Regions Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,017 reviews matching the search
A horrible place to work - I was a Manager
Assistant Branch Manager (SAFE) (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 3, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 months. The culture of not caring and the absolute lack of qualified leadership from the top was enough for me to take a pay cut and a demotion just to leave. Never have I worked for a company that has such little regard for their employees and clients. FYI: Once you put in your two weeks notice they fire you and stop payment of your salary that moment. I saw this several times.
Uncertainty
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2016
Company is going through a financial hardship. Management is often unaware of any changes within the company. Training is not adequate which is part of the reason Regions got sued.
productive work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJune 30, 2016
Stressful but fulfilling work with ample opportunity to serve and help people.

repetitive work

Demanding and high expectations

Challenging and stimulating group of people to work with.
Benefits
Cons
having to leave
Regions was a nice place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 29, 2016
Regions bank provided a pleasant environment for its customers. I learned a lot about banking while being employed with the company. The management team was not the best, but I have seen worse. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and providing their needs with a smile.
Good Company
Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
Great company to work for. Offered career advancements and would work for them again. They take care of their employees.
Great job to develop customer service skills and problem solving techniques.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work as the backup to the head teller requires: supervision of the teller staff, pulling and analyzing reports required for audit, record retention, maintaining an adequate money supply to stay within branch limits and service customers, solving customer problems, accurate transaction processing, making sales referrals to financial service specialists.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, 4 weeks vacation after being with the company a certain length of time, 12 days sick time if needed.
Cons
Meeting unrealistic sales goals, this is evident in the higher turnover rate of managers and financial serice specialists.
Great Bank to learn and develop
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2016
The company has a great culture, believes in work/life balance. Transparency through management. Able to learn first hand the job.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
incentives
Executive Vice President Business Banking (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2016
The bank is looking for ways to reduce expenses and consolidate. If you are looking to work here, make sure you are in a revenue generating position.
Issues here!
Operations Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Do not apply if you want managers that do not care about you and work you to death and give you other peoples work. Don't do it.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
MANAGEMENT
productive, good work/life balance. 8~9 hour daily work schedule
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 13, 2016
company is great, benefits and vacation time are decent and the job hours are normal 8 hours workdays.

South florida management is terrible. its all based on numbers and performance based. they only care about your numbers. if you dont performed you get cussed at and yelled at in conference calls. managemen does not look out for its employees. only for themselves.
Pros
vacation time, salary, direct deposit, medical benefits
Cons
bad management, understaffed, bad turnover rate.
N/a
Teller (Current Employee) –  Meridianville, ALJune 6, 2016
I've been working for Regions for about one year and four months. I am a teller, my day normally consists of processing transactions which are: Deposits checks, cash checks, provide outstanding customer service and basically try to meet all the customer needs if i can. I love people and working with people. The hardest or the stressful part of the job is the goals we have to meet. Even though I always meet my expectations it can be very stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making sure that they are on the right road to finance their future.
Pros
Compensation if goals are met
Cons
Sales Goals can get stressful
A great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2016
The position I held at Regions Bank had very little customer contact, but did have internal contact with the vice presidents, and loan officers within the company. I completed various reports, loan spreadsheets and talking to credit reporting agencies for our commercial loan department. Management was wonderful, as where the co-workers. We where a family. I worked for Regions bank for ten plus years and hardest part was when we where told that the company was moving our department to Montgomery, due to the merger with another bank. The two became one, and we where offered severance pay, or the option to bid out on another position. Due to personal reasons I decided to work closer to home, rather than seek another position within the newly merged company,
Pros
Great environment, and culture. Excellent salary, with benefits.
Cons
Driving in to downtown Birmingham, traffic, and parking.
na.
Head/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 4, 2016
The work was pretty easy but management had become similar to Wells Fargo with the pushy sales and your job being at risk if you did not sale.
benefits
Cons
management
Great company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 30, 2016
Great company work for, nothing bad to report about Regions Bank. However, advance in the company is slow, Is going through a hiring freeze for the past 6 months.
very fun place to work
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2016
Very good opportunity to improve my skills. Very friendly place to work. Very encouraging team members for successfully completion of project.
all the tellers had a good time working together!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 25, 2016
We always had a lot of fun, and it was nice to meet new customers and returning customers. After being there for a short time you get to know everyone's name and generally can project their needs before they even told you.
Pros
free lunches, holidays off
Cons
management was not empathic
Regions
HEAD TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bankers, LAMay 24, 2016
Regions is a large corporation. I kind of felt like I was just a number there. I was a secure job but It's just not for everyone.
Regions is on of the good banks to work for
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 24, 2016
Worked at one of the corporate locations in Hoover, Alabama. Great benefits, management is very fair, teams had good synergy. For a customer service position, it was the best I ever worked and it helped transitioned into a new career.
Pros
Management, Great incentives, benefits and perks
Cons
Pay and heavily segmented schedule.
Take many calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
You will take many calls about balance and overdraft fees. You will also need to sell products to the same customers upset about the fees. Some great managers, some not so.
Changes need to be made...
Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2016
Tellers are underpaid for all that they do. And then they have a stupid customer survey that can quickly block you from promotions and incentives you work hard for during the quarter. Basically, if a customer scores you anything but a perfect, it's considered a zero and you are trouble. Sadly, there aren't a lot of minorities in HR and Management so you can imagine the favoritism within the work place. Regions altogether has great benefits and 401K but it's not worth it when you're stressed at work.
Pros
401K, health benefits
Cons
Lack of minorities in leadership, KDS customer survey, Unrealistic goals