Student Financial Aid Counselor
Regency Beauty Institute is a growing, nationally-recognized cosmetology education provider. By building and operating convenient, upscale, retail-oriented campuses and centralizing admissions and student services functions utilizing proprietary technologies, Regency has redefined the way beauty education is delivered. Headquartered in St. Louis Park, MN, Regency was founded as a single campus in Minneapolis in 1950 and has grown to 88 campuses in 20 states.
Position overview: The Student Financial Aid Counselor is a member of the cross-functional enrollment team comprised of admissions representatives, student support specialists, and financial aid counselors. The Student Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for providing information, advice, and resources to prospective and current students to ensure a reasonable financing and payment plan to cover their cost of enrollment. The Student Financial Aid Counselor will maintain financial aid program integrity and compliance with State, Federal and accreditation regulations.
Given the student service and support orientation of this role, it is essential that the individual in this role be able to work a regular and reliable schedule and be able to work mandatory overtime when necessary, in the discretion of management, to meet company needs.
Reports to: Student Financial Aid Supervisor
Schedule: Full-time, some evening hours required as needed
Location: Regency Headquarters; St. Louis Park, MN
Possibility to work remotely after 6 months of employment, assuming satisfaction of certain performance standards defined at Regency’s discretion
- Provide prospective students with accurate information regarding the application process and their estimated eligibility for State and/or Federal assistance or alternative financing
- Pro-actively perform diligent follow-up on missing paperwork due from students to complete their files within established deadlines
- Make high levels of outbound calls to prospective and current students
- Review financial aid results with students and offer solutions
- Respond to high levels of inbound calls from prospective and current students
- Maintain appropriate inbound service levels for students
- Accurately and efficiently answer student questions regarding financial aid and/or remaining balances
- Handle all inquiries with courtesy and professionalism
- Establish and maintain student satisfaction in all transactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- One or more years experience in customer service and/or sales in a high volume call center
- One or more years experience in personal banking
- Strong rapport building skills with solid ability to overcome obstacles
- Desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Solid ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet or exceed performance standards
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-pace and changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to type 65+ words per minute
- Fast learner and ability to learn customized systems
- Must not currently be in default on a federal student loan or owe a federal grant overpayment
As one of the nation’s leading cosmetology education providers, Regency Beauty Institute has over 80...