Regional Transportation District

Regional Transportation District United States Employee Reviews

good company
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 2, 2015
fill orders for mecanics , people were good to be around ,stocking part very time consuming management ,changed allot , learned out about bus parts reciving parts putting away
Great company to work for. Nice people, great management.
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: great people, interesting projects
Cons: it can be slow sometimes
One of the best aspects of the company is that every employee is valued and recognized. You really feel like a part of a great team whose team member always support each other.
A challenging experience which teaches one a lot about your self and others
Driver, Street Supervisor & Insructor (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay with health benefits, every day was different, got to see alot of denver, co and how demographics lived and worked.
Cons: sometimes dealing with inclement weather and at times obnoxious indivisuals.
I drove all different types and sizes of coaches and literally all routes throughout Denver and it's five counties. I was an extra board operator on & off for a few years. I would have to be ready to drive any bus/route in the system on a moments notice. It was challenging and rewarding and it taught me a lot about myself. A professional RTD bus operator needed to be able to handle the bus ,route, and schedule, the passengers questions and feelings, and the weather! We would also load and unload wheelchairs with a hydraulic lift. We did our best to get our passengers to their destinations in a safe and timely manner. I also trained to become a Group 2 Street Supervisor. I worked with management personnel to maintain schedules, investigated traffic accidents. We would take instruction from dispatch and cover any situation or problem that necessitated our presence. A few years went by, changed hats and helped new student operators as a revenue/non-revenue instructor. Those were the hardest and best eight years of my career! So after a total of 24 years I threw my towel into the ring and retired. I made some lasting friendships and value the time spent helping people of all walks of life and would recommend this job to just about everyone.
Outstanding organization
Program Manager, Information Technology - ERP (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 1, 2014
Outstanding organization with great opportunity for employees the community.
This is a hard place to work for. Changing shifts on short notice.
Sign-out Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 4, 2014
Lots of writing and data entry. Must know a lot about where every bus is and no what might be broken or in need of repair before it brakes.
I learned a lot about how the buses are maintained and what is involved in keeping them safe.
Co workers are alright most of the time I worked alone
The hardest part was changing shifts and working 2 shifts in a day.
The best part was being able to talk to people and make friends.
Productive and professional workplace.
Central Warehouse Parts/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Denver, Co. 80216April 16, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: none at this time
I have been a loyal employee at R.T.D for nearly 10 years.
I enjoy my coworkers and my boss is amazing. There is always something new to learn at R.T.D, within the main warehouse.
I think the hardest part of my job would be, when we don't have a part that may be needed by a mechanic and have to ask the person to wait, then at the time we alert them we have the part needed and see the relief on their faces when we get the part, in a timely manner, makes my job very rewarding.
Great Company, Hard Job
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: support, pay potential
Cons: work environment, treatment from customers
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and great support from supervisors and management (as long as you're doing the right thing). Work schedule is highly variable and unpredictable. Customer Service is very difficult as a Bus Operator, as you are commonly blamed for things out of your control and the public has little respect for bus drivers. Lot's of potential for hours, if you're available all the time, anytime.
Good company to work for.
Signal & Traction Power Maintainer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2013
Overall a good company to work for. Nice benefits and good job security.
Long Abnormal working Hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: no breaks or short breaks, no family time
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to (on occassion) take a ride and clear your head. There is no typical day at work on this job as you are in contact with all different personality types.
A wonderful place to work,
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great hours, great working environment.
Cons: can't think of any, except maybe the bathrooms for the drivers are few and far between between trips
I began work at 8.50/ hour and learned how to operate many types of buses, I have enjoyed my passengers very much through all their diversity. And have enjoyed driving for all of them.
A typical day at work will be driving airport employees to work from Stapleton to DIA in a safe and timely manner, fielding questions about how to pay for parking at the park and ride kiosks, loading luggage for travelers and unloading the luggage at the airport. I make sure to take the appropriate fares into the fare box, and explain the fare structure to those who are unawares of it. I enjoy some of the conversations I listen to on the drive and enjoy the scenery on the way.
I learned that my own body language and demeanor can effect how the passengers react to me. I also bring passengers with luggage, from all walks of life back from the airport and deliver them safely to Stapleton to return home to their families.
The management at RTD that I have met have been wonderful to me, they are personable and fair in all their duties. I have never had any issues with management, I enjoy working with them.
My co-workers, those I have actually gotten to know, have been great, it is very much like working in a family, we all work very well together.
I can't think of anything hard in the job, except lifting some of the bin doors on the coach I drive which have been known to be almost impossible to lift, but once I have written them up in the "beef sheet", they are repaired and the problem is solved.
The most enjoyable part of my job has been going to work and being relied upon and fully committed to, working without supervision and making RTD Shine. They trust me to make sure their customers are well taken care of, and that, I am very happy to do.
Great job
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 2, 2012
Transport passagers to and from locall locations. A city transit bus driver. provide bus service.
Fun Job
Bus Operator / Treasury Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, CoOctober 25, 2012
Pros: the pay is very good
Cons: you don't have enough time to spend it. plus, it's not a family friendly schedule.
• Commercial Drivers License.
• Mountain and city driving experience.
• Good navigational skills.
• Good communicational and people skills.
• Drive 60ft Articulated and 40ft Standard Busses.
• Count, sort, wrap and deposit money.
• Distribute monthly passes.
• Data entry.

Really easy job, but can be stressful work schedule.
I worked as acustomer service specialist
Customer Service/Telephone Information Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2012
Pros: good pay and job security
Cons: little chance for advancement and work place burn out.
I worked in a phone bank with several other operators answering questions and helping customers with any needs they might have. Shifts would very from split shifts to long hours on week ends. It was difficult for me to be one place at all times with little or no physical activity. Advancement proved to be difficult even though my work record was exemplary. It was enjoyable to help customers find good bus routes and to listen to their concerns.
Excellent job and pay with great benefits.
Bus driver (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: being given the opportunity to prove i could be a proffessional driver.
Cons: not getting specific break times or lunch.
Profesional atmosphere. drivers room has vending machines and pool table. every day was routine for fixed route drivers. I learned to drive in hectic traffic,keep a tight schedule,multi-task while driving.
I'm not a union fan
Bus Operator (Former Employee), DenverMay 17, 2012
If you are not ambitious this is the place for you. Union culture nexes any advancement other than through time. I was led by HR to believe that their focus was to hire internal candidates as a priority. in 8 months I was able to get one interview for a business (non union) position and that was only for a back up position at the bus station. I submitted nearly 2 dozen applications and never received a single phone call.
The work hours are caotic and normal life schedule isn't possible. The pay is great and raises are consitent once you join the union.
Driver/Treasury Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 14, 2012
Pros: great pay, confortable enviroment, and paid cdl class b license.
Cons: very strict on time, and angry customers.
I enjoyed working for RTD as a bus driver for the short period I was there. I put in a internal transfer for the treasury dept, which made my schedule more comfortable Monday-Friday from 6 am to 2:30 pm.

About Regional Transportation District

RTD is among many public entities pursuing Public-Private Partnerships(P3) as an innovative, cost-effective way to build public – Read more