The Regional Task Force on the Homeless (RTFH) is a nonprofit organization. On behalf of the Continuum of Care (CoC), RTFH manages our region’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); a secure online city and countywide database that enables service providers to manage their program services.
Seeking a DATA ANALYST to join the RTFH team.
Provide systems administration, technical customer support, reporting assistance, and data analysis for users of the San Diego region’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
1. Deliver HMIS solutions to meet the requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), as well as local agencies, funders, and jurisdictions.
a. Implement and support HMIS vendor developed reports:
i. Map and test new report templates when delivered by the vendor.
ii. Create end-user documentation for report audience (RTFH staff and/or agency employees).
iii. Provide input regarding content for report training classes.
b. Design and implement report solutions to meet custom reporting requests:
i. Work with requestor and/or HMIS Project Analyst to ensure specifications are well documented.
ii. Provide accurate estimate of work effort for cost and planning purposes.
iii. Deliver report solution in timely.
iv. Maintain report development modification history.
c. Perform quality assurance tests on reports mapped or developed by other Data Analysts:
i. Create test data and environment for validation.
ii. Develop and execute test cases to ensure the accuracy of the report results.
d. Run and disseminate scheduled reports on a timely basis. Respond to agency questions as needed.
2. Perform complex data analysis projects using regional homeless data.
a. Export and manipulate data using regional homeless data
b. Prepare summary reports using tables, graphs, and charts.
3. Support efforts to expand and improve a community-wide homelessness data reporting capacity by participating in the analysis, design, development, and testing phases of the expansion projects.
4. Develop and revise forms, tools, and guides for data collection.
5. Research, plan, and implement policies, procedures, and tools to assist HMIS users and partner agencies in maintaining data quality standards.
6. Provide second level technical support as needed.
7. Provide general administration of the HMIS implementation; including agency account set-up, system monitoring and testing, problem diagnosis and resolution, and routine software maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Data Standards and their implications for data management and reporting, HUD or housing specific a plus.
- Relational database management and database architecture
- Microsoft Access or SQL or comparable database tools
- Reporting software packages, such as Business Objects or Crystal Reports
- Statistical packages, such as SPSS or SAS, a plus
- Office software suite
- Telephone, office and online etiquette
Excellent Skills in:
- Attention to detail and organization
- Oral and written communication
- Customer service and relationship building
- Presentation and training
- Meet critical deadlines
- Design and produce technical documentation
- Solve complex problems and issues individually or as part of a team
- Interpret and accurately implement a variety of instructions and regulations
- Communicate effectively with persons of various social and economic backgrounds, including homeless
- Work independently with minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A Bachelors degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or a certified foreign studies equivalency in computer science, information technology, or other closely related fields, AND, two years of progressive professional experience in information technology; including experience with data analysis, statistical software, and reporting packages.
2. A minimum of five years of progressive professional experience in information technology; including experience with data analysis, statistical software, and reporting packages.
Note: Experience with web development is a plus.
Salary based on experience. Benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance, SIMPLE IRA, and paid time off. No relocation costs.
Our organization offers a casual work environment with a talented and friendly team.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please reply to this job posting with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line of your email. Local Applicants only, must be able to interview in person.
RTFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.