The Hilton Garden Inn and Regency Conference Center is seeking an experienced sous chef to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with chef’s staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes in order to create quality food products. Will additionally supervise, train staff and work in all stations.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Assigns, in detail specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Schedules culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adheres to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Supervises daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintains vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service repair.
- Prepares all pantry food items according to standard pantry recipes or, as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guest; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, checking on portion control, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Ensures that all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for following recipes. Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in work station.
- Must have knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart or truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of kitchen safety.
- Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Remains current on business trends and local activities.
- Practices the “Alliance Hospitality Culture” and ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced throughout the Culinary Department.
- Responsible for following directions and performing work as assigned by a supervisor or manager.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Culinary or Apprenticeship program
- Five years line cook experience
- Must have exceptionally high sanitation standards
- Must Food Handlers Certification/Health Card where States or Cities require this document.
- Must have a Culinary Degree from a two or four year academic institution.
- A La Carte and banquet experience a must.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- ACF, CC, CSC or CCC a plus
A background check and drug test are required. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.