REGENT CARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 4, 2015
I liked the fast paced work environment and co-workers are impeccably nice. Working there was very easy going and I would work there again if I could.
Productive and understanding
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2015
Awesome work place with understanding and supportive management! They really care about their residents/patients which means a lot to me. I learned a lot from my co-workers as well which is great because Regent Care is a teaching facility!
Self Taught
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 23, 2015
I self taught myself alot of things. That was okay. Overall the vibe of the company was very dull. The hardest part of the job was being friendly because everyone was not friendly back.
ok
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 3, 2015
great place to work, but pay needs to improve. Management was great had its ups and downs. overall would go back and continue working there if position was available.
Great Place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
Regent was a great place to work. I enjoyed the staff. I really enjoyed the patients.I miss my patients.The hardest part of the job was when a patient passes away.You really get close to a lot of the patients and thier families.
work
CNA (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Poor management, and too many law suits. loved working there at first, then started hating due to too much drama and management not knowing how to handle it and also way too many people were doing no call no shows and were still be allowed to keep there jobs.
Pros
work hours
Cons
under staff
Enjoyed working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working here, really was a great place to work, long hours, the pay was pretty good, and management was understanding of many different issues.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement
its ok
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 15, 2015
not a good place to work management is very difficult and not organized no seems to know what they are suppose to be doing or even how to do it very dis organized
Pros
co workers are really good to work with
Cons
management not so great
Well integrated, kind people.
CNA (Current Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 6, 2015
Regent Care Center is a wonderful place. I enjoy the residents and the other aides are a joy to work with. The staffing coordinator is absolutely wonderful. My time working here has been pleasant.
CNA/PCA
CNA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXMay 31, 2015
My typical day at work provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
Management was very cordial about issue with patients but firm.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay of travel to client, no health benefits

Want to know more about REGENT CARE CENTER?

Ask a question
Disaster
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 21, 2015
The moment I walk in as an employee is a disaster. LVN's don't know how to mange the schedule for CNA's. LVN's don't know how to distribute work appropriately. There is constant disagreements and arguments between fellow employees or co-workers. Constant shouting and screaming at other fellow employees in front of their face. The pay is horrible. I cannot make my payments for my basic needs as a human being because the pay is so horrible. The only good thing I can say about this place is there are a few residents I really enjoy taking care of when I go to work and they appreciate the work I do for them. They express their sincere gratitude with their kind words.
very enjoyable place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  el paso , TexasMay 21, 2015
a typical day at work would be; assisting residents with their daily routine. which is grooming , oral care, dressings, assisting with wound cares, assisting with toileting. etc. working at regent care Ive learned to be a team player , to work together as a team to get stuff done , and to multi- task, Ive also learned how to speak a little bit of Spanish working here at regent care center. the management here at regent care are strict , and nice and the facility runs very smooth with them. the hardest part of my job is dealing with seeing my residents depressed and sad. and them not being able to do for themselves. the most enjoyable part of my job is to help others and be there eyes and voice.
Great staff and therapy team.....
LVN charge nurse-MCR unit-days (Former Employee) –  Woodway, TXMarch 1, 2015
Loved working the MCR unit, stressful at times, but challenging and rewarding, loved the patients, staff, and therapy team!!
Okay place to work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I worked as a CNA. Management changed twice in the six months I worked their. When budget cuts came around, they left us severely understaffed and overworked with no sign of it changing.
Part-Time Receptionist
Part-Time Receptionist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXDecember 5, 2014
Love It!
Love the Staff!
Hope to be promoted, for a long term career and retirement with company.
Fun , Friendly People as well as customers
Medical Records Clerk / Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2014
I would make sure everything was filed, answer phones, pull charts and make sure referrels were sent out and order supplies for nurses as well as for the cafeteria crew.
Pros
i learned to do admissions which i never did before
Dedicated to delivering excellence in health care for short term rehab and long term care.
Director, Social Services (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 26, 2014
My day includes doing assigned room rounds, seeing that residents have what they need and that there is nothing that could be harmful in their environment. Morning meeting and PPD review for discharges and MDS assessments. In the morning I see residents and family members who need assistance. I provide optometry, dental and podiatry appointments, document and investigate issues of missing property and other grievances. Discharge planning is a large part of my responsibilities, also providing hospice care and counsel for grieving families and staff. Losing residents I have been close to is probably the most difficult. I must stay strong and be there for family members and staff who are grieving that loss. The most enjoyable part of my job is advocating for a resident or family and having it turn out to be successful.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
tremendous work load
productive work place, new building, nice co-workers
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 9, 2014
The hardest part of this job is the time.
The most enjoyable was taking care of the people.
Pros
people, co-workers
Cons
time
Productive, easy going workplace
Social Work Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TexasJune 5, 2014
Volunteering at Regent Care Center allowed me to learn what goes into managing a facility such as this. I helped with day to day administrative duties, however I was taught a lot about how to manage people and the rules and regulations of managing such an establishment.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2014
The hardest part of the job is having to do with the residents privacy care but I enjoyed talking with them and getting to know them more, it interest me a lot. The Co-workers are friendly, most of them, and I enjoyed their company also. The management is great and neat, at least to me. I learned a lot from my previous supervisors and the co-workers too.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
healthcare