Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,034 reviews matching the search
Terrible
Teller 3 (Former Employee) –  Talbott, TNAugust 9, 2016
Regions does not care about their employees at all. You are not safe no matter how long you have worked for the company. There are too many people to answer to. I worked in 2 branches that employed 5 people and had 3 supervisors in each branch. They also place really unqualified people in management. I had a supervisor who stayed a supervisor even after repeated complaints, constant tardiness, and sloppy appearance. I have watched this company dwindle and make poor choices for three years. This company also refuses to stand behind their own policies when a customer complains and will then punish the employee for doing their job. What a shame.
Pros
Other tellers
Fast past telebanking
TeleBanking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 10, 2016
Being a telebanker your phone literally always rings, keeps you talking all day. Makes for a bad day when you have a sore throat but if you are a people person and able to make conversation while helping out a member of the bank then this is the job for you! I would help members find out stock rates, rates on our cd's, give information about their checking or saving account and when I seen they didn't have something on their account that I thought would help them out I would suggest a product to make their life a little easier.
Pros
Break/lunchroom was amazing!
Cons
long hours on the phone with only 2 breaks, makes for a hard day sometimes
Goal is to create a positive customer impact
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 12, 2015
This company was customer focused and supportive management .
Diversity was also one of their great assets. Personal growth of employees was a main goal.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
percentage of raises
Great job to develop customer service skills and problem solving techniques.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work as the backup to the head teller requires: supervision of the teller staff, pulling and analyzing reports required for audit, record retention, maintaining an adequate money supply to stay within branch limits and service customers, solving customer problems, accurate transaction processing, making sales referrals to financial service specialists.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, 4 weeks vacation after being with the company a certain length of time, 12 days sick time if needed.
Cons
Meeting unrealistic sales goals, this is evident in the higher turnover rate of managers and financial serice specialists.
Love Evergreen Week and great benefits
Banking Professional (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 26, 2016
There are several things I can say about the company as a whole both negative and positive. I think the company provides great benefits to its employers and it may be the best I've ever had. Negatively, the company doesn't provide upward movement in a timely matter. I know individuals who worked here for years and are sometimes stuck in certain positions not allowing for growth opportunities. Training can be improved. I think training can set the foundation of the employee and it can sometimes make your job harder that what it should be.
Pros
No timely advancement
Cons
Understanding of family
A great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2016
The position I held at Regions Bank had very little customer contact, but did have internal contact with the vice presidents, and loan officers within the company. I completed various reports, loan spreadsheets and talking to credit reporting agencies for our commercial loan department. Management was wonderful, as where the co-workers. We where a family. I worked for Regions bank for ten plus years and hardest part was when we where told that the company was moving our department to Montgomery, due to the merger with another bank. The two became one, and we where offered severance pay, or the option to bid out on another position. Due to personal reasons I decided to work closer to home, rather than seek another position within the newly merged company,
Pros
Great environment, and culture. Excellent salary, with benefits.
Cons
Driving in to downtown Birmingham, traffic, and parking.
Good Exposure
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 14, 2015
Regions is a Financial Institution with several groups within the organization.
I was working in net benefits application.
In Fidelity all the projects use Agile Process. I was working as a UI developer with all the latest technologies.
productive but slow work place.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 13, 2016
Financial Service Representative (Personal Banker) at Regions Bank. My primary duties was to help my clients with opening checking and savings accounts, sell loans, annuities and certificate of deposits. And various kinds of financial products to help my clients’ needs for growing their businesses, personal expenditures, and family planning. This job also required having excellent communication and presentation skills with prospective and existing customers to open accounts, purchase loans, Certificate of Deposits, and Annuities.
Pros
Excellent benefits and working with people
Cons
slow paced
Misled
Branch Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2015
Upon being hired for this company, I was told that there was "some" customer calling and asked if that would be an issue. Of course I didn't think it would be because banks I had worked for in the past had always called customers for phone number verifications and things like being overdrawn . No. They want you to TELEMARKET products over the phone under the guise of wanting to give "advice, guidance, and education". And if you don't get at least 30 contacts in, well, that is unacceptable. They do not care about their customers. Only how much debt you can get someone in. I was flat out told by a CSM that if I think someone looks as though they can't get approved, cut the time with the customer and move them out so I can get to the next customer who looks like they will be approved. If the branch is shorthanded, most times you don't get a lunch or you have to eat in between customers if you can and you CANNOT have overtime. I was denied the ability to take my sick days for my scheduled doctor appointments. I wasn't even allowed to go to 5 doctor visits because the manager came up with various reasons for me not to be able to take off. Telling HR was like talking to a wall. More often than not, she never replied.

There is just far too many reasons not to work for this place.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Reliable Company to work with
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Typical 8am to 6pm job. Associates need to be on time everyday and be able to work long hours on your feet and handle peer pressure. Providing good customer service is number 1 and selling products of course. Short breaks throughout the day and lunch time is given. Managers keep an open door and coworkers are usually easy to work with. workload sometimes get overwhelming with short deadlines but feasible at best. Willingness to travel to different branches and do presentation at multiple businesses.
Pros
reliable company
Cons
short deadlines/travel

Want to know more about Regions Bank?

Ask a question
fun work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, TXNovember 29, 2015
fun work environment but very slow in many locations leading to difficulty of advancement as well as compensation good team environment
Awful management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 20, 2016
I worked here for literally 2-3 weeks. The head teller was extremely rude, & the branch manager was even worse. I got in trouble for not saying "regions" 3 times in a conversation. The head teller hated it when you talked to each other. HR was awful as well. Instead of fixing a problem, they would make it worse by only hearing one side & then going with that. There had been a lot of turnover at this location....if you have so much turnover, you need to look into management!!
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
Bad management, awful work environment, drama, HR doesn't listen, too many misleadings
Overall Mission of the Company
Branch Service Leader (Head Teller) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
I loved the people I met while working at this company. However, the management sucked, and the compensation did too. I was happy to move on to a new position at a different company when offered.
N/a
Teller (Current Employee) –  Meridianville, ALJune 6, 2016
I've been working for Regions for about one year and four months. I am a teller, my day normally consists of processing transactions which are: Deposits checks, cash checks, provide outstanding customer service and basically try to meet all the customer needs if i can. I love people and working with people. The hardest or the stressful part of the job is the goals we have to meet. Even though I always meet my expectations it can be very stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making sure that they are on the right road to finance their future.
Pros
Compensation if goals are met
Cons
Sales Goals can get stressful
Professional Environment Low Pay
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 5, 2015
Good job security but low pay and great benefits. Can't ask for better hours unless you're a teacher. I wouldn't mind going back.
Pros
benefits and hours are good
Cons
low pay and that's about it.
Company seems great,,, bad experience with managment
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJune 24, 2015
The branch I work for seemed AMAZING when I first started out. As time went on, people began to show their true colors... I couldn't do anything without getting messages and constant criticism from management. Any time they asked for ideas on how to improve sales/service our ideas were invalidated saying "that wont work" etc, before they had even tried it or gave it a chance. They weren't team players and wanted the tellers help with meeting their goals but were not willing to help us by DOING THEIR JOB and making follow ups with our referrals. I really wanted to enjoy working here, but the experience I have had makes me want to leave and never come back.
Pros
hours, pay, benifits
Cons
management
Typical day
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Drew, MSNovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work for but management show favoritism. You have plenty of chances to move up in life. Great benefits and saving plans.Very flexible with your personal life.
My reviews for Regions Bank have been wonderful
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCSeptember 17, 2016
Been an interesting 20 years. Been in every position except Branch Manager. Has been a growing experience every year.
The sales that go into "big" Banking has really escalated in the past 20 years. When we were Palmetto Federal Bank it was an independent bank and the sales level was nothing. Just great customer service. I can see a huge difference in the girls I work with, we go back 20 years. We are one of only a handful of employees left by the Palmetto Federal crew.
Productive and the hub of Regions
Customer Service Team Leader II (Current Employee) –  HOOVER,AL 35244September 16, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with a great support team and great management team. I've learned the importance of treasury management and how all all the parts work together to help a company function better. The most enjoyable part of the job is research and learning from others.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, flexibility
Cons
Changes need to be made...
Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2016
Tellers are underpaid for all that they do. And then they have a stupid customer survey that can quickly block you from promotions and incentives you work hard for during the quarter. Basically, if a customer scores you anything but a perfect, it's considered a zero and you are trouble. Sadly, there aren't a lot of minorities in HR and Management so you can imagine the favoritism within the work place. Regions altogether has great benefits and 401K but it's not worth it when you're stressed at work.
Pros
401K, health benefits
Cons
Lack of minorities in leadership, KDS customer survey, Unrealistic goals