Regions Bank Employee Reviews

boooooo
Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Not my cup of tea by any means. Im not a sit at a desk type of worker, so i didnt have the greatest time while i was there. thats all
Poor management
BSL (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 5, 2016
My day was mainly taking of customers and running transactions. Poor management, didn't care about anyone but themselves, most managers thought they were a know it all, always negative. You never received recognition for anything.
If I had it to do over again, I would not go to work for them. They promoted who they liked and not who is right the job.
Pros
loved my customers
Cons
Poor management both at branch level and upper mangement. You only get promote if they like you, if you ever get on their bad side you stay there.
productive and busy
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day a work was to have great coworkers to work with . The hardest part was counting money everyday. The most enjoyable part is the people there.
Pros
separate building for drive thru
Cons
great people
Productive in getting documents reviewed and Loan Closed in X amunt of days
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoy working with others, during the things I enjoy which is communication with the Branches and working together as a Team to get the Job done to have Great Customer service brought to our Customers.
Pros
Working with a Great Team
Cons
Sometimes not having the support/encouragement from others.
Fun place to work
Economic Capital Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2016
Banking has been tough, so spending was tight, but the people are great. I moved a couple of times so I was exposed to multiple areas which I feel was very informative.
Excellent cuatomer service and 100% communication with employees
BTL - Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 29, 2016
Manage daily staff, operational duties, including quarterly sales performance, project management, and excellent customer service, work closely with the branch manager, to drive sales results, encourage and coach other to perform at the high level, and
take care of the customers as open new checking accounts, savings, credit cards, line of credit, personal loans, mortgages, insurance, annuities, wealth management referrals.
In my opinion the hardest part of the job is Not to be busy, because to me the most I enjoy during the work day is give a good sale and customer service performance.
Customer driven to excellent service
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT- VP/Trust Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Wonderful work environment , great co-worker and leaders.
awesome benefits.

sales, administration, management, customer services was our daily task.

I will miss my job and the people, but I have to do what is best for me.

The long commute from Lake Worth to Fort Lauderdale is not ideal.
Local Business
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Enjoyed working there part time, the customer were great. Got to know many of the locals since I lived 2 miles away.

Great co workers, had a very cooperative work environment.
Pros
Got me of the house.
Cons
would have wanted to work more hours
First job
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
•Handled large cash flows
•Processed payments, deposits, and withdrawals
•Issued travelers checks, savings bonds, and all official bank checks
•Reconciled general ledger reports
The hardest part of this job was the language barrier. The branch was located is an area of town that was heavily populated by Spanish speaking people. As time went on I started learning banking jargon in Spanish and I was able to communicate.The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with my customers.
Typical day
Operations Specialist - Funds Transfer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good place to work with so many various opportunities. It is a typical day everyday. It is an average bank. Management is well informed and versed at passing that information along.
Productive place that values their employees
Collections Supervisor-Support Admin (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work would include coming in checking the calendar first to see if there were any meetings then checking and responding to email. Then I would hold one on one sessions with my team to let them know where their work stands currently and to update on any new information that is pertinent to their job.
I have learned that organization is a must in order not to fall behind in work and also not to miss any important emails.
Being in management, I have learned that everyone's personality is not the same and sometimes you have to relay the same information in a different ways.
My coworkers were a big part of my job. There was always team effort.
The hardest part of the job was the people that tried to make the job difficult for no reason. Just because they may have not liked the policy change or an audit score.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things associated to my job.
Better Salary needed
Teller (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2016
Great company...stable company. Pay sucks and the benefits will increase in amount you pay. Overtime is a negative. I hear you can advance but you do have to wait a year.
Pros
Stable company number of time off days are awesome!
Cons
Pay, insurance amt, no Overtime available
Sad
teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2016
I have been with the company since 2011, work at very productive branch and have had 3 managers and 3 branch service leaders. After the second manager and service leader came in they totally turned the branch upside down for the negative and the manager left within 2 yrs. I have never worked under such stress and down grade before. I have been in the business since 1992 and have never seen such a negative environment. Defiantly not looking out for the fellow employee. Recently received new management and soon a new branch service leader, hoping for a smoother environment for all.
Pros
Vacations, fellow employees
Cons
Make you clock out and sit in lunch room in case they need you
Fine place to work
Financial Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 12, 2016
It's a fine place to work. My frustration was I had to rely on people to refer me leads and these same people were my competition for the funds. If they could get a sale, they would not refer them. If they couldn't get a sale or it was a tiny amount, then I'd get a referral.
Very productive company.
Teller First American (Former Employee) –  Nashville, Tn. 37221January 11, 2016
Preparing my window for the days business. I worked night drop bags every morning. When I was the vault teller it was my job to make sure that all the tellers had the proper funds to work their windows. I learned to become the back up to the head teller as well as active head teller when needed. Also I ran the commercial and vault at the same time. I had wonderful co-workers there. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my daily duties were met as well as the tellers questions were being answered in order for them to be able to serve their customers. Honestly I really don't consider this being hard to do, but a challenge. The most enjoyable part was knowing that at the end of the day all of the customers we had were helped and well taken care of.
Pros
Growth
Cons
There is nothing that I can think of.
Good company to work for
TRUST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Fast pace working environment
Good employee benefits
Solid company to work for
Career growth opportunity
Customer focused
Pros
Employee benefits
Solid Company
Branch Manager/Business Banker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 9, 2016
A very solid company. They have accumulated numerous recent awards and a company that has a lot going for it. The CEO is very personable, down to earth, and very informative.
it's a nice place to work
Financial Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is usually high pace and very busy. Making sure I am understanding my customer needs and asking valid question to find ways to save my customers time and money. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the customer is happy and feel comfortable about the financial decisions we make together.
Cons
Short break, salary
Great Place to work!
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2016
I learned a great deal and was impressed with the culture of the business. I was fortunate to met great people with a lot of knowledge to share, that I could build life long relationships with. I was able to grow in my career! :) Awesome teamwork!
Pros
Management and teamwork
no chance to advance
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Regions bank became to large and was given no chance for a person to advance. Was asked to do the work or 2 but did not get a raise for doing extra work.