Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point

Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Employee Reviews

Good
Trauma/Emergency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 13, 2016
Staff is very professional and knowledgeable. Very good hospital to learn skills while caring for high acuity patients. After working ER/trauma here, you will be an expert on ground level falls, overdose, copd exacerbation, withdrawal, baker acts , sepsis, MI, CVA, and chest pain.
Pros
Great teaching
Cons
Terrible food
Stressful
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Very busy and sometimes understaffed to where nurses are stretched too thin to provide adequate care. Too many patients per nurse. Felt unable to provide safe care.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Staffing
professional place and experienced hospital.
Echocardiologist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Quality, professional and respect. The hospital is engaging to new and improved ideas, and are equipped with advanced equipment. The supervisors and managers are qualified and professional, they listen and understand what is best for the, employee's, doctors and patients. The CEO has expertise and has the hospital running in a advanced and professional state.
Friendly and welcoming managers and staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLFebruary 22, 2016
I first worked here as a unit secretary and then after completing my education got a job as a nurse here. At that time the charge nurses really took me a scared and unsure nurse under their wing and helped me adjust in my new role.
Very busy hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJanuary 26, 2016
The hospital is very busy. Most people are helpful. Most patients complain about ER staff. Some nurses are difficult to get along with. Have a hard time getting help with patients. Not much room for advancement. Somehow some people get away with not doing much work without getting in trouble. Not very good management.
At one time best place to work. Recent years not so much
Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLNovember 7, 2015
Worked there for many years. Many changes in administration not for the good. Directors are not easy to approach. Co-workers were always the best and supervisors were the best and very caring but could only do so much without support from above. Really was a better place to work many years ago.
Pros
Awesome co-workers in all departments
Cons
Very minimal pay increase. Horrible evaluation process. Increase not based on work ethic
Very professional. Dedicated staff. Pleasant environment.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 4, 2015
Here I learned to work autonomously with assistance and teaching if and when it was needed. There is always support from all disciplines that are necessary to function as a team.
Pros
Successful organization. Caring atmosphere.
Cons
When nurses needed help there was a deficit with avalible help
RN (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 29, 2015
The patient to nurse ratio was not safe, when asking for help it was found tht more often than not help was not available. Many of the doctors were only there for short term and I felt like they did not really care about the patients.
Pros
PCM was good about having an open door policy
Cons
distance from home was too far
Fast paced, multi taked job
EKG Tech/nit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMarch 18, 2015
Monitored EKG rhythms of all patients on the unit, recorded doctor's orders, communicated with nurses about patients needs, phone receptionist.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
short breaks on long 12 hours shifts
RN's expect to be do everything
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TraumaJanuary 11, 2015
Worked here for 18 months as an RN and over the course of 18 months saw CNA's be taken away. Monitor techs were put in a central location taking away the unit secretary role. And RNs were required to handle everything without more pay. Not a safe environment for staff or patients. Then when I left, it took over a month for my position to terminate and get my PTO payout. Human Resources is never available on the phone. Employees who call in all the time or who don't keep up their nursing credentials are continuously warned and written up without consequences. Employees who perform are expected to work harder and longer and more often and get no reward for it. Would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Lots of available OT if you want it
Cons
everything

Want to know more about Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point?

Ask a question
Help With Patients
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Started At 9PM till 5:30AM Sunday-Thursday.Worked In Halls In Front Of Patients Room Late At Night.Helped Nurses With Patients And Also With Security
Pros
Took Breaks When We Could, Work Was Unsupervised
Cons
Dealing With People To Stay Off Of Wet Wax
cohesive team atmosphere
Unit Administrative Assistant and Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FlDecember 3, 2014
I'd go back tomorrow loved my coworkers loved this job and would love to go back am sorry there aren't jobs like this in the area I relocated to.

Don't know what you want me to say it was just great. Fair management and great team atmosphere with coworkers that I will be friends with forever.
Pros
people
Cons
hours and seasonal scheduling
nice place to work. staff very friendly
Full Time Float R.N (Current Employee) –  Bayonet Point, FLOctober 24, 2014
Worked on all floors of the hospital and found the staff very helpful on most floors.
Everybody that works there gets along and its a very enjoyable environment!
Intern Clinical Rotations IV-VII (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMarch 21, 2014
I have had such a wonderful experience at Bayonet Point. They are all such wonderful and helpful people with a positive work attitude!
Wonderful people
RN - Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 14, 2013
I worked there for only six months. The people were great. I worked as a CDI specialist. I just had a hard time transitioning from being an ICU nurse to having a desk job. I I left to do travel nursing.
Pros
people
Cons
Not much to do in Hudson
Hca is not a good company to work for from an employee standpoint.
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 29, 2013
If you are a director or up then you are treated very well. Everyone else is just a number. Bottom line and money are the driving force. Workers are given unrealistic workloads and expected to manage and follow the tenet....Do more with less! Then if complaints occur or patient care suffers management is ready to crucify the employee.
As a patient good care.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 20, 2012
Management change often, Just a number to management. No value as an employee. Employees are very cohesive and nice to each other so that is a plus. Always doing more with less. Bottom line is the profit number.
Pros
friendly and cohesive coworkers.
Cons
no value as an employee, cuts every year to do more with less, administration change often. no job security.
review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 29, 2012
I was a phlebotomist at Bayonet Point I would Draw blood and take specimens back to the lab. Once a week I would run the CP desk which includes ordering blood draws and other specimens.
A place to find a compassionate team of individuals that really care.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FlMarch 3, 2012
Each person plays an important role in the hospital; no one person could manage the entire care of a patient alone. Communication is our key to the quality of care and safety of the patients.
Pros
three 12 hour shifts with four days off
Cons
early mornings and late evenings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Our community is ready to answer.

Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Reviews by Location