Regency Beauty Institute Employee Reviews

Hair school
Full-time Cosmetology student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2017
this school is closed I can not tell you any thing about this school ben you will never go to this school. the only way you willl go to this school is if you hop in a time machine so good luck with that
was an excellent school
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 2, 2017
Loved the staff and experiences I learned here. A shame they had to close down all the schools. I will never forget the great times I had there though.
salon life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 26, 2017
Good opportunity for a part time job. It is salon life and you get to improve your customer service to the fullest. You are in charge of running many tasks.
I work as a student.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 25, 2017
While attending school it was a requirement that we also worked at the school fulfilling our cosmetology duties and hours of needed to obtain a license in the field
Pros
Great kit
Cons
Terrible instruction
Cosmetology Instructor Salon Floor
Salon Floor Educator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 12, 2017
Being a substitute Salon Floor instructor was a great experience. Educating with students as they work on clients was rewarding especially when the client left happy
Challenging at times but I had a Great time while I was there!
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Thankful for the opportunity! The students were eager to learn and get out on the performance floor to do hair. Once they were on the floor they maintained that eagerness and did great work.
Fun place to work
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 23, 2017
Only thing I did not like about Regency is that they closed and no on knew and every one was out of a job without notice.And on notice to the students so every one was upset.
Pros
great students
Cons
short lunches
Wonderful place to work
Facilities and Construction Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 27, 2017
I felt very valued and that my strengths were put to good use. It was a great place to work with wonderful colleagues. I would work there again if the opportunity would arise.
Great School
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 25, 2017
I loved my time at Regency before they closed. I got to shape the lives of many students who are in the field today. I am humbled to be a part of their experience daily. The school had top knotch supplies and facility. A wonderful environment.
Pros
shapipng young minds, greta coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Fun and very enjoyable
Cosmetology Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2017
The place was the most enjoyable place to work. very energetic and fun to work. this is the place where everyone has the opportunity to learn and have fun at the same time
Pros
free and discounts on hair procedures
Cons
n/a
Company has gone out of business.
Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2017
Was a great company to work for. Management took the time to work with, train, and improve employees. Great promoting from within the company. Were leading the industry in progressive technology based learning. Fun place to teach. Great student body and system for maintaining necessary key metrics to ensure the success of each individual campus.
Pros
Great management team, strong educational staff.
Cons
Company closed 79 campuses in one day.
Productive and fun place to work
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
I liked my job with Regency, however they went out of business last October and I had to find employment elsewhere. The team had a great morale and my supervisor was wonderful
ship them in ship them out. Am i a teacher or babysitter
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 7, 2017
Very disorganized place were rules changed daily. Hard for staff and students to know what is expected of them. to many students at one time which frustrates staff and students. director not much of a people person.
Pros
instructors
Cons
director
Students my priority
Lead Educator/Performance Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMay 8, 2017
I loved pouring information and technique into my students. I have enjoyed the salon setting for many years and behind the chair servicing my client base. Always continuing my education in the industry as well.
Unpaid Student Internship
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 26, 2017
Regency requires us to do internship in order to graduate and to get our license it was done at the school. Everyone was friendly and helpful, I learned more than what I usually would in just one classroom experience.
THE students made it a great place to work
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66604March 28, 2017
The hardest part of the job was sometimes the lack of control we had as teachers. There were a lot of rules sent down from corporate that I think made things too easy for the students. Students need structure and without it they felt that they weren't viewed as professionally as they should have been. That maybe it was more about their money and less about their education.
Collaboration and lots of growth opportunities
Manager, Campus Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 14, 2017
Regency provided me an enormous amount of development and allowed me the opportunity to advance in many different roles.

I learned leadership, how to develop and motivate others, training, performance management, public speaking, how to develop, write and execute new policies and how to to drive business results (sales).
Pros
Growth and development opportunities
Cons
little work life balance
Productive fun place
VP of Sales and VP (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNFebruary 28, 2017
The culture was great!! I really enjoyed working next to the CEO and Vice president. A really good work life balance. Some of the upper management had no clue what their job title was.
No longer in business
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 19, 2017
This company is no longer in business. I worked there for about one year. There was enormous turn over of staff.This made it hard for the students to learn because they were constantly having to build trust with new staff members.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Rbi
Audited student (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Best job I ever had, wish they hadn't closed permanently. I would have retired from this company. Management cared for students as well as team members.
Pros
salary, opportunities and working with students
Cons
closure