Regions Hospital

Regions Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Place.
Registration Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 22, 2015
I absolutely love working at regions, great benefits and friendly co workers! Management is great! willing to help and always willing to lend a hand.
Hospital setting
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at regions a typical night would be very busy, working in orthopedics was life changing for me, i've learned so much about different devices use to help patients get back to their normal state. I loved my co-workers we all helped each other and worked as a team to provide our patients with the best care and best service.
love it here!
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2015
I have worked here for nearly 14 years!! Its hard to imagine being anyplace else. I work on a very fast paced ICU, the Rn's I work with are the most amazing co-workers a person could ask for!
Challenging and exciting,so your never bored
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours, can be high stress.
Work can be challenging when trying to schedule surgeries with limited time and space for multiple physicians and services, I have learned to see what is not there and to listen even when no one is talking. At the end of the day, when the medical staff that i support, and the patients and their families give me positive feedback , with smiles, hugs and appreciative comments, it makes all worth while.
excellent
custodian ll (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: again very compassionate people
Cons: not enough employees
awesome caring employees, management was the best, always room to move up. education levels and training were always there. breaks were fine lunches long enough. patient always number one in any field you worked in,
RN (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy, but management is kind and helpful. Co-workers are great team players. The hardest part of the job is getting my charting done before the end of my shift because we run all day between patient rooms. But that is also the enjoyable part of my job. I like to be busy and caring for patients is very fulfilling.
A warm and welcoming place to receive care .
Ambulatory Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge
Cons: in specailty care the availability at times gets hard
Upon arrival , you are always greeted with a smile and a good morning from co-works , my manager had an open door policy .
I have learned that even when a person is not in the best of health coming to a place from the time you check-in until you are discharged , you feel welcomed and confident in the care you are receiving , sometimes means more than any treatment and or ongoing test you may have to encounter .

I enjoyed coming to work , it was such a healthy environment and positive energy throughout the workplace , we all played a part in making sure patient exited the clinic with clarity . Although at times dealing with noncompliant patiets can get a bit frustrating .
Great Organization
HT/Path Tech (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 13, 2014
Regions Hospital is a well-organized, positive place of employment with a strong senior leadership team. The employees are mostly friendly and helpful to patients and other staff.
Volunteering at Regions Hospital is great. I recommend it!
Volunteer (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: a great way to get hospital experience.
All nursing students should consider volunteering at Regions Hospital. I have found my experience there wonderful. The staff are super nice and supportive. A great way to start a Nursing career.
Radiology Svcs Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNNovember 4, 2014
I worked closely with Radiologists, preparing films to be read.
I prepared films for patients and delivered films to the ER and OR.
I liked all my co-workers, and made many friends at this job.
I enjoyed keeping busy and working with doctors and patients.
Regions cares more about $$$ than patients or employees.
Radiology Front Desk/Scheduling (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: helping patients, learning something new everyday, working with wonderful radiologists
Cons: management, paying $50 a month to park two blocks away, you are lucky to get a break of any kind during your shift
Regions used to be a decent company to work for until Radiology had a big management shake up a few years back. The people placed in management positions are incompetent, make life miserable for the employees that don't suck up and actually have a backbone and don't care enough about employees to make sure they even get a breaks. The workplace gossip is horrible and management makes no effort to quell it and seem to encourage it in some cases.

Don't even bother working yourself to the bone because once you do that management will continuously add more and more job duties on your plate to make up for the laziness and incompetence of other coworkers. Even if you are told that you do a good job that will not come into play during your yearly performance reviews. Management takes that opportunity to bring up anything and everything that is wrong with you in order to justify only giving you a pitiful 1% raise. These issues are never brought to your attention other than during your review, therefore never giving you a chance to know what you were doing wrong and try to improve.

The ONLY opinions that matter are that of management. They claim to appreciate employees but budget is the only thing that truly matters. They keep wanting us to do more with less which greatly affects patient care, safety and the safety of the employees. They need to find a way to save money at the cost of employees and patients in order to pay the ridiculous amount of managers they have running around and help them come in under budget and get their yearly bonuses.

In closing, this would be a wonderful – more... place to work if you are in management or possibly a tech in one of the specialties. If you are a front desk worker you are viewed as disposable even though you are the first line of patient contact and are responsible for their first impression. Leaving this company was the best decision I have ever made. I now work for a manager that is not a complete loon or catty and treats his employees with respect. – less
Fun Workspace
Volunteer Service (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 14, 2014
The days when it is busty are the funniest days, will your so busty you don't have to just sit around. Working with people is fun and talking getting to know people. I learned how to work with a cashier. my co-workers are really cool when the supervisor is not around and my co-worker knew what to do she helped. We helped each other. The hardest part it remembering were things are. Someone would ask wheres the birth center. telling them were to go is hard when you don't know. The most enjoyable part was when the place was busty.
good place to work!
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexable!
Cons: changed management!
cleaning dishes pots and pans! change in management made it not as flexable! gave me different hours! made me work different days a lot of my co-worker were not as happy! was a good place to work! I worked there 14 years!
Horrible training, scheduling, and workplace attitude
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I would never work here again. I was denied training on multiple occasions, it was impossible to talk to management about anything, and a typical day at work was extremely stressful.
The culture was changing fast as the HMO concept was introduced.
Staff Physician, Lead Clinic Physician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: teaching residents.
Cons: low salary.
Busy.
The Midwest culture.
Management did not the pressures present nowadays.
Excellent partners.
Changes from paper work to dictaphone to computerized system.
Taking care of patients problems.
Great organization!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2014
Nice facilities, great medical care in a competitive environment.
Enjoyed working with the doctors in a fast-past environment
Surgical Technologist, Labor/Delivery (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 28, 2014
Pros: keeping busy and seeing the little bundle of joy after surgery
I was a Surgical Technician working in the OR, I would set up OR rooms for C-sections, assist Doctors and nurses with the proper instruments needed.

I received a lot of experience in a hospital setting where you need to work fast and accurately.
great benefits and job security
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2014
check in pts review charts in epic, answer incoming calls make clinical and procedure appts.take pts to meet with dr in consult rooms
I enjoy the work. I get a good feeling when I have accomplished helping someone, or a coworker.
Radiology Scheduler/Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: the pro's in my job is knowing that i was able to help or serve someone and make people happy
Cons: i just love to work.
I learn something new daily. I enjoy helping and working with people. I am always a team player in whatever is is. I am a fast learner. I dont really have a hard part in any job i do, cause i do the best i can at all times.
good
LPN. Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2014
Great management and a fun place to work. Love the hours. Can be very busy or not.

1 2 3