Regions Hospital

Regions Hospital Employer Reviews

busy and rewarding
Lab service tech (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 19, 2012
Pros: great hours and great coworkers. nice clean environment
Cons: new management, not compiant with health issue.
I did enjoy working for regions hospital it was very rewarding and exciting, loved my coworkers and my staff, also loved working with patients up close and personal, i felt i was a asset to the company.
team players
Cook, dishwasher, grill cook, busser and cashier (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2012
Pros: good employees
Cons: short braks and sometimes under staffed
got to do many different jobs. alot of cross training in different areas, good team work
Regions is good place to work at
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), 640 jackson st.paul mnOctober 10, 2012
Pros: we can eat at are desk
Cons: sometimes do not get a lunch
log on the computer, inpt patient in the system answer the phones.

What I learned about management you have to be organize.

My co-workers care about each other.

When someone is sick and the hospital is full and a patient is waiting on a bed from seeing the doctor at the clinic.

The most enjoyable part is when you can get a patient as quickly as – more... you can with out them waiting. – less
Ok place to be
HUC II (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 27, 2012
This was an okay place to get your foot into the medical field.
Regions
LST (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits, excellant staff
The lab is truly one of the best experiences I have ever had! Management will go above and beyond to get you where you want to be. If it were not for relocating I would still be ther full-time. Casual right now. You will not be sorry!
I spent the better part of my working career there. I learned so much, and got to experience a multitude of things!!
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 28, 2012
Pros: many areas to work, lot's of diversity, good people
Cons: big companies often don't give alot of perks because there are so many employees. parking fees, traffic
It is a level one trauma hospital, and oh my!! What i saw there, what i participated in, learned, and accomplished, I'll never forget or take for granted..
Mental Health at satellite Behavioral Health Clinic
Therapist (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJuly 27, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: management and productivity-based model of pay
Management is biased and abusive. Not a teamwork model like they claim; their obsession is with productivity pay and not quality service. Prepare to become a robot. Worst, most dysfunctional job I had ever encountered. Felt like the Twilight Zone.
Great place to learn
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2012
Has a great time learning here. Worked as a team with all therapy departments.
Wonderful place to work
Instrument Processing Aide (Former Employee), St Paul, MNJuly 2, 2012
Pros: great pay
Management in some departments show favoritism
I learned how to work with other departments within the hospital
My co-workers were helpful and fun
volunteering is an enjoyable way to give a litte back.
Surgery Center/Burn Unit Volunteer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2012
Pros: $5.00 for lunch & free parking
Volunteering is something a little different all the time, greeting and updating families in the surgery center waiting area. Answering phones, answering patient call lights in the burn center, helping people find their way through the hospital. It is very rewarding.
Productive place to work, fun, good teamwork
Nurse (Current Employee), Elk River, MNJune 12, 2012
One of the best places you can work to get experience and job satisfaction. A good learning institution for doctor interns and nursing students of all field. Staff are very friendly. I can recommend this organization to anybody who would like to bring positive change to the organization and also good teamwork skills.
good friendly workplace. many come back to work there after leaving and searching for something different/better.
Evening Lead MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2012
Pros: happy
i went to regions as a temp. my first 13 week assignment was done in a flash because it was a pleasure to work with everyone there. i renewed for a second 13 week gig there but they bought out my contract after 8 weeks and i stayed on as a permanent employee for 4 years. they have above average benefits for the area.
Perfect workplace :-)
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 24, 2012
The best company I have ever worked for! Stress and drama free!
A very nice working envoirment!
Cart Delivery (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2012
Cons: breaks
I help visitors their way around the hospital and serve patients meals to each of their floors. The co workers and all employees are nice and very caring.
do not appreciate loyality,dedication,truthfulness
nurse (Former Employee), st.paulMarch 3, 2012
Focused on appearances rather than patients. Personal politics likes and dislikes are dominant decision making factors in management. Display poor ethics in dealing with their staff.
Tryanny / dictatorship
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), Saint Paul,MNAugust 30, 2011
Pros: great technology
Cons: poor management
Stay away,there are better places to work.Overall management is very bad,there's no room to do your job ,only what you are told. Most of the directions are made up as you go and there's no policies that are concrete,they change constantly to fit the needs of the managers and not the patients or staff. You will learn alot and enjoy some of the best technology – more... you have ever seen, but the stress just to maintain your integrity is overwhelming to say the least.There are moles everywhere that fabricate your activites and undermine your ability to do your job.You asked, in less than one year over 50 people lost their jobs in department alone, just because management thought they were rebellious,no proof,no truth,no mercy.They were let go just because they had ideas that were better than the management,thus they were considered a threat. – less