Regency Beauty Institute

Regency Beauty Institute Employer Reviews

Great student and client relationships
Cosmetology instructor (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 9, 2014
Pros: my students.
Cons: attitudes.
A typical day at work is most of the time a fun place. I have learned alot from dealing with adult learners and behaviors. Co workers are great.. The hardest part is attitudes. and the most enjoyable part is my students.
Hope for a good campus manager. Not an egotistic nut job.
Educator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: facility is attractive
Cons: campus manager was inexperienced and a nightmare to work under.
Management spent more time trying to find something to document among the staff than attending to the student body. Employee morale
was extremely low and no one felt safe with their job even those that were doing a great job. Students sensed ongoing tension. Campus manager would "disappear" out back door and not be present for appointments made with – more... prospective students as well as students that had to "run her down" to get an audience. A sad, paranoid place to try to excel in. Completions necessary for graduation would disappear mysteriously in the system. Often, requiring students to pay "overtime fees". Students Advisers gave the impression that conversations were confidential and they were anything but. Most often the students plea for help fell on deaf ears and the conversation often made their situations worse.

Hard nosed, proud, inexperienced campus manager trying to make a name for herself by inflicting as much pain as possible to all parties within reach.Clearly high on a new-found position of power. Reckless, unreasonable, non-negotiable and asked staff members to spy on each other and report their findings. A sad and ridiculous way to run a federally funded grant program. A squandered opportunity and resources with a campus manager that could care less. Thrived on opening "investigations". No vision for the future of the school, students or staff. Just COMPLY, and march. Staff written up for clocking in 1 minute early OR late by a computer system that often wouldn't recognize employee password the first or second time.

However...a reasonable, mature campus manager would set a different tone for the school. For the students and staff's sake, I hope that the "right" person fills that office. Otherwise, it is one of the biggest money pits and wastes of time for our bright eyed, vulnerable students. Often leaving them owing huge debt for absolutely nothing. – less
RBI
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: job security
Great work culture, compensation is entry level, not much room for company growth and things change constantly.
Admissions Intern
Admissions Intern (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 15, 2014
Pros: workshops, learning in different departments
Cons: micromanaged at times
Good company to work for, atmosphere is always upbeat in the admissions side, long days didn't seem so bad!
It's what you make of it
Student (Former Employee), fairview Heights IlSeptember 12, 2014
It's a school full of girls, drama happens, but Its up to you whether or not you want to participate in them.
NA
Student Services Coordinator/ Human Resources (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 9, 2014
On resume with Key Achievements and
Duties
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
productive and positive environment
Performance Floor Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: professional, benefits, medical, paid holidays, and atmosphere
Cons: upper management was in minnesota
Regency is one of the most organized schools that I have ever worked for. There was a lot of support from upper management and HR. Great training. Received the tools that I needed to be successful.
Fun job
Student Financial Aid Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 28, 2014
Fun internship with a great company. Very great culture and good environment.
Started out great then....
Instructor/Educator (Former Employee), FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: hours, ok benefits
Cons: management, pay
Unfortunately most beauty schools teach to pass the state test, if you are fortunate as a student to have an instructor that will not only teach you to pass the test but also how to succeed behind the chair, you found something great.

Regency's curriculum, old and new leaves alot to be desired. What ever happened to teaching?? Videos that are hard – more... to follow for both students and instructors, not to mention outdated. New curriculum on ipads with hair cutting with no structure or basic principles. If you try to bring in outside educational materials to help students learn, you get in trouble.

Management is a joke because they are too busy trying to better themselves and let problems fester and then when addressed do nothing about them. They play favorites, and it really doesn't matter how good of an educator you are, if they don't like you they will look for every reason to get rid of you. If you try to move or grow, forget it! It's ok for them to be out shopping, taking extended lunches, personal calls, and playing games on their phones.

Coworkers, that's another story, you have some great ones and then others that think it should just be fun or think they know everything and belittle students and coworkers alike. Working in any job has it ups and downs with coworkers, but when things get out of hand and management does nothing for years, it becomes an impossible place to work.

The only good thing I have to say is that the students bring much joy when they grasp the concepts you have taught them and watch them become successful! – less
No pay because I was a student
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: learned about hair care, skin care, and nail care
I was a cosmetology student, so I did not get paid. However, I loved what I did.
Its fine and is sometimes fun
Student (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 14, 2014
Pros: working on real people
Cons: drama
Could be ran better but all in all its okay place with some good teachers and students
Work enviornment.
Educator (Former Employee), ToledoApril 13, 2014
I worked as an Instructor in Toledo Ohio.
There was little team work, other staff members where cold making work very unwelcoming. The Manager did not admit when she made a mistake but watch out if you made a mistake.
I loved working with the students but felt shut out by other staff members because I did not come from a High end style salon.
Good Place to work
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNApril 10, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: revolving door
Regency is a pretty fun place to work. Everyday is different. It is very fast paced, so it keeps you on your toes. It's a great stepping stone, but can really only move laterally.
enjoyed
Educator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2014
I learned how work in a system. How to use my resources to problem solve and do research more effectively
Awesome company that cares about there people
Educator/Performance Floor Manager (Current Employee), ILMarch 30, 2014
Pros: regency recognizes and rewards employees for hard work
I enjoy my co-workers, I have learned a great deal about management. I enjoy learning everyday, and teaching others. The hardest part of my job is getting staff to stay consistent. Working with the public is the best part.
Excellent place to work
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: interacting with staff and franchisee
Franchisee business consultant and staff trainer. Collaborated with multiple franchisee groups and staff to evaluate franchise agreement standards, training, sales, inventory, staffing and HR and build relationships with franchise group and Great Clips. Produced and presented staff training and management training for franchise owners. Developed recruiting – more... process, plans and promotional items to create relationships with workforce for salons. Quarterly review of operations and provided candid feedback to franchisee's on operations and growth. – less
productive and fun environment to work in
Performance Floor Manager (Current Employee), Independence, MOJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoy teaching and helping others in whatever way that I can. Whatever I can do to help others feel better about themselves or to help them learn to better themselves is what I enjoy doing
Fun work place
Performance Floor Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 25, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: long hours
No room for advancement. Workplace has a high turnover rate.
very educational
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 11, 2013
its great place to learn
everyone works as a team to get the job doe
hardest part is getting along with others
most enjoyable part Is coming together as one
Productive work environment, helping students reach their goals and achieve their dreams
Campus Manager/Director (Current Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 10, 2013
Pros: great team collaboration, support and innovative
I love this company, there is opportunity for growth and advancement. A typical day at work is managing staff and supervising learning, helping students reach their goals and achieve and surpass their dreams of becoming a cosmetologist and moving on toward other field related opportunities. The hardest part of my job is helping students overcome their – more... obstacles, staying focused and never giving up, seeing them overcome obstacles and reaching completion and hearing their success stories is the most enjoyable part of the job. Duties include helping to facilitate learning in a way that helps the student connect what their learning to real world experiences. Building relationships with salon owners in the industry to help them develop the skills they need to survive in the industry by gaining and keeping clients, learning how to deliver a higher end service and product knowledge/ retailing to help educate their clients to build a working partnership or relationship to develop a strong clientele base and become salon ready at graduation. – less

1 2 3