Regal Medical Group

Regal Medical Group Employee Reviews

Stay away!!!
Customers (Former Employee), RegalApril 13, 2015
Worst place to work for!!!!!!! Don't work here!! Too Much favortisim!! Awful!!! They don't care about Patients care!!
Great Compensation
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2015
Regal Medical Group compensates its employees well and provides a great benefit package. Being able to assist members receive services needed is beyond rewarding.
N/A
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), 8510 Balboa Blvd Ste 275 Northridge, CA 91325December 29, 2014
It was a great experience working here. I learned a lot about claims.
Favoritism galore
Medical records (Former Employee), Burbank, ca.November 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: favoritism, bad management
They have no clue as to how to run or manage anything. It's run only on favoritism. There's back stabbing & throwing under the bus. Pay sucks & you end having picking up people's slack. KEEP AWAY!
Very flexible workplace
Post Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee), Northridge, CANovember 3, 2014
Regal is flexible with your schedule, and typically they will accomdate your needs, but as far as management goes, they are very poor in that area. There is no structure or foundation for many of the positions they have here. Overall, people working for Regal are nice tho.
Good company to work for
Credentialing Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Northridge, CAOctober 20, 2014
Regal Medical Group is a good company to work for. They have good benefits. I learned how doctors become contracted with different IPA's. I learned how to credential a provider with surgery centers along with Regal Medical Group and Lakeside Medical Organization.
Productive, great environment to work
Customer Service/HCC (Former Employee), Northridge, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: appreciation day for customer service
Cons: not much overtime
High call volume answered 85-90 calls from que for medical claims. HCC projects making sure members went for annual screenings. The hardest part of the job was Heritage California ACO Depression Screening Calls. Ar the end of my day I went home with a great feeling knowing that I had helped someone. My co workers were wonderful everyone at Regal Medical Group is so helpful.
Worst place to work at!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), West Covina, CaOctober 4, 2014
Pros: horrible.
Cons: company!!!
I have NEVER worked in a company that is very judgmental, talks behind your back and has sooo much favoritism.

WORST COMPANY TO WORK WITH!!!!

Don't even waste your time applying.
YOU WONT BE SATISFIED!!!!

It's not even a healthy place to work with. It's very dis functional!
Terrible HR personnel, extreme nepotism, awful pay
Appeals (Current Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: bad pay, little to no raises, incompetent hr staff, favoritism
I've worked for this company for nearly 2 years and when I interviewed i was told my pay would be matched to what I was making at the time but when I was hired and came in to sign the papers they slipped in that i would actually be making less than what they originally stated but that i would get a raise once my probation period was over. I signed the paperwork anyhow because my previous work place was going through a downsize and i didn't want to be left without a job. I never got a raise as they promised after my probation period, I never got a review even after countless reminders to my boss. I finally switched departments and found it to be the same. When I finally did get a review, regardless that my scores were high, I got the minimum 1.5%. I took on an exorbitant amount of extra responsibility and was told that would factor into my review...it did not. After 10 months, i decided to transfer to a less stressful position. HR confirmed that I would be making between 13.50$ and 14.00$ hourly, i interviewed with the other department and was offered the job....at my current rate. When I reminded the HR rep that she had told me it would be more pay she made an excuse.
I would never recommend this place to anyone seeking employment, they absolutely lie about how much they pay and they will give you the runaround whenever possible. If you know anyone in upper management, however, you will be treated overly fair and receive the maximum amount of pay for minimal work and production...you can also expect 3+% raises annually.
Stay Away From Any Title that has CAL MEDI CONNECT
Cal Medi Connect Member Advocate (Current Employee), OrangeAugust 25, 2014
Pros: they pay for milage
Cons: they pay for milage but will make you travel from orange to northridge in one day notice.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They are unorganized and because everyone is new to this product line, managers could never answer any of their staffs concerns. The male supervisor is a pervert and likes to micromanage his team and he will fire you if you don't seem available to him. I don't recommend this company to anyone especially if your job title includes CalMedi Connect anything.
Nice place to work
Manager, Volunteer Program (Former Employee), NorthridgeJuly 10, 2014
I enoyed working there and made some good friends , memories.

Good people, great work culture and great management.
Given a chance would like to go back again and work for them.
I learned so much working here
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: company was putting my license in jeopardy
Great place to work. My co-workers became my family. We were able to build our case management program from scratch and I am very proud of what we built to this day,
too much favoritism, no recognition, and micromanagement
Coder (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: generous parties
Cons: micromanagement
Too much favortism in my department and its sad to say that color of your skin plays a big part of it too. There is no grace period when you clock in and out and there was 2 days that I was late due to heavy rains, I was 5 minutes late and I get a warning. You cant even drink water because the number of times that you get up from your seat to the restroom are monitored. There was also a time that my boss caught a coworker stretch due to back pain and she was told not to do that because if the CEO walks by and catches her he might think that shes not working.

Guidelines in my dept is also constantly changing and the manager often just verbalize it to one person and not to all of us. If one makes a mistake, then the person gets humiliated where other departments could hear it.

It is so stressful that they just want you to work work work and meet your quota or more. No EXCUSES!
environment for research in the medical field.
Prior Authorization Case Manager (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Cons: no overtime
Typical day at work as a case manager, sitting at the computer reviewing patient charts, guidelines, tests, and assessments. I learned to be a team player, review detailed information, and learned new medical advancements. The hardest part of the job was denying a patient particular procedures because of faults of another medical professional. The most pleasurable part of the job was the ability with guidance to ensure the quality of life for patients.
overall I enjoy working for Regal.
Complex High Risk Case Manager (Current Employee), Covina, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: management is always available if you have problems you want to discuss, family oriented
Cons: 30min lunch, constant changes
daily pt calls, care plans, meetings, case reviews. I've learned a lot working for Regal as far as disease management, treatments, meds, etc. Everyone is great to work with.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 19, 2014
great environment, loved what i did on a daily basis, staff was incredible
Extreme Favoritism and Discrimination
Vital Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 21, 2013
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: health insurance, no educational benefits, supervisors insecure, favoritism an discriminatory acts.
Worked in Case Management and there was too much back stabbing. People in positions the are not qualified for. Watch your ideas, because they will get stolen by supervisors. Overall, very insecure staff and tons of pettiness. Was told when I started that turnover rate is high because of work environment. Moved on to more meaningful work environment.
Busy
HMO Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: full medical benefits
Cons: not great on raises
Fast paced enviroment but you will learn a a lot. Work directly with patients, medical directors, and medical groups.
Fast paced, deadline driven, and unpleasant work environment
ACO Coordinator (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches and medical benefits
Cons: no room for advancement and favoritism
Overall I had odd experience at Regal. HR is constantly looking for ways to have employees written up. Supervisor had favoritism and would not communicate effectively with staff on improvement or recommendations effectively.

This fast paced environment and deadline driven. There was a lot of micro management. Employees were even told not to socialize too much with other employees and to only speak in English in the building.

The program is new and the training provided by supervisor and manager was ineffective at times. There was mis-communication with management. Workflow would constantly change and workers were blamed for not doing job duties they were not longer responsible for. I would constantly see new faces. High turn out.

It's a descent place to work. I would not recommend this company. Unless your in good terms with management this will be a challenging company to work for.
Productive, fast paced work environment, goal to provide quality patient care
Inpatient utilization management coordinator (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: able to work independantly with very little supervision.
Cons: having to be managed for my own medical care through my employer.
My typical day at work is to check the inpatient fax server for new hospital admits, check for the admits that are out of area and notify the sender to contact the health plan. Distribute the new inpatients to the U.R. nurses who are assigned designated areas. Attach all in coming review, orders, and discharge summaries. Send out emails to the medical directors, nurses, and management as new cases come in through out the day. Enter all cases into the system, verify elig and benefits. Do daily logs for inpatient and discharged patients, upon discharge, request H&P and discharged summaries. Do daily rounds with the medical directors and inpatient nurses. Set up and arrange ambulance transfers to and from hospitals or SNF', enter referrals for any home health or DME that may be needed upon discharge. Give stats at the end of the day of how many admits and discharges for (Head in bed count). When slow, I am asked to help out in the outpatient nurses queue and approve what can be or send on to the medical directors for further review if needed.

I learned to work in a very fast paced environment and to work efficiently with little or no supervision.

Work with two other coordinators that have the same work ethics, we all get along well together.

Hardest part of the job is there are 3 coordinator's, when one is out, having to pick up there work load along with your own can be challenging. Some days are much busier than others.

I enjoy working with the whole inpatient team, from my co-workers, to the medical directors and inpatient nurses. Everyone works as a team and helps out where and when needed.