Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group Employer Reviews

Awesome place to work if you enjoy having fun
Shift leader (Former Employee), Medina, OHDecember 14, 2013
Pros: free movies for you and family members. awesome fun place to work
Cons: low pay, usually always minimum, raise is usually ten cents after a year of working there.
Depending on where you work you can have a lot of fun. During the week it can be extremely boring and lame with close to no customers coming in at all sometimes. However, when its really busy it is a lot of fun! It was almost as if the more work there was to do the more fun it was to be working. The management is usually very awesome and usually treat – more... their employees as family members rather than employees they can bark orders to. The hardest part of the job is making sure you have fun even when its boring. You just need to find something to do and managers will see that youre still working even when there is no work to really do. The most enjoyable part would be working in concession and or usher because you can seriously have a blast if you just learn to smile! – less
strenuous manual labor and highly exploitive
Supervisor/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Forest Hills, NYDecember 13, 2013
repetative and tedious environmentlacking notions of professionalism
It was great to work here, i had an amazing time working with my coworkers
Cashier/Floor Staff (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: 35 min break
Working here was fun I must say. You get to meet different people and they are very nice and friendly. Managers are very nice and help you get extra hours. A typical day at work will be on the cash register, clean, do inventory to fill up your station. I would had laughs with coworkers and thats about it.
Love the theater
Floor Staff (Former Employee), El Cajon, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, people, movies
Cons: stupid customers, messy theaters, deal with trash a lot
Great work environment with good management. Loved the people I worked with and the job wasn't too hard. The benefits were great! Free movies, popcorn, soda, and discount on all the food! Bomb job!
Great People
Sales / Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee), San Bernardo, CADecember 5, 2013
•Costumer service with food orders
•Working with register and service at then concession stand counting out the money before my shift started
•Restocking cabinets with cups, lids straws
•Cooking food
•During closing I would do the dishes, clean the counter, sweep, mop and other chores to keep the place nice and neat
fun work place with place for growth
Cast Member (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free movies and popcorn
Cons: tough crowds on holidays and weekends
Regal theaters in general must have come around quite a bit since 2006. My location is gorgeous and clean, and all others in the Knoxville area are kept in clean condition. Some theaters are fancier than others, but all are well-maintained. The prices are high, but this is true for any movie theater in 2009. Regal Entertainment Group offers theaters – more... that show popular movies, IMAX and 3D locations, locations with arcades and birthday party accommodations, and theaters that show independent films. The chain is fabulous and professional – less
It was an amazing first job , I learned a lot!
Concession Worker (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: free movies
Cons: co-workers stealing.
Typical day: Cleaned movie theaters, served food to customers, directed customers to designated theaters.
I learned to take my job seriously.
Management was good, except when a co-worker stole money from me.and they didn't punish them.
Co-workers talked behind my back. They didn't make an effort to get to know me , they judged me.
The hardest part of – more... the job was not letting my co-workers negative comments get to me.
The most enjoyable part was the free movies,and meeting new customers every day. – less
always something new to learn challening
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: lots of responsibility
Cons: hard to advance
great place to learn about movies
have to be detail oriented to up keep equipment and facilites
lots or responsibility on field level leadership
fun
Great job for college or high school
Box Office and Projectionist (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: free film for employee and guest
Cons: no room for advancement
Great job for high school or college. Hard to move up. Benefits are minimal
Daily Duties
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDNovember 25, 2013
As a manager at Majestic Regal Theatre, I have learned the job duties and responsibilities such as manage employees, close out registers, and the paper work that needs to be properly filled out.
productive and a happy place
Concession Worker (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLNovember 21, 2013
I learned a lot working at regal. it have taught me some life time goal and how to work with people on so many different levels. but overall regal is a good place to work
fun environment,no good management
Cashier (Former Employee), las vegas,nvNovember 19, 2013
not a great job to stay at long term. Good for a summer job and a little extra money.
A good first/temporary/seasonal job ONLY
Box Office, Concessions (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free movie tickets (limited)
Cons: long nights 2a.m. management unflexible, no advancement opportunities, minimum wage, not given proper 10/15 minute breaks
I worked at two separate Regal locations for a little over a year now, and fortunately my time is coming to an end.

This job has no room for advancement. You are either an employee or a manager. There is no in between. No moving up and learning new skills. Once you're in a position you're most likely there until you leave. There are a VERY select few – more... that move to a different position after a few months, but not many at all. I was there over a year and I played kiss-a** to get moved up to box office which was the top of the hierarchy cult in the theatre.

The managers do NOT like to work around any other schedule. I had numerous people leave because the job scheduled them CONSTANTLY while they were at school or another job. The company doesn't give anyone more than 30 hours/week because they don't want to give benefits. – less
Horrible
Box Office Cashier (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free movies
Cons: management wasn't honest
The job was extremely easy. I was lied to by my manager. The typical day was greeting guests as they came in.
Productive and great work environment
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GaNovember 17, 2013
Pros: management, employees, always kept busy
Cons: long hours that lasted until 4am
Regal offered me great management experience for my future, and the skills I have attained have without a doubt prepared me for future work opportunities.
Hard work and learning experiance
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Former Employee), Bend, OROctober 21, 2013
Working in the theater was hard work as a manager. As a manager you are the only manager in the building with one or two other employees with you at once. My biggest challenges came from working in a theater that was older and had a lot breaking down all the time. The theater closed down summer 2013.
Good Job for Students
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 18, 2013
I worked here while going to school and they work with your schedule and have later shifts for people who go to school during the day
Productive but Entertaining Workplace
Floor Staff (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: free movie passes
Cons: either super slow or super busy
A typical day at work always involves cleaning. Their motto; "ABC - Always Be Cleaning." We have to clean windows, glass, sweep every bit of debris off the floor, off counters or outside. We have to clean in the theaters between movies, and in the hallways or bathrooms.

I learned better customer service, friendlier disposition, how to handle difficult – more... situations calmly, and how to be more of a people person.

The managers at my workplace are serious, but fun. They will always get all their tasks completed, help all the floor staff(everyone not a manager) when needed, but still be able to talk and share stories with everyone laughing.

Most of my coworkers are hardworking, get-the-job-done type of person, again still having a good time.

The hardest part is on a busy day, running around everywhere, doubling back twice, making sure every little thing has its place and is in its place.

The most enjoyable part is the experience! You get to meet so many different people, the regulars or the newbies. You can be having a horrible day and one person can walk by, say "Thank you so much! You guys are awesome," not even having personally spoken to you, but still make you feel so much better. I love it! – less
Fun for first time job, college student, side job.
Usher/Concession Attendant/Box Office Attendant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free movies!!!
Cons: low pay and not a very long lived type of career
Very easy job! The hardest part of the job is probably concession, it's extremely fast paced and safety is a huge concern. Easiest part is walking around cleaning theaters in the middle of the week while school is in session. Fun job, minimal pay for minimal work. Promoting is easy enough if your driven but pay doesn't get much better. Best part is – more... that (at least when I worked at Edwards Cinemas) I could get 2 free movie tickets to any movie, and some free popcorn and soda. – less
some benefits were great and some not so great
concessionist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free movies some discounted foods
Cons: hours aren't that great
I had great co-workers some days were better than others the hardest part of the job had to be cleaning the theaters by picking up all the trash,putting all the arm rest up,and cleaning up spills etc...
Management was alright but as there were multiple managers it could be quite crazy at times.the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing free movies.

About Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group hopes to create loyal subjects out of fickle movie-goers. The largest theater owner and exhibitor in – Read more