Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,447 reviews matching the search
Very friendly and fun place to work.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2017
Typical days at work are pretty chill. Weekends are the most busiest days of the week unless there is a big movie out. I learned how to deal with certain people on a daily basis. Everyone in management are all good people. The hardest part of the job was when a new big movie was releasing. The most enjoying part of the job was seeing customers with smiles on their face.
Coworkers are very helpful and kind but management needs work.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 7, 2017
The General Manager is amazing, but his assistant managers need more training. They can be either very controlling over coworkers or can be astray from their positions. Floor staff is very kind and almost willing to help with any situation.
Pros
Free movies, 50% concessions
Cool place to work, not worth the small paychecks
Floorstaff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
I've worked at Regal for a couple of years, and it's a pretty good job for someone to start out on. However, depending on the level of business of the theater that you work at, minimum wage isn't quite a fair wage to make at the job. Plus, the yearly raise is usually only a few cents (mine was 12 cents, so I made 8.37 by the second year) Customers are rude, your job entails a lot of dirty work (including cleaning dirty restrooms, picking up vomit, picking up garbage, etc), and management can tend to have extreme favoritism that can negatively affect your work attitude.

However, other employees can be a positive aspect that make the job worth it. Since many of the employees are in high school or college, work hours are very flexible. The benefits include free movie tickets (for only yourself and one person), and half off of 8 concessions items.

Overall, I liked working here at the start, and towards the end I really started to dread it. It's a good, temporary start - don't look forward to working here more than a year. You'll get fried very quickly.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible hours
Cons
Favoritism, low wages, very small raises, minimal benefits
enjoyable place to work at and great staff and managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 5, 2017
Omaha stadium 16 was an enjoyable place to work at. the staff is friendly, as well as the managers. it was and still is my first job, and I had a fantastic time working there. but now, with the skills that I've accrued, I'm ready for a job with a sufficient hourly pay.
Pros
free movie tickets, 50% discount on concessions
Cons
bussiness is very slow during winter and fall
Laid back work place
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 3, 2017
The only things that have changed are the prices of tickets and the prices of concessions, Other than that it is a great place to work with good benefits
Good Company
Regal Cinemas Manager/ Projectionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. It was a very good starter Job for me. I was able to move from a general floor cleaner all the way up to a Projectionist with Manager responsibilities
Very Corporate
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 3, 2017
Regal recently acquired the company I used to work for. Nothing drastic has changed, but they are a much larger company and it shows - way more busy work and far less autonomy. On the whole, it's still a movie theater. Lots of fun when it's slow, and chaotic when it's busy. It's a great job for students, but I wouldn't suggest making a career of it.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Very corporate
poorly managed but fun employees
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 2, 2017
my experience wasn't the best. I feel like management was poorly organized which made and already stressful job more stressful. The work load was often too much for minimum wage pay. left as quickly as i could but it helped me grow and taught me how to deal with stressful work situations.
Easy-Going Place to Work
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 1, 2017
Many would think working at a movie theater is busy, numb and time-consuming work. Surprisingly, working for Regal Entertainment Group was very fun and easy-going. An employee begins to feel like they are opening up a world of joy and excitement for each customer they assist. The theater itself is a place of almost enchantment. Once you get a hang of what your job-description entails, time will FLY by. The tasks include directing patrons to their theater, cleaning theaters after the movie ends, and selling food goods to customers.
Better alternative to any retail job
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJuly 30, 2017
Working at the theater is so much fun and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy first job that isnt fast food or retail. While you're still technically retail and selling items to people, you're selling them tickets to a movie, something they WANT to come and see, not something they HAVE to go and buy. The General Manager (my boss) is awesome and I've met a couple others from different theaters and they've all been very nice and helpful and everyone (except the newer floorstaff) knows what they're doing.
Pros
Great place to work, good break policies, friendly work environment, free movies
Cons
only full-time managers recieve healthcare benifits, little room for advancement
Frantic work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2017
IMAX and 35mm projectionist. Tedious, stressful job. Unfullfilling. Dissatisfying job. Other associate mangers were also stressed out, angry about work conditions.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Fun and great enviroment to work in
Cashier/Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJuly 27, 2017
Ive been working for regal for at least 5 months and I loved learning in this kind of enviroment skills i wouldve never learned if it werent for Regal
Get starting job
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 26, 2017
this was my first corporate job out of high school and it set up the building blocks for better opportunities. Fun place to work but the pay and lack of benefits were the down side
Pros
free movies
Cons
no paid sick days
Not my favourtie
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
The manager doesn't seem to know how to talk or work with customers and/or workers. The environment can get pretty hectic but you can find money on the ground when cleaning.
Pros
two free tickets a day, discounts
Cons
managment, event movies
first job
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 25, 2017
for a first job it was pretty nice. free movies
got paid minimum wage tho and not all managers were friendly.
hard work also, definitely not deserving of minimum wage
Fun place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 20, 2017
Great place for high school teenagers and great place to start learning people skills. There is a huge opportunity for growth and advancement. Can't beat the free movies
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No benefits
Fun and flexible with varying hours
Cast Member (Floor Staff) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at my Regal theater. While we were frequently busy due to having many screens and being located in the middle of a shopping center, I learned how to help guests in a quick and efficient manner. My coworkers were incredible and it felt like they were another family.
Pros
Free movie tickets for guest and I, half off on concessions
Great first job
Sales Associate/Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDJuly 20, 2017
Working concessions and cleaning up theaters as well as dealing with the occasional rude customer was a typical day at Regal. I learned how to operate a Point Of Sale system as well as the importance of a clean work station. The work place was mostly kids in college or still in high school and I got to learn what it was like to have a first job with a group of my peers. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the free movies that every employee gets.
Poor Communication Skills & Unprofessional.
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2017
There would be multiple times that managers would make the schedule on the day that states on my availibility I'm unavailable. Its then our job to switch shifts or find someone to take my shift and if not you get documented. Poor professional skills.
Nothing in particular
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 19, 2017
During my time at regal valuable job experience was gained. Job experience that could have been gained anywhere. The job was not particularly demanding nor was there information needed to be learned past the beginning. The guidelines were strict, but easy to follow and the there was never enough floor staff or managers. It is an accessible first job, and that is the best thing about it.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn
Cons
Erratic scheduling and managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9