch
Cons
Understaffed sometimes when big rushes come in.
Fun place to work, with the right people
Alaska - Cast member (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 19, 2016
Interacting with customers on a daily basis. Upper management is constantly working against you and forget acknowledgement for ideas and good work ethic. But day to day mangers are outgoing and fun. Many rude customers but you learn to pick your battles. hardest part was probably doing con. when we get new movies. But its so worth it when you get your two free movie tickets a day:)
Pros
food discoun, movie tickets
Cons
constant work with late breaks due to lines at times
Productive fun fast paced
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 19, 2016
start the day stocking prepping for the rush. doing theatre check, opening and closing facility counting safe and prepping cash registers
Pros
Discount on food free movies
Cons
Short break, hours cut
Standard High School Job.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 16, 2016
Most co-workers were nice, some of them were either difficult to get along with or unpleasant to work with. Management was the same way.
Wonderful place to work, but needs improvements
Movie Theater Usher (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 15, 2016
Work during the week is typically very slow, not many people come to the movie theater during weekdays. Unfortunately, that usually means that people will get sent home and not get many work hours. However, weekends are usually extremely busy and best time to get all your hours.

The best part of the job would be that we get to see free movies and get discounted food and free drinks.
Pros
Free movies and discounted food
Cons
Only get a break if you work more than 6 hours, not many benefits, and there is no consistant work schedule/
Good first job
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAAugust 15, 2016
You learn a ton of customer service skills here. Unfortunately you do not have a set schedule so hours may very, making it very hard to plan anything, but the job is flexible.

2.9