Regions Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work. Great benefits.
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 1, 2017
I've been working at Regions Hospital for over 10 years and consider it to be the best place to work and have recommended working there to acquaintances.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Difficult to find any
Fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 25, 2017
Love it there. Coworker are great and management is great. This is a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and kind.
Good clinical experience
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 6, 2017
Regions ER provides excellent clinical experience with trauma. Working with Residents was a treat. Great group of people.
High Stress but worth it!
Very pleasant atmosphere
Trauma Registrar (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2017
Very pleasant coworkers! Professionalism at its finest. Training period was very helpful and HealthPartners has an awesome benefits package as well.
Overall Regions Hospital is a very good organization. But the Security Department is lacking.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 30, 2016
Regions Hospital is a great organization to work for. Benefits are very good, and for the most part, the work environment is challenging and also rewarding. The Security Department needs work though. We are underpaid, and the raises come review time, are always minimal. For all the combined experience within the department, no input is ever asked of the officers, and turnover is high. Chances for advancement don't happen very often, and qualifications for advancement are disregarded, in favor of management favorites. Good ideas and suggestions from officers, never seem to be considered.
Pros
Good vacation benefits, health insurance, and interesting shifts.
Cons
Workplace violence is commonplace here, mostly from patients and other family members who are seen here.
Embraces team work
Mental Health Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 30, 2016
Typically busy day, with no two days ever a like for my role. I have learnt a great deal over the years within this organization. Hard working individuals overall who are always willing and proud to get the job done. Most enjoyable part of my job is ensuring staff safety throughout the hospital
Great organizational culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 27, 2016
Management - Director level could use development in the area of transparency - seem disingenuous at times. CEO is exceptional and should handle this issue with urgency.
Great Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2016
Wonderful place to work. I am needing a daytime work schedule and having difficulty finding one as a Health Unit Coordinator here at health partners as there are not any openings.
Comfortable and friendly
OR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Every day was a different day. Some days were more challenging than others and some days were more eventful than others.
I learned new computer systems and made many friends. This was another job that I really enjoyed and it was difficult to leave.
Pros
Great Insurance
Friendly Co-Workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 28, 2016
There is team work amongst the co-workers there. I always looked forward to being at work. I learned many nursing skills at Regions. It was a great experience working there.
great work place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2016
It is a great place to work, Management is concern about employees, teamwork and patient focus is priority . I enjoy working with people with the same passion as I.
Fun place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2016
Excelent work culture. It's a all hands on deck kind of place with good interdisciplinary cooperation. The management is superb in communicating expectations to employees and keeping them informed about future plans.
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2016
Regions is a wonderful place to work for motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team. I have learned that there is a lot of room for process improvement to smooth issues with interfacing between departments, create stronger communication within the department, and empower employees to become better at their jobs. The most difficult part of my job is time management. There is always something more that can be done, The best part of my job is when I have time to go above and beyond my daily duties to help serve patients better by providing additional education or spending more time with patients. We do have a great team at Regions and there is opportunity for advancement.
Productive place to work
Lead house keeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 3, 2016
Great hospital. People friendly. Always gave me time off when i really needed it. Never judged my circumstances. Nice co-worker/employee very friendly.
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace with brand new gym.
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 11, 2016
Learned about the latest technology. Got along well with management and co-workers.The hardest part of my job was lifting instruments that were way over the weight limit.Enjoyable part was getting to learn about all the different types of instrumentation that is used in the operating room and keeping up with technology.
Pros
Management, distance from home, work hours.
Cons
Parking, health insurance for eyes.
no good job environment
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 17, 2016
had to fight for schedule, no communications between management, no opportunity for advancement. unless management favor you resume has no role to qualify you to get another position in the hospital
Pros
Cons
no advancement
productive and fun
Digestive Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 17, 2016
wonderful place to work,
children very nice
lots of hours
long place to walk around
management was great
co-workrs nice
hardeat part was seeing sick children
Diverse population. Very pleasant work environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 17, 2015
I have worked in 3 separate areas of Regions Hospital. All have been very happy experiences. The culture is one of inclusion. Many languages are spoken here. The patient care is excellent.

I would highly recommend this workplace for a high quality experience.
Pros
Friendly, supportive and helpful staff
Cons
parking is scarce
Hospital experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 30, 2015
As a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) I would start with taking all the patient's vitals. I would then ensure if patients needed anything. I would help with admits and discharges. I would help clean the rooms and the unit. I also helped stock the unit with what was needed. I answered call lights and help with whatever a patient would need. I reported to the nurse anything that was out of normal and do anything the nurse might need done. The hardest part of the job was being the only aide for 12 patients. The most enjoyable part was helping patients enjoy their stay and to help them get better.
Pros
Teamwork, patient satisfaction, and learning experience
Cons
Only aide for 12 patients
Very busy Level 1 Trauma Center
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 16, 2015
A great place to work! I love working at this hospital. It's very busy, multi-cultural in terms of staff and patients, and the opportunities for learning are plentiful. Management is supportive, for the most part. Co-workers are great, very supportive and available as a resource. The hardest part of the job is, for me, the emotional side of nursing, especially in critical care. Nurses are saturated in the suffering of others, and that is erosive. There is no support for staff in this regard. There is and EAP available, but that's a mere 3 sessions, which does not begin to scratch the surface. The most enjoyable part of this job is the successes you have with individuals who are hospitalized, from the minor triumph of getting a snack from a closed kitchen for a person admitted at 2am to the major triumph of picking up on a subtle change in the status of a person that leads to staving off a potential complication. There are always shifts to pick up.
Pros
People are very friendly.
Cons
So busy, staffing adequately is problematic. Lack of support.