Regions Hospital

Regions Hospital Employer Reviews

Working at Regions was a great experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunch sponsored by management, potlucks in our depts.
Cons: pay for parking, reassigned to different departments sometimes
When I was focused on becoming a nurse, working a Regions was the best environment to be in working with the nurses and patients. A typical shift started out with our morning huddle to find out about any events happening at the hospital that HR or upper management might be hosting. In addition to any information that the head nurse needed to inform – more... the nurses and patient care assistants. I was usually responsible for assisting 2-3 nurses with their 4-5 patients. I was responsible for taking vital signs, and accommodating to the request of the patients. It was a great experience to strategize with the other PCA's and nurses to make sure that the patients were cared for, and everyone was taken care of. – less
Sound working environment, great staff.
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2013
Pros: smiles from most individuals.
Cons: often could not complete a break.
Patrol all departments, assist guests, employees, staff. Write reports as needed. Learned more about listening and helping with individuals. Management and co-workers were very pleasant to work with. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the combative individuals. The best part of the job was assisting those that needed direction.
A perfect job for a college student.
Nutrition Services Associate (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2013
A job at Regions Hospital was super ideal for myself, because it worked really well with my school and homework schedule. I enjoy being at work and interacting with people from different departments in the hospital. From what I learned at Regions is communication is key and extremely beneficial in such a large department and overall organization. A – more... typical day at work would consist of: communication with patients, understanding the different types of diets, and a whole lot more. – less
very challenging. Learned a lot
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2013
Enjoyed getting patients ready for surgery and working along with anesthesia.
Fast paced, highly energized and constant new learning opprotunites
weekend staff member (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 23, 2013
Pros: challenged my skill level and engerized environment
Cons: competed with weekends i had to work at marian center
I loved my time at Regions. Working weekends was actually fun, I looked forward to the challenges that awaited me each weekend I worked. The patient population was always so interesting. I always felt appreciated and my skills were utilized at their highest potential. There was never a" dull moment". I enjoyed being a part of the latest and newest technologies – more... in my field. I was sadden to leave but I made the choice to dedicate my weekends to Marian Center and felt consistency of care was more important. – less
Chemical Health Counselor (former employee)
Counselor (Former Employee), St PaulApril 25, 2013
Pros: freedom to contribute in your own way.
Cons: management was shaky
Regions ADAP had many plusses and minuses. Initially there seemed to be a lot of team spirit and pride in work. After a time the staff got sort of burned out and the place became fragmented. A lot of patients recovered there, but counseling staff paid a price. I left because it felt sort of toxic toward staff from management.
Regions Hospital
Clinic Ambassador (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Greet, welcome and direct patients and visitors, assist with patients needing assistance, housekeeping responsibilities, assemble procedure packets, read to children while they wait in the lobby for their appointments and assist with any other duties as requested.
very busy and productive days
Lead pharmacist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 7, 2013
Pros: busy pharmacies
Cons: no job security or good benifits
fairview is very very busy please, you only have one break and it is for lunch it is not easy to keep up with the load, and there is no set time to close you can be there till 11 pm but we are suppose to close at 630pm so you have to be flexible .
for walmart it was nice to work with my staff, but if you work for walmart you have to be an advocate for – more... them and expected to be their sales person as a mamager, but i loved my work and job description as a pharmacy manager. – less
Bad Management- Run away quickly!
Engineer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 10, 2013
They spend money pretty freely for upgrades to the building, but as far as the employees you are just a body to get whatever they can out of you in your shift. I was in the boiler room and we were always taking on more and more responsibilities due to the fact that we were the only trade on duty 24 hours/7days, and your efforts would be second guessed – more... when management critiques the log sheets the next day even though there were NO policies regarding the issue. On the upside they do pay well, if you can take the stress, coworkers are great, because your all in the grind together! – less

March 27, 2013

Regions is a great place to work plain and simple. Yes, money is being spent on upgrades to the building (1964 vintage). The old days of overstaffing and forgoing maintenance are over. The original comment was made by a former employee who couldn't hold his own in a fast pace environment. It's no longer a retirment home for near retirment engineers.

May 20, 2013

As a employee I have watched the changing of the guard a person should really stop and think when they look at the personal and wonder why everyone is new to the job or wants out. The older personal who have remained are constantly looking over their shoulder wondering when some kind of BS will be used against them. The Management is SO Two Faced they will tell you the world then stab you in the back when they have a chance not a good place to work look some where else the stress is not worth it.

Regions has a great reputation, which makes it easy to attract high performing and talented employees.
Recruitment Assistant - Contract (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: fast paced, cutting edge technology, professionalism, values, being in the healthpartners family.
Cons: budget constraints due to economy and upcoming legislation implementation, which is true of all healthcare organizations.
I worked part time as a temporary in the Talent Acquisition department of HR and enjoyed my time there. Although HR (service center, HRBPs, etc.) was physically fragmented due to limited space within the hospital, communication and workflow was fluid and objectives were met as if we were all housed together. The people I worked with were truly professional, – more... the managers I worked with were very competent in knowing their role in the hiring process. It was a joy to interview candidates because they all held Regions Hospital in high regard due to its reputation within the community or their own personal experience as being former patients or family members/friends of former patients. – less
busy and rewarding
Lab service tech (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 19, 2012
Pros: great hours and great coworkers. nice clean environment
Cons: new management, not compiant with health issue.
I did enjoy working for regions hospital it was very rewarding and exciting, loved my coworkers and my staff, also loved working with patients up close and personal, i felt i was a asset to the company.
team players
Cook, dishwasher, grill cook, busser and cashier (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2012
Pros: good employees
Cons: short braks and sometimes under staffed
got to do many different jobs. alot of cross training in different areas, good team work
Regions is good place to work at
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), 640 jackson st.paul mnOctober 10, 2012
Pros: we can eat at are desk
Cons: sometimes do not get a lunch
log on the computer, inpt patient in the system answer the phones.

What I learned about management you have to be organize.

My co-workers care about each other.

When someone is sick and the hospital is full and a patient is waiting on a bed from seeing the doctor at the clinic.

The most enjoyable part is when you can get a patient as quickly as – more... you can with out them waiting. – less
Ok place to be
HUC II (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 27, 2012
This was an okay place to get your foot into the medical field.
Regions
LST (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits, excellant staff
The lab is truly one of the best experiences I have ever had! Management will go above and beyond to get you where you want to be. If it were not for relocating I would still be ther full-time. Casual right now. You will not be sorry!
I spent the better part of my working career there. I learned so much, and got to experience a multitude of things!!
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 28, 2012
Pros: many areas to work, lot's of diversity, good people
Cons: big companies often don't give alot of perks because there are so many employees. parking fees, traffic
It is a level one trauma hospital, and oh my!! What i saw there, what i participated in, learned, and accomplished, I'll never forget or take for granted..
Mental Health at satellite Behavioral Health Clinic
Therapist (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJuly 27, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: management and productivity-based model of pay
Management is biased and abusive. Not a teamwork model like they claim; their obsession is with productivity pay and not quality service. Prepare to become a robot. Worst, most dysfunctional job I had ever encountered. Felt like the Twilight Zone.
Great place to learn
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2012
Has a great time learning here. Worked as a team with all therapy departments.
Wonderful place to work
Instrument Processing Aide (Former Employee), St Paul, MNJuly 2, 2012
Pros: great pay
Management in some departments show favoritism
I learned how to work with other departments within the hospital
My co-workers were helpful and fun
volunteering is an enjoyable way to give a litte back.
Surgery Center/Burn Unit Volunteer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2012
Pros: $5.00 for lunch & free parking
Volunteering is something a little different all the time, greeting and updating families in the surgery center waiting area. Answering phones, answering patient call lights in the burn center, helping people find their way through the hospital. It is very rewarding.