Regional Hospital of Jackson Employee Reviews in United States

Great frontline people to work with management is a different story
medical worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 24, 2012
This hospital has a family feel among the working staff and everyone tries to help each other. The hardest part is anytime they introduce anything new they don't do a lot of necessary training. It's like one class and they feel your ready to go. Management does not listen to the people who actually do the work, they listen more to someone sitting behind a desk who has not done floor work in many years.
Your also always worried if you make a mistake you'll be fired. Now your department directors are not this way for the most part they try to do things right but usually their hands are tied by upper management. I have work for worst its bearable.
I love my job, staff, and my dept. coworkers are my family. My director is awesome
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Regional Hospital of JacksonMarch 23, 2015
I have been an employee for 18 months and have been treated with so much gratitude. The staff is a team as a whole, upper management and everyone in Human Resources are so sweet. The hospital always shows their appreciation for your work... popcorn, doughnut, pizza, ice cream parties, cook outs and rents the Family Fun Center for your whole family once a year, which is a very expensive event. I love working here! Join our team...
Pros
friendly and appreciative
Cons
hiring process approval takes longer than it should
Great department
System Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 3, 2015
I loved going to work interacting with all the employees. My job was never the same always something different. I also had a great director.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Great employees to work with, terrible upper management
Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Lots of politics involved in the way things are ran. Upper management not involved enough in problems that the departments face (old equipment, etc.) Not rewarded on merits. However, MOST of the staff was wonderful.
Pros
made lots of good friends there
Cons
terrible hours (manditorily changed from what you initially hired into)
Fun place to work
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 17, 2015
I love meeting new patients and talking with them on the phone. After being employed here for a total of 16 years, my coworkers were like an extended family. I learned a lot about healthcare and benefits. I learned how to listen to patients if they needed someone to talk to. I love taking care of others and putting them first.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
we had several different supervisors over the course of the years
Great Hospital Operation, No major issues in operation
Director of Environmental services/ Safety officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Operation of Environmental Services department was no problem. Salaried operation allowed for flexible work schedule. Facility provided for additional educational options.
Pros
great job, great benefits
Cons
no problems were identified
Excellent place to work:friendly,helpful and flexible with schedules/time off/vacation time.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 1, 2013
A rewarding experience taking care of patients. Some days more difficult than others. Departments in the hospital cooperative/friendly. Benefits excellent. Always enjoyed taking care of my patients, working with exceptional co-workers. Big family atmosphere. Hardest part of my job was when family were losing their loved one.
Pros
several activities for employees and their families
Cons
short breaks, not enough time in the day to do all you need to do.
Very friendly and professional management and coworkers.
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 2, 2014
I enjoy working at this facility. My manager and senior management, as well as coworkers have made my transition here a pleasant one. I would recommend Regional Hospital to my friends and family for potential employment.
Pros
employee discount in cafeteria.
Cons
paper medical record.
Productive, fast pace, and growing.
Contract Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jackson TNJune 1, 2015
A typical day would consist of running variance reports to work to confirm if the insurance company has paid the claims correctly. The job is very detailed because you must work each claim carefully to make sure that the claim was not overpaid or underpaid.
I loved working in Surgery
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2013
I loved working in surgery and the people I worked with were awesome. The biggest mistake I made was tranferring into another department. Supervisor was totally different and the staff was very hard to get along with.
Pros
the doctors
Cons
some of the supervisors and staff
A good place to avoid wasting your time applying
EVS (Former Employee) –  Jackson,TnMarch 6, 2013
They run job ads for weeks and procrastinate. Human Resources doesn't follow through with anything even with an inside referal.
Cons
don't bother
fun, awesome job, great staff, incenitives
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 28, 2014
good place to work
not alot of stress.
great people to work for.
teamwork approach.
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
none.
Working with people
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 4, 2013
I transferred to this hospital from one in Florida doing the same work. I liked working with people and handling the patient files and insurance
Pros
close to home
Great location
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 1, 2013
Getting to know patients. Being employee here for five years you learn the patients as well as their families
Pros
great staff
Cons
need updated equipment
Great hospital
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 2, 2014
Great place to work!!!!
Flexible schedule, team work, and wide variety of skills.

Regional Hospital of Jackson Reviews by Location