Regional Transportation District

Regional Transportation District Employer Reviews

Great Company, Hard Job
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: support, pay potential
Cons: work environment, treatment from customers
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and great support from supervisors and management (as long as you're doing the right thing). Work schedule is highly variable and unpredictable. Customer Service is very difficult as a Bus Operator, as you are commonly blamed for things out of your control and the public has little respect for bus drivers. – more... Lot's of potential for hours, if you're available all the time, anytime. – less
Good company to work for.
Signal & Traction Power Maintainer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2013
Overall a good company to work for. Nice benefits and good job security.
Long Abnormal working Hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: no breaks or short breaks, no family time
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to (on occassion) take a ride and clear your head. There is no typical day at work on this job as you are in contact with all different personality types.
A wonderful place to work,
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great hours, great working environment.
Cons: can't think of any, except maybe the bathrooms for the drivers are few and far between between trips
I began work at 8.50/ hour and learned how to operate many types of buses, I have enjoyed my passengers very much through all their diversity. And have enjoyed driving for all of them.
A typical day at work will be driving airport employees to work from Stapleton to DIA in a safe and timely manner, fielding questions about how to pay for parking at – more... the park and ride kiosks, loading luggage for travelers and unloading the luggage at the airport. I make sure to take the appropriate fares into the fare box, and explain the fare structure to those who are unawares of it. I enjoy some of the conversations I listen to on the drive and enjoy the scenery on the way.
I learned that my own body language and demeanor can effect how the passengers react to me. I also bring passengers with luggage, from all walks of life back from the airport and deliver them safely to Stapleton to return home to their families.
The management at RTD that I have met have been wonderful to me, they are personable and fair in all their duties. I have never had any issues with management, I enjoy working with them.
My co-workers, those I have actually gotten to know, have been great, it is very much like working in a family, we all work very well together.
I can't think of anything hard in the job, except lifting some of the bin doors on the coach I drive which have been known to be almost impossible to lift, but once I have written them up in the "beef sheet", they are repaired and the problem is solved.
The most enjoyable part of my job has been going to work and being relied upon and fully committed to, working without supervision and making RTD Shine. They trust me to make sure their customers are well taken care of, and that, I am very happy to do. – less
Great job
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 2, 2012
Transport passagers to and from locall locations. A city transit bus driver. provide bus service.
Fun Job
Bus Operator / Treasury Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, CoOctober 25, 2012
Pros: the pay is very good
Cons: you don't have enough time to spend it. plus, it's not a family friendly schedule.
• Commercial Drivers License.
• Mountain and city driving experience.
• Good navigational skills.
• Good communicational and people skills.
• Drive 60ft Articulated and 40ft Standard Busses.
• Count, sort, wrap and deposit money.
• Distribute monthly passes.
• Data entry.

Really easy job, but can be stressful work schedule.
I worked as acustomer service specialist
Customer Service/Telephone Information Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2012
Pros: good pay and job security
Cons: little chance for advancement and work place burn out.
I worked in a phone bank with several other operators answering questions and helping customers with any needs they might have. Shifts would very from split shifts to long hours on week ends. It was difficult for me to be one place at all times with little or no physical activity. Advancement proved to be difficult even though my work record was exemplary. – more... It was enjoyable to help customers find good bus routes and to listen to their concerns. – less
Excellent job and pay with great benefits.
Bus driver (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: being given the opportunity to prove i could be a proffessional driver.
Cons: not getting specific break times or lunch.
Profesional atmosphere. drivers room has vending machines and pool table. every day was routine for fixed route drivers. I learned to drive in hectic traffic,keep a tight schedule,multi-task while driving.
I'm not a union fan
Bus Operator (Former Employee), DenverMay 17, 2012
If you are not ambitious this is the place for you. Union culture nexes any advancement other than through time. I was led by HR to believe that their focus was to hire internal candidates as a priority. in 8 months I was able to get one interview for a business (non union) position and that was only for a back up position at the bus station. I submitted – more... nearly 2 dozen applications and never received a single phone call. – less
The work hours are caotic and normal life schedule isn't possible. The pay is great and raises are consitent once you join the union.
Driver/Treasury Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 14, 2012
Pros: great pay, confortable enviroment, and paid cdl class b license.
Cons: very strict on time, and angry customers.
I enjoyed working for RTD as a bus driver for the short period I was there. I put in a internal transfer for the treasury dept, which made my schedule more comfortable Monday-Friday from 6 am to 2:30 pm.

About Regional Transportation District

RTD is among many public entities pursuing Public-Private Partnerships(P3) as an innovative, cost-effective way to build public – Read more