Regency Beauty Institute Employee Reviews

No longer in business
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 19, 2017
This company is no longer in business. I worked there for about one year. There was enormous turn over of staff.This made it hard for the students to learn because they were constantly having to build trust with new staff members.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Rbi
Audited student (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Best job I ever had, wish they hadn't closed permanently. I would have retired from this company. Management cared for students as well as team members.
Pros
salary, opportunities and working with students
Cons
closure
Productive, fun ,exciting
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Love to work for this company. The pay was good. The experience was good. My co-worker where great. And I got to meet a lot of interesting people. Very flexible with their employees
Pros
Great job
Cons
The company closed
The company is now closed.
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Fun work place, but a little unorganized. Company abruptly closed without notice which showed inconsideration for workers.
Wonderful Job
Educator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2017
I absolutely loved my job with Regency. I was sure I would retire from here. I was heart broken when they closed our school suddenly and without any notice. All 82 campuses nationwide were shut down on Sept 28th 2016. I would love to teach again and be part of our new generation of future professionals.
Good place to work if communication was clear and consistant
Performance Floor Manager / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 26, 2017
Good pay and benefits but hard place to work. Lots of experience but no clear guidelines for students or teacher. Made things very frustrating .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inconsistant hiarchy
Review
Licensed Cosmetology Educator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2017
My day was filled with passion, love and inspiration.
I learned many hands on practical skills
Management was Amazing.
We were a TEAM worked very well together, and helped one another
Spending time with my students both in class and out in the performance floor.
Pros
The personal growth was consistant
Cons
The school closed
Productive,Teamwork and Professional
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2016
Regency have a good curriculum different cultures and professional.Our staff are team players making sure the students know what they are doing before they graduate we do job placements.Also making sure they understand the practice of state board before they take there testing.Student comes first when it comes to our job. As a cosmetology educator I enjoy what I do to help my students to become professional cosmetologist.
Productive, fast paced place to work
Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MODecember 15, 2016
The school is now closed. They enrolled anyone just to meet the numbers. Too many hands in upper management which is why I believe they couldn't get out of the new FA regulations and had to close all 79 campuses.
Unstable environment school closed permanently
Educator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2016
School closed permanently with no warning students and staff had to figure out their future. Could have been a great school with better management.
Pros
staff
Cons
stabiity
Rewarding job and company
Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2016
During my time at this company it was exciting and rewarding to have the ability and opportunity to teach and approve hours for students to begin their career in cosmetology. Regency's mission and culture allowed the students to be artistic and creative. It allowed us as teachers to produce results through the curriculum and the one on one opportunities we had with the students. We pushed teamwork which allowed the students to experience many opportunties to build relationships with each other, guest and their teachers. Regency was a community of growth and diversity. It was unfortunate that the business had to close.
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
Dealing with students that were resistant to adult supervision.
Was a balance of slow and fast pace
COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was see the students find a love for cosmetology. I loved being at this place. I didn't like it much when the pace was slow but I really enjoyed it when the pace was steady and busy.
Fun workplace
Cosmetology Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winston, NCNovember 28, 2016
I had a wonderful group of co-workers! The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and the clients. The company is now closed.
Great employer, fast paced, fun enviroment
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 17, 2016
Regency has closed its doors as of 9/2016 however it was a great place to work. Supportive staff, fun environment, and management was very supportive and quick to assist. I enjoyed my time with Regency and was sad to see it close.
Typical day at work included reviewing students Title IV funding, eligibility, and originating loans. Auditing files, awarding Federal Grants and continuing to learn about new Federal Regulations.
Pros
Worked form home three days a week
Cons
Company closed.
Fun educational purposes place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 16, 2016
I learned to give tours start the financial aid process work and oversee the dispenser area work and overseek the reception area train students toward cosmetology open and close the build count and verify all money
Pros
We learned and did everything
Cons
It closed
Awesome School
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925November 15, 2016
This school gave me everything that I needed. The teachers are really kind, we got the experience of actually working in a hair salon and learned new trends, beautiful environment to come to everyday with such a positive attitude
Great people, sad it closed
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 15, 2016
I had some of the best coworkers, including managers. Sad the company closed. Near the end we should have known with all the little signs that there were.
Great
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work. The company closed down and is no longer in business. The company closed last September. You can no longer work there. Management was okay
Not focused
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2016
Multiple shifts. Educators were not supported. Not enough training. Discipline concerns constantly. Poor student attendance. Limited advancement with this company.
Pros
I loved the hours for work they were great
Cons
Not much team support
Was a Great company to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 18, 2016
I had the opportunity to work for
Regency. During my time of 8 years I had the opportunity to advance, and take on several roles within the company. I hate the fact that the company closed, and will truly miss working for such a great innovative and cutting edge school.
Pros
advancement
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regency Beauty Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9