Regional Transportation District Employee Reviews

Mass Transit is great
Customer Care Telephone Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202August 23, 2016
Mass Transit is great. Buses are fun, so are trains. Working hours are great. Paid holidays, good vacation accumulation. Various benefit plans to choose from. Free bus pass including one family member. Working in downtown Denver is fun. Working with the public is rewarding. Providing mobility options to the district is fulfilling.
Pros
free bus pass
Cons
working holidays
General Repair Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2016
Great job wish i could take this job with me. if i wasn't moving to Ga i would still be working here.
Coworkers are nice. fixing busing making sure people make it to work on time, makes u feel like your apart of something
Pros
Union
Cons
Union pension is going down the drain
Growth opportunities
Operating Division Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2016
Large company with growth opportunities. Full support staff that is available for training and support. Excellent benefit package. Work environment is positive.
Pros
Salary and growth opportunities
I would not recommend to a friend
Point of sales Kiosk Field/Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2016
I would not recommend working for this company. They do not treat employees with respect and the management barks our orders and manages by fear.
Great benefits, good people to work with. Job provides satisfaction and self fulfillment!
Customer Service Correspondent and Liaison (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoApril 1, 2015
I handle, respond to and forward to other departments as needed all correspondence received through email and social media.

There are only 2 of us who do this job and it is a pleasure to work with her. My immediate superior has brought a different culture to what we do which is a most welcome change. It is a much improved system than the prior years.

Having our hands tied with situations such as irregular operations caused by weather, mechanical and the like makes it a challenge to turn passengers around into agreeable customers.

The other side of that is when in spite of all the challenges, the passenger now leaves a satisfied customer.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Wish it was a perfect world where we can provide service that passengers can be very satisfied with.
This is a hard place to work for. Changing shifts on short notice.
Sign-out Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2014
Lots of writing and data entry. Must know a lot about where every bus is and no what might be broken or in need of repair before it brakes.
I learned a lot about how the buses are maintained and what is involved in keeping them safe.
Co workers are alright most of the time I worked alone
The hardest part was changing shifts and working 2 shifts in a day.
The best part was being able to talk to people and make friends.
Productive and professional workplace.
Central Warehouse Parts/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, Co. 80216April 16, 2014
I have been a loyal employee at R.T.D for nearly 10 years.
I enjoy my coworkers and my boss is amazing. There is always something new to learn at R.T.D, within the main warehouse.
I think the hardest part of my job would be, when we don't have a part that may be needed by a mechanic and have to ask the person to wait, then at the time we alert them we have the part needed and see the relief on their faces when we get the part, in a timely manner, makes my job very rewarding.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
None at this time
Great Company, Hard Job
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2014
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and great support from supervisors and management (as long as you're doing the right thing). Work schedule is highly variable and unpredictable. Customer Service is very difficult as a Bus Operator, as you are commonly blamed for things out of your control and the public has little respect for bus drivers. Lot's of potential for hours, if you're available all the time, anytime.
Pros
Support, Pay Potential
Cons
Work Environment, treatment from customers
I worked as acustomer service specialist
Customer Service/Telephone Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2012
I worked in a phone bank with several other operators answering questions and helping customers with any needs they might have. Shifts would very from split shifts to long hours on week ends. It was difficult for me to be one place at all times with little or no physical activity. Advancement proved to be difficult even though my work record was exemplary. It was enjoyable to help customers find good bus routes and to listen to their concerns.
Pros
good pay and job security
Cons
little chance for advancement and work place burn out.
The work hours are caotic and normal life schedule isn't possible. The pay is great and raises are consitent once you join the union.
Driver/Treasury Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2012
I enjoyed working for RTD as a bus driver for the short period I was there. I put in a internal transfer for the treasury dept, which made my schedule more comfortable Monday-Friday from 6 am to 2:30 pm.
Pros
great pay, confortable enviroment, and paid cdl class b license.
Cons
very strict on time, and angry customers.
Fun Job
Bus Operator / Treasury Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoOctober 25, 2012
• Commercial Drivers License.
• Mountain and city driving experience.
• Good navigational skills.
• Good communicational and people skills.
• Drive 60ft Articulated and 40ft Standard Busses.
• Count, sort, wrap and deposit money.
• Distribute monthly passes.
• Data entry.

Really easy job, but can be stressful work schedule.
Pros
the pay is very good
Cons
you don't have enough time to spend it. plus, it's not a family friendly schedule.
I'm not a union fan
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  DenverMay 17, 2012
If you are not ambitious this is the place for you. Union culture nexes any advancement other than through time. I was led by HR to believe that their focus was to hire internal candidates as a priority. in 8 months I was able to get one interview for a business (non union) position and that was only for a back up position at the bus station. I submitted nearly 2 dozen applications and never received a single phone call.
Excellent job and pay with great benefits.
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2012
Profesional atmosphere. drivers room has vending machines and pool table. every day was routine for fixed route drivers. I learned to drive in hectic traffic,keep a tight schedule,multi-task while driving.
Pros
being given the opportunity to prove i could be a proffessional driver.
Cons
not getting specific break times or lunch.
Great company to work for. Nice people, great management.
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2014
One of the best aspects of the company is that every employee is valued and recognized. You really feel like a part of a great team whose team member always support each other.
Pros
Great people, interesting projects
Cons
It can be slow sometimes
Long Abnormal working Hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to (on occassion) take a ride and clear your head. There is no typical day at work on this job as you are in contact with all different personality types.
Pros
having a job
Cons
no breaks or short breaks, no family time
poor management
Certified Mechanic (Former Employee) –  denver coloradoMay 20, 2015
spend money just like it is not theirs, but it is cause it is tax money, with no accountability, promote people with no people skills
good company
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2015
fill orders for mecanics , people were good to be around ,stocking part very time consuming management ,changed allot , learned out about bus parts reciving parts putting away
Outstanding organization
Program Manager, Information Technology - ERP (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2014
Outstanding organization with great opportunity for employees the community.
Good company to work for.
Signal & Traction Power Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2013
Overall a good company to work for. Nice benefits and good job security.
Great job
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2012
Transport passagers to and from locall locations. A city transit bus driver. provide bus service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Transportation District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3