REGENT CARE CENTER

REGENT CARE CENTER Employer Reviews

Okay place to work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I worked as a CNA. Management changed twice in the six months I worked their. When budget cuts came around, they left us severely understaffed and overworked with no sign of it changing.
Part-Time Receptionist
Part-Time Receptionist (Current Employee), League City, TXDecember 5, 2014
Love It!
Love the Staff!
Hope to be promoted, for a long term career and retirement with company.
Fun , Friendly People as well as customers
Medical Records Clerk / Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: i learned to do admissions which i never did before
I would make sure everything was filed, answer phones, pull charts and make sure referrels were sent out and order supplies for nurses as well as for the cafeteria crew.
Dedicated to delivering excellence in health care for short term rehab and long term care.
Director, Social Services (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: tremendous work load
My day includes doing assigned room rounds, seeing that residents have what they need and that there is nothing that could be harmful in their environment. Morning meeting and PPD review for discharges and MDS assessments. In the morning I see residents and family members who need assistance. I provide optometry, dental and podiatry appointments, document and investigate issues of missing property and other grievances. Discharge planning is a large part of my responsibilities, also providing hospice care and counsel for grieving families and staff. Losing residents I have been close to is probably the most difficult. I must stay strong and be there for family members and staff who are grieving that loss. The most enjoyable part of my job is advocating for a resident or family and having it turn out to be successful.
productive work place, new building, nice co-workers
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: people, co-workers
Cons: time
The hardest part of this job is the time.
The most enjoyable was taking care of the people.
Productive, easy going workplace
Social Work Volunteer (Current Employee), San Marcos, TexasJune 5, 2014
Volunteering at Regent Care Center allowed me to learn what goes into managing a facility such as this. I helped with day to day administrative duties, however I was taught a lot about how to manage people and the rules and regulations of managing such an establishment.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 5, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: healthcare
The hardest part of the job is having to do with the residents privacy care but I enjoyed talking with them and getting to know them more, it interest me a lot. The Co-workers are friendly, most of them, and I enjoyed their company also. The management is great and neat, at least to me. I learned a lot from my previous supervisors and the co-workers too.
Very Exciting To Work With Patients
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), League City, TXDecember 8, 2013
Pros: patients adore you
Cons: bad staffing management and pay
My experience with this company are good. They have some good management and some bad. The work place is overall good with the co workers.The patients are very loveable and just need caring of their providers.
great in speciality areas
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJDecember 4, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Only worked there a short time, so I don't have a lot to say. Pretty good while I was there.
Fun workplace
CNA (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 1, 2013
I love helping others and seeing a smile on their face when you help the ones in need. It makes me feel good knowing I did something good for someone that could not do for themself.
Activities area is a great to play ping pond
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: willing to work together
Cons: not in favor of something good
When my client is ill
How ro take care of the sick
Great management
Great team to work with
When lifting a client without help
When we get together for staff meeting
Very unorganized workplace
CNA (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: show's appreciation for employee's
Cons: no good benefits
A typical job day is usually busy for certified nurse aides. CNA's take care the residents, which is not a easy job. What I learned is take pride in your work and show that you care.
staff works together well.
LVN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), League City,TxOctober 29, 2013
Pros: nursing schedule: monday through friday /double weekends
Cons: nursing schedule.
Lovely residents.Excellent staff/coworkers.MD's and assistants in facility often.
Enjoy working with families and seeing patients.
Receptionist/ Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2013
Pros: being able to work at my own pace, as long as the deadlines were met.
Cons: having to work weekends.
Answering all incoming calls, transfer calls to nurses station, greeting families, assisting with admissions. Updating demographics, receiving payments for accounts. Various clerical duties, coping, faxing, data entry. Management requires more organization. Co-workers may need customer service training. The hardest part of my job was not getting close to the patients and knowing my position as a professional. The most enjoyable part of the type of work I do is dealing with the public.
Fun place to work and interact with cliental.
Activity Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 15, 2013
Pros: doing activities with residents.
Cons: having to rush on everything.
A typical day of work would be help clients to the activities room and getting them to engage in the activities and games. Management was good and expressing and communicating what was need to do the job right. Co-workers were also good about making sure the job was done right and that the clients enjoyed themselves. The hardest part was the paper and making sure it got to the right people. The most enjoyable part was doing activities with the residents.
n/a
(CNA) Certified Nurse Asst (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXAugust 14, 2013
I help the residents do daily actives such as bath, eat, etc.
It was eventful
Housekeeping/ services, Supervisor Janice Bateson (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 2, 2013
On a typical day I would clock in after I put my stuff away and depending on what part of the week it was I would either take laundry down to the laundry room or go pick up trash. I learned that there are times when you need to take care of things on your own and theres times when you need to go to someone for advice. The hardest part was doing the deep cleans in the residents rooms. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents and making them happy.
Nursing Staff efficent but lacks staff and proper management
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), League City, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: work schedule and clean enviroment
Cons: poor continuity of care and lack of leadership with management
The nurses work alot of overtime and get over worked due to lack of staffing. The management is not really supportive of there nurses when there is lack of staffing.
Very fast pace.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), League City, TXApril 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers, the residents.
Cons: long breaks when census is low, cancelling of staff when census is low, no appreciation from management team.
A typical day I report to the job receive report. Check staffing book usually have to move around CNA's due to call ins. Start Blood sugars and treatments. I learned about taking more of a management role and delegating task. I have been with the company for five years and seen several different managers. The managers we have today are really not helpful. I love my co- workers and we come together as a team. The hardest part of my job is the staffing issue. The most enjoyable is caring for the residents and getting along with fellow co-workers.
working with elders
Housekeeper (Former Employee), King, NCMarch 26, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: drama filled
it was a great place to work! helping eith the elders talking to them and making them feel happy about the remaining time of their lifes!