Regency Hospital Company Employee Reviews

Loved working and getting to know my patients.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 26, 2017
I love helping people and that's what I done here. Most of the people that I worked with were good people to work with they would help when needed with the patient's.
Pros
working with people
Cons
sometimes no breaks in 12 hours
Enjoyed working for regency hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 21, 2017
Regency hospital corporation was an excellent long term acute care hospital. I saw great patient outcomes. I had a great working experience with great coworkers.
Has slowed down with low patient census
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 12, 2017
Transferred to this facility when I moved to Mississippi. They have gone through a criteria change for patient admission, which has lowered patient census.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
decrease patient census
its a fun place to work. everyone is nice and will help if asked
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJune 10, 2017
i like working here.. the staff and mangers are nice and attentive. i love being a part of a life saving team.. i enjoy seeing my patients up smiling and talking..
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive place to work
Medical Records Clerk-prn (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 9, 2017
I really don't remember much about this job, I worked there almost 10 years ago and it is required that I write this review to get to the next step indeed.
Love/Hate
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 13, 2017
This was a great place to work. My problem had to do with the fact that I personally do not like LTAC nursing. I had never done this type of work and thought it was time for a change; big mistake.
Another great place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 10, 2017
There were many types of tasks at this job that kept it interesting. time always went fast there. there was great people to work with. Being on call was not mt favorite thing.
Pros
Interesting place to work
Cons
Lack of help
Was a good work experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 8, 2017
Hospital closed after shutdown. Regency Hospital was about teamwork and great patient care. Really enjoyed the patient care and family oriented attitude
Productive and well worked place
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg MsApril 26, 2017
Good place to work good coworkers fun patients are a joy to work with. Would give good recommendation pay is good. Benefits are good and good location.
Benefits
Cons
Breaks
A good training ground for nurses who intend to work for an LTACH environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 25, 2017
I was able to work with the best nurses in Central GA. We had a diverse group of nurses with different backgrounds such as the ICU, ER, Medical-Surgical, and Dialysis.
Fast-paced
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 24, 2017
This facility is fast-paced. It is challenging in a way that helps one expand their skills, no matter which department they work in. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
Great place to gain experience but not a great employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 24, 2017
Workloads are often too heavy due to short staffing. Good middle Management but corporate limits their ability to properly staff causing a high turnover. Overall great people all over the company and rewarding job but this is a high stress and high acuity patient population. You will learn a lot but will likely burn out.
Coworkers can make or break it
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 17, 2017
I always enjoyed getting to talk to the patients and see their condition improve. Some of the employees are unprofessional or just flat out rude and others were amazing.
Regency
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2017
I have nothing to say bad about Regency. Great company and it saddens me that they got brought out and moving their business office to PA. I will still be there if this had not happen
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 13, 2017
This is a great place to work. The pharmacy is small and the result is a close knit group. The way they all worked together is extremely beneficial.
Want to work hard?
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 6, 2017
It’s a good place to work at, if you want to gain different kind of experiences and work hard. There, you will work with a wide range of patients: the ones who are alert and oriented x3 and independent to the ones who are comatose. Your challenging patients are the ones in between: who are noncompliant, confused, combative, and/ cannot be redirected. You will work with people on vents, feeding tubes, IV’s, ect. People with wound vacs, JP drains, wound cares, etc.
Be prepared to work hard. Most of the times, it will be physically, mentally, and emotionally draining for you. Especially because it is a 12-hours shift and you do rounds every 2 hours. On the floor, they only have tiled floors, thus you will be standing and walking all day on hard floors. Eventually, your legs and feet will hurt. But, since you only work 3 days per week, thus you will have 4 days to rest. This is also a good thing, if you have other things going on in your life such as school, kids, etc. However, I wouldn’t recommend working another part time job while you work here full time because you can be scheduled on the days that you will be working at your other job. If that happens, then you must find someone to trade with you or call in. There is no block schedule here. However, you can choose the days that you want to work. And, they will give it to you, IF they can. No guarantees though.
Regency is a small hospital thus everyone knows everyone. They have a big parking lot right next to the hospital for customers and employees to use, and it’s free! The people that I worked with
  more... are nice and hardworking, thus the teamwork was great! I worked hard but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of things. Plus, the good teamwork made the work tolerable.  less
Pros
Only work 3 days/week. Can pick your own days to work, IF possible. Free parking lot. Great teamwork!
Cons
Being on your feet for 12 hours. Working with challenging patients. Work can be emotionally, mentally, and physically draining.
Favortism and lack of communication
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 3, 2017
Employees work under pressure while supervisor favor their best with less work load.
Restricted from taking breaks and leaving the room for 12hrs
You can only go for breaks when someone come to relieve you.
scheduled shift could be cancelled at anytime. no job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 19, 2017
is a small hospital, staffing to patient ratio is high.shifts not flexible, only 12 hour shifts available. management changes very frequently, never know what to expect
Pros
able to bond with co workers
Cons
short, breaks sometimes none
giving quality time to patients & their families
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INMarch 5, 2017
I orientated 12 new grads which I loved but the charge nurse then became intern mgr had it out for 8 of us which were her best nurses and found a way to eliminate us all. I loved the patients I worked with as well as the doc, PT, and OT , dietary, got certified in picc line insertion, ran most of the code blues due to IMCU/ ICU experience, redid all the crash carts to make sure they were up to hospital code, intern charge nurse put orders in the computer, answered phones and filled in for the secretory when she was sick.
Pros
worked with a variable of great nurses lpns & cnas
Cons
management and primary educator
good start
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2017
This was a great place to start as a new nurse. I learned about many different kinds of patients. The pay was good and the benefits were not that bad either. The nurse to patient ratio made it difficult to do my job well so I moved on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regency Hospital Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval