Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,041 reviews matching the search
Great work environment!
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2016
I have been working for Regal for a year now and its been good. The environment and all the people who work here are really cool! They work with your availability and are very flexible with it! I really like that. Since it is a theater, getting hours fluctuate! One week you'll get alt of hours and then the next you'll barely work, which sucks since your paycheck isn't always the same! With that being said, Regal is good.
Pros
Availability, People, Free Movies
Cons
Hours
Fun and professional workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 4, 2016
Work day includes customer service. We want our customers to want to come back, making it as enjoyable for them as possible. Keeping stations clean, organized, Helping anyone including other employees, with anything they might need. Generally all around a great place to come together as a team.
Pros
Free movies, making new friends
Cons
Some people make a mess in theaters that you will have to clean up
Fun work environment that teach great job skills.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHOctober 21, 2016
Fast paced and fun place to work. Teaches great skills to further your career. Hardest part of the job was handling difficult customers being upset over the high prices.
Fun workplace and a good first job
Floor Staff (Shift Leader) (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MD 21804October 26, 2016
Regal is a fun company to work for. It is fast paced, and it teaches leadership and organizational skills. I love my co-workers and the management staff. They have become like family to me.
Pros
Free movies and 50% off food
Fun workplace with great staff
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 6, 2016
management was pretty fair, hours are not consistent but overall a good experience. Free movies is most likely the best part of the job
Regal Cinema
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy the cinema feel and the excitement when a new movie comes out.
I have learned many things while working here such as how to serve our customers and time management.
The hardest part of the job would be working a closing shift then having to open the next day.
I would love to have consistent hours as they hire seasonally and tend to cut hours when not busy.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Minimal hours
Good workplace to pass the time
Cashier/Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 7, 2016
Love my coworkers, without i wouldn't still be there. Management is okay, but tolerable. Most enjoyable part of my work are the people i see everyday.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
tiniest slip up and there goes your job.
Easiest job for a teenager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLOctober 2, 2016
I love working for REG. i've been working there since i've been legally allowed and it has been a blast. the management is nice and easy to get along with. all the staff is mostly college kids because of our location, so everyone is nice.
good company for young teens & managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 23, 2016
Regal Entertainment Group is a clean and well managed movie theatre. I enjoyed all my co workers and management. as it was my first job when I was 16 I learned responsibility and lots of customer service techniques
Pros
free movies
Cons
long shifts until midnight
Very discriminative, not even allowed an interview (plugs, tattoos, piercings dont even try to apply, leave this job for the "normal" people
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2016
I had gotten a call for an interview for regal and was pretty stoked about it because I had heard great things about their theaters and all that and was expecting the interview to be great. I live about 15 minutes away from the theater I had the interview at so I had to drive their atleast expecting the interview to happen, I arrived and was turned away immediately and was told that my plugs were not gonna cut it and that even if they were taken out that I would not be hired or given any chance and was told that they dont accept tattoo's and piercings of any kind except for vanilla ear rings. I dont know what it is but regal needs to realize that its 2016 and that they need to stop having a conservative attitude and start trying to be a little progressive and let people be individuals and give people chances instead of judging people by appearance but thats not gonna change so anybody with plugs, tattoo's, piercings or anything that makes you feel like an individual don't waste your time and gas, I will never support regal entertainment group after being treated like I'm not normal ever again
Pros
Cons
everything
Nice first job but wouldn't go back
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 1, 2016
This location was just being built when when I applied and hired, there was a lot of training for people who were just starting out so it made for a good first job. It was just more stressful then it probably should have been since they opened the start of the Christmas season so we were busy right away so we had to hit the ground running. I worked in every part of the theater and became proficient at all of them which made switching tasks whenever needed easily.

It was the first Regal theater, I believe, that started doing assigned seating with reclining chairs like some other theaters. So there was a lot of explaining to customers how this location operated, some didn't like it but I feel like the majority did. I had no particular issue with scheduling, other than being worked later than I requested due to the ride that I have. My coworkers had more issues with keeping their schedule due to other primary engagements.

Overall, most of the managers/supervisors where easy to work with and got along well. Communication could have been better between higher ups and their employees.
Pros
good training, teamwork was well orchestrated for the most part
Cons
Poor communication at times, schedule conflicts
Fun place to work
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 6, 2016
Working hard for low wages. Managers are chill and employees are fun to be around. I work all 3 jobs at Regal. I do box office, concessions, and usher. It is a fast paced environment with. Reaks inbetween movies.
Pros
50% off concession stand, free movies
Cons
Non competitive wages
Extremely fun and satisfying to work at
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2016
The company is amazing. The only downfall is some of the management team as they would drive good employees away. Other than the occasional hiccup there, it was a very satisfying job.
Where I learned to manage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeastern, PAJune 25, 2016
I learned how to manage time in a realistic manner with this company. Since you were dealing with product that start and finish times. When you are at a well run movie theater,you'll never know how many people are truly in the building.
When working at the theater you had to be two or steps ahead to make sure you were not caught off guard weather,staffing and attendance were all things that went into a typical day.
The hardest things were the unknowns such as unruly patrons,police,fire emergencies and equipment malfunctions.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Weekend Staffing
Stop and smell the popcorn
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2016
Working at a movie theater is all about keeping on the move. At the concessions stand, you have to juggle taking customer orders and special requests, cooking food in the back, refilling the popcorn machine, cleaning up spills - the list goes on. I would say that the hardest aspect was being on your feet for hours on end, so comfortable, non-slip shoes are a must.
Amazing place to work!
Associate Manager Colonial Heights (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 31, 2016
Working for a movie theatre is the best experience you will ever get. I deffinately would work for Regal if you are looking. You get free popcorn when working and soda. And you get Half off Concessions prices when your not. And FREE TICKETS! You get to learn a lot about working and new experiences with customer service.
Unorganized group to work with.
Floor Member (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 26, 2016
Regal was very stressful most of the times the managers gave no space for us to do our own thing. They wrote people up without giving warnings to others. Sometimes they didn't pay us overtime. The shifts were always long and u dealt with many rude customers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not paid for overtime
Fun and exciting work place.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 28, 2016
I love working at Regal due to the wonderful management and my coworkers. Everyone is very friendly and it makes the job enjoyable.
great learning experience
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 12, 2016
During my time with Regal I have served many customers from behind concessions, where I've refined my customer service, and upstairs in the projection room, where I developed my technician skills.
All in all, this part-time job has been a great learning experience dealing with multiple personality types, handling stressful situations, creative problem solving.
Good
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJNovember 27, 2016
Nice work environment with friendly coworkers and managers. Very understandable rules with good amount of work. Good break times and good amount of hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9