Regions Hospital Employee Reviews

awesome
ED Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 4, 2017
great place to work, excellent managers who care about employees. wide variety of coding cases and learning opportunities. great team and benefits. refreshing
Pharmacy Tech 1994
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2017
Regions Inpatient Pharmacy was my first Pharmacy Tech job. I was hired right out of Pharmacy Tech vocational school. I learned a lot and trained other Tech's in the field.
ability to handle complex cases.
Interventional Cardiology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2017
Regions is large hospital in the St Paul area with the ability to provide care in all health fields and for very complex cases. Level 1 Trauma hospital.
Pros
complex cases
Cons
n/a
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work nice peep and there's opportunity for advancement with in the company. I loved the people and assignments I was giving. I advised only the ones that s career minded to pursue
Pros
Fast pace
Great place to work!
Orthopedic/Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 16, 2017
Regions Hospital is a great place to work! Management and staff are easy to get along with and the atmosphere is positive. The shifts typically go by very fast because you stay busy.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Busy from start to finish of shift
Welcoming!
Cardiology Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2017
Regions has a very strong work ethic, the organization as whole wants their employees to have a work/life balance. The opportunities seem endless. They truly care about their employees and want to see them succeed. The atmosphere at Regions is just welcoming, bright and they are constantly striving to showcase the dedication the employees have for treating patients!
Pros
Engaging, encouraging, dedicated and so positve!
Cons
parking
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 10, 2017
A great place to work. I like the teamwork.Has great opportunities for staff to improve skills to meet their patient's needs. Patient focused has a diverse community
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse - Medicine/Trauma/Orthopedic Unit (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 17, 2017
Great place to learn about everything and anything. Diverse co-worker population. Complex patient cases. Long hours, fast-paced environment. Management is concerned about budget not the person. Best part about the job is the collaboration and people being willing to help out.
Pros
flexible school schedule
Cons
difficulty changing jobs or getting breaks.
Na
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2017
This is a great place to work! great learning hospital and great learning environment. has wonderful coworkers was well. again this is a wonderful place to work.
Meh!
Operating Room Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2017
I think overall its not a bad place to work as you are compensated well, and the benefits are really good. I just however give this a lower rating because management often isn't there, and are frequently unsupportive. The work load continues to increase as we are almost at max capacity everyday for patients, yet they can't hire more staff to help out the current ones. It is an easy burnout, and often frustrating when you feel that you can't turn to your supervisor to help you as they are never there.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management, workload is often a lot, no problem solving skills from other staff members, easy burn out job
Managers play favorites
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 9, 2017
I worked in one department for 16 years. During that time I noticed a lot of favoritism. When I tried to complain, nothing was done about it. The doctors I worked for were very nice.
Pros
The providers were very nice
Cons
Management played favorites
Employee friendly workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 15, 2017
One of the best place to work at. Staff were very helpful and management help with the career growth. Will definitely work here again if given a chance.
Pros
One of the best place to work
stressful
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 12, 2017
stressful days, spent with lazy co-workers. Management does nothing when complaints are made. Always shorts staffed. High turn over rate. You're expected to do things that are not included in your job description.
Cons
short breaks, lazy co-workers
Working at Regions
Sonogrpaher (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2017
The company is great to work for and everyone is very nice. Downfall is little room for career advancement in my section. Would recommend to a friend to work at Regions.
Great for new student to get gain experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 6, 2017
Too many conflict between the staff because of seniority,and poor working environment. The manager are not great and very bad of cooperation. Not good for long term career.
Pros
Great place for new students
Cons
Bad cooperation
Highly skilled employees who work well in a team environment
Radiology Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 5, 2017
Regions Hospital fosters an incredible team environment. Their employees are all extremely skilled and talented. They treat their patients and their families with the utmost care.
Busy
Rehabilitaion Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 30, 2017
As we expand, there is more work in the same amount of time to be completed.
I would rather be busy than bored.
Knew duties added frequently. Pay is very fair,
Pros
Easy to aquire PTO
Cons
Break time cut to 30 minutes.
Fast-paced work environment, emphasis on employee health and wellness.
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 22, 2017
My favorite part of working here was the morning "Huddle". It was a great way to check in with your team, hear about goals and happenings in the hospital, and refocus yourself for the day ahead.
Great Hospital to work at. I would want my family to be cared for at Regions
RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 2, 2017
I absolutely love working at regions hospital. it is a level 1 trauma center and a great learning facility. it is rated in top 10 hospitals in US to work for. I am sad to think about leaving such a great place to work and work environment is amazing. I'm just getting tired of cold weather in Minnesota and have relatives in cocoa beach where I spent my summers growing up as a child. I'm looking to relocate, but am very worried about the huge cut in pay. especially since the cost of living is same as where I live. but I will be visiting in june 13-21st and would love to set up some interviews to get a idea of what I'd be looking at.
Pros
work flexibility, able to get vacation when wanted do to senority, good health insurance and benefit package
Cons
non union, senority doesn't count
Healthcare Document Specialist
Healthcare Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 1, 2017
As a Healthcare Document Specialist, I transcribed a variety of medical and non-medical reports using digital technology. This job required close attention to detail to ensure accurate patient health information.