Regal Medical Group Employee Reviews

good workplace
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 21, 2017
fine place to work at. good benefits, variable scheduels,close to my house. Great co-workers and great doctors to work with. Closing this office,thats why im looking for new job.
Pros
close to home, good schedule, benefits.
Family orientated
Customer Service Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 6, 2017
I have been an employee of Regal for 5 years. I absolutely LOVE the company I work for. Not only is the company family orientated my Manager is an amazing manager. She understands and listens to anything we have to share any suggestions she is open for. I am thankful to have been giving this opportunity to work for such a wonderful company.
Pros
employee benefits are paid for by the company
If you work hard, it pays off.
Member Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 6, 2017
First off all RMG is for people who really love to work. Managing people's medical is not for the faint. You must like what you do. I, with 3 years under my belt see plenty of room to grow. I feel appreciated. My CS managers make sure I have all of the tools I need to do great work. I would highly reccomend working at regal.
-Understanding managers
-work perks almost daily emailed to staff (discounts on cell phone coverage, gym memberships, and amusement parks)
-paid time off and sick time
I can say I have never worked in such a fun, exciting environment.
Pros
company discounts and perks, health care coverage, grounds and offices are kept nicely
Cons
Shot breaks, but within regulation.
SO productive
Vital Care Case Manager-LVN (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 5, 2017
I learned a lot here with this company. I managed complex patient. I had direct contact with the medical director. We learn about disease process, how to manage patient more effectively, extensive follow up, utilization review. The managers were very nice and proficient in their teaching ability. I wished this job/career was closer to my home, because I would still work there. Great co workers also!
Pros
Great people, learning advancement
Cons
office too far San Bernardino
great company
Senior Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 13, 2017
Regal is a fun place to work they definitely take the time to appreciate their employees. OK benefits, but fun staff and work environment. Would recommend others.
June 28, 2017

We are always happy to hear that we provide a company culture that supports and encourages the efforts of our employees. We are a company that welcomes new ideas and people who possess a “can-do” attitude along with a commitment to teamwork. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Management is horrible
Inpatient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 7, 2017
Great company, poor management skills. At least in one department does not like to promote from within. The managers play favoritism and micromanages only on specific employees.
June 28, 2017

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on respecting our employees and providing an environment for them to thrive both professionally and personally. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

There is a lot of room for advancement in this company, very competitive with talent acquisition
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CA 91723May 23, 2017
High energy culture, training is superb in all aspects. Salary is competitive, talent acquisition is diverse. Company has an open door policy, the executive are very involved in patient care.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
revolving door
May 24, 2017

High paced medical group
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 10, 2017
This medical group was very high paced with multiple duties. I was promoted several times, started as the office manager, moved to an inpatient coordinator then to supervisor and finally a project manager. I really liked the opportunity to promote within. There was always ample work to be done and goals were set and met by most employees.
Pros
great co-workers
Crazy Place to work
Inpatient/Afterhours Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 4, 2017
While Regal Medical Group may reel you in with promises and dollar signs it is an extremely crazy and unbalanced place to work. I initially started out as an After Hours Case Manager which means I would holidays, weekends and after normal business hours. The promise of alternating weekends was made to me when I was brought into the company. Let's just say that never happened. After my training I began working from home on Thanksgiving day and I worked every weekend; Saturday and Sunday for 12 hour shifts from then until February. When I asked about transferring to another position/department I was pretty much shot down being told I had to wait a year. Let's just say this company is a beast unlike any other and I have worked many places.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Working hours, lunch hours are a joke and ethics are not the greatest.
Corporate Culture-Survival of the Meanest
Financial Recovery (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 28, 2017
If you have a good work ethic, I recommend you do not work here. If you are an efficient worker then they will assign more to you meanwhile lazy teammates slack off watching cartoons or movies on their smartphones. Management turns a blind eye. Great amount of favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism in most departments. Management takes the path of least resistance. Low morale and a good amount of corporate backstabbing. Everyday I witnessed catty drama and power struggles. Ugly stuff to see in corporate setting.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Great amount of favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism in most departments. Horrible managers!
great energy, fellow employees are friendly and supportive
Lead Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 28, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with everyone in the Urgent Care Department. They have a desire to help others and pride themselves on providing excellent patient care.
Medical Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 17, 2017
Full time, wonderful management and great co-workers. Lots of diversity in the makeup of the employees. Hardest part of the job was that the position was new to the company and management was not sure how to delegate the responsibilities to me. Best part of the job was the friends I made and good benefits and ample vacation time. They were very professional and made sure you took your breaks and lunches and time off once it was accrued. They made sure you had a good work /life balance.
Pros
ample time off and good benefits and free lunches
Cons
lots of down time
Relaxed work atmosphere
Financial Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 13, 2017
WAS A RELAXED AND LOW STRESS WORK ATMOSPHERE. Training was good, employees were good.. only thing i did't like about it was I wasn't hired on perm even though they loved my work.
Pros
Schedules were good
Cons
Temp to hire
Fair but too much politics
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 7, 2017
I worked here for 18 mos as CM in Simi and loved my Mgr b/c she was fair. No politics and a** kissing in our campus, but can't say the same for others
Pros
Not too much politics
Cons
Getting reimbursed for the things they should've paid me. (license renewal, classes, mileage for mos!)
Awesome, growing company with variety of potential!
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I have definitely grown in my time here! I love my department! We are very supportive of one another and have become like a family. I like how the company believes in work/life balance and doesn't allow overtime unless preapproved. I'm a mom and it's important for me to leave work on time. The culture is diverse and very interesting. We get a lot of casual dress days, awesome holiday events, a huge holiday party and tons of opportunities for fundraising and helping our community. Everyone is friendly!
Pros
Company sponsored events and casual dress days/months, great benefits and a day off for our birthdays, tuition reimbursement and free copays to Regal or Lakeside offices
Cons
Parking is tight due to construction and more companies are coming to our building, get here before 8:30am to find parking
Work life balance unfair.
RN Vital Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 4, 2017
This is the reason that I am attempting to leave this company. 1/2% raises?
Yes that is the beginning of the scrimpiness I experienced. Most especially .. well.. can't really say.
Hostile work environment, workplace bullying at it's finest.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I worked for this company 10+ years. I was there when it all started and before it grew so big. The company grew very, very quickly. Then acquired Lakeside Medical Group. That was a disaster. We got double the work and no raise. Employees are not appreciated. You are only informed of what you are doing wrong, not ever praised for doing a good job. If you are a good worker and can handle your work load, you will get more. They always expect more from you. Your best is never good enough. The only thing that kept me going back were the patients I was helping and my coworkers. Management and up are not your friends. They are back stabbers and only care about themselves. My supervisor was always in her office with the door shut & a sign up saying in a meeting, do not disturb. You could never get a chance to ask a question or for help. And when the door was open, you could hear her on personal phone calls with her husband,mom,baby sitter.

I see people saying they are flexible, well that was never the case when I was there. If you clocked in 4 minutes late, you were called into the office. When your annual review came up, they would tell you how many minutes you were late, add it all up and tell you you wasted x amount of work hours for being late. They would tell you you "stole company time" for all that time wasted.

I managed to stay so long because I was a good employee, I did my work and I minded my own business. But when I saw all my co-workers scared to mess up or scared to get fired, I started to realize how much pressure they really were under. A co-worker of mine had
  more... a nervous breakdown at work in front of everyone because of the amount of stress she was under and how badly a medical director had treated her and humiliated her in front of everyone in a meeting. She is no longer with the company, but he is still there, treating people badly. But that is how the company operates. I didn't realize how bad it was until I left and found an amazing job where I am treated like a human being.  less
Pros
Co-workers are friendly.
Cons
There is not good training, managers and supervisors do not know what they are doing.
This place is a joke
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 14, 2016
Worked at this job for less than a month. I never fit in, maybe it was because I didn't flirt with the men like my coworker did, or maybe it was because I didn't spend all my time in meetings talking about the bachelor episode the night before. I am a dedicated professional and these people are far from that. They did me a favor, I ended up better than I would have ever been working at this horrible place.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
The management team
Fun place to work
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 13, 2016
Fun place to work, the compensation is not the best. The benefits are great but they should be since it is a medical group. Overall the atmosphere is good.
Pros
Fun, friendly people, good work environment
Cons
compensation is not as high as it should be
Not the best job
Back office (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 9, 2016
Agree with the favoritism and lazy co-workers. The pay is not great. Very unprofessional, two faced co-workers. Most of the doctors and PA's are great. I have never worked with such bad staff. It was an eye opening experience.
Pros
Doctors and PA's are great
Cons
Favoritism and lazy coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6