Regional Management Corp

Regional Management Corp Employer Reviews

Good work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Conroe,TxMay 20, 2014
Pros: polite staff
Cons: long hours as a manager
I love the work I do I just spend too much time there. Typical day take in payments, bring accts to current, make phone calls to delinquent customers, make folders for new accts, inputting new data into paradata, and calculating profit and loss etc.
Uncomfortable environment with extreme favortism
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), High Point, N.C.January 31, 2013
Pros: i left.
Cons: poor management practices.
"Boiler room" collection practices in limited work area. Someone over your shoulder at all times. Collect from an account card and hand write documentation on the back (2000+ accts.). "Do not document" any collection activities to a readily available computer account system. Account cards may or may not be on any of seven desks at any time. Makes work – more... slow and hard.

Questionable refinance practices. "Flipping" delinquent loans to meet monthly bonus numbers. This is simply done by increasing the amount of the loan being refinanced to appear as a new loan. Customer folders in the floor and on top of cabinets. Filing months behind. Many cannot be located.

Employees sneak up behind coworkers and scream very loud in hopes to scare them. This was a common practice. Employees take pictures of cash deposit to send out and show friends a "big stack of money".

I applied for my Credit Life and A&H license and it was never completed due not being funded, but yet was told to go ahead and include insurance on finance contracts Was never given an office key limiting my collection time in the evening.

One toilet for seven employees, both male and female.

Some employees do as they please: ie personal business and cell phone use, leave and remain gone for 2-3 hours, absolutely no help from other employees, refuse to take payment after closing time if it is cash.

Ask manager for assistance and get told "we all do it our own way".

Extremely low morale. Felt like going into a dungeon every day. Heads hanging with tails between their legs, except for a couple.

This could be a comfortable place to work if management was applied properly.

I have been in finance for more than 20 years and cannot understand how a branch can continue to function with all of the consumer lending laws we have to adhere to and employees are treated like either a slave or a favorite.
I asked this and was told, "we always make our numbers". Imagine how much better "the numbers" could be if the work environment was more professional, pleasant, and all employees were treated fairly without favortism to some. – less
Dont even think about working here!
manager (Current Employee), Greenville, scOctober 26, 2012
Pros: none. this place is the pits.
Cons: terrible management. poor pay. old equipment. we deal with worst people.
Absolutely the worst company I ever worked at. This place is all about the 4 people in senior management. Senior management spends all kinds of money on what they want but we can't even get decent phones to work with. Everyone hates it here but in this economy where else is there to work? Senior management is always bragging about the trips they take – more... and the speeches they give but ride us like mules if we don't collect enough money or sell enough insurance when we make these really high interest loans. You can tell we are nothing but the servants to our masters the senior management . Avoid this place unless you have no pride or no conscience. As someone said lately, god I hate this place. – less
Very unproductive enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee), GreerSeptember 8, 2012
If working for this corporation,there is no loyalty.No matter how long ,How hard or what you give up for this company it is not ever enough.Hope to God you never encounter a family emergency,Family birth and or etc.You will be told to make the choice between family and Job...Now ,They claim to be a family working enviroment....BEWARE>>>!!!!!!
Horrible place to work
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 29, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: long hours, brow beating, dictatorship, poor management, high turnover
In my career in finance this is the worst run company ever. They have no corporate training and expect everyone to work 8am to 9pm mon thru sat., they burn the employees out and have very high turnover rate. They still use old school tactics like using ledger cards to track customers accounts and post payments which is cumbersome and time consuming – more... and they still think that this is the best way to track customers and post payments. They lure you in to working there by saying its just like a family atmosphere which is other farthest thing from the truth, the only family is literally the people who work at the home office in Greenville, South Carolina as most are really related blood wise or thru marriage. You make the biggest mistake of your life if you take any position with this company. – less