Regions Hospital

Regions Hospital Employer Reviews

A warm and welcoming place to receive care .
Ambulatory Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge
Cons: in specailty care the availability at times gets hard
Upon arrival , you are always greeted with a smile and a good morning from co-works , my manager had an open door policy .
I have learned that even when a person is not in the best of health coming to a place from the time you check-in until you are discharged , you feel welcomed and confident in the care you are receiving , sometimes means more than – more... any treatment and or ongoing test you may have to encounter .

I enjoyed coming to work , it was such a healthy environment and positive energy throughout the workplace , we all played a part in making sure patient exited the clinic with clarity . Although at times dealing with noncompliant patiets can get a bit frustrating . – less
Great Organization
HT/Path Tech (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 13, 2014
Regions Hospital is a well-organized, positive place of employment with a strong senior leadership team. The employees are mostly friendly and helpful to patients and other staff.
Volunteering at Regions Hospital is great. I recommend it!
Volunteer (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: a great way to get hospital experience.
All nursing students should consider volunteering at Regions Hospital. I have found my experience there wonderful. The staff are super nice and supportive. A great way to start a Nursing career.
Radiology Svcs Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNNovember 4, 2014
I worked closely with Radiologists, preparing films to be read.
I prepared films for patients and delivered films to the ER and OR.
I liked all my co-workers, and made many friends at this job.
I enjoyed keeping busy and working with doctors and patients.
Regions cares more about $$$ than patients or employees.
Radiology Front Desk/Scheduling (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: helping patients, learning something new everyday, working with wonderful radiologists
Cons: management, paying $50 a month to park two blocks away, you are lucky to get a break of any kind during your shift
Regions used to be a decent company to work for until Radiology had a big management shake up a few years back. The people placed in management positions are incompetent, make life miserable for the employees that don't suck up and actually have a backbone and don't care enough about employees to make sure they even get a breaks. The workplace gossip – more... is horrible and management makes no effort to quell it and seem to encourage it in some cases.

Don't even bother working yourself to the bone because once you do that management will continuously add more and more job duties on your plate to make up for the laziness and incompetence of other coworkers. Even if you are told that you do a good job that will not come into play during your yearly performance reviews. Management takes that opportunity to bring up anything and everything that is wrong with you in order to justify only giving you a pitiful 1% raise. These issues are never brought to your attention other than during your review, therefore never giving you a chance to know what you were doing wrong and try to improve.

The ONLY opinions that matter are that of management. They claim to appreciate employees but budget is the only thing that truly matters. They keep wanting us to do more with less which greatly affects patient care, safety and the safety of the employees. They need to find a way to save money at the cost of employees and patients in order to pay the ridiculous amount of managers they have running around and help them come in under budget and get their yearly bonuses.

In closing, this would be a wonderful place to work if you are in management or possibly a tech in one of the specialties. If you are a front desk worker you are viewed as disposable even though you are the first line of patient contact and are responsible for their first impression. Leaving this company was the best decision I have ever made. I now work for a manager that is not a complete loon or catty and treats his employees with respect. – less
Fun Workspace
Volunteer Service (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 14, 2014
The days when it is busty are the funniest days, will your so busty you don't have to just sit around. Working with people is fun and talking getting to know people. I learned how to work with a cashier. my co-workers are really cool when the supervisor is not around and my co-worker knew what to do she helped. We helped each other. The hardest part – more... it remembering were things are. Someone would ask wheres the birth center. telling them were to go is hard when you don't know. The most enjoyable part was when the place was busty. – less
good place to work!
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexable!
Cons: changed management!
cleaning dishes pots and pans! change in management made it not as flexable! gave me different hours! made me work different days a lot of my co-worker were not as happy! was a good place to work! I worked there 14 years!
Horrible training, scheduling, and workplace attitude
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I would never work here again. I was denied training on multiple occasions, it was impossible to talk to management about anything, and a typical day at work was extremely stressful.
The culture was changing fast as the HMO concept was introduced.
Staff Physician, Lead Clinic Physician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: teaching residents.
Cons: low salary.
Busy.
The Midwest culture.
Management did not the pressures present nowadays.
Excellent partners.
Changes from paper work to dictaphone to computerized system.
Taking care of patients problems.
Great organization!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2014
Nice facilities, great medical care in a competitive environment.
Enjoyed working with the doctors in a fast-past environment
Surgical Technologist, Labor/Delivery (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 28, 2014
Pros: keeping busy and seeing the little bundle of joy after surgery
I was a Surgical Technician working in the OR, I would set up OR rooms for C-sections, assist Doctors and nurses with the proper instruments needed.

I received a lot of experience in a hospital setting where you need to work fast and accurately.
great benefits and job security
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2014
check in pts review charts in epic, answer incoming calls make clinical and procedure appts.take pts to meet with dr in consult rooms
I enjoy the work. I get a good feeling when I have accomplished helping someone, or a coworker.
Radiology Scheduler/Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: the pro's in my job is knowing that i was able to help or serve someone and make people happy
Cons: i just love to work.
I learn something new daily. I enjoy helping and working with people. I am always a team player in whatever is is. I am a fast learner. I dont really have a hard part in any job i do, cause i do the best i can at all times.
good
LPN. Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2014
Great management and a fun place to work. Love the hours. Can be very busy or not.
Good company to work for good job opportunitys great envioment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
Good company to work for good job opportunitys great envioment
Loving place
Guest Services (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: $5.00 off food in the cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
I usually volunteer when I have free times. Regions is a place that welcome anybody. The people I work with are very nice, loving, and caring. It's a place where I can call home. I learn many things while volunteering at regions. Learn where places are in a big hospital, how fun working/volunteer in a hospital feels like. The most part I enjoy most – more... about volunteering is helping elderly (patients) get to places around the hospital. – less
Fantastic!
Electrical Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everyting
Once you have worked here, you will never want to work anywhere else. Great Administration, great management, and great people!
Great enviroment for hard working people!
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunch, great atmosphere, straight shifts, the best pay
Cons: a few old school minds around yet
All in all a great place to work. I'm not sure why there is even one negative comment on the place. My experience was great. I had the support of management and my direct supervisor. You can't expect to get everything you want but you can get what you need when you make a good justification for it. The organization is spending a lot on infrastructure – more... and upgrades. A company can't do this in today's economy unless the are doing well. Can't blame a company for expecting hours worked for hours paid. Right? Regions also has a fully licensed trade staff to support the engineering staff. – less
Big Kitchen with lots of Moving Parts
Food Service Worker - Cook - Relief Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free soda.
Cons: lack of supplies and working equipment
Regions Hospital kitchen is a very large kitchen consisting of anywhere between 50 to 80 employees working at once. The days consist of three meals served to both the patients and three cafeteria style locations on the campus. We also provided meals to two off campus locations and catered meals on campus.

The most important thing I learned while working – more... there is that it is important to move forward when a problem is presented. It is also important to pay attention to details as far as dietary restrictions are concerned. In many situations, we are literally dealing with life and death.

The satisfaction of providing a hot, delicious meal to a sick patient is unmeasurable. The best part of our patients' days is the meal. A little piece of home is some situations. – less
Great Place to Work For
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2014
As a radiology technologist, Regions is a dream come true for me. They are a trauma 1 center hospital so my skills and experience are greatly enhanced. The Radiology department has one of the best managers I have worked for. They always assume the best intentions and they really care about us as individuals.

1 2 3