Regency Beauty Institute

Regency Beauty Institute United States Employee Reviews

FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR
FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNApril 14, 2015
Reviewed student finance applications and student loans for completeness and accuracy.
Retrieved missing paperwork to complete individual files by certain deadlines.
Great students and campus staff
anonymous (Current Employee), South CarolinaApril 8, 2015
Pros: The students
Cons: HQ leadership and field leadership
Upper management does not provide a lot of support to the field staff. High turnover in middle management. Unclear rules and chain of command .
preductive learning experince with a chance to improve myself
Great customer service (Former Employee), el paso texasApril 7, 2015
working on clients, along with product placement and stocking, my coworkers where fantastic to work with. I enjoyed learning new things and how to work register along with work skills that I now have knowledge of.
Great company/ loved working at the campus
Campus Director (Former Employee), Chattanooga TNApril 4, 2015
Pros: rigid upper management.
Cons: great facility, great education, great training, great pay
Great Company to work for gives quality education. Upper management is a little rigid and does no understand being in campus always. Does not listen well to those who do understand being on campus daily
Fun Organized
student/intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
Very busy & friendly environment. Teachers were connected, work & Test easy to pass, learned a lot from different staff members. Understanding the curriculum was a challenge but a successful one. i enjoyed the presentation of the work of the students the most.
Okay place
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), saint louis parkMarch 16, 2015
The work atmosphere is always fun but the management style of the company is what turned me off. The managers are stuck up and rude and some of the people working there can be annoying.
Educator (Current Employee), Duluth MnMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work. wonderful co workers. I really enjoyed working with the students.They have very good training programs. Management is very helpful.
Love this place!
Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
This is such a great school. If I had to do it all over again here I definitely would. Everyone is always so helpful. The most enjoyable part was helping people feel beautiful on a daily basis.
loved my coworkers
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), St.Louis Park, MNFebruary 4, 2015
loved my coworkers and supervisors, loved the atmosphere and working with the students, very good morals the company had... would of stayed longer but the company did a huge lay off..............
Interesting workplace. Always changing.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and variety.
Cons: can sometimes be more stressful than expected.
A typical day at work consisted of supervising students of various ages. Coaching their academics, motivating them and encouraging further learning through competitive activities. My coworkers for the most part, were supportive and helpful at co-teaching the students. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to all the different personalities which included students, coworkers and clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and helping the students succeed in various learning subjects.
Great student and client relationships
Cosmetology instructor (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 9, 2014
Pros: my students.
Cons: attitudes.
A typical day at work is most of the time a fun place. I have learned alot from dealing with adult learners and behaviors. Co workers are great.. The hardest part is attitudes. and the most enjoyable part is my students.
Hope for a good campus manager. Not an egotistic nut job.
Educator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: facility is attractive
Cons: campus manager was inexperienced and a nightmare to work under.
Management spent more time trying to find something to document among the staff than attending to the student body. Employee morale
was extremely low and no one felt safe with their job even those that were doing a great job. Students sensed ongoing tension. Campus manager would "disappear" out back door and not be present for appointments made with prospective students as well as students that had to "run her down" to get an audience. A sad, paranoid place to try to excel in. Completions necessary for graduation would disappear mysteriously in the system. Often, requiring students to pay "overtime fees". Students Advisers gave the impression that conversations were confidential and they were anything but. Most often the students plea for help fell on deaf ears and the conversation often made their situations worse.

Hard nosed, proud, inexperienced campus manager trying to make a name for herself by inflicting as much pain as possible to all parties within reach.Clearly high on a new-found position of power. Reckless, unreasonable, non-negotiable and asked staff members to spy on each other and report their findings. A sad and ridiculous way to run a federally funded grant program. A squandered opportunity and resources with a campus manager that could care less. Thrived on opening "investigations". No vision for the future of the school, students or staff. Just COMPLY, and march. Staff written up for clocking in 1 minute early OR late by a computer system that often wouldn't recognize employee password the first or second time.

However...a reasonable, mature campus manager would set a different tone for the school. For the students and staff's sake, I hope that the "right" person fills that office. Otherwise, it is one of the biggest money pits and wastes of time for our bright eyed, vulnerable students. Often leaving them owing huge debt for absolutely nothing.
RBI
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: job security
Great work culture, compensation is entry level, not much room for company growth and things change constantly.
Admissions Intern
Admissions Intern (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 15, 2014
Pros: workshops, learning in different departments
Cons: micromanaged at times
Good company to work for, atmosphere is always upbeat in the admissions side, long days didn't seem so bad!
It's what you make of it
Student (Former Employee), fairview Heights IlSeptember 12, 2014
It's a school full of girls, drama happens, but Its up to you whether or not you want to participate in them.
NA
Student Services Coordinator/ Human Resources (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 9, 2014
On resume with Key Achievements and
Duties
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
productive and positive environment
Performance Floor Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: professional, benefits, medical, paid holidays, and atmosphere
Cons: upper management was in minnesota
Regency is one of the most organized schools that I have ever worked for. There was a lot of support from upper management and HR. Great training. Received the tools that I needed to be successful.
Fun job
Student Financial Aid Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 28, 2014
Fun internship with a great company. Very great culture and good environment.
Started out great then....
Instructor/Educator (Former Employee), FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: hours, ok benefits
Cons: management, pay
Unfortunately most beauty schools teach to pass the state test, if you are fortunate as a student to have an instructor that will not only teach you to pass the test but also how to succeed behind the chair, you found something great.

Regency's curriculum, old and new leaves alot to be desired. What ever happened to teaching?? Videos that are hard to follow for both students and instructors, not to mention outdated. New curriculum on ipads with hair cutting with no structure or basic principles. If you try to bring in outside educational materials to help students learn, you get in trouble.

Management is a joke because they are too busy trying to better themselves and let problems fester and then when addressed do nothing about them. They play favorites, and it really doesn't matter how good of an educator you are, if they don't like you they will look for every reason to get rid of you. If you try to move or grow, forget it! It's ok for them to be out shopping, taking extended lunches, personal calls, and playing games on their phones.

Coworkers, that's another story, you have some great ones and then others that think it should just be fun or think they know everything and belittle students and coworkers alike. Working in any job has it ups and downs with coworkers, but when things get out of hand and management does nothing for years, it becomes an impossible place to work.

The only good thing I have to say is that the students bring much joy when they grasp the concepts you have taught them and watch them become successful!
No pay because I was a student
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: learned about hair care, skin care, and nail care
I was a cosmetology student, so I did not get paid. However, I loved what I did.

1 2 3