Regional Transit Authority Employee Reviews

My normal work week.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IANovember 2, 2017
Easy place to work.learning the needs of other people who are less fortunete. Work place has agood employee envirment. the hardest part of my job there was not having enough hours during middle of the day.throughly enjoyed the time in drivers lounge, visiting with suporviser and other employees.
Pros
Driving a route was under drivers discresion.
Cons
Not enough wages and no benefits
Rewarding
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Being an Operator Development Coach was very rewarding to me. I enjoyed establishing relationships with Bus Operators and helping them to improve in Overall Performance.
Great place to work.
Dispatcher/Supervisor, Lextran (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 28, 2017
Great place to work! Opportunity for advancement encouraged. A very diverse place to work. Everyone worked well together. I felt appreciated when I came to work!! I think working with the drivers was rewarding. As their supervisor I made sure that I was accessible to them and that they could come to me if necessary. The Union at times could be difficult at times but I always tried to work with them as much as possible. A typical day for me would start of by me making sure I had enough drivers and buses and then make bus assignments.
Pros
Promoted from within
Cons
Union
Great learning experience .
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2017
Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus . Operate the bus with great care and take full responsibility at completing fixed routes safely. Check the bus before pulling out for the work day . Make sure maintenance is up to part . Build friendly relationships with customers while providing them with a safe ride .
Pros
Great pay and a chance to meet new people
Cons
Health insurance
great job, great co workers, management is awful however
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 6, 2017
the job itself was great if you were the type of person that can work in the public, however the management is horrid, the company itself isnt so bad, neither is the work, but again the biggest glaring problem is the management, they are not qualified for the job they have.
Love working with the senior citizen
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 21, 2016
Driving a lift bus to pick up and drop off clients to and from their destination. The clients was senior citizen that had no other means of transportation to get around.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2016
I liked working for this company.I was treated fairly and always was put in a position to succeed. MY co-workers were co-opera.tive and very talentive.
Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
A Bus Operator is a time sensitive job, with fixed route schedules, great customer service, flexible, punctual with full knowledge of Safety Standards. Working for this company I've learned the true value of customer service by adhering to those who were in need of transportation and by providing them with great as well as courteous service during their transport.
Pros
You pick a job schedule that best fits your needs
Cons
Sometimes getting a route with a restroom was not an option
great company, enjoyed my time there
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2016
I felt good helping others, I was their source to work. Management was hands-off, I did not experience any personnel programs. Good pay and benefits, anything you could ask for in a job.
Part time position
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2016
its a great place to begin my career and would love to retire from this employer. I enjoy the independence that I am able to obtain working at this job.

Want to know more about Regional Transit Authority?

Ask a question
Good job
Dispatcher Article 19A Examiner (Former Employee) –  ROCHESTER NYJuly 16, 2015
Yheworki was interesting and hard long hours
Good resposibilty
Enjoyable managemnet
People who work there are dedicated and helpful
Pros
Good people
Enjoyable place to work
Light Rail Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
Typical day at work was going to the train yard to get the train, pull out on the main line and pick up passengers. I learned a lot about people and places. Management and my co-workers were helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was figuring out why the train would not move and fixing the problem. The most enjoyable part was the making friends with the passengers that rode on a daily basis.
Pros
Health care.
Cons
Split shifts.
job best suited for someone who needs something to do not money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux Center, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Driving around day in a transit vehicle loading and unloading passengers, strapping down wheel chairs then unhooking them at the destination.

You are required to drive in all kinds of weather. No benefits no rewards.

This job is best suited for someone who is retired or on disability that wants something to do for a few hours a day a couple days a week.
Pros
being able to enjoy the outdoors
Cons
driving a drafty busd at below zero temps .. no benefits
I had a good time shoting pool with the drivers and hustlers
Hustler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2014
I had to get about 25 or 30 buses clean fueled and parked in right place to be pick up the next day. I learned how to handle driving a bus. They were all was checking to see what you did. There was all was one person that made the job hard. There was all so a person that made your day go by quick.
Productive Great group of people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 18, 2014
Love going into the office with a smile on my face and leaving with that same smile. No stressing is always a plus on any job
Nice job to start but not a permanent postion
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 18, 2014
I enjoyed the job but there wasn't any room from advancement
Wonderful place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 10, 2014
Very good place to work.
Just hard to find the time to enjoy life/family due to work schedule.
Pros
Pay, Co-Workers, leadership ability
Cons
scheduling
Operator and Trainer
Trainer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2013
As an operator I following detailed safety procedures to ensure passenger safety. I also provided training to new operators on RTA routes and ways to provide an outstanding trip experience to all commuters.
Pros
Customer service oriented company.
Cons
Driving all day and being on the vehicle for long periods of time.
A very diverse company and a joy to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 17, 2013
It was very hard to leave this company but had to do so in order to relocate to adopt my son.
Pros
All employees are great people.
Cons
This area is expencive to live in.
In bound call center
Travel Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
fast paced environment answering inbound calls with questions and concerns aout computer generated travel information. Downtown area with lots of eautiful sights to see.