Regal Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

The worst company
UM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 11, 2016
The worst company ever!! Worked as a um coordinator in the San Bernardino office
The manger in the um dept is the most unprofessional person I ever met!!!!!!!!!!! Her appearance everything about her! Down to the lead... she smells, unprofessional! They have leadership skills what so ever!! Never recognized for the good and hard work that is done. Only when you've done something wrong the whole office will know about it!

Nothing is kept private if an employee calls in or has a scheduled day off. She will let the whole office know!
Talks about her staff to other fellow Co workers!!

Pay is horrible
Everything about that place horrible
Would ever recommend that place
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
Don't apply
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 9, 2016
This is the worse company to work for to much favorite employes that get away with not working . If your new they treat you good but once you been there for a few months you better be ready to work your butt off. Management don't care they're just there to make there money as long with the supervisors and leads .
Very unprofessional place to work at
UM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Raises are a joke,management is unprofessional, it's all about who you know. You only get ahead if your a brown nose. You don't get praised for a good job only get lectured for every little mistake you do. You get emailed of your mistakes and the whole office gets cc. Nothing gets resolved if you complain anonymously or to HR. They only care about saving money not about the patients. You get let go if you approve too many referrals.Everything is micro managed. You sign your life away for everything or you get written up.
Pros
An hour lunch. That's all.
Cons
Everything else wish I had an option for no stars
Horrible Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 6, 2016
Was employed during the Regal/Lakeside "Marriage". And as it is said, the Honeymoon period did not last long. Wrong managers were brought from the Lakeside division to Regal which killed Regal. Lakeside demolished Community Medical Group, and all this managers came to Regal, and now bring down yet another company. Regal has no concerns for it's employees. Too many "click" groups, and way too much favoritism. "Kiss..Kiss..I'll bend over" method. If not, your not worth their time or concerns. Managers have to know how to "Manage" properly, not "Micro-manage". If another employee shows great strength and can shine, they are immediately shot down by others who do not do as well. Why Regal is even still around baffles me. Without their employees, they would not be..lacking in patient care, which is what "Health care" should be, but is not longer, perhaps their days are also numbered. If you want a job...just a job..then apply...if you want to learn and thrive and grow...go someplace else...Because you won't get it at Regal.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutely everything
Worst Company Ever!
receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 22, 2016
This company definitely has favoritism, they say we're all one company and yet every office pays at a different level for the same job!!! It's ridiculous how they treat their employees, no raises some employees have been there for years without a raise...couldn't take it left them and didn't hesitate...I hope you look elsewhere especially the West Covina office
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No Raises, Favoritism, No respect for employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 6, 2016
For a company as big as Regal Medical Group, we sure had a blast at work every day. We were all like a tight knit family. I worked at the QI department.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
none really
Daily Activities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 16, 2015
Even though I have recently started working here at Regal Medical Group for almost a year but I have learned a lot of new things in Customer Service Department from handling everyday calls. I have met a lot of people and most of them are very friendly. Overall, it is a fun work place environment with supportive management.
Currently working here and I have to say it's one of the worst places to work for.
UM case manager (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 19, 2015
This place controls your every move, the more you do, the more they expect you to do. They monitor your attendance to the "T" if you are late one minute it counts against you. They email you showing you how many minutes you were late for a month at a time to show you how much time you are taking away from doing your work. The prior authorizations have a 5 turn around time and for some 13 days. The managers are constantly emailing you through out the day telling you they want you on day 2 and if you don't meet those expectations be prepared to be in the principals office like a child. The benefits are not all that great either, each day something changes and each day they want you to email them a spread sheet and say what day you are on with your work and the reason why there's pending auths in your queue. If you are looking for a long term job this isn't the place, a lot of people quit. I am currently looking for another job. You only get 30 min lunch and if you are late 1 minute they are on your back.
Pros
Cons
Short lunch, they are watching your every move, constantly comparing with other regions
Productive Place to Work
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of ensuring referral are processed and finalized within a timely manner. Management was friendly and helpful throughout the entire training process. The hardest part of the job is the production quotas.You have to make sure you reach your goals daily as a team as well as individually.
They lie!!!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 4, 2015
So I was hired recently and I'm already looking for another job!! I know nothing is perfect but this place sucks!! Its definitley not a happy place to work. They rule with an iron fist. The pay sucks and they lure you in by offering raises. Most employees say they have been there for little or no raise. Also who does not give a Christmas bonus? Like really!! Thats sad!! Stay away this place sucks to work for!!!!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No raises no christmas bonus, underpaid over worked!!!
Worst Company to work for
Prior Auth Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Balboa Blvd Northridge, CaliforniaJuly 16, 2015
From VP, Director, HR down to campus Supervisors --they are the meanest people ever! Just wondering how they got into their positions when they are awful, inexperienced and insecure. They have no idea what they're doing keep on changing rules like on a daily basis. I think the only thing they're good at is creating disgruntled employees!

Beware of this company!!!

I regretted applying and wasted my life there. Employees are stressed out by the lack of job security. Management is only concerned about production and they blame their employees in their inadequacy of training and insufficient resources. Needless to say, subordinates have no rights...if you air out your side, expect a write up without any warning at all that only shows they don't know how to treat their employees fairly to the extent that they will lie and harass you so you would quit.

I just did and that was the best decision I've ever made :-)
Unnecessarily Strict
CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  NorthridgeMay 8, 2015
The department I worked in was horrible. The company as a whole is a revolving door of employees getting let go or quitting for various reasons. I've seen 4 people fired in 1 week within my dept alone. The director of the ACO department was so demeaning to the employees. Many people have tried to transfer departments but the ACO director always blocks them, so either you have to quit (like I did) or suck it up and stay. HR is no help when it comes to dealing with her. I went there several times due to the harassment I felt I was receiving from her and all they could tell me is that "We know how she is and how difficult she can be to work with and for her." outside of that statement, you get no resolution from them.
Cons
Prior Authorizations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 5, 2015
I love my job here. Unfortunately there is no room for growth. I've been with this company for 2 years and I really love the management team.
Incompetent, unorganized, favoritism
A position in Northridge campus (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 18, 2016
Basically all of the supervisors I have met in each department lack management skills. People move up not based on education, skill or competency but on who you know and how long you have stayed with the company.
The distribution of cases is unbalanced. There are some employees that work and others who don't. The ones who don't basically get away with it.
The whole company is so awfully unorganized their main priority of saving money is not really happening.
Let's put it this way, if a member has the opportunity to switch health plans, 95% of the time they do. Nothing ever gets authorized, it takes so long to get something authorized and if someone does not know what to do, it gets transferred to every department. DO NOT EVER pick Regal as your health plan!!! Everybody and their mother will start calling you if you end up in the hospital!!!!
Lastly, I hate to say this because I love all cultures but if you are not Filipino, expect to work in an environment where 80% of their employees are Filipino. Learn how to speak their language because you never know if they are speaking about you.

Only work for Regal if this is your last resort! There is always someone quitting on a weekly basis. Unless you know someone in management then work here. Expect to be micromanaged. It's not a friendly environment, alot of people lack socialization skills but I think it is a culture thing. Alot of very stuck up people work here. Unless you have thick skin, work here. Alot of times management and HR are telling you false promises. I've only been here for 6 months and I am already looking
  more... for another job.  less
Pros
Birthday holiday pay
Cons
Unsecured job, no room to move up, constantly changing things, favoritism, ALOT of people quitting
Productive, great environment to work
Customer Service/HCC (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 6, 2014
High call volume answered 85-90 calls from que for medical claims. HCC projects making sure members went for annual screenings. The hardest part of the job was Heritage California ACO Depression Screening Calls. Ar the end of my day I went home with a great feeling knowing that I had helped someone. My co workers were wonderful everyone at Regal Medical Group is so helpful.
Pros
appreciation day for customer service
Cons
not much overtime
Stay Away From Any Title that has CAL MEDI CONNECT
Cal Medi Connect Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  OrangeAugust 25, 2014
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They are unorganized and because everyone is new to this product line, managers could never answer any of their staffs concerns. The male supervisor is a pervert and likes to micromanage his team and he will fire you if you don't seem available to him. I don't recommend this company to anyone especially if your job title includes CalMedi Connect anything.
Pros
they pay for milage
Cons
they pay for milage but will make you travel from orange to northridge in one day notice.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 26, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers rather than the job itself. I did not feel as though there was opportunity to move up within the company, so I would like to venture elsewhere.
environment for research in the medical field.
Prior Authorization Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Typical day at work as a case manager, sitting at the computer reviewing patient charts, guidelines, tests, and assessments. I learned to be a team player, review detailed information, and learned new medical advancements. The hardest part of the job was denying a patient particular procedures because of faults of another medical professional. The most pleasurable part of the job was the ability with guidance to ensure the quality of life for patients.
Pros
monday through friday
Cons
no overtime
Extreme Favoritism and Discrimination
Vital Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 21, 2013
Worked in Case Management and there was too much back stabbing. People in positions the are not qualified for. Watch your ideas, because they will get stolen by supervisors. Overall, very insecure staff and tons of pettiness. Was told when I started that turnover rate is high because of work environment. Moved on to more meaningful work environment.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
health insurance, no educational benefits, supervisors insecure, favoritism an discriminatory acts.
Very flexible workplace
Post Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 3, 2014
Regal is flexible with your schedule, and typically they will accomdate your needs, but as far as management goes, they are very poor in that area. There is no structure or foundation for many of the positions they have here. Overall, people working for Regal are nice tho.

2.6