Regions Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

good friendly workplace. many come back to work there after leaving and searching for something different/better.
Evening Lead MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2012
i went to regions as a temp. my first 13 week assignment was done in a flash because it was a pleasure to work with everyone there. i renewed for a second 13 week gig there but they bought out my contract after 8 weeks and i stayed on as a permanent employee for 4 years. they have above average benefits for the area.
Pros
happy
A wonderful hospital with a devoted staff and excellent care.
Inpatient Psychiatric Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of admitting and caring for persons with SPMI and Chemical dependency. I was in a supervisory position which allowed me to oversee the nursing staff. I met daily with the psychiatrist, social worker, occupational therapist, and recreational therapist to discuss and coordinate care for each client. I developed discharge plans with the social workers.
Good work experience, poor employee support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2015
Diverse patient population & good learning environment. Poor support of staff by management & administration; mostly about the bottom line. Large company, lots of politics.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 3, 2015
fun and great place to work, worm employees with great management. education levels and training were always there.
awesome caring employees, this organization puts the patient always number one in any field.
solid reputation for pt care
Registered Nurse/Safety (Natl Pt Safety Goals) (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2015
Many different options as a Registered Nurse. Was able to work in several of those areas during my time there. Typical work hours for Nurses 8 or 12 hour shifts depending on your specialty
Pros
a nice change from direct patient care
Cons
Hi turnover with management
Warm and inviting place to work
Laboratory Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2013
This hospital is the warmest most inviting place to work. Everyone is so friendly. Employees go out of their way to help family and patients whenever needed to provide excellent patient care,
Making Best Care Best Experience the norm.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
high sick calls, and mandate to stay to cover large amount of fmls's
very poor management
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2013
this company is very poor to work for, the management is very discriminating against it's employees, management uses all past mistakes through out your time there so they do not have to give raises.
free soul
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 17, 2015
I recommended that all medical student volunteer for this place because it will give you a great start in your career. when your still in school try to get as much experiences as possible.
Pros
experience
Cons
n/a
Regions
LST (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2012
The lab is truly one of the best experiences I have ever had! Management will go above and beyond to get you where you want to be. If it were not for relocating I would still be ther full-time. Casual right now. You will not be sorry!
Pros
great benefits, excellant staff
Mental Health Associates (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 4, 2015
Great people, Good work environment, One of the best hospital in the twin cities. Working there has giving me great leadership skills. Improved my communication skills and gave me plenty of opportunities to advance my skills.
Challenging and exciting,so your never bored
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2015
Work can be challenging when trying to schedule surgeries with limited time and space for multiple physicians and services, I have learned to see what is not there and to listen even when no one is talking. At the end of the day, when the medical staff that i support, and the patients and their families give me positive feedback , with smiles, hugs and appreciative comments, it makes all worth while.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, can be high stress.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  SAINT PAULOctober 6, 2015
Cashiering is helping checking out costumer when they bring product and bring staff for nurse different location. Making costumer to satiety with anything they want do or buy staff from company.
Horrible Schedule
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2015
There is a major issue as far as scheduling goes. As of right now our Pharm Tech supervisor is a late 20 something year old male and he plays favorites and just in general does not know how to deal with people or be fair. He is also a liar and likes to skate around the truth to keep you from getting mad at him. If it wasn't for him screwing half of us over schedule wise the job would be great. He likes to change your schedule after the original schedule has been posted without telling you of the changes. I will say if you are a flirtatious blonde you may stand a chance on getting what you want. Or pregnant.
Productive and excellent hospital to work in for
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnesota, MNSeptember 19, 2015
Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN is one of the most valued health facilities. It promotes good ethics of work, sets standard of how every department must be run. conducive atmosphere to work.
Discrimination Against Disabled Veterans
Certified Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  St Paul, MNJune 23, 2015
This company fired me for making a mistake even though I told them I was on new medication for PTSD. They do not work with disabled veterans with mental illness sustained in the Iraq war. I actually regret ever working here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
Regions cares more about $$$ than patients or employees.
Radiology Front Desk/Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 24, 2014
Regions used to be a decent company to work for until Radiology had a big management shake up a few years back. The people placed in management positions are incompetent, make life miserable for the employees that don't suck up and actually have a backbone and don't care enough about employees to make sure they even get a breaks. The workplace gossip is horrible and management makes no effort to quell it and seem to encourage it in some cases.

Don't even bother working yourself to the bone because once you do that management will continuously add more and more job duties on your plate to make up for the laziness and incompetence of other coworkers. Even if you are told that you do a good job that will not come into play during your yearly performance reviews. Management takes that opportunity to bring up anything and everything that is wrong with you in order to justify only giving you a pitiful 1% raise. These issues are never brought to your attention other than during your review, therefore never giving you a chance to know what you were doing wrong and try to improve.

The ONLY opinions that matter are that of management. They claim to appreciate employees but budget is the only thing that truly matters. They keep wanting us to do more with less which greatly affects patient care, safety and the safety of the employees. They need to find a way to save money at the cost of employees and patients in order to pay the ridiculous amount of managers they have running around and help them come in under budget and get their yearly bonuses.

In closing, this would be a wonderful
  more... place to work if you are in management or possibly a tech in one of the specialties. If you are a front desk worker you are viewed as disposable even though you are the first line of patient contact and are responsible for their first impression. Leaving this company was the best decision I have ever made. I now work for a manager that is not a complete loon or catty and treats his employees with respect.  less
Pros
helping patients, learning something new everyday, working with wonderful radiologists
Cons
management, paying $50 a month to park two blocks away, you are lucky to get a break of any kind during your shift
Fun place to work
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2015
Very diverse and fun place to work. Employees are friendly and welcoming. Clean and new building, enforced work scrubs, clear work requirements
Pros
new work building
Cons
little pay
Good benefits
Reprographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 9, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work if you are in the health care field. They will reinburse you if you go to school. They have other programs for there employee's to use.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay for parking
A warm and welcoming place to receive care .
Ambulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 9, 2014
Upon arrival , you are always greeted with a smile and a good morning from co-works , my manager had an open door policy .
I have learned that even when a person is not in the best of health coming to a place from the time you check-in until you are discharged , you feel welcomed and confident in the care you are receiving , sometimes means more than any treatment and or ongoing test you may have to encounter .

I enjoyed coming to work , it was such a healthy environment and positive energy throughout the workplace , we all played a part in making sure patient exited the clinic with clarity . Although at times dealing with noncompliant patiets can get a bit frustrating .
Pros
gaining knowledge
Cons
in specailty care the availability at times gets hard
Working at Regions was a great experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2013
When I was focused on becoming a nurse, working a Regions was the best environment to be in working with the nurses and patients. A typical shift started out with our morning huddle to find out about any events happening at the hospital that HR or upper management might be hosting. In addition to any information that the head nurse needed to inform the nurses and patient care assistants. I was usually responsible for assisting 2-3 nurses with their 4-5 patients. I was responsible for taking vital signs, and accommodating to the request of the patients. It was a great experience to strategize with the other PCA's and nurses to make sure that the patients were cared for, and everyone was taken care of.
Pros
occasional free lunch sponsored by management, potlucks in our depts.
Cons
pay for parking, reassigned to different departments sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.