Regional West Medical Center Employee Reviews

A lot of variety in the work place and good team work betwwen ancillary staff
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 14, 2017
RWMC is a regional hospital and we get to work with a wide variety of populations. The hospitality are usually easy to approach and talk to. In general I feel it is a good place to work.
RWMC is a great place to work and they care about their associates.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NE 69361August 8, 2017
RWMC was a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there. People were friendly and they cared and they liked their jobs which made it easy to work their. If you were ever in need of support the leadership was always their.
Pros
Great leadership was provided.
Cons
Coverage could be a problem at times.
Shows well but closing much to be desired.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJuly 25, 2017
All sounds well but the reality is that it is window dressing. Management struggles from lack of experience and diversity, organization is disfunctional as blind leading the blind decision-making.
Best to stay clear and community/location redefines rural, several hours from any major city.
Benefits
Cons
Facilities, management by former nurse and phobe company hr, and for profit not making a profit, much more below the surface to be discovered if you make a mistake joining.
Was great for a while
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 14, 2017
Had a supervisor here who was purposefully trying to drive out Cytologists. Management and pathologists wouldn't listen to what was happening, and after I quit, they finally figured it out. The town here is practically dead, and you have to drive hours to get anywhere where people are. Smells like cow dung most days, hot and windy other days, locust storms once in a while.

Place wasn't bad to work overall otherwise, quiet and left alone with your work generally, and some state of the art technology and techniques. Education was good there too, they keep you abreast of things and do lunches occasionally.
Pros
Okay place if you like living in the boondocks
Cons
Not good for city people
Float Pool
FLOAT POOL REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEFebruary 13, 2017
Unfortunalety, I enjoyed working as a float pool nurse but was often under appreciated within our hospital. Many times asked to take high number of patients with high acuity making it very difficult to give each patient a good experience and feel like I had provided the best care for them.
Very nice culture to be a part of.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 19, 2017
Great people, very positive place to work, friendly management, easily accessible. Adequate training for the position of courier. The vehicles provided were sufficient and well maintained. My supervisor very easy to access and communicate with, all around great guy.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
big building, easy to get lost
Emotionally Exhausting
N/A (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 26, 2016
Management doesn't see their employees as assets and takes advantage of them. Once you burn out they bully you into quitting. Not a positive work environment.
Pros
Great co-workders
Cons
Cleaning and steralizing Dr. offices or patient rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NENovember 10, 2015
Cleaning Dr. Offices and other areas in the medical building along with emptying trash, disposing of toxic waste properly and working up to becoming a bed housekeeper on the evening shift. I learned all of the proper OSHA rules and regulations for the chemicals used to clean and disinfect all areas including the patient rooms. My manager and the shift manager were very kind and helpful during the time of my employment and very understanding as to the reason that I had to resign my position. The hardest part of the job dealt with the pushing of the cleaning cart and was the reason why I had to resign from working in that type of job. The best part of the job was when I was able to make it to being able to become a bed housekeeper and clean the patient rooms and delivery rooms once a patient was dismissed from that room to home or another room.
Pros
having to work every other weekend, being able to get days off on a short notice if absolutely necessary, knowing work shifts two weeks in advance, being the bed housekeeper, having good managers
Cons
staying late from a late delivery that took longer than expected, late delivery that became a C-section so had to clean two rooms, short handed making everyone do extra work, being called in on day off
Best and one of the largest employers I have been with.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 11, 2015
Regional West Medical Center one of the largest and best employers in Western Nebraska. With over 2000 employees they have made numerous changes over the past 5 years under new leadership/CEO. They have some of the most competitive wages and benefits in the area (I do work in compensation). I have been with the organization only about 5 months. In that time I have seen the culture that they are building around the region, with patients, employees, and their families. I feel that that management is working to build a culture of both growth and change. So far I have loved my at experience with Regional West and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great employer. I was originally from California but have feel in love with the area over the past 10 years. I purchased a house in Gering Ne with has beautiful Bluffs I drive through daily. They were rated one of the top places in Nebraska for families and schools. I do miss the beach but we do have a lake that is a lot of fun too. I give two thumbs up for Regional West.
Pros
People, Culture, Area Lifestyle, Pay, and Team Mentiality.
Cons
Competes with much larger hospitals in bigger areas
Don't plan on moving up.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 29, 2015
The biggest problem is they do things like expand the pay range, but you have no way to move up. You can get further certifications, etc., but that doesn't mean any more pay. We were told that we are compared to other hospitals in Nebraska and when we researched our pay we were well below the average. Even though, they claim that we are paid a comparable rate.

Management flat told us we are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

Right now, in one department they are advertising as far away as Europe because they can't get anybody to apply. This is for a fairly regular nursing position.

Hospital improvements are made on the backs of employees without even giving the employees a cost of living raise for several years.
Pros
Good people in my department
Cons
Management is terrible.

Want to know more about Regional West Medical Center?

Ask a question
would not work there again
lab clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 11, 2014
management was awful/ everyone thought about themselves and was quick to get another person in trouble to be notice. would not recommend working in the lab dept.
Unstable and negative place to work
RECORDS SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 9, 2014
They stay within the legal limits of hiring and firing but this company has no moral compass.
Good place to work in Western Nebraska
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 5, 2014
I am an MRI technologist, however I am certified and have practiced diagnostic radiography and Computed tomography. I am actively seeking additional employment instructing Heatlhcare Administration as an adjunct employee.
Productive and great learning environment
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEMay 28, 2014
 Delivered food trays to patients when ordered on request in a timely manner.
 Assured kitchen was swept and mopped, dishes were done and all counter tops were cleaned prior to leaving.
 Restocked café food and supplies.
 Assured all food trays were picked up in a timely manner.
 Prepared food trays for patients.
 Assured meals were prepared according to special diets if necessary.
Regional West is a great place work with very caring co-workers
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 28, 2014
My typical work day was doing daily cash from the day before insurance payment postings. Posting all pharmacy insurance payments and making sure all balanced. This was usually done before lunch after lunch I would print claims and then print off the EOB to match the claim for mailing. I learned a lot about different insurance companies Medicare and Medicaid prefer their claims to be sent electronically and most other 2ndary require theirs to be sent hard copy with prime EOB. I worked very well with management and absolutely loved most of my co-workers. Hardest part of my job was contacting insurance companies for follow up really dont like being on hold for ever.
Pros
Family always came first very easy to take off for appointments
Cons
Health insurance went way up this year, no RX insurance, very high deductibles and coinsurance amount
Fun and serious
CNA/Tele Tech (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 4, 2014
This establesment is a great oppertunity to learn and to grow as an individual helpfull staff and all around great people
Easy going atmosphere; very approachable management
Registered Respirtory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 22, 2014
Average work load for a small town hospital. Co-workers willing to help and share workload. The hardest part of the job is getting timely pages to respiratory for routine orders. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along well.
Wonderful facility
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEDecember 13, 2013
RWMC is a great place to work. Each department cooperates wonderfully, and does their best to make sure patient care and confidentiality are superbly maintained.
It was a good place.
Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 4, 2013
I liked what I did. Equipment is kept current to perform needed job duties.
Culturally sound organization
Unit Manager - Surgical/Orthopedics/Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 24, 2013
State of the art in quality, EHR, and identifying as a service industry.
Pros
reduced price for cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and docs.
Cons
In the middle of nowhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional West Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Regional West Medical Center Reviews by Location