REGENCY HOSPICE Employee Reviews

To see them smile is all I need.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAAugust 8, 2017
I will go where I am needed. We would do activities with the residents. Just spending time with them talking to them, just to see a smile on their faces.
Pros
Making the resident filled loved
Cons
Getting to attached to the residents
good place doing good work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2017
Provides the opportunity to assist patients at the most important time in their life. Provides opportunites to witness and be a part of transition. Patients and their families were such a blessing to get to know.
Pros
emotionally uplifting
Cons
on call
Enjoyable Company
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29607February 17, 2017
I truly enjoyed working with Regency, They are a great group of people. The clinicians, nurses, and chaplain were all very helpful in getting me introduced to their way of operation.
Pros
Great people, good working environment, good benefit package
Cons
Not enough hours at times
If not part of the clique, you don't matter.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 11, 2017
Had a great team of clinicians working under me. Another location closed down. I lost my job to a manager of a failing chaotic office. Best thing they could have done for me!!!!
Several reports of racism never addressed.
Middle management caught in multiple lies.
Some members of upper management very disrespectful and rude
I did learn a lot, like how NOT to treat people that work for you and make you successful.
I did enjoy providing care for patients, but they have become a number now, agency no longer compassionate about care although they attempt to promote the philosophy. not enough staff to provide care at times due to staffing model
Pros
I learned to be a better person
Cons
the more you do, the more you're expected to do
Horrible place to work
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 16, 2016
Manager was useless she never got from behind desk to help even when I was only nurse she had.i was on call for 2 weeks during holidays day and night for 36 pts and no help.the other staff left because of her, now they only have agency nurses .no one wants to work for her .
CASE MANAGER/RN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 9, 2016
Travel is very far. Spend almost 12 hours driving. Manager expects you to text and drive. Director gives orders, you can't talk to doctor. Supervisor will throw you under the bus to save her job.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No proper training and long hours.
Great People, Great Job
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed every single day with this company. The only reason I left was moving. It is time for me to start my career and I will never forget Regency. If you have the opportunity to work with them, do so, you will NOT regret it.
Pros
Flexible schedules, training provided.
Quality of life
Internship (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2015
Regency Hospice is a wonderful place to work. This is a caring and loving environment. That will allow you to appreciate your life and the people in it. Life should never be taken for granted.
not a good hopise for patients or employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  defuniak springsJune 3, 2015
Tthe people working there will not help you and not a good team. Very rude and dont care. If they dont like you they will take away you patients and try to run you off. your pay check will never be right and will take week to be corrected.
Good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCApril 22, 2015
Good really enjoyed working there. great experience, great people to work with. really enjoyed my internship with this company. They were great
Enjoyed the work, but it was difficult to manage the case load.
RN, Case Manager for hospice patients (Former Employee) –  Hiawassee, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Very great place for nursing, but it was difficult to manage the case load because it was above what any individual person could manage. There were very large distances to travel and too few amount of time to do charting.
productive
case manager (Current Employee) –  hiawasse gaFebruary 20, 2015
This has been a good community experience, I would like to go back into Administration in an acute care setting. I typically manage 15 patients and see them at least once per week in the home to manage all care and medications.
Ilove working with this company. Great company to work for.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day for me is getting up early every morning Monday through Friday starting my day at a patient's home or a facility. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is finding the locations were I'm suppose to be at. The most enjoyable part the job is helping people.
Pros
Free unformals
Cons
eating while driving
enjoyed working with coworkers to make a deffernce
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hiawassee, GAApril 30, 2014
long days but worth knowing you make a defference in quality of life,and learning something new each day
Pros
monthly meeting to make a deffence
Cons
not enough time in a day
below average
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 27, 2014
Levels of management EVP vs VP have different goals. Operations and marketing speak well to another, but not well of each other. They often send different messages and they are very reactive VS proactive. Fix the problems prior to occuring, not after the fact. More apt to give a man a fish and feed him for a day, then to teach the man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
100% turnover. Longest employed employee = 9 months
Full-Time Case manager for Hospice patiets
Case Manager full-time (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 11, 2013
Great team to work with. Occasionally overwhelming with expectations at times unreasonable. May do caseload, admissions, and be on-call the same day. Not a great deal of support from management. The best group of nurses I've ever worked with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
On-call
Communicating staff which is very important
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 3, 2013
It's hard to say what a typical day at hospice would be because you never know when you walk in the door what might happen with our patients that day. That is what I enjoy about my job, the different skills that I may need that particular day. I've learned that I need to be thankful for each day I am given as you never know what's in store. I manage 33 volunteers and they are a blessing to me. Their commitment and love that they show to the patients never ceases to amaze me. The hardest part of my job is talking to families while they have their loved one on hospice. The most enjoyable part are the beautiful letters and notes we receive from caregivers thanking us for taking such good care of their loved one.
Terrible company to deal with!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill SCMarch 27, 2013
Rock Hill SC - stay away from this crew - unprofessional, RUDE and unappreciative
Seeing my patients pleased with the care that I gave.Closer/personal one on one time with them
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
Meeting my patients needs to the fullest.Being able to have personal time to talk and listen to my patients.
Regency Hospice Certified Nursing Aide
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCFebruary 11, 2013
travel from location to location Homes of patients or facilities. Assist patient with any ADL's that they need spend some time talking with patient and help patient feel comfortable and cared for.
I have learned that although working in Hospice is a very difficult job to work in it is a very rewarding job.
The hardest part of the job is seeing patients in so much pain and seeing the family in so much sorrow.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone feel loved, cared about and happy during this time in their life.
Pros
caring for patients and making a difference for them
Cons
patient load goes up and down, not good travel reimbursement and last minute changes to your daily schedule