Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, competitive and excellent work culture
Co-op, Oncology Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
I learned multi-tasking and managing work at limited time during this Co-op. I was exposed to new techniques. We have to be competitive and fast-paced to excel at industry.
Pros
Free lunches, great work culture
Best job I ever had!
Facilities Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 9, 2016
This was a summer internship I had while I was home from school. They had an amazing work environment, very comfortable pay, and the nicest employees to work with. Being an intern, they challenged me with hard work and motivated me to want to do it and do it well. I learned a ton working there and I had a great time doing it.
Pros
Relaxed/challenging/fun/motivational environment
Cons
Regeneron is a good employer, and a good place to work
Biotech Production Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYApril 25, 2016
I have worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals for 3 years in the manufacturing department. The company is growing very quickly, has a very healthy culture, and is relatively flexible to the needs and wants of its workforce. They go out of their way to do numerous small events such as bringing ice cream trucks to the employees, and hosting some enjoyable year end holiday parties. I have greatly enjoyed my time working here, and consider myself fortunate to have started right after college.

The only thing to watch for is that in the manufacturing groups it is very easy to work 70-80+ hours a week. Overtime is freely given to all who want it, but sometimes the schedule and processes dictate very long continuous work times.
Pros
Lots of free events, good benefits, good people.
Cons
In manufacturing work weeks of 70-80+ hours are not uncommon.
Outstanding organization
Senior Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 12, 2016
This organization has learned the importance of treating Its employees with respect. The culture is very encouraging for the total workforce experience.
Pros
Treated with Respect
Cons
Hardwork
Research Associate III
research associate III (Former Employee) –  tarrytown,nySeptember 28, 2015
Over hyped company due to rising stocks, poor management, stressful environment, learned absolutely nothing, coworkers all stressed out due to pressure, hardest part complete ignorance and arrogance of management
What Device Development?
Sr.DEVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  RENSSELAERJune 4, 2015
The company does NOT design, nor make any hardware devices so don't be fooled by the title "Device Development. These device development jobs are actually only lab tech jobs, testing and putting on excel spreadsheets the results of the tests that OTHER COMPANIES make and Regeneron fills with drug product. So if you are truly a device development engineer, don't come here, you will be quickly disappointed. STAY AWAY.

If you read all the other reviews, you will see that the good reviews are done by interns, coops and fresh outs which Regeneron thrives on, hence the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss". Professionals know better.

HR department is terrible. As a senior engineer, I couldn't get them to return my phone call about a job posting. AND SO YOU DON'T THINK IT 'S JUST ME COMPLAINING, MY BOSS CALLED AND THEY WOULDN'T RETURN HIS CALL EITHER. IMAGINE THAT......

Management is terrible at the site level. They are arrogant, non-caring and under qualified to be Managers. They were mostly science majors and promoted to Manager level with no training in Management.

If you are truly a device engineer, my best advise is try Boston, or northern NJ.
Pros
free breakfast on Friday
Cons
Poor management
Productive, professional, interactive workplace
Temp Coordinator and HRIS Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of data entry pertaining to all types of various new hires. Communicating with the actual candidates via email and telephone. Reporting to superiors regarding data entry.
Initiating and reviewing back ground checks. Creating folders and files, auditing ones self as well as colleagues, Brain storming to problem solve any onboarding issues encountered. And various other tasks related to data entry and the onboarding process for new hires.
Pros
Large cafeteria with many selections, helpful colleagues, challenging work atmosphere, weekly celebrations, professionalism
great company
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 20, 2015
great company

great outlook in science.. and potential to grow
Intern review
Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYDecember 2, 2014
Good environment for intern and excellent location right outside the city. Plenty of programs for interns and also lots of support from the employees and a lot of fun overall. Cool company overall and learned a lot about the pharma industry and also about fda approval process.
The Administrative Assistants are Back-Stabbers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 24, 2014
The lack of respect some people have is ridiculous. The upper level admins schedule meetings based on their bosses availability and then they expect you to rearrange your schedule in order to accommodate. Including if you're supposed to meet a candidate, you're expected to rearrange the candidate's interview schedule.

You can't trust any admins. They don't have any team-building activities for admins. Most admin's accuse other admin's of dropping the ball when they're the one who refuses to coordinate lunches and/or travel.

There's so many fat lazy people, they push their work on other people and don't take ownership.

It's bad enough that your bosses and most colleagues treat you like garbage. Then you have to deal with another level of bologna from the very people who are supposed to help support you.
Pros
free lunches, if you like scraps at times.
Cons
can leave without your boss noticing.
Rapidly Growing Pharmaceutical Company
Project Coordinator CMC (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJuly 9, 2014
I learned a vast amount about biotechnology and was introduced to the complexities of the pharmaceutical industry and the many steps involved in its' success. The most enjoyable part of the job was being challenged each day and learning something new every day. I personally embraced learning as much as I could about this fascinating business. Extreme improvements are necessary in the HR Department and proper skills and training are necessary for managers in order to consistently and successfully interact with subordinates as fellow employees with the same goal of company success in mind. The intended company culture is often not practiced or encouraged in each department. Overall, the employees were friendly.
Good mission horrible management and HR
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 3, 2014
Horrible HR. Internal to HR, and in the eyes of the business.
Best place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYNovember 19, 2013
Regeneron's culture is unlike many Pharma, it guides its workers to a life based on science and allows growth and individual's inputs are valued.

Overall a great place to work for,
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Engineering Specialist, Product Development (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYOctober 15, 2013
A growing company with lot of opportunities for fresh graduates and experienced candidates.
Nice place to work
Lead Data Manager (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 16, 2012
Did not work at this place very long but, the experience is that if you are a full employee they treat you very nice and compensate you well.
Pros
very nice to the temporary workers
Cons
experience of the management
A Great Large Bio Pharma with a Small Family Feel!
HR Staffing Executive Recruiter and Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 19, 2012
Its so much to write please refer to my resume. In a nut shell the culture here is great! The atmosphere is awesome! Time flies when you work here. The hardest part is how busy we are but I love it. The best part of my job is candidate interaction!
Pros
food food and more food!
Cons
growing faster than we can manage at times

Comment – June 27, 2012

Sounds like a great atmosphere to work in!

Comment – October 1, 2012

Wow

great place to work
biotech ll production specialist (Former Employee) –  rensselaer nyFebruary 27, 2012
great people, i was well taught well, very interesting work and tons of extra benifits
Pros
tons of over time
Cons
gets a little boring