Regions Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good job some management issues
Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 23, 2015
I believe Regions is a great place to work, my co workers were wonderful we protected eachother. The only down fall was management seems they had people in place that only cared about numbers and not the associates or the customers.
Pros
Healthcare and 401K
Cons
Good company to work for
TRUST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Fast pace working environment
Good employee benefits
Solid company to work for
Career growth opportunity
Customer focused
Pros
Employee benefits
Comfortable work environment with supportive staff
Assistant Branch Service Leader/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 1, 2016
Regions Bank offers opportunities for employees to learn and grow, however during my time there, i experienced quite a bit of turnover which created a more stressful work environment. Management at Regions were supportive of their staff and encouraged a positive work environment.
Pros
Good work schedule/ Good management
Cons
High Turnover
Bad management very very bad management
Mortgage Development business Call Rep (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 9, 2016
I just put in my 2 week notice from this exact position. The Manager will interview you and tell you anything to get you in the door and once your there. Your just numbers to her. She has no consideration for her employees and there their lives and family. Typical day consist of, get there go AVAILABLE (answer phones) then call customers that have had their credit pulled by other lenders and ask if whats going on and tell them anything to refinance them they Regions. (These people are already fed up of REGIONS so your call is not welcomed) Pretty much you have to get as many people to refinance and no amount of applications is ever enough to be appreciated..
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
They don't valued employees.
A great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2016
The position I held at Regions Bank had very little customer contact, but did have internal contact with the vice presidents, and loan officers within the company. I completed various reports, loan spreadsheets and talking to credit reporting agencies for our commercial loan department. Management was wonderful, as where the co-workers. We where a family. I worked for Regions bank for ten plus years and hardest part was when we where told that the company was moving our department to Montgomery, due to the merger with another bank. The two became one, and we where offered severance pay, or the option to bid out on another position. Due to personal reasons I decided to work closer to home, rather than seek another position within the newly merged company,
Pros
Great environment, and culture. Excellent salary, with benefits.
Cons
Driving in to downtown Birmingham, traffic, and parking.
Poor management
BSL (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 5, 2016
My day was mainly taking of customers and running transactions. Poor management, didn't care about anyone but themselves, most managers thought they were a know it all, always negative. You never received recognition for anything.
If I had it to do over again, I would not go to work for them. They promoted who they liked and not who is right the job.
Pros
loved my customers
Cons
Poor management both at branch level and upper mangement. You only get promote if they like you, if you ever get on their bad side you stay there.
Great job to develop customer service skills and problem solving techniques.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work as the backup to the head teller requires: supervision of the teller staff, pulling and analyzing reports required for audit, record retention, maintaining an adequate money supply to stay within branch limits and service customers, solving customer problems, accurate transaction processing, making sales referrals to financial service specialists.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, 4 weeks vacation after being with the company a certain length of time, 12 days sick time if needed.
Cons
Meeting unrealistic sales goals, this is evident in the higher turnover rate of managers and financial serice specialists.
no chance to advance
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Regions bank became to large and was given no chance for a person to advance. Was asked to do the work or 2 but did not get a raise for doing extra work.
productive but slow work place.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 13, 2016
Financial Service Representative (Personal Banker) at Regions Bank. My primary duties was to help my clients with opening checking and savings accounts, sell loans, annuities and certificate of deposits. And various kinds of financial products to help my clients’ needs for growing their businesses, personal expenditures, and family planning. This job also required having excellent communication and presentation skills with prospective and existing customers to open accounts, purchase loans, Certificate of Deposits, and Annuities.
Pros
Excellent benefits and working with people
Cons
slow paced
Highly Stressful Environment / Poor Leadership & Goes Against Company Values
Desktop Services Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 26, 2015
No one wants to take responsibility for anything wrong that happens in the IT department and spend more time passing the blame than actually getting anything accomplished. High stressful where the managers will wait at your desk when you get in the morning and yell at you. Breaks and Lunch is basically at will of management if too many calls in cue they will cut brakes and have you eat lunch while working and the same with going home you can't leave until all the calls are answered.
N/a
Teller (Current Employee) –  Meridianville, ALJune 6, 2016
I've been working for Regions for about one year and four months. I am a teller, my day normally consists of processing transactions which are: Deposits checks, cash checks, provide outstanding customer service and basically try to meet all the customer needs if i can. I love people and working with people. The hardest or the stressful part of the job is the goals we have to meet. Even though I always meet my expectations it can be very stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making sure that they are on the right road to finance their future.
Pros
Compensation if goals are met
Cons
Sales Goals can get stressful
Good place to find a career
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 8, 2015
I worked with Regions for a total of about 4 years. Been through two acquisitions before they became Regions bank and was instrumental in that process. My particular branch was a great place to work. Good rapport with my coworkers and branch manager. Saw one retire after many years of service and hated to see her go. She was a great asset to the company and customers knew her by name. The company downsized while I was still there and eliminated a few positions at most of their branches. Unfortunately, one of those positions was mine. I truly enjoyed working at Regions and would again if they were in my current location. I would recommend anyone looking for a career in banking to work at Regions.
Pros
Good hours, good training, good environment. Excellent career goal.
Cons
Management would need to communicate better with employees
Reliable Company to work with
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Typical 8am to 6pm job. Associates need to be on time everyday and be able to work long hours on your feet and handle peer pressure. Providing good customer service is number 1 and selling products of course. Short breaks throughout the day and lunch time is given. Managers keep an open door and coworkers are usually easy to work with. workload sometimes get overwhelming with short deadlines but feasible at best. Willingness to travel to different branches and do presentation at multiple businesses.
Pros
reliable company
Cons
short deadlines/travel
Changes need to be made...
Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2016
Tellers are underpaid for all that they do. And then they have a stupid customer survey that can quickly block you from promotions and incentives you work hard for during the quarter. Basically, if a customer scores you anything but a perfect, it's considered a zero and you are trouble. Sadly, there aren't a lot of minorities in HR and Management so you can imagine the favoritism within the work place. Regions altogether has great benefits and 401K but it's not worth it when you're stressed at work.
Pros
401K, health benefits
Cons
Lack of minorities in leadership, KDS customer survey, Unrealistic goals
Great company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALMarch 25, 2016
great company to work for if you are wanting to work in the banking industry. started as a head teller and was promoted to an FSR with in a year. Great benefits for medical and dental too.
I worked one-on-one with each client to recommend the right products and services to save them time and/or money.
VP - Business Banker/Branch Mgr (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
I worked for Union Planters Bank which had just taken over Regions Bank shortly before I left. I truly enjoyed my time at Union Planters Bank.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Company before Family
Awful management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 20, 2016
I worked here for literally 2-3 weeks. The head teller was extremely rude, & the branch manager was even worse. I got in trouble for not saying "regions" 3 times in a conversation. The head teller hated it when you talked to each other. HR was awful as well. Instead of fixing a problem, they would make it worse by only hearing one side & then going with that. There had been a lot of turnover at this location....if you have so much turnover, you need to look into management!!
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
Bad management, awful work environment, drama, HR doesn't listen, too many misleadings
Overall Mission of the Company
Branch Service Leader (Head Teller) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
I loved the people I met while working at this company. However, the management sucked, and the compensation did too. I was happy to move on to a new position at a different company when offered.
Typical day
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Drew, MSNovember 10, 2015
Fun place to work for but management show favoritism. You have plenty of chances to move up in life. Great benefits and saving plans.Very flexible with your personal life.
Very Nice Company to work for.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2016
I experienced a lot of different changes, co-workers were outgoing and not so outgoing. Management was overbearing, but still got the job done. Very balance work, but some older people could not keep up with high volume customers.
Pros
Sometime half days were offered.
Cons
Working shorthanded without enough help.