REGENT CARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Okay
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2017
Need more staff, ratio nurses to patients is poor and it’s hard to get the quality of care that the residents deserve with so little staff available so I would suggest for regent care management services to hire more dependable staff
Pros
Able to buy lunch
Cons
Pto
Wonderful residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
The management team is horrible. The DON doesn't listen to the concerns of the employees and she is very disrespectful. I won't say much but if you go to work there, you will find out on your own just what kind of place it is and the overall culture of the building. I worked with a great group of CNAs who complained of not getting annual raises and I found myself that the rate of pay is worse there than any other facility in San Antonio. I stayed as long as I did because I was in nursing school and I was attached to the residents. If the management team was better, I would return but the Administrator and DON had many complaints about them from family members who actually relocated their parents to another facility and the staff and other members of the management team complained about them as well. The turnover of employees is very high and I will always ask about this in interviews going forward in my future career. I'm glad that graduation is around the corner and I was able to leave. The residents are wonderful and the CNAs are hardworking, but there is no teamwork and the people at the top don't care about what happens to the direct care staff. The overtime is available if you need the money, but the STRESS is very real.
Pros
Overtime, nice residents
Cons
Disrespect from DON
productive
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 31, 2017
it was a typical work day,i learned how to work in dietary field,no comment about management,the workplace was good,the hardest part of the job was having to take 45min lunch breaks everyday my most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lunch breaks
Fun and rewarding working with elderly population
Social Work Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 25, 2017
Regent Care is a fast paced working environment, but a very rewarding experience in working with the elderly population. You form trusting relationships with residents and staff.
Pros
Very rewarding experience in working with the elderly population
first job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  staff nurseOctober 21, 2017
Ok as a first job. Did not like the work environment. Lots of partiality.
management was horrible, always understaffed. would not recommend to anybody
standard
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 12, 2017
i wouldn't recommend anyone work unless they're getting paid at least 20 an hr. this is a hardworking job that doesn't get enough credit and that is why i no longer work there
Stole vacation hours
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Only a couple weeks before they subcontracted our department and turned us over to the subcontractor they heard me say that the time I was taking off to see my mom in ICU was desired to be unpaid time off because I wanted to save my vacation hours for summer. They could have told me to use my vacation time so I wouldn't lose it.
Pros
Cons
Biggest is they didn't warn that we were being given to subcontractor
we take the residents out side for barbeque play games with them fun stuff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 3, 2017
working in a nursing home is a lot of work. The great thing about the nursing home is the residents. the laughter and the story that they tell you all the time. priceless. you have to love what you do. or that is not the place for you to work. I worked in the nursing home for 16yrs. it was great. but a lot of work. with under staff they can make it a hole lot better.
Pros
holidyas you eat free.
Cons
need more staff.
Great job for starters
Medical Records & Central Supply (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 22, 2017
No one bothers you as long as you get what you need to get done. Coworkers aren't the greatest of environment, but there are few that are great. No annual raises.
Productive and fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 21, 2017
Very relaxing, patient care, practicing hippa. Hard part about the job is sometimes people don't show up to their shifts. I live patient care and getting to know my residents and family members.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short of staff
Nope
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodway, TXAugust 18, 2017
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. The administrator and DON make a horrible team! The nurses and aides are hostile and the place is full of drama. Wouldn't step foot back in there unless it was under new management.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  League City, TXAugust 17, 2017
Absolutely a beautiful building!!!!! Staff was very friendly, I had my father there as well. Very clean place. I highly recommend this place. Never any issues there
Es un ambiente de trabajo grupal
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 13, 2017
Es un ambiente de compañerismo entre todos los trabajadores
Pros
El tiempo
Cons
El salario
Social Services Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2017
Recently the company has added two more paid holidays and offered an employee match on the 401K which was great for morale. It is a fast paced building offering long term care as well as skilled nursing care. The staff are friendly and there is a great administrative team with great longevity.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89502June 14, 2017
Helping pt.s with daily living care. dressing, hygiene, eating, bathing, and socializing with other pt.s

get the pt. dressed and up for breakfast, going to the dining room to help feed people and/or help them eat. Next when everyone is cleared out of the dinning room, lay some people down then give showers - 2-3 a day. Then get the others changed and ready for lunch. Same thing get everyone down to lunch help some eat and socialize. Then clear the dining room and lay some pt.s down for a nap and give report and go home.
Got my experience!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
Started working here as a brand new cna. Hard job as all nursing home. Love the experience but im happy i move on to a better place where cna jobs is more apreciated.
I've been here almost 4 years in this year is the by far the worst that i have here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 9, 2017
For them learn how to treat in respect there employee the give more money when its is earn. The resident here is very easy to work with. The hours are great .
Not a great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2017
I felt that my patients were receiving amazing care when I was on the floor, however when they were being surrounded by other staff I was worried at times, I heard from families and patients alike.
Pros
Cons
work load
The staff was nice, management left alot to be desired.
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 4, 2017
As an employee for almost 2 years, promises were made and never came to fruition. The management only care about the bottom line and don't focus on how or who is actually getting it done. Management only look out for their own and will find ways to put one down if it doesn't go their way. They cut hours left and right and expect the same outcome as a 5 star facility. In 2 years no raises have been given and the one i did recieve was for 9 cents. other people were lucky to get 5 cents. I did inventory, catering, and diet orders and all i got was the boot for asking for a raise. In reality if it wasn't for the hardworking people that put the residents first, this building would be a no star facility.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no support from management or corporate
Great Company
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Great company and excellent staff. No growth opportunities and no promotions, however. Best therapy and best place to work.