Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the search
It's a job
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2017
Typically one would work on weekends and holidays because that is the requirement of the job. Normally working 8 hours a shift however it is annoying when they cut your shift. The job is not easy and the customers do not make it easier.
Pros
free movies
Cons
short breaks
Yeah its a good place to work and the management os great and really flexible hours
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 9, 2017
It's a good job if you've never had one and the management is really good and really flexible scheduling overall it's pretty layed back .the only doen side is that not many people want to cover shifts.
Pros
Free movie tickects and 50% off the food
Cons
People trying to cover your shift
Awesome Place to work
Waterford Lakes - Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2017
I have been working for Regal over 15 years and I love it! The people are great and the company and wage is fair.

Typical work day takes to you every aspect of theatre operations from Customer Service, Cash handling, inventory control, merchandising, technical issues, customer disputes, human resources, everything. Regal managers are typically jacks of all trades as I'd imagine most managers have to be.

My boss is great and the company strives to evolve with the times and treat people well.

The only bad part about it is working nights and weekends however your schedule is pretty flexible so if you need something off you can probably get it. Of course all locations run differently depending on the GM you have but I have been blessed.
Benefits
Cons
Nights and Weekends
Just something to get out the house and do.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2017
I was taught, if you do not have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all. So, there is nothing nice that I have to say therefore I have nothing to say, except this.
Fun to work
Excellent Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Landing, NJJuly 8, 2017
Fun to work and very easy, but the pay is quite low and would be much better if it started at $9 / hour at least. The managers are very nice, they can easily work around your schedule if needed. There is free movies and half off concessions.
Pros
free movies and half off concessions
Cons
low pay
Great people to work with but poor scheduling choices
convenient customer service (Former Employee) –  Arnot Mall 10, Theater 1730July 7, 2017
For most, a typical day at work would be a few short hours (normally 3-4) with a huge hustle of people that were normally rude and complained about prices. I learned many cleaning practices and how to keep people happy with great customer service and safe and clean facilities and food. Management, for the most part, was friendly and understanding, but General Management was a hassle to get a hold of and communicate with properly on a daily basis.
Pros
Great employees, workplace benefits and management
Cons
unfortunate and frequent misunderstandings with scheduling
Great workplace and great people.
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 6, 2017
During the weekdays or Mondays-Thursdays the days are pretty slow and laid back until around 6:30pm to about 7:45pm. Weekends, Fridays-Sundays, are always a lot busier, always full of people and requests. During my time I've learned valuable people skills and money handling. In terms of management I would never complain. Every manager there is always able to handle every situation that comes to them and the ones that we as employees still cant handle ourselves. The hardest part of the job if I am to be honest is to just talk with the customer. To not sound like a machine when asking them questions or just asking if they need anything else even though the most certainly shouldn't spend anymore. The most enjoyable part is the feeling of family. When the rush of people finally slows down and we can all take a breather. Because then we can finally start closing and head home. Overall working at the Regal isn't such a bad idea if you just wanna few extra bucks.
Pros
Free movies, and discounted food.
Cons
Schedule is sometimes ignored.
Fun
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2017
Had so much fun working there. Great for a first job. Easy to move up if the will is there. When all the movies were playing, youre able to get a rest to breathe.
fun & high energy typical day
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2017
spending about 4 to 5 hours a night cleaning I enjoyed it because its easy work plus I enjoy working with others. a regular day at work consist of joking hard working and ends with relief. its real a basic job and I can adapt easily so there was no hard parts once I learned the routine.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no breaks due to the amount of hours worked per day.
Organized and structured workplace
Associate serving and making food (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2017
A typical workday at regal entertainment groups requires patience and organization. I am either selling selling tickets or working in their concession stand. No matter where I am working, I am on time and do my best to please the costumer at hand.
Ok place to work
Usher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
I feel that the hours are inconsistentI feel like they don't offer any good benefits I also feel that some of the managers are incompetent to even be managers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Gotta start somewhere
Usher (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 5, 2017
I'm very Thankful that regal employeed me 4 years ago. I love the managers and my fellow employees but I cant stand the customers. They are the only reason I dont like that job
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Terrible customers
Good movies become fast days
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJuly 4, 2017
Typically morning shifts are very slow, even when good movies are out but when a movie like Jurassic World comes out, or Star Wars, the entire theater becomes a mess and everyone has to speed up. This is good and bad, mostly bad, because good in the sense that time isn't an issue, you never feel bored or too relaxed but bad because the quick pace can be sometimes overwhelming to newer members and even older members.
Fun workplace, but lacking in opportunity.
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 2, 2017
Only in very rare circumstances does the chance arise to advance. Otherwise, this is strictly an entry level job, with potential raises coming about only one every year.
Pros
Free movies, half-off concessions
Cons
Lack of compassion for workers
Great
Box Office Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 2, 2017
*Learn a lot of basics for other jobs.
*Only one of the managers bad sometimes. The others are chill and nice as can be, helpful, and easy to talk to.
*Basically your typical work place.
*Hardest part is cleaning some of the larger auditoriums depending on how busy we are.
*Your co workers are great people to work with and be around.
Pros
Free tickets, free drinks with your own cup when you're working, half off concession
Cons
Slightly low pay & sorta short breaks.
Good Company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 2, 2017
This company is good a company to work for and they offer many perks for their employees such as free movies. However, as a manager this company expects a lot out of you like long hours. Night shift can go til 2 am.
Pros
free movies
Cons
short breaks and long hours
Great place to learn customer service
Usher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
This was a summer job. It was a great place to gain customer service experience. Friendly atmosphere. Not what I wanted as a career though. Working there also taught me how to work well with others.
Good entry level job
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 1, 2017
Regal is a very large company with a strong work culture put into place. I got very lucky and worked under managers that were fun and caring but that does not go for all managers at other regals.
Good for movie buffs
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJuly 1, 2017
This job is very fast paced at times and then gets super slow. The best part of the job are the free movies and the concession discounts. Highly suggest for a first job.
Horrid place to work, bad management.
Floor Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 30, 2017
Constant "communication errors" between everyone. General Manager, to Assistant Managers, and the Floor staff. Disgusting and unpleasant work environment.
Pros
50% off concessions, and two free movie passes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9