Regional West Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very nice culture to be a part of.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 19, 2017
Great people, very positive place to work, friendly management, easily accessible. Adequate training for the position of courier. The vehicles provided were sufficient and well maintained. My supervisor very easy to access and communicate with, all around great guy.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
big building, easy to get lost
Float Pool
FLOAT POOL REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEFebruary 13, 2017
Unfortunalety, I enjoyed working as a float pool nurse but was often under appreciated within our hospital. Many times asked to take high number of patients with high acuity making it very difficult to give each patient a good experience and feel like I had provided the best care for them.
Emotionally Exhausting
N/A (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 26, 2016
Management doesn't see their employees as assets and takes advantage of them. Once you burn out they bully you into quitting. Not a positive work environment.
Pros
Great co-workders
Cons
Don't plan on moving up.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 29, 2015
The biggest problem is they do things like expand the pay range, but you have no way to move up. You can get further certifications, etc., but that doesn't mean any more pay. We were told that we are compared to other hospitals in Nebraska and when we researched our pay we were well below the average. Even though, they claim that we are paid a comparable rate.

Management flat told us we are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

Right now, in one department they are advertising as far away as Europe because they can't get anybody to apply. This is for a fairly regular nursing position.

Hospital improvements are made on the backs of employees without even giving the employees a cost of living raise for several years.
Pros
Good people in my department
Cons
Management is terrible.
Re: Problems in the AP Lab
Technologist (Former Employee) –  LabAugust 9, 2012
In one section of the Lab, there have been frequent postings for a small department over the last couple of years. Well despite my hesitation, I bit and applied and learned first-hand how unpleasant a work environment can be. Management is unwilling to deal with the real problems in that section causing high turn-over. Though not sure if I am speaking of the same problem the former posting was... There's a new posting for a tech today!
Pros
average salary
Cons
expensive rent; dumpy, dirty town that stinks of burning sugar beets.
1 out of ten
Lab (Former Employee) –  ScottsbluffApril 6, 2012
If your goal is to be treated in an unprofessional manner in a vindictive atmosphere you have found a home here. Your contributions to this organization will be overlooked, raises meager, among management that treats you like a galley slave. Beware, no one lasts more than a couple of years here, especially in the AP lab.
If you are looking for a very temporary job this might work for you, otherwise, do yourself a favor and keep looking.
Pros
cannot think of any.
Cons
horrible dirty boring town.
Productive and great learning environment
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEMay 28, 2014
 Delivered food trays to patients when ordered on request in a timely manner.
 Assured kitchen was swept and mopped, dishes were done and all counter tops were cleaned prior to leaving.
 Restocked café food and supplies.
 Assured all food trays were picked up in a timely manner.
 Prepared food trays for patients.
 Assured meals were prepared according to special diets if necessary.
Project Tech
Project Tech (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 8, 2012
I take care of trash duties, clean, and dispose of hazardous materials. I have learned how to setup beds for patients and got a chance to be around patients. Hardest part of my job is I work harder than everyone else and you probably see where that goes.
Pros
helping patients and keeping clean atmosphere
Cons
not enough pay, for working hard i am taken advantage of a lot.
Great place towork
Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 29, 2013
I worked nights so it was fun. I learn so much. Lot's of data entry work. Lot's of HIPPA enforcement. Management was great. Always ready to help when needed. Co-workers worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was trying to get all the work done in time. Best part was there was always something new to learn!!
Pros
Fun, fast paced, enjoyable.
Cons
When deliveries were late.
Regional West is a great place work with very caring co-workers
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 28, 2014
My typical work day was doing daily cash from the day before insurance payment postings. Posting all pharmacy insurance payments and making sure all balanced. This was usually done before lunch after lunch I would print claims and then print off the EOB to match the claim for mailing. I learned a lot about different insurance companies Medicare and Medicaid prefer their claims to be sent electronically and most other 2ndary require theirs to be sent hard copy with prime EOB. I worked very well with management and absolutely loved most of my co-workers. Hardest part of my job was contacting insurance companies for follow up really dont like being on hold for ever.
Pros
Family always came first very easy to take off for appointments
Cons
Health insurance went way up this year, no RX insurance, very high deductibles and coinsurance amount

Want to know more about Regional West Medical Center?

Ask a question
Easy going atmosphere; very approachable management
Registered Respirtory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 22, 2014
Average work load for a small town hospital. Co-workers willing to help and share workload. The hardest part of the job is getting timely pages to respiratory for routine orders. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along well.
Good work environment with awesome co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 23, 2012
Great place to work. Awesome co-workers. Managers that are concerned about their employees work environment and satisfaction because a happy employee = patient satisfaction.
Pros
gem awards
Cons
certain supervisors are difficult to deal with.
Good place to work in Western Nebraska
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 5, 2014
I am an MRI technologist, however I am certified and have practiced diagnostic radiography and Computed tomography. I am actively seeking additional employment instructing Heatlhcare Administration as an adjunct employee.
Great Place To Work !
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff May 9, 2013
A great place to work, I truly enjoy coming to work every day. I have lived different places around the country and this place offers great opprotunites.
Pros
awesome benefits, cafeteria discount, health savings account, paid time off.
Culturally sound organization
Unit Manager - Surgical/Orthopedics/Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 24, 2013
State of the art in quality, EHR, and identifying as a service industry.
Pros
reduced price for cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and docs.
Cons
In the middle of nowhere
would not work there again
lab clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 11, 2014
management was awful/ everyone thought about themselves and was quick to get another person in trouble to be notice. would not recommend working in the lab dept.
Wonderful facility
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEDecember 13, 2013
RWMC is a great place to work. Each department cooperates wonderfully, and does their best to make sure patient care and confidentiality are superbly maintained.
Best and one of the largest employers I have been with.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 11, 2015
Regional West Medical Center one of the largest and best employers in Western Nebraska. With over 2000 employees they have made numerous changes over the past 5 years under new leadership/CEO. They have some of the most competitive wages and benefits in the area (I do work in compensation). I have been with the organization only about 5 months. In that time I have seen the culture that they are building around the region, with patients, employees, and their families. I feel that that management is working to build a culture of both growth and change. So far I have loved my at experience with Regional West and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great employer. I was originally from California but have feel in love with the area over the past 10 years. I purchased a house in Gering Ne with has beautiful Bluffs I drive through daily. They were rated one of the top places in Nebraska for families and schools. I do miss the beach but we do have a lake that is a lot of fun too. I give two thumbs up for Regional West.
Pros
People, Culture, Area Lifestyle, Pay, and Team Mentiality.
Cons
Competes with much larger hospitals in bigger areas
enjoyed the interaction with the public and like dealing with the patients
unit secretary (Current Employee) –  2nd floorAugust 4, 2013
go to work and its very fast paced..love dealing with the patients and the doctors
Unstable and negative place to work
RECORDS SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 9, 2014
They stay within the legal limits of hiring and firing but this company has no moral compass.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional West Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Regional West Medical Center Reviews by Location