Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group United States Employee Reviews

LOVED THIS PLACE
part time cast member (Former Employee), Dublin CaliforniaMarch 4, 2015
Honestly my favorite manual labor job the mangers are cool and flexible with your hours.
always understanding and the perks to working at the movie....Free movies, It doesnt get much better than that
fun, busy
cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free movies, discounts on concessions
Cons: long work hours, very busy, work almost until 2 am
Working at a movie theater was an experience! It was fun getting to usher because you can get glimpses of some of the movies, also you get two free movie tickets to see any movie and that's always great! Its a great job to have while in high school.
Not invested in their employees
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Bend, ORFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: underpayed and misstreated
CEO and shareholder driven environment. Making to hard to satisfy customer needs. This company under staffs it's building. to reduce it's over all payroll and in turn short changing the guests. It's great that the CEO gets a half a million raise every year and that the shareholders see an increase profit. but their driving away customers!
Good for minimum wage
Usher/Concessionaire (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: on your feet, manual labor, not valued by management
As most minimum wage jobs are, the work here is monotonous and labor-intensive. Workers are not highly valued, and promotions are few and far between, sometimes going to workers whom others are surprised to see promoted. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for hours on end, but it's nice to enjoy free movies.
Exciting and fun workplace with great co-workers
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: limited hours
A typical day at Regal Entertainment Group entailed opening or closing the theater for business. This included distribution of cash, preparing projection booth and concession stand, and ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience. Work came in "rushes" that lasted an hour or so when all movies began and ended.

Working at Regal was an amazing first job. It taught a great sense of teamwork and responsibility. The associate's responsibilities are pretty light and allow for a great environment to learn and grow. The management staff had a relatively high turnover rate, but the managers that did stay long term were great leaders and mentors, and created a stable work environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that worked there. I've maintained very close friendships with many of my past co-workers. The benefit of free movies was also a great appeal. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing company procedure. Through the years of my employment there were numerous changes in how the company thought it was best to budget their employee's time.
Life at Regal
Floor Staff Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: regular co workers are friendly
Cons: pay and mangement
Not a good place to work.
A lot of work and not much pay.
Managers act like H.S students instead of managers.
All the work is put off for other staff members to do.
Managers are rude.
General Manager is incompetent.
Pay is minimum wage for at least a year before you qualify for a raise.
You are subjected to harrassment by the higher ups
Productive & fun workplace, great staff & management, positive work environment
Cinema Staff Member (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly & positive environment, great staff, great management, shows how a business involving team work really should be run, free movies, concession discounts
Cons: starts out with minimum wage, no benefits
Regal Entertainment Group is an excellent place to work. Although it starts at minimum wage, there is always room to move up if you truly want to and make the efforts that you should to improve the theater and your work environment. It is such a fun place to be, it is just about impossible to leave without a smile on your face every day or night that you work. Everyone is so versatile and friendly. Certain theatres are better than others, but the one I work at is fantastic. I would suggest this job to anyone, especially highschool kids just starting out. It is a wonderful place to get experience and truly see how a work environment should be as well as your attitude towards all of your work life's endeavors. All the while you may not start out with much, hours are always promising and they are always willing to work with you on everything as long as you yourself are reasonable. It is a wonderful place to work.
Manager (Former Employee), Forest Hills, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: healthcare
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the team meeting. We than plan out the day based on how many employees are scheduled and the amount of business we typically have for that day. The hardest part working as a manager at a movie theatre is we are sometimes caught off guard with the amount of business we might have. Nonetheless coworkers and I are able to have our game plan set up due to the meeting we have prior opening. The best part of working at Regal is our ability to work as a team and make quick decisions that are needed to improve our business.
Easy job
Usher (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYDecember 12, 2014
It is an easy job. The hours can be very annoying working till 1am (3am some nights) and it being open 365 days a year means I need to work on Christmas day and other Holidays. The free movies are a nice perk however.
Decent Place to Work When Just Starting Out
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 10, 2014
A lot of nights and weekends, but a great first job. Really teaches you how to deal with a lot of people quickly, while also teaching how to defuse situations.
Corporate payroll guidelines make it difficult to have a sucessful day
Floor Staff - Interim General Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, ncDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free movies, flexible schedule
Cons: nights, weekends, holidays
Strict payroll guidelines made sure that almost every weekend we had to send home scheduled staff before the busiest part of the day.
Great benefits
First Assistant and Associate Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 2, 2014
Amazing benefits. 401k, medical, dental, vision. They know how to treat their management with great incentives. Opportunities available for advancement in the company.
Fun place to work part-time
Cast Member (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: free movies, concessions employee discounts
Cons: not enough hours to give out
Fun place to work part-time as long as you're not relying on the job to pay your rent. It's the easiest job I've ever had. You can work in the box office, the concession stand, or as an usher doing theatre and bathroom checks. There is always someone to ask if you have any issues or questions.
fun at first...
floor staff (Current Employee), UA La CanadaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: awful, rude, grumpy, god complex customers
at the beginning it is a fun job, you get free movies its a flexible work schedule. not many chances for you to move up in the company and pay isn't nearly worth it once you start getting those picky customers .management is pretty good for the most part only annoying thing is that if you will tell a customer no outside drinks a manager will apologize and let them in half the time making you look bad.
Amazing benefits and great employee care
Customer Service (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 8, 2014
Pros: free movies and great benefits
Cons: not all employees complete the tasks they are given
The company does as much if not more business in the 2-3 months for the Holiday season as the rest of the year. The holiday season is very hectic and needs an employee, such as myself, who can handle stress. I deal with customers on the phone and through email. The most enjoyable part of this job is the amazing employee care that Regal provides. The hardest part of the job is accomplish all tasks at the busy peak in the year. There are only 4 total employees, including myself to get everything to run smoothly.
Once a good job; now a dead end job.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: part-time hours; no insurance benefits.
I have worked for Regal Entertainment Group for 4 years and I just cannot work for them anymore. It's a dead end, no-win situation. Regal refuses to pay for Obamacare; so they do what a lot of companies are doing nowadays....cutting hours and cancelling employees insurance benefits. I started out as a Full-Time employee but now I'm barely getting 30 hours.
Depending on management can be either a great place to work, or not so much. Also, your attitude plays a great role as well
Floor staff (Current Employee), San Jacinto, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free movies, half-price concession items, free posters
Cons: messy theaters, rude customers, that gross concoction of trash we call regal juice
Honestly, if you like movies, it's a great job. I've worked at two different theaters and the management has made the biggest difference. Most of the job duties include working the concession stand, cleaning theaters and bathrooms, selling tickets, or standing at the door. Management at my old San Jacinto theater was outstanding and I became friends with them, the Ontario theater however, while being pretty easy-going has one or two managers that take the job a little too seriously. Co-workers (With an exception or two) have been amazing and I've made some very good friends with some of them. Most of them are also very competent at their jobs. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unruly customers at times or just having to sit and work the door. The best part of the job is getting to see parts of movies for free, then you can know if you want to actually see it or not.
Not ideal for parents
Lead Associate Manager- LA LIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2014
Awesome job, but working nights, holidays and weekends not ideal for a parent trying to raise a kid. Good benefits and decent pay.
The Fun Doesn't Last
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Estero, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free popcorn & movies, few responsibilities
Cons: low wages, low mgmt turniver, miserable customers
This is a great first part time job, or second job if you are only looking for a few extra hours. Any more than that and you realize why the managers are so miserable. You will be answering the same questions and handling the same complaints daily.
My advice is to move on quickly.
Free Movies
Cashier/Box Office Clerk (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: needs better managment
6 hour Shifts, Free popcorn, Free movie tickets. Best job for a 16 year old.

About Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group hopes to create loyal subjects out of fickle movie-goers. The largest theater owner and exhibitor in – Read more

Regal Entertainment Group Salaries