Regions Hospital

Regions Hospital Employee Reviews

good place to work!
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexable!
Cons: changed management!
cleaning dishes pots and pans! change in management made it not as flexable! gave me different hours! made me work different days a lot of my co-worker were not as happy! was a good place to work! I worked there 14 years!
Horrible training, scheduling, and workplace attitude
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I would never work here again. I was denied training on multiple occasions, it was impossible to talk to management about anything, and a typical day at work was extremely stressful.
The culture was changing fast as the HMO concept was introduced.
Staff Physician, Lead Clinic Physician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: teaching residents.
Cons: low salary.
Busy.
The Midwest culture.
Management did not the pressures present nowadays.
Excellent partners.
Changes from paper work to dictaphone to computerized system.
Taking care of patients problems.
Great organization!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2014
Nice facilities, great medical care in a competitive environment.
Enjoyed working with the doctors in a fast-past environment
Surgical Technologist, Labor/Delivery (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 28, 2014
Pros: keeping busy and seeing the little bundle of joy after surgery
I was a Surgical Technician working in the OR, I would set up OR rooms for C-sections, assist Doctors and nurses with the proper instruments needed.

I received a lot of experience in a hospital setting where you need to work fast and accurately.
great benefits and job security
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2014
check in pts review charts in epic, answer incoming calls make clinical and procedure appts.take pts to meet with dr in consult rooms
I enjoy the work. I get a good feeling when I have accomplished helping someone, or a coworker.
Radiology Scheduler/Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: the pro's in my job is knowing that i was able to help or serve someone and make people happy
Cons: i just love to work.
I learn something new daily. I enjoy helping and working with people. I am always a team player in whatever is is. I am a fast learner. I dont really have a hard part in any job i do, cause i do the best i can at all times.
good
LPN. Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2014
Great management and a fun place to work. Love the hours. Can be very busy or not.
Good company to work for good job opportunitys great envioment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
Good company to work for good job opportunitys great envioment
Loving place
Guest Services (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: $5.00 off food in the cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
I usually volunteer when I have free times. Regions is a place that welcome anybody. The people I work with are very nice, loving, and caring. It's a place where I can call home. I learn many things while volunteering at regions. Learn where places are in a big hospital, how fun working/volunteer in a hospital feels like. The most part I enjoy most about volunteering is helping elderly (patients) get to places around the hospital.
Fantastic!
Electrical Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everyting
Once you have worked here, you will never want to work anywhere else. Great Administration, great management, and great people!
Great enviroment for hard working people!
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunch, great atmosphere, straight shifts, the best pay
Cons: a few old school minds around yet
All in all a great place to work. I'm not sure why there is even one negative comment on the place. My experience was great. I had the support of management and my direct supervisor. You can't expect to get everything you want but you can get what you need when you make a good justification for it. The organization is spending a lot on infrastructure and upgrades. A company can't do this in today's economy unless the are doing well. Can't blame a company for expecting hours worked for hours paid. Right? Regions also has a fully licensed trade staff to support the engineering staff.
Big Kitchen with lots of Moving Parts
Food Service Worker - Cook - Relief Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free soda.
Cons: lack of supplies and working equipment
Regions Hospital kitchen is a very large kitchen consisting of anywhere between 50 to 80 employees working at once. The days consist of three meals served to both the patients and three cafeteria style locations on the campus. We also provided meals to two off campus locations and catered meals on campus.

The most important thing I learned while working there is that it is important to move forward when a problem is presented. It is also important to pay attention to details as far as dietary restrictions are concerned. In many situations, we are literally dealing with life and death.

The satisfaction of providing a hot, delicious meal to a sick patient is unmeasurable. The best part of our patients' days is the meal. A little piece of home is some situations.
Great Place to Work For
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2014
As a radiology technologist, Regions is a dream come true for me. They are a trauma 1 center hospital so my skills and experience are greatly enhanced. The Radiology department has one of the best managers I have worked for. They always assume the best intentions and they really care about us as individuals.
Great mix of cases.
CRNA (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 25, 2013
Level One Trauma Center offers a diverse and fast paced work environment.
Nurse Manager
Unit manager for adult inpatient pscychiatric unit (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 14, 2013
I was hired originally as a Charge RN but was promoted to Nurse Manager after 7 months. The unit I was assigned to was an adult Psych unit that had not had a nurse manager in 6 years so I found myself having not only to learn new information and responsibilities but also to overcome the mistrust of the staff (which was accomplished). That hardest part consisted of 2 parts: the first was learning how to work with staff and the union and the second was staffing assignments for 50+ employees. My coworkers were helpful and generous with their time for questions. I enjoyed training my staff to handle medical/psych patients trach care, tube feedings, foley care, wound care, etc.). The staff were just wonderful with accepting the change asked of them.
If you are black do not attempt to work here
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), St Paul, MNOctober 2, 2013
Pros: patient centered intiatives
Cons: no encouragement for nursing advancement, no diversity in leadership, nurses are over worked
Upper management is out of touch with what goes on with patient care. There are many good patient satisfaction initiaives but few employee satisfaction agenda. Nurse get so bussy they hadly get lunch brakes. The coworkers are great.
Enjoyed most co-workers
Chief Operating Engineer (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNAugust 22, 2013
Assign Work, attendance, performance reviews when needed, check on who work is getting completed, work within a budget, typical Supervisor.
very poor management
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2013
this company is very poor to work for, the management is very discriminating against it's employees, management uses all past mistakes through out your time there so they do not have to give raises.
Warm and inviting place to work
Laboratory Services Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: high sick calls, and mandate to stay to cover large amount of fmls's
This hospital is the warmest most inviting place to work. Everyone is so friendly. Employees go out of their way to help family and patients whenever needed to provide excellent patient care,
Making Best Care Best Experience the norm.

Regions Hospital Salaries